What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

Any top Hondite care to give me tips/critique on my 1 star hog fail? My CC lure and queen kills were sloppy but got the job done. I healed and survived the big bombs, but it just fizzled like I had L4 hogs or something. I'm all ears.

Any top Hondite care to give me tips/critique on my 1 star hog fail? My CC lure and queen kills were sloppy but got the job done. I healed and survived the big bombs, but it just fizzled like I had L4 hogs or something. I'm all ears.
You dropped your cc too close to their clan castle troops. There wasn't enough room for the skeletons to separate from the witches. Without that buffer, the witches died quickly.

You handled the two double bombs in the core fine - they were each triggered one at a time, except that you had to spend all of your heals too soon. This meant you were out of heals when there were still eight defenses standing. You lost five hogs and triggered a skeleton trap while cleaning out those eight structures. That was just too much for the hogs to overcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am ranked 15 this war, got my first lvl 4 hog 3* with 10 hogs still up in the end. Just sniped their 5 for a one star, liking things this war. All props to j and jest.

If u are in Honda or quattro...state ur desire...full war or full farm
Ambivalence?
If u are in Honda or quattro...state ur desire...full war or full farm
LOL shtick? I like both. Sometimes I want to war for 3 weeks straight, sometimes I need to break for a day to a week. That's why quattro is perfect for me
What is your CoC name?
Hugh G. RectionWhaddya call yours?
Little Elvis

fbgs will kick off at or near 4pm cst today due to the increasingly long search times we are experiencing. All are welcome, even bucky.

You dropped your cc too close to their clan castle troops. There wasn't enough room for the skeletons to separate from the witches. Without that buffer, the witches died quickly.

You handled the two double bombs in the core fine - they were each triggered one at a time, except that you had to spend all of your heals too soon. This meant you were out of heals when there were still eight defenses standing. You lost five hogs and triggered a skeleton trap while cleaning out those eight structures. That was just too much for the hogs to overcome.
Thank you sir.

Hoss Style said:
I guess I need to go look up some Youtube vids, now. Btw, I've seen a few guys with TH8s attack with those rock looking dudes and wizards, pekkas and some bombs. They seem to wreck other TH8s, but I don't remember how exactly they attacked, I just watched a few replays. Is this a good strategy against 8s?

I ask because I hate to use so much dark elixir every attack. I'm trying save it to level all my dark elixir guys and heroes up.
Are you talking regular raiding or wars? Big difference for what you should be using.The rock looking dudes are Golems. The attack your talking about is referred to as a GoWiPe (Golem. Wizard. Pekka); check the first page of the thread for dinner of the terminology. Way to expensive to use for raiding and not the best war attack.

For regular raiding, you should just be using giants, wall breakers, archers and barbs.

In wars, when the goal is complete destruction, you want hogs at TH8.

If you're not in a clan join Quattro. Lots of guys at that level.
Talking Wars, here. Our clan is on level 4 now, almost to 5. I'm pretty good at regular raiding for loot - I just use archers and barbs (both lvl 5) and just search for stuff outside walls that is full. I average over 100k each raid on elixir and gold, and bring along a few bomb guys with my hero if I need to get to their dark elixir storage.

It's the wars I suck at. A hogrider army, with 2 attacks each war, just kills my dark elixir levels. We've got a guy that uses a few golems and the pekka strat (the gowife thing you talked about) and he is always 2 and 3 starring lvl 8s. He's getting the higher lvl 8s too, that have maxed cannons and archers.

But if there's a better way, Im all for it. I don't have max level guys yet. Just got the golems, and only lvl 1 peks and lvl 2 hogs. I think I'd get decimated if I tried the gowife attack.

By the way, our clan at work is falling apart. I might apply to a clan here, like you suggest. I always attack twice, donate till I'm broke, and level up all my stuff before leveling up the TH again (I was told lvling up the Town Hall too soon is bad).

Let's see how these next few wars go. We have some real dip####s in our clan right now, it seems.

fwiw I only barch when I raid (toss in a few Wbs) and that's it, no giants or anything. I only raid for DE and I get the other resources as a byproduct. I'm a mid TH9

Hoss Style said:
I guess I need to go look up some Youtube vids, now. Btw, I've seen a few guys with TH8s attack with those rock looking dudes and wizards, pekkas and some bombs. They seem to wreck other TH8s, but I don't remember how exactly they attacked, I just watched a few replays. Is this a good strategy against 8s?

I ask because I hate to use so much dark elixir every attack. I'm trying save it to level all my dark elixir guys and heroes up.
Are you talking regular raiding or wars? Big difference for what you should be using.The rock looking dudes are Golems. The attack your talking about is referred to as a GoWiPe (Golem. Wizard. Pekka); check the first page of the thread for dinner of the terminology. Way to expensive to use for raiding and not the best war attack.

For regular raiding, you should just be using giants, wall breakers, archers and barbs.

Talking Wars, here. Our clan is on level 4 now, almost to 5. I'm pretty good at regular raiding for loot - I just use archers and barbs (both lvl 5) and just search for stuff outside walls that is full. I average over 100k each raid on elixir and gold, and bring along a few bomb guys with my hero if I need to get to their dark elixir storage.

It's the wars I suck at. A hogrider army, with 2 attacks each war, just kills my dark elixir levels. We've got a guy that uses a few golems and the pekka strat (the gowife thing you talked about) and he is always 2 and 3 starring lvl 8s. He's getting the higher lvl 8s too, that have maxed cannons and archers.

But if there's a better way, Im all for it. I don't have max level guys yet. Just got the golems, and only lvl 1 peks and lvl 2 hogs. I think I'd get decimated if I tried the gowife attack.

By the way, our clan at work is falling apart. I might apply to a clan here, like you suggest. I always attack twice, donate till I'm broke, and level up all my stuff before leveling up the TH again (I was told lvling up the Town Hall too soon is bad).

Let's see how these next few wars go. We have some real dip####s in our clan right now, it seems.
Hogs are definitely a better attack than a GoWiPe and hogs will continue to be a 3* attack all the way up to TH10 while GoWiPe will only get you 2* 95% of the time vs a TH9. GoWiPe is a much more certain attack as it's almost a lock for 2* while screwing up with hogs usually ends up with 0. But getting 2* vs TH8s won't win you many wars. And once you hit TH9, you can 3* a lot of TH9s as soon as you get max hogs.A hog army should cost about 1250-1500 DE; 25-30 hogs at about 50DE each. If you're attacking a TH8, your win bonus should cover that (assuming you win).

Last edited by a moderator:
But if there's a better way, Im all for it. I don't have max level guys yet. Just got the golems, and only lvl 1 peks and lvl 2 hogs.
This was my problem at TH8, I didn't upgrade hogs because I never used them and I never used them because they were so weak. If I had to do it over I'd make a priority of leveling up hogs and learning hog attacks at TH8

And you can always just pop into one of the FBG clans for one war to see how it's done. Quattro will kickoff tonight around 8-9 est. Not sure aboutthe others.

Hoss Style said:

Hogs are definitely a better attack than a GoWiPe and hogs will continue to be a 3* attack all the way up to TH10 while GoWiPe will only get you 2* 95% of the time vs a TH9. GoWiPe is a much more certain attack as it's almost a lock for 2* while screwing up with hogs usually ends up with 0. But getting 2* vs TH8s won't win you many wars. And once you hit TH9, you can 3* a lot of TH9s as soon as you get max hogs.A hog army should cost about 1250-1500 DE; 25-30 hogs at about 50DE each. If you're attacking a TH8, your win bonus should cover that (assuming you win).
Yeah, Cliff, that's part of the problem - winning. We were winning 4 out of every 5 for a while, but now we have people who just aren't as interested, which is fine, but it sucks for those of us that spend time farming, only to have it all wasted by donating in, and losing wars.

If you say Hogs are better for wars, then Hogs it is. I'm all for winning wars, as it benefits the entire clan. I've read back about 5 or so pages now, and good god, there's lots of knowledge in here. I'm gonna camp the hell outta this thread to learn. But as a primer - can you direct me somewhere in this humongous thread to an example of a solid Hog strat?

As I typed that, I realized I haven't even looked at the front page. There might be links and stuff there. I'll go check now.

