What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (1 Viewer)

One of the more satisfying wins I've been a part of got FBGs. Seemed a tad overmatched and still won.

Very nice job to all
Definitely overmatched at the top. Lots of level 40 heroes. Big win.
And they wasted a lot of high attacks while leaving stars hanging on weak 9s and a stud 8.
Yep.

Just plain good all around. I saw they were a level 7 clan and started to pack it in, but late in the day people were just clutch all day.

Awesome job.

ETA: I actually think sandbagging a bit and not going HAM until late in the war helped us. They probably figured they'd roll us....

And then...it just kept coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy about my 12 out of 12 stars for this current war in Honda... Came close to messing up my second attack and it came down to the wire, but the other three worked out quite well! Yea! Happy about that.

That SMN (Yoga Pants) snipe job on their #2 in the FBG war was one of the best attacks I've ever seen and easily the best snipe job ever. Don't know how to post videos here so maybe someone can post it. It was a low TH9 (BK/AQ < 10) sniping a fully maxed out TH10 including max walls and heroes. The snipe job was a straight lavaloonion and the precision was flawless. Every step in the attack was creative and executed perfectly. The spell placement and dismantling of the 2 ADs at 12:00 was just unbelievable. If I was in the opponent's shoes I would've thought for sure it was a modded attack. Hell...the heroes were only used for cleanup and the base would've been 1 starred without them. Sick, sick raid. Hall of Fame worthy. Someone has to post it.

That SMN (Yoga Pants) snipe job on their #2 in the FBG war was one of the best attacks I've ever seen and easily the best snipe job ever. Don't know how to post videos here so maybe someone can post it. It was a low TH9 (BK/AQ < 10) sniping a fully maxed out TH10 including max walls and heroes. The snipe job was a straight lavaloonion and the precision was flawless. Every step in the attack was creative and executed perfectly. The spell placement and dismantling of the 2 ADs at 12:00 was just unbelievable. If I was in the opponent's shoes I would've thought for sure it was a modded attack. Hell...the heroes were only used for cleanup and the base would've been 1 starred without them. Sick, sick raid. Hall of Fame worthy. Someone has to post it.
:goodposting: Those baby blue minions!

I'll see if I can grab it. Changing phones today so should getting it up later

For those counting at home they had 25 th10 23th9 2th8 and we pulled 29 3*.

Wish I had the post update raids too.

Here's Yoga Pants snipe on the #2, a max TH10, from the latest war.

https://youtu.be/oY0uh6BWwcs

In my opinion, the key to this snipe was releasing the first 2 hounds from the south so they attract any/all of the SAMs and Air Bombs. That helped keep the loons alive long enough to take out defensive structures so he could bring in clean up troops to get the 50% 1 star.

Absolutely surgical. Great job Yoga Pants/Shoot_Me_Now!

Here's Yoga Pants snipe on the #2, a max TH10, from the latest war.

https://youtu.be/oY0uh6BWwcs

In my opinion, the key to this snipe was releasing the first 2 hounds from the south so they attract any/all of the SAMs and Air Bombs. That helped keep the loons alive long enough to take out defensive structures so he could bring in clean up troops to get the 50% 1 star.

Absolutely surgical. Great job Yoga Pants/Shoot_Me_Now!
Damn...that is nice

Hey guys, hoping you might help me to suck less in my upcoming war. Attached is the base I'm assigned to, and I'd appreciate any gameplan notes you might be able to provide.

My troops are max TH9 except: Valks and witches which are still at level 1. My heal, rage, lightning are all max, haste is level 2. Jump/Poison/Quake all 1.

The base: http://postimg.org/image/qoxq4vrbj/

I haven't seen a base like that before, so thought I'd ask for help. Thanks.

Hey guys, hoping you might help me to suck less in my upcoming war. Attached is the base I'm assigned to, and I'd appreciate any gameplan notes you might be able to provide.

My troops are max TH9 except: Valks and witches which are still at level 1. My heal, rage, lightning are all max, haste is level 2. Jump/Poison/Quake all 1.

Level of heroes?

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

Level of heroes?
10 / 10
I'd probably hog it.Go in from 12 with CC golem, heroes, 7-8 Wiz and a couple WBs. Clear out that compartment, the AQ and the CC (poison). Then go with a single line of hogs at the mortar/AD at 10. They should stay in one big pack and circle the entire base counter clockwise. There will be a single big bomb in each of the corner compartments so you'll want to be prepared to heal there.

You could also take 3 furs. Drop one at the corner as your hogs approach to draw the fire. You can either take a 4th heal to use wherever or a rage to use for your heroes/Wiz.

Eta. Would be easy to trigger the bomb in the 6 compartment with a single hog.

Not an easy hog but doable.

Level of heroes?
10 / 10
I'd probably hog it.Go in from 12 with CC golem, heroes, 7-8 Wiz and a couple WBs. Clear out that compartment, the AQ and the CC (poison). Then go with a single line of hogs at the mortar/AD at 10. They should stay in one big pack and circle the entire base counter clockwise. There will be a single big bomb in each of the corner compartments so you'll want to be prepared to heal there.

You could also take 3 furs. Drop one at the corner as your hogs approach to draw the fire. You can either take a 4th heal to use wherever or a rage to use for your heroes/Wiz.

Cool, thanks. I'm the only one in my friends and family clan that even has a shot at this guy.

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

Cool, thanks. I'm the only one in my friends and family clan that even has a shot at this guy.
If you can wait and find out what is in the CC, that would be a pretty big help.

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

If you can wait and find out what is in the CC, that would be a pretty big help.
We see this base all the time. Everyone makes the same mistake. This is a 2 jump base with hogs. I think hogs are fine if you bring 3 golems and are smart about heals. The 2 jumps are critical though and that's damn near impossible to talk people into 2 jumps so I've basically resigned to just watching that base go as a 2 star.

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

We've been facing nothing but dragons in CC's lately. This dude has a 30 space CC and the other TH9's have L4 drags and can't make hounds, so I'm guessing dragon / Wiz + Archer combo

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

We see this base all the time. Everyone makes the same mistake. This is a 2 jump base with hogs. I think hogs are fine if you bring 3 golems and are smart about heals. The 2 jumps are critical though and that's damn near impossible to talk people into 2 jumps so I've basically resigned to just watching that base go as a 2 star.
Think I'm 2 for 3 on this base with the plan I laid out. :shrug:

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

Walk me through it, but remember, I have lower heroes

Level of heroes?
10 / 10

Walk me through it, but remember, I have lower heroes
It's an Internet base. I think I remember where I saw the same approach. The main way people blow this base is not setting a funnel and heroes walk which let's the queen live and she torches everything

I'm uploading our two 3 stars on this base. Both had useless cc for air so they were just screen licks. A drag would reck this.

A #### ton of big wars this weekend. Asia vs. the World tournament continues. One Hive vs. North Remembers. and The Red Line vs. Thin Red Line.

So why do we give in to farm clans? They screw us out of an actual war and we just give them what they want?
is this shtick
No.
Farm wars give us a breather and free loot and makes it less penalizing to sleep heroes. There's also something magical about the late Saturday start. I think a gigantic number of serious clans start at like 5pm on Friday. and have their big war satpm/sunday. This leaves us in farm zone.

It is much more common to get them in the 40+ clan size.

Even if we didn't give in I don't think they'd actually fight, just make it expensive to get the XP, really only once did we hit some asian clan that got mad at us and changed some bases, but ultimately didn't even try either.

I'm not totally sure what SC can actually do here to change the situation. Taking away storage loot would help alot. Making loot some fixed % of stars to get or you get nothing would also help, but nothing can really shut it down all the way.

So why do we give in to farm clans? They screw us out of an actual war and we just give them what they want?
is this shtick
No.
ok, not sure I understand. You don't like free loot. Dont pot. Find two bases and take them down for 6. It's not like they will show up if we say, no we won't put th out on 2 @ 3. They will just not attack at all.
I don't war for the loot but I'll take the pots :shrug:

So tough for them then, right? If they want to roll over that's on them. Why we give them handouts for screwing us out of a war doesn't make sense to me.

is this shtick
No.
ok, not sure I understand. You don't like free loot. Dont pot. Find two bases and take them down for 6. It's not like they will show up if we say, no we won't put th out on 2 @ 3. They will just not attack at all.

So tough for them then, right? If they want to roll over that's on them. Why we give them handouts for screwing us out of a war doesn't make sense to me.
These clans pride on not getting wins, but they can certainly make it expensive on you. There are a lot of people out there that genuinely hate wars and want the miniscule loot that comes with farm wars, why? I have no idea. I'll pickup more in one champs bonus than they will in wasting 48 hours of our time.

is this shtick
No.
I don't war for the loot but I'll take the pots :shrug: So tough for them then, right? If they want to roll over that's on them. Why we give them handouts for screwing us out of a war doesn't make sense to me.
It's nothing out of either team's "pockets". Nobody actually loses loot in a war except what you spend on an army. By putting out our TH, we are saying "Here, take 30% of Supercell's loot", while we get 100%. And we get the xp. And we get a breather to work on heroes to make us better for the next war. Yes, does it take the fun out of warring for 24 hours? Absolutely. But these farm wars are a nice break, IMO.To each his own, though.

Depending on who you listen to on the SC forums somewhere between 25-50% of 50/50 matchups are farmwars.

At least the 9011 network tries to all matchmake at the same time. There are over 100 of those clans.

is this shtick
No.
I don't war for the loot but I'll take the pots :shrug: So tough for them then, right? If they want to roll over that's on them. Why we give them handouts for screwing us out of a war doesn't make sense to me.
This was the position of some of our top guys for a while, but I think we've just gone soft on farmers over time. No sense in discouraging the behavior, I guess.

is this shtick
No.
It's nothing out of either team's "pockets". Nobody actually loses loot in a war except what you spend on an army. By putting out our TH, we are saying "Here, take 30% of Supercell's loot", while we get 100%. And we get the xp. And we get a breather to work on heroes to make us better for the next war. Yes, does it take the fun out of warring for 24 hours? Absolutely. But these farm wars are a nice break, IMO.To each his own, though.
Yes, I know it is nothing out our pockets. We are just rewarding them for taking a war away from us. Why? And if people want a break, opt out or take a breather in another clan for a couple days or drop down to 2 wars a week :shrug:

is this shtick
No.

These clans pride on not getting wins, but they can certainly make it expensive on you. There are a lot of people out there that genuinely hate wars and want the miniscule loot that comes with farm wars, why? I have no idea. I'll pickup more in one champs bonus than they will in wasting 48 hours of our time.
They can't make it anymore expensive than a regular war.

So again, why do we give them what they want for wasting our time?

I'm not totally sure what SC can actually do here to change the situation. Taking away storage loot would help alot. Making loot some fixed % of stars to get or you get nothing would also help, but nothing can really shut it down all the way.
Simple, just give out loot for winning and losers get a refund of resources spent during war or nothing at all.

This is dumb. They aren't taking anything away from us. It's not like we have a limited number of wars.

As far as I'm concerned, they're not wasting my time at all. I would way rather have 2 wars a week. Without the farm wars, I'd get burnt out inside of a month. This way I get a nice few hundred k of loot and like 5k DE for no cost. Plus we get war xp, stars towards the achievement, etc.

Clayton Gray said:
Black Box said:
At least one spot open in FBGS, next war search is Sat at 5EST ish. Maybe 2 spots.
Hold it for BlackBox imo
Will do. BB- let me know what to drop trophy level to.
Sorry, leaving for vacation tomorrow before my triumphant return to blowing gowipes for one star :thumbup:
Do the gowipes enjoy that?
Is there anyone alive that doesn't enjoy that?

Users who are viewing this thread