What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

But I will persist. Just wanted you to be aware that I was aware that I suck.
Nobody in Quattro (or in Honda or FBGs for that matter) gets angry about people sucking. Everyone has sucked or will suck at certain stages in the game. As long as you're putting in your attacks and making reasonable attempts, everyone is good. The only thing that seems to annoy anyone here (again, speaking for all three clans I think) is either not attacking, or doing stupid attacks - like trying to dragon rush a TH9 when three stars are needed or something like that.

You're fine, don't worry about it.
Not sure what you are talking about. I get REALLY pissed when I suck

I think the general low level of opponent we are seeing is leading to a little sloppiness. That, and we are pushing heroes hardcore.

Need to come up with some one hero gameplans. The +5 system isn't exactly 1 hero friendly. Need to think this through if it's worth sort of saying

+10 - 1 hero

+5 - 2 heroes

Cleanup only or double pot - 0 heroes

With the 1 hero guy having right of first refusal. Yes, it will take a little bit of coordination with another individual and will lead to a few trainwrecks and :rant: , but it should be worth it.

You want sloppy? You should Quattro's opponent.

Vs a TH7, a guy rolls out 2x Golem, 5x L5Wiz and 7x L3Drags... and only gets 2 stars. They have 21 on 15 attacks so far and only 4 of those attacks have been TH9 or higher.

Vs a TH7, a guy rolls out 2x Golem, 5x L5Wiz and 7x L3Drags... and only gets 2 stars. They have 21 on 15 attacks so far and only 4 of those attacks have been TH9 or higher.
Well I think the last few wars our opponents have taken on average about 11 attacks to get 3 stars on shuke/yoga. One opponent managed to 3 star NEITHER shuke or yoga. Typical 3 star count for the opponents have been in the 6-7 ballpark and of those at most 2 TH9 3 stars.

It sort of colors the effort level required in terms of base preparation and strategy, and also leads to people trying wild ### stuff that is a little out of comfort zone.

Currently we are up 70-62 and the other clan is probably about done more or less with 7 3 stars total. They probably top out at best around 72.

Well I think the last few wars our opponents have taken on average about 11 attacks to get 3 stars on shuke/yoga. One opponent managed to 3 star NEITHER shuke or yoga. Typical 3 star count for the opponents have been in the 6-7 ballpark and of those at most 2 TH9 3 stars.

It sort of colors the effort level required in terms of base preparation and strategy, and also leads to people trying wild ### stuff that is a little out of comfort zone.

Currently we are up 70-62 and the other clan is probably about done more or less with 7 3 stars total. They probably top out at best around 72.
These guys can't even 3* a TH7. They have 2 3* attacks so far. One vs a TH4 and one was a TH9 hitting a very low TH8. By far the worst display we've ever seen.

I'm thinking of sending in 200 goblins and 10wbs to see if I can get a better result than some of their attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to circle back to the idea that the death of xmod has really caused a talent (if you want to call it that) drain across war clans. I can't really come up with a rational explanation as to why things got so easy so fast, and it's not like we are setting the world on fire or anything.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
Need to come up with some one hero gameplans.
Pick a base you can 3-star. Then try to 3-star it.
I am meaning viable gameplans as in types of raids. Certain raid comps that work with 2 heros aren't super effective with 1. 1 hero gameplans can get shut down with certain CC if you do our typical no-lure approach.

smack

tweaks to your clover

-Pickup the farter

-Pickup 1 archer in the core

-on the 7 oclock side and the 4 oclock side put a cannon in the outer ring in front of, but such that loons would track away from AA

-Put 4 storages in the container in front of the queen and move out all the collectors somewhere else

-concentrate small bombs and traps in front of queen to stop wbs as much as is practical, sadly your base is like 2 tiles too far to the right to really do this right, but small concern.

-Farter goes in the core pointed south all black bombs doubled up on the 4 and 7 AA with one black bomb on the 10 aa. All red bombs in core as spread out as practical.

-Archer towers from core fill in on the 7 and 4 sides - use the core AT and one more you pickup somewhere else. in general, north is cannon heavy and south is archer heavy.

-One of your infernos is set to single, bad idea for L3

-Ground skeletons closer to where they guard the queen

-Spring traps between defenses not resources, or where you anticipate wbs.

rest is good, just making changes that I've seen give us the most fits. already shut down an opposing 1 to 0 stars.

culdeus said:
I'm starting to circle back to the idea that the death of xmod has really caused a talent (if you want to call it that) drain across war clans. I can't really come up with a rational explanation as to why things got so easy so fast, and it's not like we are setting the world on fire or anything.
Except xmod is basically back from what I have seen

culdeus said:
Except xmod is basically back from what I have seen
Capabilities are pretty low as far as I can tell. Nothing like it once was. It's only good on 2nd attacks basically and if you have to burn an attack on a base just to scout it and send in another attack with a mod, then well that's not gonna get the job done most of the time. I mean on a scouting run even a complete botched one you can usually tell everything you need to know to 3 star a TH9.

smack

tweaks to your clover

-Pickup the farter

-on the 7 oclock side and the 4 oclock side put a cannon in the outer ring in front of, but such that loons would track away from AA

-Put 4 storages in the container in front of the queen and move out all the collectors somewhere else

-concentrate small bombs and traps in front of queen to stop wbs as much as is practical, sadly your base is like 2 tiles too far to the right to really do this right, but small concern.