And I think I'm going to find a way to ease out of the clan at work. I am friends with most of the guys, so I'll have to be a bit judicious about it, but my current clan is in shambles.

But if there's a better way, Im all for it. I don't have max level guys yet. Just got the golems, and only lvl 1 peks and lvl 2 hogs.
This was my problem at TH8, I didn't upgrade hogs because I never used them and I never used them because they were so weak. If I had to do it over I'd make a priority of leveling up hogs and learning hog attacks at TH8
Done. Gonna start farming Dark to level them up.

Yeah, Cliff, that's part of the problem - winning. We were winning 4 out of every 5 for a while, but now we have people who just aren't as interested, which is fine, but it sucks for those of us that spend time farming, only to have it all wasted by donating in, and losing wars.

If you say Hogs are better for wars, then Hogs it is. I'm all for winning wars, as it benefits the entire clan. I've read back about 5 or so pages now, and good god, there's lots of knowledge in here. I'm gonna camp the hell outta this thread to learn. But as a primer - can you direct me somewhere in this humongous thread to an example of a solid Hog strat?

As I typed that, I realized I haven't even looked at the front page. There might be links and stuff there. I'll go check now.

And I think I'm going to find a way to ease out of the clan at work. I am friends with most of the guys, so I'll have to be a bit judicious about it, but my current clan is in shambles.
The front page and YouTube should give you plenty of examples or join one of the clans for a few minutes and watch some of the war replays.

The biggest thing is luring and killing the CC troops. If you don't do that, you'll fail every time.

Um... So, yeah. The first page of this thread has a little bit of info.

I'm gonna be here for a while. I'll check back in a few days after I finish reading it all.

If u want to learn how to hog Google "hog bible YouTube". Watch that video and then practice applying. Not every base is hoggable, but those that are will fall most of the time if the points in that video are followed.

I know everyone here hates change and all...But with a few scattered strategy posts and no more Greg, would it make sense for Clayton (seems most active and level headed, feel free to nominate another) to remake a CoC thread?

That way the first page can go back to continuously being updated and such...

:scared:

I know everyone here hates change and all...But with a few scattered strategy posts and no more Greg, would it make sense for Clayton (seems most active and level headed, feel free to nominate another) to remake a CoC thread?

seems reasonable enough

Question: I wasn't around when GregR was running this...what happened to him?

Can a mod change it such that somebody else can edit that first post?

seems reasonable enough

Burned out.

seems reasonable enough

Burned out.
Turns it running two villages full time and spending lots of $$ to constantly boost your DE drills will kill your enthusiasm for the game at some point. Who knew?

seems reasonable enough

Burned out.
Turns it running two villages full time and spending lots of $$ to constantly boost your DE drills will kill your enthusiasm for the game at some point. Who knew?
three villages

Didn't pay attention for two seconds so my village gets attacked...how do you guys deal with this?
1. Don't upgrade TH early

2. Upgrade Defenses

3. Upgrade walls

4. Make TH available for sniping

5. Strong village design

I've rarely been attacked in over a year of playing.

I've rarely been attacked in over a year of playing.
Umm yeah me either. I've been playing for 12 years now and have hogrider and valkyre tattoos on each bicep. The game got too easy so now I only play while walking uphill in the snow

Getting attacked really is not a big deal. Best thing you can do it to try to mitigate the damage by keeping your TH outside your walls. That way when you get attacked hopefully they just go for the TH and not your resources. "Free shield."

Regarding War CC Defense

In general, now that most....have gotten the zap targeting down a CC witch has less value. I think they should be discarded as a default war CC content. Not only are the expensive DE wise, they really serve minimal purpose in the wars we face. I'd suggest the following.

For TH10 anti 2 star bases

-35 made up of 4xWiz (12) 1 skull (5) 2 minions (4) and Archers to fill

For TH10 Anti 3 star bases

-35 made up of 3xWiz and the remainder archers

For TH9 with max AA (Wiz/Teslas/AA)

-3x wiz rest archers

For TH9 with weak AA (All L6)

-Dragon and 10 archers

OR

-All archers

Goal here is to make either the cc suck harder, and or the zap less value.

poke holes.

Users who are viewing this thread