What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

This set of one hive videos is good. He goes into detail about how to use golems and how to calculate how many to bring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKoL8yrupvE

Then this video shows two different hog raids, one fail and one success on same base with a slightly different approach with a different golem count on each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7eb0zfcxX0

I think several of our attacks lately have used too many golems for the job. He gets into why more is not always better among other topics.

Not active in this thread anymore, so I've lost track. Is there a clan around that has room for an occasional, non serious non war participating player?

Only ground troops pull healers. I would think they would be most effective with loons this way air lures would not pull any thing
We're wondering though if you pair up healers with only troops that healers don't heal, what will trigger healers coming out of the CC? The first attack on a hero?
Only ground troops pull healers so if someone comes in with an all air raid they will just sit in there the whole raid unless the offensive heroes get in the circle.
As Acer mentioned it's been a while since we last gave this a look, but from what I recall, the healers will heal buildings that are damaged, not just heroes and CC troops. So my guess is that the healers will be tripped by anything*** taking damage within the CC radius (including buildings).

*** ETA: except air troops, as already mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:
So, pretty sure I'm banning myself from war. I suck bad. Which is bad because I have max everything, and no reason to suck other than a lack of desire to study war/clash stuff.

I can either bow out gracefully from the clan, or stick around to provide troops and stuff. Your choice. But I won't be warring for sometime.

Only ground troops pull healers. I would think they would be most effective with loons this way air lures would not pull any thing
We're wondering though if you pair up healers with only troops that healers don't heal, what will trigger healers coming out of the CC? The first attack on a hero?
Only ground troops pull healers so if someone comes in with an all air raid they will just sit in there the whole raid unless the offensive heroes get in the circle.
As Acer mentioned it's been a while since we last gave this a look, but from what I recall, the healers will heal buildings that are damaged, not just heroes and CC troops. So my guess is that the healers will be tripped by anything taking damage within the CC radius (including buildings).
They still need a ground troop to hit the cc radius no matter what and if the CC castle gets blowed up before a ground troop hits the ring they die in the castle.

So, pretty sure I'm banning myself from war. I suck bad. Which is bad because I have max everything, and no reason to suck other than a lack of desire to study war/clash stuff.

I can either bow out gracefully from the clan, or stick around to provide troops and stuff. Your choice. But I won't be warring for sometime.
you can come join Acer. He's made the same choice more or less. He still wars every once and awhile and hates it the whole time. It's a funny subplot.

No need to leave.

This is pretty much me as well.

**Which is why I was suggesting a farming clan :ph34r: :scared:

yep join fbgs

the drawbridge is lowered and the bushes are freshly shaven for you pal

As Acer mentioned it's been a while since we last gave this a look, but from what I recall, the healers will heal buildings that are damaged, not just heroes and CC troops. So my guess is that the healers will be tripped by anything taking damage within the CC radius (including buildings).
They still need a ground troop to hit the cc radius no matter what.
Are you certain? I'm not going to test it, but I would think if a skull entered the radius and dropped a bomb on a building, the healers would emerge to heal that building. That would be logical, at least.

As Acer mentioned it's been a while since we last gave this a look, but from what I recall, the healers will heal buildings that are damaged, not just heroes and CC troops. So my guess is that the healers will be tripped by anything*** taking damage within the CC radius (including buildings).

Healers don't heal buildings anymore. I had no idea, but apparently it was changed at some point along the way.

yep join fbgsthe drawbridge is lowered and the bushes are freshly shaven for you pal
Hey, quit recruiting our members.

Per the Healer's info page, they don't heal buildings anymore.

They still need a ground troop to hit the cc radius no matter what.
Are you certain? I'm not going to test it, but I would think if a skull entered the radius and dropped a bomb on a building, the healers would emerge to heal that building. That would be logical, at least.
100 percent sure on this

culdeus said:
Harry Manback said:

you can come join Acer. He's made the same choice more or less. He still wars every once and awhile and hates it the whole time. It's a funny subplot.
It really is. "Fine, I'll war with you." "What stupid base should I hit now?" "You jerk #45, I was going to hit #50 even though I'm ranked #9"

It's really good stuff!

Dont quit Manback. If being good at attacking was a requirement then I should've been kicked out a long time ago.

Maybe you can hold back your two attacks until the tail end of wars and play cleanup? Sometimes it's nice having someone that can guarantee 3*on a th8 and let our talented TH9's get 2*-3* on a TH9, or 1* on a TH10.
I kinda think we're pushing too many of our attacks to the last 90 minutes as it is. Also, Manback is a 10.

culdeus said:
Harry Manback said:

It really is. "Fine, I'll war with you." "What stupid base should I hit now?" "You jerk #45, I was going to hit #50 even though I'm ranked #9"

It's really good stuff!
:finger:

culdeus said:
Harry Manback said:

It's really good stuff!
Other funny subplots:

-let's see how close ron gets to x+5

-Craig showing up with 30 minutes to go and trying to find a pot.

-how many defenses can yoga get

Harry Manback said:

Not sure how closely you're paying attention, but our TH10 performance is shaky at best. I noticed that you usually start off attacking another TH10. Don't feel like you need to do that - totally fine to drop down lower and knock out a TH9. Unless we're at a TH10 disadvantage that's what I normally (try) to do.

Of course take a break if you want, but no need to leave the clan for that. But also don't think that people are like grumbling at your performance. They may be, but if so, they're grumbling out all of the TH10's performances, lol. We had a bad day last war, not a big deal. What's important is that Bucky keep hanging 90+% one stars on his first attack, and then saying "Tango down" when he clears a TH8 on his second.

In general, how conservative should people be making on their first attack? 90% chance of 3*s? 75%? 50% What's a good hit rate for the first one?

In general, how conservative should people be making on their first attack? 90% chance of 3*s? 75%? 50% What's a good hit rate for the first one?
To expand on the chat, if you're throwing dragons at a TH8 with max AD, you're throwing away an attack as the odds of 3 stars are minimal vs a mildly competent base. If you attacking a TH8 with 3 L5 AD and not succeeding, you're attacking the right base, just not executing. It happens, there is nothing wrong with that and learn what went wrong for the next one. And dragons ####### suck.

Depends on how high your top bases are.

For reference, in Honda, we have one to three TH10s for each war and 10-13 TH9s. That leaves 20-25 TH8s and lower. Obviously, our opponents are of similar makeup.

We expect any first attack on a low-level TH9 or lower to be a 3-star attempt. This means you go in expecting to get three. Anything less is a fail and will require another attack.

We expect first attacks on mid-level or higher TH9s to be 2- or 3-star attempts depending on the level of the attacker. If a TH10 is coming down, it should be a 3-star. If it's a lower TH9 attacking, going for a 2-star is fine. However, it is sometimes better for this attacker to use his attempts to clean up the TH8s or lower.

We expect first attacks on TH10s to be either 1- or 2-star attempts based on the level of the attacker and of the base being attacked.

So, to answer your question, if you are making a 3-star attempt, it should be against a base that you will 3-star 100% of the time unless weird things happen - king takes a walk around the base - which should be avoidable as skill increases but things happen sometimes, wall breakers split up, spells are fat fingered on the grass, etc.

Our first-attack 3-star attempts aren't based on the idea of "I will get this if everything goes right" but "I will get this unless something really weird happens."

To expand on the chat, if you're throwing dragons at a TH8 with max AD, you're throwing away an attack as the odds of 3 stars are minimal vs a mildly competent base. If you attacking a TH8 with 3 L5 AD and not succeeding, you're attacking the right base, just not executing. It happens, there is nothing wrong with that and learn what went wrong for the next one. And dragons ####### suck.
Excellent example of being a 3-star attacker.

Being a 3-star attacker doesn't necessarily mean you are getting three stars in your attack. It means you are attacking with an army capable of getting three stars.

Harry Manback said:

Not sure how closely you're paying attention, but our TH10 performance is shaky at best. I noticed that you usually start off attacking another TH10. Don't feel like you need to do that - totally fine to drop down lower and knock out a TH9. Unless we're at a TH10 disadvantage that's what I normally (try) to do.

Of course take a break if you want, but no need to leave the clan for that. But also don't think that people are like grumbling at your performance. They may be, but if so, they're grumbling out all of the TH10's performances, lol. We had a bad day last war, not a big deal. What's important is that Bucky keep hanging 90+% one stars on his first attack, and then saying "Tango down" when he clears a TH8 on his second.
So...our TH10's not performing well against TH10's, yet let's blame Bucky on a 90+% 1* which is more so getting unlucky with a few randomly placed GB's outside the walls and not a complete whiff by someone else. Got it.
I was kidding. But also yes.

Harry Manback said:

lol - sorry buck but that was :lmao:

and im just as guilty - i do make up for it by being a bad ### donator to make them notice my sucking less :)

Dont quit Manback. If being good at attacking was a requirement then I should've been kicked out a long time ago.

Maybe you can hold back your two attacks until the tail end of wars and play cleanup? Sometimes it's nice having someone that can guarantee 3*on a th8 and let our talented TH9's get 2*-3* on a TH9, or 1* on a TH10.
This...I'm open to.

I can always make Merse war for me every now and then too

Harry Manback said:

So, I didn't want to bring this up...

But since I've joined we've done 5 wars. I've participated in 3.

We lost all 3, and won the 2 I wasn't in...ya.

What the strategy behind pointing airsweepers toward the center of the base? Seems counter productive no?
I don't want mine exposed enough to take it out easily. If someone wants to attack straight into it, I'll be happy and it's definitely wrecked some attacks. But mostly I use it (along with other stuff) to try and encourage people to attack from "behind" it -- and the rest of my defense is set up to discourage a hog attempt and to defend against dragons from that side.

But I will persist. Just wanted you to be aware that I was aware that I suck.
Nobody in Quattro (or in Honda or FBGs for that matter) gets angry about people sucking. Everyone has sucked or will suck at certain stages in the game. As long as you're putting in your attacks and making reasonable attempts, everyone is good. The only thing that seems to annoy anyone here (again, speaking for all three clans I think) is either not attacking, or doing stupid attacks - like trying to dragon rush a TH9 when three stars are needed or something like that.

You're fine, don't worry about it.

Harry Manback said:

So...our TH10's not performing well against TH10's, yet let's blame Bucky on a 90+% 1* which is more so getting unlucky with a few randomly placed GB's outside the walls and not a complete whiff by someone else. Got it.
I was kidding. But also yes.
I'm just going to start throwing wacky attacks out there. At least they might look entertaining.
Honestly, I don't watch a lot of other people's attacks, but the ones I've seen of yours are fine, you just run out of time. I commented on one of yours recently because I saw that you used two separate forces to neutralize the CC and the hero. This is not an efficient use of roster space or time, and I think that's where your problem may lie if this is how you normally approach it. I think I saw Czar do this as well recently and commented in chat about that too. Using a kill squad (+ troops to lure) to kill the CC and then a golem/wiz detachment just to take out a hero is extremely inefficient IMO.

Using a kill squad and a gol/wiz attachment to take out the AQ is what I've been doing with my hog attacks on mid level TH9's of late. Been working fairly well too.

What would you recommend as a AQ killer?

Using a kill squad and a gol/wiz attachment to take out the AQ is what I've been doing with my hog attacks on mid level TH9's of late. Been working fairly well too.

What would you recommend as a AQ killer?
I attack her head on with golem's absorbing fire...when wizards/witches get in range...rage

Speaking of CC's - what's the current thinking on the makeup of a War CC?

Been asking for any combo of Wiz and archers,

Speaking of CC's - what's the current thinking on the makeup of a War CC?

Been asking for any combo of Wiz and archers,
Keeping people guessing has value

I think a mixed selection of

Witch 4xWiz Arch (For compartmenty bases)

Skull 4xWiz Arch (For spread out bases)

All Arch (For bases where you see people try to lure)

Drag 2wiz 2arch (For bases with weak anti air, primarily)

Users who are viewing this thread