-Farter goes in the core pointed south all black bombs doubled up on the 4 and 7 AA with one black bomb on the 10 aa. All red bombs in core as spread out as practical.

-Archer towers from core fill in on the 7 and 4 sides - use the core AT and one more you pickup somewhere else. in general, north is cannon heavy and south is archer heavy.

rest is good, just making changes that I've seen give us the most fits. already shut down an opposing 1 to 0 stars.
Thank you Culd.

Used most of your suggestions - it will debut next war.

One thing I disagree with is the single Inferno suggestion. I'm seeing a ton (75% or 2/3rds) of 3-5 Golem attacks with 1-2 Pekkas. VERY popular is Champs right now - also seeing it more and more in Clan Wars now too. That max single inferno destroys them in seconds.Like having one on singe and the other on multi.

Appreciate you taking the time to make suggestions

smack

tweaks to your clover

-Pickup the farter

Thank you Culd.

One thing I disagree with is the single Inferno suggestion. I'm seeing a ton (75% or 2/3rds) of 3-5 Golem attacks with 1-2 Pekkas. VERY popular is Champs right now - also seeing it more and more in Clan Wars now too. That max single inferno destroys them in seconds.Like having one on singe and the other on multi.

oh, i just figured it was an oversight. You could make yourself vulnerable to a snipe or a lucky 2 star though if someone comes in that way with a #### ton of loons. Queen is not there to help.

Lets see how it plays out though.

... I'm seeing a ton (75% or 2/3rds) of 3-5 Golem attacks with 1-2 Pekkas. VERY popular is Champs right now ..
I used to think the conventional wisdom was that an exposed TH was a bad idea in Champs. That folks in champs would hit you anyway, in some cases be even more so inclined (because there's no risk of losing trophies if you hand them your TH).

After getting beat up for a couple days I noticed that nearly everyone in my revenge list had an active shield. Hey, these folks all had exposed TH!

Since I put my TH back out, I've been floating in champs with decent loot (max DE at least) and have gotten free shields 34 out of the last 35 times I logged off.

My point is that one doesn't face attacks in Champs any more than they did in Master's really, the exposed TH is still very effective. I think the only reason to protect the TH is if you are pushing even beyond 3200 trophies.

smack

tweaks to your clover

-Pickup the farter

Thank you Culd.

oh, i just figured it was an oversight. You could make yourself vulnerable to a snipe or a lucky 2 star though if someone comes in that way with a #### ton of loons. Queen is not there to help.

Lets see how it plays out though.
Yeah I get really nervous as someone who usually goes in with 3-5 golems when I see a single target inferno. I'll usually pack an extra freeze in that scenario to interrupt the inferno as it charges up on a single target. But they've already thrown me off my usual game just by making me mix up my spells at that point.

Have been seeing quite a few of these bases (TH9 versions) when raiding and one in our current war. What is the best way to attack?
looks hoggy to me. where would gb be for an actual war base? Do you have a screen of a war base, that one is farm base.

I'd also assume cc isn't that easy to lure, right?

I guess they'd pull the de drill for gb spots?

bust into one of the corners nearest queen/cc jump a couple golems and heros over the little square into the core and send in the hogs on the two corners flanking after dropping a giant to tank the corner towers. heal on the obvious gb spots and carry on trashing the base.

Have been seeing quite a few of these bases (TH9 versions) when raiding and one in our current war. What is the best way to attack?
looks hoggy to me. where would gb be for an actual war base? Do you have a screen of a war base, that one is farm base.

I'd also assume cc isn't that easy to lure, right?

I guess they'd pull the de drill for gb spots?

bust into one of the corners nearest queen/cc jump a couple golems and heros over the little square into the core and send in the hogs on the two corners flanking after dropping a giant to tank the corner towers. heal on the obvious gb spots and carry on trashing the base.
Here is the one from our current war. Lots out there with the same wall setup and minor defense variations.

How do you war attack?

How do you raid (assuming giants/barch)?

That's a popular Internet base. I'm guessing gadi's website has some 3 star plans
But that involves searching through a ton of videos unless I'm missing a place to easily find it.
This is the page for beating popular Internet bases. I haven't looked for that particular one.

