Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Clash of Clans (Official thread)

You can quit quoting that post. It was before the matchmake update, or at least close enough to it that matchmaking had not been solved yet.

I think cliff has come around on this, everyone has that follows the people that do this hardcore. All you have to do is look at the latest matchups to know how absurd it is to think they factor TH at all. They quit doing that in the update, prior to the update it seemed like they did try to look at TH first.

War matchmaking is solved. 100% Period. If you have a specific question on it ask. It's all out in the open.

TH is not a factor whatsoever. The game does not try, nor does it even look at TH when deciding a matchup. It gives you a war weight and tries to keep the matchups within roughly 10% of eachother all the way down the map. After 20 minutes it expands the search by some amount, most say 5% at a time each direction, most likely.

There is nothing about xbow/inferno that were overblown. They have weight, alot of weight. The question is would you rather bring that weight to the war and find someone else with the same weight across from you, or would you rather have your entire clan face easier matchups by not doing so. Xbow/Infernos are the fastest way to bring tougher opponents, walls now seem to matter a hell of a lot more than they use to (which was basically 0) so that's become a sort of defacto tie between a Max TH9 with great walls and a rushed TH10 with #### walls. Just look at Zub and Clayton for example. They are less than one archer tower level from eachother. Then go compare their walls.

It the current system stupid, yes. Really dumb. They should factor TH more, they should count walls less, and they should balance out the weight of xbows and count heroes more. But they won't, because they are lazy.

:wall:

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

You can quit quoting that post. It was before the matchmake update, or at least close enough to it that matchmaking had not been solved yet.

I think cliff has come around on this, everyone has that follows the people that do this hardcore. All you have to do is look at the latest matchups to know how absurd it is to think they factor TH at all. They quit doing that in the update, prior to the update it seemed like they did try to look at TH first.

War matchmaking is solved. 100% Period. If you have a specific question on it ask. It's all out in the open.

TH is not a factor whatsoever. The game does not try, nor does it even look at TH when deciding a matchup. It gives you a war weight and tries to keep the matchups within roughly 10% of eachother all the way down the map. After 20 minutes it expands the search by some amount, most say 5% at a time each direction, most likely.

There is nothing about xbow/inferno that were overblown. They have weight, alot of weight. The question is would you rather bring that weight to the war and find someone else with the same weight across from you, or would you rather have your entire clan face easier matchups by not doing so. Xbow/Infernos are the fastest way to bring tougher opponents, walls now seem to matter a hell of a lot more than they use to (which was basically 0) so that's become a sort of defacto tie between a Max TH9 with great walls and a rushed TH10 with #### walls. Just look at Zub and Clayton for example. They are less than one archer tower level from eachother. Then go compare their walls.

It the current system stupid, yes. Really dumb. They should factor TH more, they should count walls less, and they should balance out the weight of xbows and count heroes more. But they won't, because they are lazy.

:wall:

Do you have any 3rd party resources to support any of your claims at all? Whatever they are. As always I'm interested in seeing/reading them.

I still can't figure out my war weight. I went to recently ended war, scouted my base and then clicked on elixir storage then info. The only numbers I see a storage (18000/2000000) and HP. So the 18000 is supposed to be my war weight? As a TH8?

I still can't figure out my war weight. I went to recently ended war, scouted my base and then clicked on elixir storage then info. The only numbers I see a storage (18000/2000000) and HP. So the 18000 is supposed to be my war weight? As a TH8?

th8 you multiply by .75

th8 you multiply by .75

Ah, that makes sense. I know I'm awesome and all but that seemed a tad high.

Thanks.

A full max TH10 rings in around 24000

Full max TH9 rings in around 18000

Full Max TH8 rings in at around 14000

That's walls, spells, troops, everything.

Most of the war weight FAQs out there use gold storage. I like elixer storage because everyone maxes out elixer storage first. There's nothing at TH9 that requires 8MM gold so people don't always upgrade it. You need full elixer fairly soon in TH9 for the big labs.

You have to give me the red team so Doc can 3 star your base

This might be the first war that we have more than one person trying to 3 star a base....that already has 3 stars....and everyone encourages it!

Bring that expensive quake ####. I dare you.

This might be the first war that we have more than one person trying to 3 star a base....that already has 3 stars....and everyone encourages it!

In fbgs chat the lines forming to attack certain non fbgs clan members is quite long.

Stars be damned - it's now who can 3 star the same base the quickest.

In fbgs chat the lines forming to attack certain non fbgs clan members is quite long.

:lmao:

Final score. 3 - 9. Losing clan just had 2 more people that have been vilified. Next scrimmage, that should be taken into consideration.

That's a short list :oldunsure:

I just realized the downside to this scrimmage is that I'll need to make a new war base. Ugh.

I just realized the downside to this scrimmage is that I'll need to make a new war base. Ugh.

Just use clover. They will blow 5 attacks trying to get that first star.

WAREHOUSE 13!!!!

Is the current HONDA war pretty much over or what? Strategy?

It's never over until rascal says so

Right on.

Someone give me some orders for my 2nd attack. kkthx.

Try to pick up a star on anything 19 on down

You do realize that in a sense, they is us.

But ya, he's correct. You could even post the image with traps here. We have yet to conquer that stupid base regularly.

But ya, he's correct. You could even post the image with traps here. We have yet to conquer that stupid base regularly.

Seriously?

There were previous postings (Smackdown and cul) that I thought gave the blueprint.

It would make life easier though. How many clovers will there be on team tamtam?

Seriously?

There were previous postings (Smackdown and cul) that I thought gave the blueprint.

It would make life easier though. How many clovers will there be on team tamtam?

Sadly, its true. It is claimed that most of the how-to's have hero's bigger than what we have and they are the magic*. But ya, it might be fun if we just do all clovers and FORCE ourselves to figure it out or end in a 0 - 0 tie.

*small possibility that we just suck and couldn't fight our way out of a wet paper bag :bag::shrug::doh:

Edited by Sputnikv8

How flexible? A few of us would've eligible again in 50 hours. That cool?

I'm bad at math.

That's like 6pm, I think that works, but the post above made it sound like you all wrap earlier. fbgs finish the pink wall war about 8pm tomorrow so our schedule is quite clear.

I'm bad at math.

That's like 6pm, I think that works, but the post above made it sound like you all wrap earlier. fbgs finish the pink wall war about 8pm tomorrow so our schedule is quite clear.

Okay, then we can war one more time. we kick off in an hour and half when the current one ends, so 48 hours from that.

I'm bad at math.

Okay, then we can war one more time. we kick off in an hour and half when the current one ends, so 48 hours from that.

Keep me opted in then. :thumbup:

yep, will do.

Don't worry Bucky we like to donate

I've got my list of guys I won't donate troops to. :thumbup:
Supercell even created an electronic copy of it for you, just click on your clan roster!

POTD right there

Supercell even created an electronic copy of it for you, just click on your clan roster!

POTD right there

Do any of you actually look at my donation ratio, or just continue ####ting on me like a bunch of sheep?
That second thing is more fun.

POTD right there

Do any of you actually look at my donation ratio, or just continue ####ting on me like a bunch of sheep?
You've been around long enough to know that we seldom let facts get in the way of poking fun at someone.

I have putting off pushing the button for th10 for two reasons...

I would like to push heroes to at least 20 each and I don't know if I want to deal with the elixir grind again. I'm kinda happy at th9. I'm pretty much maxed out at th9 though (except heroes and walls).

Thoughts on the th10 upgrade?

I would like to push heroes to at least 20 each and I don't know if I want to deal with the elixir grind again. I'm kinda happy at th9. I'm pretty much maxed out at th9 though (except heroes and walls).

In the same boat. Hitting the button at 20/20. At 17/17 now so about a month or so more.

In the same boat. Hitting the button at 20/20. At 17/17 now so about a month or so more.

I have been at th10 for awhile now and only recently got aq to 20. I don't regret going when I did. The offensive capability is awesome and th10 has been super fun. As an air guy, L3 hounds and the extra spell really increased my war contribution.

That said, the elixir grind was miserable.

:shrug:

Also in the same boat. Max TH9 D, 4.5 weeks left on DE lab upgrades and 16/20 heroes. I'm not considering TH10 until the lab finishes at which point I'll be close to 20/25 heroes. Also enjoying TH9 and may stick around for 30/30 or until I get sick of DE grinding.

• Like 1

That's a pretty big except though.

Just starting the hero grind at th9 so I'm not in the same bhote as you guys (hero's BK 10/AQ 14). Plan is to get to 20/20 when I suspect I'll feel like you and be ready to push the button. I'm hoping that by then I will have gotten better at th9 because the biggest detractor I have to going to th10 is I suck at attacking th9. When it becomes a routine 2 star against th9 is when I think it's a good time to punch the button rather than basing it on a milestone event.

I was exactly the same a few months ago. Completely comfortable as near max TH9 developing heroes and walls. It's nice being over the grind, and I wasn't eager to start the next one. On the other hand, the allure of L3 hounds / freeze spells / additional 25 troop space was always there in the back of my mind.

Ultimately I hit the button when I realized my lab was about to be idle. I simply couldn't have that. My heroes were AQ25/BK20.

The TH10 grind wasn't as excrutiating as I remember early TH9 being. It did take 3 months, I think, to get through all the important elixir upgrades, but the build/lab times are so long that there isn't a ton of pressure to keep them all going.

I think with the wall weight change if serious about war you make the jump at 20/20.

If not serious about war then 30/30. Getting DE is a little easier than it used to be (SuperQueen and single player matchmaking rules) and protecting DE is a little easier than it used to be at TH9 (rules again), but you then have to deal with all the extra gold/elix and if you don't put that in walls then you just have to give it away, which is sort of pointless.

I think with the wall weight change if serious about war you make the jump at 20/20.

If not serious about war then 30/30. Getting DE is a little easier than it used to be (SuperQueen and single player matchmaking rules) and protecting DE is a little easier than it used to be at TH9 (rules again), but you then have to deal with all the extra gold/elix and if you don't put that in walls then you just have to give it away, which is sort of pointless.

Funny I had this brief chat with Clayton the other day, he intended to go to 30/30 but we realized he'd probably max his walls first. In which case, what do you do? It would be a lot tougher holding onto the DE needed for L20+ heroes when your gold and elixir storages are also perpetually maxed.

The other option is to burn the G + E by dumping troops and buying/deleting flags and statues. That would get annoying real fast, I imagine.

Funny I had this brief chat with Clayton the other day, he intended to go to 30/30 but we realized he'd probably max his walls first. In which case, what do you do? It would be a lot tougher holding onto the DE needed for L20+ heroes when your gold and elixir storages are also perpetually maxed.

The other option is to burn the G + E by dumping troops and buying/deleting flags and statues. That would get annoying real fast, I imagine.

Stick the TH out along with gold and elixir stores. Bury the DE.

• Like 1