What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I got sucked into this at work, and now am at TH8. I figure I'll camp in here and see if I can glean some tips here and there, as just making a bunch of dragons and rolling enemies when I was TH7 no longer seems to work. I think easy mode is over. I really stink, now.
Get hogs to L4 asap.
Ok, I'll start working on them. I have them at 2 now.

I got sucked into this at work, and now am at TH8. I figure I'll camp in here and see if I can glean some tips here and there, as just making a bunch of dragons and rolling enemies when I was TH7 no longer seems to work. I think easy mode is over. I really stink, now.
Get hogs to L4 asap.
Then expect heartache and pain for the next 3 months.
Oh no... I'm afraid to ask why... but why?
Pretty decent learning curve to them. And when you fail, you fail spectacularly. Pretty much the only way to 3* a max TH8 as a TH8.

Get hogs to L4 asap.
Ok, I'll start working on them. I have them at 2 now.

Get hogs to L4 asap.
Then expect heartache and pain for the next 3 months.
Oh no... I'm afraid to ask why... but why?
Pretty decent learning curve to them. And when you fail, you fail spectacularly. Pretty much the only way to 3* a max TH8 as a TH8.
I guess I need to go look up some Youtube vids, now. Btw, I've seen a few guys with TH8s attack with those rock looking dudes and wizards, pekkas and some bombs. They seem to wreck other TH8s, but I don't remember how exactly they attacked, I just watched a few replays. Is this a good strategy against 8s?

I ask because I hate to use so much dark elixir every attack. I'm trying save it to level all my dark elixir guys and heroes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoss Style said:
I guess I need to go look up some Youtube vids, now. Btw, I've seen a few guys with TH8s attack with those rock looking dudes and wizards, pekkas and some bombs. They seem to wreck other TH8s, but I don't remember how exactly they attacked, I just watched a few replays. Is this a good strategy against 8s?

I ask because I hate to use so much dark elixir every attack. I'm trying save it to level all my dark elixir guys and heroes up.
Are you talking regular raiding or wars? Big difference for what you should be using.The rock looking dudes are Golems. The attack your talking about is referred to as a GoWiPe (Golem. Wizard. Pekka); check the first page of the thread for dinner of the terminology. Way to expensive to use for raiding and not the best war attack.

For regular raiding, you should just be using giants, wall breakers, archers and barbs.

In wars, when the goal is complete destruction, you want hogs at TH8.

If you're not in a clan join Quattro. Lots of guys at that level.

FBG50 was a success I thought. We drew a easy target, but there was a wide diversity of bases to hit that seemed to suit everyone.

One thing about the 50 war is the stakes were a little lower. At 25/30/35/40 each attack counts quite a bit more. You blow a couple raids in a 35 and the clan has half a clue and you are in the weeds.

Didn't run the weights, but both times we broke maxTH9 at about 22-25 which was comfortably in range for our 9.5 to mop up the TH9 as needed. Only drew at most 3 TH8 which I thought was unusual considering occasionally we draw up to 8 as a 35 person clan. I expected to see in the 10-12 TH8 base count.

It got a little chaotic at times, but a good chaos.

I didn't have a great war in the mix of this, but several did. It goes in cycles and alot of us (myself included) are still coming to grips of timing and deployment on the heavy bases.
Agreed - was fun.

Thanks to the Honda guys for coming over and getting us to 50 - you are all welcome back any time.

Hope to do it again. First week of every month would be cool - or something like that.
It was fun, and I'm up for the 50 wars on a semi-regular basis. Really impressed by the progress fbg1 has made against developed TH10. It was educational really.

I am a little fatigued of AQ pushing but feel like I am in the home stretch and want to focus on her for just a couple more weeks (only 800k DE to go!). I'll surely visit again.

To make this easier they really should let clan sizes go to 55 and then max out war size at 50. Trying to fill a 50 person war will end up being a real chore.

Remember kids, the order is.

golem

wiz wiz wiz wiz

queen

wbs (if using)

count to 5

jump

queen goes !! cc comes out

King

Jumping too early puts the meat of your kill squad into a tanking position while they are not doing their job. Let them do their job.

-Clear trash

-Clear towers on edge

-Open path to queen and cc

-Kill queen

-Zap cc

-Finish off cc

-Get more towers.

-Move on with your 3 star.

-Collect accolades

Also, as soon as you see your kill squad has the queen and cc dead, or at least the stuff that can hurt you is dead START YOUR AIR/HOG raid. You can leverage the tanking from what's left of your kill squad as they will have aggro left over. Dont' stand around till all your stuff is dead. You can get some free cleanup troops this way.

Guys, looking for a roost for a few weeks for my TH9 account to gain some knowledge. I suck hard at war and I shouldn't, have all the toys just can't use them for #### ( :hey: Acer). Don't care much about warring just need a laid back spot to pick up some tips, tricks and learn some techniques I'm not gonna get from my current clan. Whatcha got?

Guys, looking for a roost for a few weeks for my TH9 account to gain some knowledge. I suck hard at war and I shouldn't, have all the toys just can't use them for #### ( :hey: Acer). Don't care much about warring just need a laid back spot to pick up some tips, tricks and learn some techniques I'm not gonna get from my current clan. Whatcha got?
HONDA might have an opening.

If you want to get better at warring, FBGs is the place to be. 3 wars a week and all of the advice you could want. Its a deep clan of TH9's so there are lots of people to learn by example from.

If you want to get better at warring, FBGs is the place to be. 3 wars a week and all of the advice you could want. Its a deep clan of TH9's so there are lots of people to learn by example from.
I've always enjoyed my stints in FBG's just don't want to drag you guys down to my level ;)

I've always enjoyed my stints in FBG's just don't want to drag you guys down to my level ;)
Me, Jnox and others are going through our hog growing pains, might as well jump aboard the self loathing train.

Me, Jnox and others are going through our hog growing pains, might as well jump aboard the self loathing train.
PERFECT! Thinking about it a little it would probably be a good idea to hop around the clans to pick up the different styles. I didn't follow along much but it sounded like the 50 man war clan was a good spot for sharing the techniques each clan possesses. I'll hit up HONDA after lunch

one comment on the hog thing. Seems to be en vogue, but with the youtube hog videos people are taking out both the AQ and BK. I rarely saw the FBG50 hog team specifically target the bk unless it just happened to be there by the aq.

most bases are splitting up the aq/bk now more by accident, but this has a profound anti-hog effect.

On the stronger th9 bases if you leave the king up even if you get the queen and cc down and a few towers the king can still ruin your day.

For the most part I'm thinking to distinguish between TH9 air and ground base it's

-Can I get AQ/BK/CC - Hog it

-Can I get AQ/CC/AA - Hound it

Honda is bursting at the seams and now have 20ish people/alts who are not ever warring. Those of you wanting to come over to Honda should be ready to war 3 times a week. We want to get up to 40+ wars at some point. As always skills not required, enthusiasm and the ability to understand basic directions however are required. As usual the Honda rules are right here in this thread.

Those of you in Honda who never war prepare for some tough love coming. I will be tracking war participation and general donation patterns for everyone starting today.

TenTimes I booted you couple days ago to make room but that's temporary till you get back into the game if you ever do. I had sent a invitation so that should be in your in-game mail for you to just join, not sure if that ever expires. Just make sure it's not full as it has been full a lot lately and if so hit me up and I'll boot an alt to make room for ya.

Honda is bursting at the seams and now have 20ish people/alts who are not ever warring. Those of you wanting to come over to Honda should be ready to war 3 times a week. We want to get up to 40+ wars at some point. As always skills not required, enthusiasm and the ability to understand basic directions however are required. As usual the Honda rules are right here in this thread.

Those of you in Honda who never war prepare for some tough love coming. I will be tracking war participation and general donation patterns for everyone starting today.

TenTimes I booted you couple days ago to make room but that's temporary till you get back into the game if you ever do. I had sent a invitation so that should be in your in-game mail for you to just join, not sure if that ever expires. Just make sure it's not full as it has been full a lot lately and if so hit me up and I'll boot an alt to make room for ya.
Sounds like we need a farming clan

If you have room can you drop trophies to 1000?

We might be close in all seriousness.

doesn't boog fit that bill?

If you have room can you drop trophies to 1000?
done, down to 800

There are 5 people in boog right now, if it doesn't I'd like to see what the definition of a farming clan is.

Not if no one is in there. I would be happy to be in a farming clan with 30 other fbgs as long as they were people who played and donated.

If Honda and Quatro each have 20-25 that war and 20-25 that dont, seems like an easy answer to me. Just let me know which one to go to

AND, I would want the farming clan to be a farming war clan

ETA: and what I mean by that is take the 30% losers fee

shuke went to boog for a few days during teh leadup to the fbg50 event. There are troop requests a month old and the chat log runs a year and a half

Not if no one is in there. I would be happy to be in a farming clan with 30 other fbgs as long as they were people who played and donated.

If Honda and Quatro each have 20-25 that war and 20-25 that dont, seems like an easy answer to me. Just let me know which one to go to
Quattro has a contingent who always war, a contingent who never war, and a contingent who opt in/out.

ETA: But I'm not sure how active those who never war really are, though.

This is the obvious solution, but there are some that are dug in.

FBGS - flagship for those that want to test against nearly all TH9 and 25+ max TH9 or greater in war 3x a week.

Honda - Training clan that want to learn on some higher bases but mostly TH8 and lower war however much they war

Quattro - Farming clan. Greg makes two farm war bases and just opts everyone in on a continuous basis. Nobody says you don't have to attack. Just let gregs bases be the bait.

Ahhh, that's cute. ;)

Simple answer, regarding switching gang colors - I mean clans?

Do you guys ever get tired of having the same discussion? You can pencil this thing on your calendar for once a month.

Let me know what clan you want me in. I have two TH8 accounts that can dragon rush and are horrible at hogging (even though I've watched The Hog Rider Bible).

To be honest, I don't really think there is a draw for a th8 in fbgs, it's fine and they are welcome but it's not a ton of fun to have maybe 3 or 4 bases a war that you can reasonably 3 star.

lol, didnt mean to stir the pot so much and start this discussion again. just putting up a sign on the lawn "not a vacation spot" would have sufficed.

Why is Quattro the farming clan? Quattro has it good. We're open and friendly. War if you want, or opt out. We just ask that you donate if you're sitting on the sidelines.
You are missing the point
Explain it? Culdeus wants his constant 50 person war and others don't care so much. I get it if he wants to weed out non- warring people from FBG's, but I don't think we care in Quattro. We war with any amount when it's time.
Has nothing to do with Culdeus or FBG 1 for that matter

Uhm layed down the edict that Honda is no longer allowing non war participants. Black Box said that Quatro has anywhere between 20-25 for a war and 20 or so non war.

Put the two 20 people war clans together so they can have a 40-50 person war clan. Leave the remaining to be a farming clan where they dont have to worry about opt in vs opt out. Plus, if I had my way, we would war and lose and take the 30% losers fee for sniping THs. Other clans dont want to play, move on after the war to one that might

Why is Quattro the farming clan? Quattro has it good. We're open and friendly. War if you want, or opt out. We just ask that you donate if you're sitting on the sidelines.
Explain it? Culdeus wants his constant 50 person war and others don't care so much. I get it if he wants to weed out non- warring people from FBG's, but I don't think we care in Quattro. We war with any amount when it's time.

Uhm layed down the edict that Honda is no longer allowing non war participants. Black Box said that Quatro has anywhere between 20-25 for a war and 20 or so non war.

Put the two 20 people war clans together so they can have a 40-50 person war clan. Leave the remaining to be a farming clan where they dont have to worry about opt in vs opt out. Plus, if I had my way, we would war and lose and take the 30% losers fee for sniping THs. Other clans dont want to play, move on after the war to one that might
And we don't have enough to make a 50 person war in fbgs every week, period. 40 at best. probably settle into 35 soon. And that's with quattro dissolving.

No sir, was saying we will need to make room for those who do war by removing those who are not participating if and when that becomes an issue since we are at 50. Sorry for the confusion. We have plenty of inactives and alts who can go before u acer. Come on back if u'd like. At the same time dont want to lose sight of the fact that we are a war clan.

To be honest, I don't really think there is a draw for a th8 in fbgs, it's fine and they are welcome but it's not a ton of fun to have maybe 3 or 4 bases a war that you can reasonably 3 star.
Good luck getting 50 sir
If we went full engineering on this we could start drawing th8 in volume. But that's gonna take some heavy work. And 50 is too much a pita to coordinate just getting people to stay for one war. Let alone a month worth.

:lmao:

It's seriously like ground hog day in here.

The clans are the clans - each are doing well enough in their own regard without others trying to dictate what they think another should do.

This is the obvious solution, but there are some that are dug in.

FBGS - flagship for those that want to test against nearly all TH9 and 25+ max TH9 or greater in war 3x a week.

Honda - Training clan that want to learn on some higher bases but mostly TH8 and lower war however much they war

Quattro - Farming clan. Greg makes two farm war bases and just opts everyone in on a continuous basis. Nobody says you don't have to attack. Just let gregs bases be the bait.

Good luck getting 50 sir
This. And then make a clan edict that all th9's must immediately move to

It's seriously like ground hog day in here.

The clans are the clans - each are doing well enough in their own regard without others trying to dictate what they think another should do.
What a freaking trouble maker you are!!! Come back in ONE MONTH and we will re-visit the pipe dream.

Users who are viewing this thread