That's a popular Internet base. I'm guessing gadi's website has some 3 star plans
But that involves searching through a ton of videos unless I'm missing a place to easily find it.
This is the page for beating popular Internet bases. I haven't looked for that particular one.
I can't see how 1 golem jumping into the queen backed with some stuff that kills things doesn't get the AQ/CC/AA dead, then 3-4 hounds depending on the aa level and some loons spread out in a somewhat smart manner doesn't get 3.

I still stand by for the moment

Can I get AQ/BK/CC - Hogs

Can I get AQ/CC/AA - Air

I know this isn't the first time that site was mentioned, but thanks for linking. I know now that the bases I keep seeing over and over and over again are "Chief Pat's base" and "CF TH10" (the latter being what has been called 'clover' here). Of course the 3-star methods emply max heroes, but still a big help nonetheless...

I know this isn't the first time that site was mentioned, but thanks for linking. I know now that the bases I keep seeing over and over and over again are "Chief Pat's base" and "CF TH10" (the latter being what has been called 'clover' here). Of course the 3-star methods emply max heroes, but still a big help nonetheless...
The CF 10 he has in there is a little different than the clover Culd posted an image of yesterday. The attack he shows takes advantage of no defenses outside of the ADs, while the one Culd posted does have defenses in those outer compartments.

He mentions mass witches against that base. I've tried it against those kind of bases twice and both times my witches split with some going along the outside. This left me without enough skeletons being produced in the core and the attacks were flops.

The CF 10 he has in there is a little different than the clover Culd posted an image of yesterday. The attack he shows takes advantage of no defenses outside of the ADs, while the one Culd posted does have defenses in those outer compartments.
Yeah, the ones I have been seeing usually have a single cannon in each outer compartment. Which is plenty to entirely screw up loon pathing (they clump). I usually next right past them.

Simple answer. Everyone gem heroes to 40.
Had to do the math---To gem just the build time, I need 41,000 gems.

To buy the de, I need 2,835,000 de for AQ. 2,805,000 de for BK. 5,640,000 total de.

100k Elixer = 3,000 gems. 169,200 gems.

210,000 gems total @ $100/14,000.

$1,500 and I'm there.

AcerFC said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
What is the percentage of time this works in your clan. Not intended to be an argument. Genuinely interested
Two wars ago, 18 of our first 25 attacks were 3-star attacks.

Last war, 17 of our first 25 attacks were 3-star attacks.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
I am meaning viable gameplans as in types of raids. Certain raid comps that work with 2 heros aren't super effective with 1. 1 hero gameplans can get shut down with certain CC if you do our typical no-lure approach.
Don't do your typical no-lure approach. Hogs and GoWiWi with TH10-level troops can be viable against TH9s.

AcerFC said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
What is the percentage of time this works in your clan. Not intended to be an argument. Genuinely interested

What's it look like without TH8s.

AcerFC said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:

In our last war, on our first attacks against their 13 TH10s and TH9s, we got the following:

5 3-stars

2 2-stars

5 1-stars

1 0-star

By war's end, we had the following:

9 3-stars

2 2-stars

2 1-stars

The details from the war before last are gone.

culdeus said:
It's not a talent drain -- so many were cheating.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
Don't do your typical no-lure approach. Hogs and GoWiWi with TH10-level troops can be viable against TH9s.
CG going to send you a PM, related to nothing here...........fyi

AcerFC said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:

In our last war, on our first attacks against their 13 TH10s and TH9s, we got the following:

5 3-stars

2 2-stars

5 1-stars

1 0-star

9 3-stars

2 2-stars

2 1-stars

That's solid and within about the 50% success rate on 1st attacks to typically easily win most wars barring a severe overmatch.

culdeus said:
AcerFC said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:

5 3-stars

2 2-stars

5 1-stars

1 0-star

9 3-stars

2 2-stars

2 1-stars

That's solid and within about the 50% success rate on 1st attacks to typically easily win most wars barring a severe overmatch.
In this war, on our first attacks against their 16 TH10s and TH9s, we got the following:

4 3-stars
7 2-stars
5 1-stars
0 0-stars

8 3-stars
7 2-stars
1 1-star
0 0-stars

Many of us shot a little high with our first attacks. Happened with the TH8s as well.

culdeus said:
AcerFC said:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:

5 3-stars

2 2-stars

5 1-stars

1 0-star

9 3-stars

2 2-stars

2 1-stars

In this war, on our first attacks against their 16 TH10s and TH9s, we got the following:

4 3-stars

7 2-stars

5 1-stars

0 0-stars

8 3-stars

7 2-stars

1 1-star

0 0-stars

Many of us shot a little high with our first attacks. Happened with the TH8s as well.
Or were just stupid mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread