What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I don't believe that it's been formally stated but the policy for all 4 FBGs clans is an immediate kick of any player that's caught cheating right?

We are a 100% clean group.

=Smackdown= said:
2. Why are all the bombs visible before an attack begins?
Cheating.
Guess I've never noticed but replays of attacks show everything that was hidden.
Not like this
So why is everyting visable (big & little bombs, tesla, etc) before the attack starts?
It's not an attack its a replay. The new mod lets you see traps and bombs on replays after the base has been hit once
Between your awareness of new mod updates, and your repeated denials of its obvious benefits, you are starting to look suspicious... :tinfoilhat:
I'm fine benefitting from knowing the trap locations in a youtube video. Seems harmless. It is interesting nobody else picked up on that for like a day.

I don't believe that it's been formally stated but the policy for all 4 FBGs clans is an immediate kick of any player that's caught cheating right?

I'm not even sure how you could catch someone. Like I said if I can't find fishy attacks in 2 or 3 months of the new mod being out from all the asia clans we've seen I'm not sure how I could find one in us. Short of posting some screenshot or video that outs you there isn't anything that flags it. Anyways we have hardly any hog guys anyways and hogs are the main people I always go back and take a microscope to.

most of our wars in the last few months have seemed very clean. we have rolled over high win clans (old modders) with ease. it has given us an edge over the competition

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun Fact: A clan that never dropped below a 40 person war that never stopped warring could have hit level 6 this weekend without winning a single war.

First time offenders get sent to one of our minor league clans to rehab.

I'm not even sure how you could catch someone. Like I said if I can't find fishy attacks in 2 or 3 months of the new mod being out from all the asia clans we've seen I'm not sure how I could find one in us. Short of posting some screenshot or video that outs you there isn't anything that flags it. Anyways we have hardly any hog guys anyways and hogs are the main people I always go back and take a microscope to.
If you wanted to conceal it, you would throw in some intentional gaffes. One could deduce you were aided by xmod if you often got 6 war stars and rarely made any errors.

Thinking about it, it's hard to imagine that none of the ~100 individuals in the FBG clans have used it.

most of our wars in the last few months have seemed very clean. we have rolled over high win clans (old modders) with ease. it has given us an edge over the competition
Our main edge, and likely always will be our main edge is we typically take out the high th9 bases with overpowered TH10 attacks. Not some huge secret, and that doesn't require really just epic skill or any mods at all. Also basically encouraging people to try and fail on 3 star raids rather than settle for 2 star raids helps. Even if they don't hit as much as they used to. We ain't running any of this new pro walking stuff yet or hitting max bases for 3, but might soon. We have a few guys gonna get max queen soon. VA should be our first 40/40. Jason probably 2nd.

I wouldn't know how to catch them either. But I'm just saying we (ie leaders/co-leaders/elders) should be united and officially against any type of modding and cheating, even for non-war farming raids or whatever.

Punishment is insta-perma-kick/ban from all FBG clans. Since there's no way to plead ignorance on our stance on the issue at this point. Send a clan mail out so there's no uncertainty.

I don't believe in second chances. If you're reading this and have anything other than official supercell stuff on your device, now's the time to uninstall it.

If you wanted to conceal it, you would throw in some intentional gaffes. One could deduce you were aided by xmod if you often got 6 war stars and rarely made any errors.

Thinking about it, it's hard to imagine that none of the ~100 individuals in the FBG clans have used it.
I'm not following. You understand right that no mod that anyone has actually drops troops for you right? I'm just not sure what your angle is here. You can blow a raid if you mod just as easily as not. The main benefit you have is on cleanup attacks you can know precisely where the traps are, and you can run demo raids which I contend aren't nearly as useful as you think they are evidence to this is just the lack of people that are actually good existing in our wars. you would think practice at some point would help them be good.

How would intentionally blowing a raid prove anything exactly? We saw tons of modders blow raids on us that I was sure were modding. The main tell is how they deploy to miss springs and DGB, and the easy ones to spot know exactly how to pop exposed gb.

As much chatter as there was on the twitch channels there was nothing that talked about a script bot being out there. There are farming bots out there, but programming a war bot seems way above the level of a person at this point.

That's what I've been doing...for the last 4 months. I'm concealing my ability to cheat, yea that's it!

Here's my main contention, it's not worth getting into to what extent people mod and at what levels

• Prior to the "attack button" update people modded alot. We would see at least a handful of people a war and often times entire clans of modded hoggers coming to eat our lunch. At our level the usage I would estimate as high as 25%.
  • As soon as the button update dropped people dramatically, and quickly, got a lot worse and we rolled off a ton of wins in a row none of them close. My contention is most people using mods before just either A) Quit or B) went to gowoppy style raids.
  • Now, success in wars is more closely tied to organization, hero levels and status, and experience. Mods have been neutralized to the point where they are virtually, but not entirely useless.
I don't think any of us mod, at least in fbgs, and I don't think our opponents mod either really. I still contend that mods benefit hogs the most anyways and being clean we moved away from hogs towards primarily air raids very early because we got more success with those playing clean than hogs playing clean.

I don't think SC can do much more other than enforce some sort of captcha, maybe not pass the traps to the client side would help on replays, not sure. I do think this is as good as it will get for clean players. the reddit consensus is this is the war mod situation that will exist till the sun burns out.

I'm not following. You understand right that no mod that anyone has actually drops troops for you right? I'm just not sure what your angle is here. You can blow a raid if you mod just as easily as not. The main benefit you have is on cleanup attacks you can know precisely where the traps are, and you can run demo raids which I contend aren't nearly as useful as you think they are evidence to this is just the lack of people that are actually good existing in our wars. you would think practice at some point would help them be good.

How would intentionally blowing a raid prove anything exactly? We saw tons of modders blow raids on us that I was sure were modding. The main tell is how they deploy to miss springs and DGB, and the easy ones to spot know exactly how to pop exposed gb.

As much chatter as there was on the twitch channels there was nothing that talked about a script bot being out there. There are farming bots out there, but programming a war bot seems way above the level of a person at this point.
Not sure how to explain it to you since you don't see the value in practice runs. We went around with this several pages back. Most of us believe that the ability to execute countless practice runs on your target (even if you haven't yet scouted for traps) gives a great advantage over someone going in completely dry.

The example I gave you last time was two football teams given a new playbook. Only one gets a practice field and unlimited time to use it. The other is given no opportunity to practice their new plays before gametime. Obviously the former would fare much better. That's team xmod.

Here's my main contention, it's not worth getting into to what extent people mod and at what levels

• Prior to the "attack button" update people modded alot. We would see at least a handful of people a war and often times entire clans of modded hoggers coming to eat our lunch. At our level the usage I would estimate as high as 25%.
  • As soon as the button update dropped people dramatically, and quickly, got a lot worse and we rolled off a ton of wins in a row none of them close. My contention is most people using mods before just either A) Quit or B) went to gowoppy style raids.
  • Now, success in wars is more closely tied to organization, hero levels and status, and experience. Mods have been neutralized to the point where they are virtually, but not entirely useless.
I don't think any of us mod, at least in fbgs, and I don't think our opponents mod either really. I still contend that mods benefit hogs the most anyways and being clean we moved away from hogs towards primarily air raids very early because we got more success with those playing clean than hogs playing clean.

I don't think SC can do much more other than enforce some sort of captcha, maybe not pass the traps to the client side would help on replays, not sure. I do think this is as good as it will get for clean players. the reddit consensus is this is the war mod situation that will exist till the sun burns out.
Frankly the old mod is completely irrelevant. "What once was" doesn't matter anymore.

Sure, there isn't much left that can be done about it. I see no problem with taking the 'glass half full' approach that you posted on the last page. It's OK to say this is as even as the game will ever be.

But that's different than saying the mod "doesn't really help any". That's just absurd.

So both troopers and Hanoi got 11/13 max th10 3 stars. That's pretty good.
Well troopers use xmod and I'm guessing the other clan does as well
Those attacks were so good I don't really think it matters.

Frankly the old mod is completely irrelevant. "What once was" doesn't matter anymore.

Sure, there isn't much left that can be done about it. I see no problem with taking the 'glass half full' approach that you posted on the last page. It's OK to say this is as even as the game will ever be.

But that's different than saying the mod "doesn't really help any". That's just absurd.

So both troopers and Hanoi got 11/13 max th10 3 stars. That's pretty good.
Well troopers use xmod and I'm guessing the other clan does as well
Those attacks were so good I don't really think it matters.
Well you have to understand my english, and espeically my english when typing on my phone leaves a little in the color department. It's usually obvious when I'm on my laptop as there is actual punctuation and complete thoughts.

