What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

I just skimmed the last few pages, and am not completely sure what's going on. Is there a way to scrimmage? I'm in a clan, but would love to play if there is a way without leaving the clan I'm in.

Fbgs...adjust your fire....adjust your fire.

This is quite possibly the worst start I've seen us have vs an equal/inferior clan. We can win ugly if the rest of our attacks are going for 3...lower than usual and ladder up the th10's. We have burnt too many of our reliable attacks for 0's and 1's to use our conventional attack ranges.

Check the ego at the door or we will lose to this 19 win clan. Yea, 19 wins.

I reaaaally don't want keep warring in Quattro as the only TH10. It makes me feel bad when I suck, which is like 1 out of 3 wars.
You're welcome at Honda. We have multiple TH10s who suck already, so you'll fit in.
Really? That's pretty appealing. Not joking. What's your guys' record?

We're serious about wars, but not to the point where we strangle all the fun out of the game.

We were missing a just staggering amount of hero's this war. Farm war after boost week will tend to do that. It happens. I'd you aren't going to opt out people for heroes you will struggle sometimes. Even versus one of the worst clans on the planet.

I reaaaally don't want keep warring in Quattro as the only TH10. It makes me feel bad when I suck, which is like 1 out of 3 wars.
You're welcome at Honda. We have multiple TH10s who suck already, so you'll fit in.
Bah. I'll bet we have way more in fbgs. You'd disappear into the background if thats what you want.No joke.
And we give up an hour into a war :thumbup:
When I looked at the dashboard I basically gave up before it started. This was predictable.

I've been useless no queen for months. It's a different game.

We're serious about wars, but not to the point where we strangle all the fun out of the game.
True story.

True story.
Wait, we're serious about wars? ####!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!

tjloopie

TH8

War Weight? Not sure on this one

BK7 (will be 8 by Sunday)

No AQ

I don't need to be in on this. But it does sound fun. Use my clan if you need another low TH to round out the teams.

True story.

This brought about the demise of We :wub: T Swift. Just a warning. 3-0 in wars but the pressure was just too great.

Last edited by a moderator:

True story.

This brought about the demise of We :wub: T Swift. Just a warning. 3-0 in wars but the pressure was just too great.
This is the kind of in depth insight we miss from you in Honda, you really need to come home.

True story.

This is the kind of in depth insight we miss from you in Honda, you really need to come home.
You just want me back so that you aren't the oldest by such a wide margin.

True story.

You just want me back so that you aren't the oldest by such a wide margin.
There's some truth to that. We just added another 9 year old last night making the gap that much wider. Could use a little help here

Getting cover your eyes bad now. Jesus.
WTH does this mean?
Getting our asses handed to us by a #### clan. On pace to lose by 30+, pretty embarrassing even with the hero situation.
Oh ok. I thought it was a new attack strategy. Thanks for clarifying. Good luck. You can pull it out. You have to mash the buttons faster though when deploying troops. Hope that helps.

WTH does this mean?
Getting our asses handed to us by a #### clan. On pace to lose by 30+, pretty embarrassing even with the hero situation.
Huh? They've added 2 stars in their last 6 attacks? There's 5 th9 sitting out there that don't have a star on them. Let alone the 8 stars sitting there at 43-46. Have we executed well? No but either have they and a few more eggs by them and it doesn't look so bad.

Julio (th8) just put up 2 on one of those unstarred bases. Far from over imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTH does this mean?
Huh? They've added 2 stars in their last 6 attacks? There's 5 th9 sitting out there that don't have a star on them. Let alone the 8 stars sitting there at 43-46. Have we executed well? No but either have they and a few more eggs by them and it doesn't look so bad.
I can't even come up with a plan to get us 90, let alone the 95-100 we need to even be competitive. They can fall on their ### and get 95 easily. They have the 3 tickles free stars they are holding until they know they can pot doc at will.

Nonsense. It was over before it started. Just give up. Hopefully we get another farmer clan next so we can get back on track. These 19 win clans are too much for us to handle. Can we delete defensive buildings to hopefully get an easier matchup? Maybe a 10 win clan? Gotta be some way to game the system.

Nonsense. It was over before it started. Just give up. Hopefully we get another farmer clan next so we can get back on track. These 19 win clans are too much for us to handle. Can we delete defensive buildings to hopefully get an easier matchup? Maybe a 10 win clan? Gotta be some way to game the system.
One cannon bases are what you are looking for!!!

The loot in champs has been really disappointing this week, much worse than before the boost.

So much nexting over bases like 150k/150k/1k. So few 3k+ DE bases. It's like they knew Kev was coming.

Thanks posty.

The loot in champs has been really disappointing this week, much worse than before the boost.

So much nexting over bases like 150k/150k/1k. So few 3k+ DE bases. It's like they knew Kev was coming.
That's pretty typical after a boost period. People fill up their DE then spend it and then take a break for awhile waiting on their stuff to finish. Same thing sort of happens when they drop new troops and buildings. People run out and spend all their loot.

That's pretty typical after a boost period. People fill up their DE then spend it and then take a break for awhile waiting on their stuff to finish. Same thing sort of happens when they drop new troops and buildings. People run out and spend all their loot.
I mentioned last night crystal is the same, loot blows goats right now

After watching alot of TH10 attacks I think for the most part the issues are not really execution but army planning.

With both heroes

• Look at the base, if more than 6 compartments find a way to make it 6 or less through quake or jumps.
  • 6 golems for 40 total hero levels 7 golems for 50 total hero levels. rest wiz.
  • If both heroes are up a pekka is not really necessary, but it may help clear certain bases to 50%. You will have all the DPS you need from heroes protected by golems + wiz more than the point dps of a pekka here, this is hero level and base dependent.
  • With both heroes it's hard to justify using more than 1 rage. Start with Rage+Freeze and add quakes or jumps and either another rage or a heal.
Missing King

• Take 2 max pekkas and 4 or so furs to sort of be a BK-lite
  • Since king won't be able to deal lots of damage fast probably 2 rages are needed
  • Still need 4 golems but release the queen late behind the meat shield when path to TH is pretty clear
Missing Queen

• Need lots of ranged dps here. Pekkas have no place in a queen-less army. Quake and or 3 jumps is pretty much mandatory.
  • without a queen need to turn core into an ice cube. Think 3 freezes and 2 jumps. Need to buy enough time and shield for wiz to clear the core.
  • Consider an air raid for 2 if practical Some videos out there showing up with screen lick drags and 5 freezes getting 2 on big TH10.

Really, I think the main issue is the better your heroes the more golems you need and the less pekkas. the ####tier your heroes are the less golems and more pekkas and wiz. It's just a matter of being able to get the right combo.

Altered army for a solid GoLaLoon. I'll try to hit in an hour and rebuild immediately. Had a PM from you and another.

Problem is I have a number of calls rest of day. When we throw up a bunch of messages about giving up, I tend to be less worried about attacking so a life problem becomes a much bigger issue for CoC.

Just as a heads up, I mean. When in game mail as well as the messages here all say we've got no chance and our ### has been kicked, then I find of push it to the back of my mind. My apologies.

Altered army for a solid GoLaLoon. I'll try to hit in an hour and rebuild immediately. Had a PM from you and another.

Problem is I have a number of calls rest of day. When we throw up a bunch of messages about giving up, I tend to be less worried about attacking so a life problem becomes a much bigger issue for CoC.

Just as a heads up, I mean. When in game mail as well as the messages here all say we've got no chance and our ### has been kicked, then I find of push it to the back of my mind. My apologies.
There's still like 5 hrs left. But since noon things have gotten worse. For a bit it looked like we might rally but they still could get 4 free stars from their 50.

There's still like 5 hrs left. But since noon things have gotten worse. For a bit it looked like we might rally but they still could get 4 free stars from their 50.
This is all true.

But. 28,30,32,33,37 and 45 all have only 1 star on them. Math be danged, we get 2's there thats 12 stars. Putting us at 97 forcing them to make a play. Throw in some 3's there and we break 100. They have done 7 3* total.

We just don't seem to ladder well in these "ugly wars".

:topcat:

This is all true.

But. 28,30,32,33,37 and 45 all have only 1 star on them. Math be danged, we get 2's there thats 12 stars. Putting us at 97 forcing them to make a play. Throw in some 3's there and we break 100. They have done 7 3* total.

We just don't seem to ladder well in these "ugly wars".

:topcat:
19 top 10 attacks. 3 - 2 stars.

One problem we do have is our TH10 are out of practice getting TH9 3 stars in a pinch. So it's not like we take some of them and have them go super low they would be a lock to triple a TH9 now.

Many haven't run a golava or hog raid in 3 months really. So it's not like you can just say, oh this is a lock 3 star for so and so. There is a little finesse to them even if you have overwhelming troops.

Not sure what you can do about that.

If you want to see someone snatch victory from the jaws of defeat swing over. Heading into last 90 min down 1, but reality is down 5 with free stars at least, more likely down 6.

I don't know that they can add many more stars than those 3 on tickels and 2 on doc. Their attacks are all pretty bad
I wish we could have Jason's attack back, that'd be sweet down further. We are still very iffy. Just need to break out the emergency ladder. I hope Instinctive is able to return for his second.

Users who are viewing this thread