Keep in mind these guys were 40/40 vs max th10. That's a monster difference than what we throw out there. Yes, practice helps, yes practice helps confidence, but even without it some of these attacks by virtue of the sheer firepower they brought were going to be successful if they didn't attack and practicing 100x probably would not have changed the end results one bit.

I also remember someone came over from honda and was somewhat horrified that we run mostly all air raids. I think that's evidence that we are pretty clean really. You only really have a handful of shots a week to do something so you fall in a groove of that and try to refine it as best you can. Not everyone can afford to, or run a variety of different raiding styles and eventually you will just see other people doing something and emulate it and ultimately most clans are now pretty homogenous that we see. I often say in chat that we need to stop treating our armies as hammers in want of a nail, mostly accusing myself of this, just looking for ways to loon the #### out of a base rather than a more diverse set. But so it goes.

If we had people that tried wild ### holo valk stuff one day and 6 golem jumpy stuff the next it would be a little fishy. But for the most part people have stuck with what they know for a long while. As long as heroes keep going up they will just get better by sheer will.

I've seen arguments that they should open up simulators to let us practice, single player bases that are similar to war bases, maybe even designed by the famous players. That would be fun. I don't know if that would lead to more attack diversity from us, however.

I don't believe in second chances. If you're reading this and have anything other than official supercell stuff on your device, now's the time to uninstall it.
Well you can explain that to all the FBGs rejects.

Seems pretty hardcore. I mean I'd like to keep flipboard and my fbg rate my team app if it's ok. I also have a shortcut to speed text my wife.

Biggest advantage to dry runs would be the opportunity to try both air and ground attacks against a base and see which one you have more success with, right? That's my hypothesis.

Biggest advantage to dry runs would be the opportunity to try both air and ground attacks against a base and see which one you have more success with, right? That's my hypothesis.
seems like that would be a huge waste of resources to dump armies just to test

i hate to dump 20 archers let alone a full gowipe + spells :no:

Some interesting responses. I thought we'd have more people in staunch opposition to cheating.
Not sure how you get that read. i've been one of the biggest anti xmod people out there since the beginning. I'm mainly just happy they did something. I was afraid they couldn't even get us this far.

2hr8min from next war. Currently trolling global for people to join the cleanest clan of all time. We require manscaping or waxing between wars.

Doesn't cost you a thing, you are sandboxing it.

And yes Instinctive, that would be one of many ways to exploit it.

Doesn't cost you a thing, you are sandboxing it.

And yes Instinctive, that would be one of many ways to exploit it.
That was my next question, haha.

I used to prep for attacks by looking at exactly where I wanted to place troops to get them to the right place. I would deploy troops there and still sometimes have them go somewhere other than I expected. Would have been helped if I could practice it.

I had a problem with rushing my attacks. Culdeus pointed out above that being patient is a trait the top clan's attackers have. Would have helped if I could practice those attacks so I could practice being relaxed.

Sometimes I just plain wasn't sure what composition to bring. Jump spells or WBs? How long to pound through walls? Etc. Would have helped if I could practice those attacks.

For anything other than simple attacks, I would write down my deployment order so I made sure I didn't miss anything. Before attacking I would bring up the scout for the base and I would walk through in my head each step of the attack, two or three times. I was already practicing the attack in my mind because that was all I had. And it helped keep me from messing up at times. Anyone think being able to actually practice the attack really wouldn't be an improvement over mentally practicing it?

Makes no sense.

culdeus said:
VA703 said:
Cliff Clavin said:
Sputnikv8 said:
culdeus said:
From one of the moderators at RWCS that says it better than me

As a fair play player, its best not to look at this way. Theres always going to be cheating in this competitive environment due to Supercell's lack of efforts to stop it. Rather you should view their raids as a learning tool, they execute a lot of cool and new strats that I've never seen before, and I improve a lot by watching their videos. There's absolutely no benefit in going around complaining about modders.
So, when do we start modding?
May as well. Some of us can mod so the others can learn. Really helps to improve the clan :thumbup:
with the way we have been playing lately I don't think we need to. buncha mvp's in this clan
Like I've said, I don't think it would help us. We win mostly on organization. It doesn't take mods for a TH10 to stomp a TH9, or at least it shouldn't.

We mostly "mod" by heavily leveraging war matchmaking in our favor.
lol

It's like you really believe that it doesn't help.

Agreed. Especially considered how driven some of us are. Oh well.

Also agree with EY - cheaters banned without hesitation once discovered.

I've honestly lost track of the number of times culdeus has trolled me in this thread. I just keep getting hooked too. :shrug:

think it's safe to say we know who does not mod

Before

• Anyone with max hogs and xmod could 3 star a max th9 base, pretty much without much trouble on the first attack regardless of heroes for/against, or anything.
  • SC instead of patching the mod made GB 1.5x as strong, which actually had the effect of making the mod stronger ironically. (November? 2014?)
  • Then, under pressure they added the attack button. (Mar 2015?)
Now

• Anyone with max hogs can't just stroll in and get a 3 star even with a trap replay. It simply just isn't possible like it used to be.
Practice, while very helpful is not even close to the lock 3 star it was before. There's a practical limit now to how much firepower it takes to get 3 on certain bases. No amount of practice, not 1000 times, not 1000000 times will overcome those barriers. That simply was not the case before. Run the mod before and you got the cc, the traps, and teslas without a scout. You just get the right troop comp to get the most hogs you can in your army and it was 3. Every, single, time. You could do it with #### heroes too didn't matter.

I'm not sure why people have a hard time figuring out my point of view here, and how it's not that different than anyone elses. Maybe I devalue the current mod version and over rate the prior one. This is possible. I just speak from lots of experience. I watch damn near every attack in every war. I watch pro wars too, I watch a lot of youtubes. I know something is off when I see it. I just don't see the odd stuff anymore and I just don't think the dry runs matter nearly as much as they used to. I can't put a finger on the value now, all I know it's lower. Much lower.

Like I said if someone was modding we would have bumped into a clan by now that does. So either everyone gave it up (doubtful) or it's not nearly as big a deal as you would think and that's a good thing either way.

I don't think it's worth discussing the "does practice help" anymore, we know it helps. We know it can help anyone a hell of a lot. I like to think more people are clean now, and even if they aren't clean what they have access to doesn't help as much as it did. Whether this is a whatever helps you sleep at night situation or not I'm not sure.

I would also point out the site I like "clanwars.com" setup private servers for people to practice on. This doesn't even take anything but a bluestacks system (I think not support on ios, unsure). If you want to practice and are a little tech savvy that's an option. For what it's worth you have to have a waiting period of 48 hours before practicing on a base you upload to keep the war transparency going. Though you could practice all day against common bases I guess.

Well, if somebody uses it in Honda and is caught its an instaban. Kev is firmly in the suspect list after his latest "attack".

someone translate this #### from japan clan google translate is really funny bad

いっしょにムッシュムラムラしませんか?♡ただしおとな限定ですよん 強い援軍もらって強くなりたい人も来てくださいね。酒税高額納税者は優遇いたします 。定型文による入隊申請とクラン戦の途中抜けはお断りします

Monsieur irresistibly together? However, multiply by 4 for a limited visit ♡ strong support and I want to be strong but also people please come again. Liquor Tax taxpayers are expensive. Klang and boilerplate text by applying for army during the war are prohibited.

Monsieur irresistibly together? However, multiply by 4 for a limited visit ♡ strong support and I want to be strong but also people please come again. Liquor Tax taxpayers are expensive. Klang and boilerplate text by applying for army during the war are prohibited.
Nailed it.

What kind of stuff would I have on my device that I could cheat with? I mean I need specific programs and probably directions on how to install said programs. Asking for a friend

What kind of stuff would I have on my device that I could cheat with? I mean I need specific programs and probably directions on how to install said programs. Asking for a friend
If his name is Butkus I don't think this is going to end well, although being rogue as you are I guess it really doesn't matter.

Start here

PS - sorry to hear about the demise of TSwizzle

If his name is Butkus I don't think this is going to end well, although being rogue as you are I guess it really doesn't matter.

Start here

PS - sorry to hear about the demise of TSwizzle
You've seen my attacks I need all the help I can get. (Just joking leaders/co-leaders....don't boot me I'm not really going to do it). I don't have a long enough attention span to watch that video.

T Swift would have been ok but I kept getting this little bird in my ear saying "let's go here...let's go here.." so I did.

P.S. Miss you too!! :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread