What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I think with the wall weight change if serious about war you make the jump at 20/20.

If not serious about war then 30/30. Getting DE is a little easier than it used to be (SuperQueen and single player matchmaking rules) and protecting DE is a little easier than it used to be at TH9 (rules again), but you then have to deal with all the extra gold/elix and if you don't put that in walls then you just have to give it away, which is sort of pointless.
Funny I had this brief chat with Clayton the other day, he intended to go to 30/30 but we realized he'd probably max his walls first. In which case, what do you do? It would be a lot tougher holding onto the DE needed for L20+ heroes when your gold and elixir storages are also perpetually maxed.

The other option is to burn the G + E by dumping troops and buying/deleting flags and statues. That would get annoying real fast, I imagine.
Well, I was in an odd spot. In Masters I would get hit any time I was lootcapped on DE and Gold, hard. So I would buy and sell the pekka statue to dump gold. There is no practical way to do that with elixer. The most expensive thing is like 50000. Nobody cares about elixer anyways, but if capped I'd set it by the th. That clears like 300k a pop.

In champs I never got hit, ever. So I started pouring gold into archer towers lately. I'd rather be way ahead on the low weight towers when I finally hit 60.

thecatch said:
Ok, I swear on my mothers breast that I did this completely blind. I basically bounced people in with only two stipulations

AZ and Smack had to be on different teams

Moredoor was on AZ team to help balance the heroes to get started

The rest of it was done using the powerbang method of war matchmaking.

Two teams of 19 with the leaders that makes it 20. Clayton, Yank, and others have alts to bring in last minute subs if an emergency happens. We can even make a buttworms account if we have to.

Tam I present to you

The red pill

Smackdown 10 23250 94 22 34 56

CJAY 10 22250 90 20 19 39

sml 10 22250 90 18 25 43

doc 10 22250 90 25 30 55

Sham 10 20750 84 15 20 35

Acer 10 21250 86 18 20 38

inst 10 20250 82 22 20 42

channing 10 18500 75 19 18 37

hhh 10 17250 70 20 16 36

clayton 9 17750 72 20 22 42

lowmax 9 17250 70 16 19 35

bucky 9 17000 69 12 15 27

indst 9 17000 69 16 20 36

withstupid 9 16500 67 12 10 22

big red 9 16000 65 10 11 21

scotticus 9 16500 67 13 10 23

yank 9 15000 61 10 10 20

odin 9 16500 67 14 10 24

jj 8 13500 55 10 0 10
Or the Blue Pill

moredoor 10 22750 92 25 40 65

AZ 10 22000 89 13 17 30

Manback 10 22750 92 21 25 46

Jason 10 22750 92 20 34 54

Fudd 10 22000 89 21 20 41

patswillwin 10.00 20750.00 84 20.00 15.00 35.00

Scott 10 20500 83 16 18 34

warst 10 17750 72 15 15 30

zub 10 17500 71 15 22 37

RCP 9 17250 70 15 16 31

g120 9 17000 69 16 16 32

czar 9 17000 69 15 21 36

Darth 9 17000 69 15 14 29

craig 9 16500 67 11 13 24

rascal 9.00 16250.00 66 15.00 12.00 27.00

cliff 9 16000 65 15 10 25

uhm 9 16500 67 14 10 24

sky 9 16750 68 10 15 25

nugback 8 13250 54 10 0 10
I like itLooks good. Nice "work". Work...you totally get off on this stuff.

So now what. You can decide based on personality which squad will put up the smallest stink having to switch to another clan.

Funny hypothetical. What if we somehow launched at the same time as these all-stars, cross paths and get into (i.e. ruin) their tourney.

Bump request for the roster.

Blue team may report to :

culdeus says no

If you could drop by at least for a check in at one point or another today shuke has a welcome gift basket waiting.

#PUG2V8YR

I think with the wall weight change if serious about war you make the jump at 20/20.

If not serious about war then 30/30. Getting DE is a little easier than it used to be (SuperQueen and single player matchmaking rules) and protecting DE is a little easier than it used to be at TH9 (rules again), but you then have to deal with all the extra gold/elix and if you don't put that in walls then you just have to give it away, which is sort of pointless.
Funny I had this brief chat with Clayton the other day, he intended to go to 30/30 but we realized he'd probably max his walls first. In which case, what do you do? It would be a lot tougher holding onto the DE needed for L20+ heroes when your gold and elixir storages are also perpetually maxed.

The other option is to burn the G + E by dumping troops and buying/deleting flags and statues. That would get annoying real fast, I imagine.
Start/cancel the townhall upgrade takes care of the gold.

Stick the TH out along with gold and elixir stores. Bury the DE.
That is a rather simple solution :doh:

Start/cancel the townhall upgrade takes care of the gold.
And cooking drag armies and dumping them while on shield takes care of elixir. You can log on once per hour and dump 8 drags or 250k-ish elixir per hour.

I'm looking forward to having L4 drags just so I can dump all the elixer into something useful (War CC).

Probably will go to L5 drags just to make it a little more expensive more than anything. (what an odd game this is)

So I tried two AQ Walks in the pink wall war. Both were moderately successful. One was on a base that really wasn't all that great for it, but went anyways just for giggles.

Placement of the AQ and the funnel setting is so important. These bases were pretty rough. The first one I did had a red carpet to the core. I thought she would peel left, but she went straight for the TH and infernos. Ended up with a 92% 1 star.

Second time I did the new trendy technique of dropping a golem first, then queen to give her a little protection early. But she went the direction I didn't want again and took withering fire, had to drop two rages on the healers just to keep her alive. Just got a layup 2 on that one and quit out.

Shuke got a really funny 2 star on their 6. Highlight of shuke's career. Lots of fun attacks this war. Might build confidence in TH9 vs TH10.

So I tried two AQ Walks in the pink wall war. Both were moderately successful. One was on a base that really wasn't all that great for it, but went anyways just for giggles.

Placement of the AQ and the funnel setting is so important. These bases were pretty rough. The first one I did had a red carpet to the core. I thought she would peel left, but she went straight for the TH and infernos. Ended up with a 92% 1 star.

Second time I did the new trendy technique of dropping a golem first, then queen to give her a little protection early. But she went the direction I didn't want again and took withering fire, had to drop two rages on the healers just to keep her alive. Just got a layup 2 on that one and quit out.

Shuke got a really funny 2 star on their 6. Highlight of shuke's career. Lots of fun attacks this war. Might build confidence in TH9 vs TH10.
Imagine the success you could have with this if you had a couple practice runs at those bases :mellow:

Imagine the success you could have with this if you had a couple practice runs at those bases :mellow:
Well the first one was the one I did the most planning for. I think the queen must still have preference for stuff not in walls vs. stuff in walls. She walked right ####### by a cannon inside a wall to shoot a hut not in a wall next to an inferno. Dumb whore.

Well the first one was the one I did the most planning for. I think the queen must still have preference for stuff not in walls vs. stuff in walls. She walked right ####### by a cannon inside a wall to shoot a hut not in a wall next to an inferno. Dumb whore.
Surely you can find a youtube video that agrees with this speculation. Then you can call it gospel, and tell everyone here you have it solved 100%

sartre said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:

Surely you can find a youtube video that agrees with this speculation. Then you can call it gospel, and tell everyone here you have it solved 100%
I watched this again and had the sequence wrong.

She did take out the stuff in the wall, but right before that she hit a camp outside the wall so when the tower in the wall died there was no freaking way she was going to head north and west. Didn't realize she smashed the camp first. Lesson is gotta really be on top of the funnel on these.

Most of these bases are pretty lolbad so it was hard to find a normalish one to even practice on.

sartre said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:

Dang dude. You are salty these days!

sartre said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:

we been losing wars, just got a beating from canada. he's bitter.

I just made a mistake. I've been sending out some PMs to the blue team

serious business

But I ran out of room in my PM box and deleted everything. This seems to have dumped my record of whom I've sent stuff. If you haven't gotten a PM from me send me one. No real rush, and not that important either way.

sartre said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:

You are right, that was a cheap shot. Apologies, culdeus. And to Cliff, as it diminished his point.

I appreciate that culdy started that assertion with "I think", and wish more of his statements started that way. It's the speculation pronounced as fact that riles me. Because some people are misguided by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HONDA...sorry in advance for my attack. First time as a TH9 with you. Thanks for covering for me... again :D

I have been studying for my attack all day but it won't matter once I start mashing buttons.

So now walls are en vogue to not upgrade....

Here I thought the point of the game was to constantly upgrade your base.
I quit looking at the SC forums as much since they banned me. They have a billion page thread on the wall "problem". They have people that have done far more research into this than I have.

At the lower clan sizes this has ruined war. I think it's mostly noise once you get past about 35, but this war was the first time we've seen the wall thing really impact us.

Walls are always pretty stupid anyways. 3 star strats ignore walls. Once you have 45-50 high level walls past lego there's not a huge pressing reason to get more with or without the weight change.

It is in my mind. In a couple weeks, after an appalling 18 months of playing this game, I will have finally accomplished my primary goal of maxing out my defensive structures. I'll still work on heroes, traps, and walls, but I'm hoping to slowly pry myself away from this addiction and get to the point where I only do wars.

It is in my mind. In a couple weeks, after an appalling 18 months of playing this game, I will have finally accomplished my primary goal of maxing out my defensive structures. I'll still work on heroes, traps, and walls, but I'm hoping to slowly pry myself away from this addiction and get to the point where I only do wars.
Then..... TH11 :lmao:

Ugh.

This is the wall problem in a nutshell

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEnEbl4YrneM1AyTk5pdGZic0k/view?usp=sharing

This base has the same weight as a Max D Th9 with roughly half lavas and heros still don't matter much so throw those out.

I think it's more a meta question. Previously this base was out of range of TH9 of any kind (Or at least SC forums would argue). Now if you just punt walls you will draw max TH9 as a baby pink wall absurd base TH10.

I mean imagine this base as a real base and not some #### show. What would you rather have? A max TH9, or this guy? Forums guys would say this guy 99x out of 100.

And this isn't the only example from this war. This guy was what? 20? They had 10 more worse than him with base weight in range of a max th9, then they had 3 or so max th9 under that. Out of 40 the first base that tips the scales under 17000 was 36/40.

:excited:

Take for example our matchup with putayt versus the clan that got 30 stars on us. putat crushed us.

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

So basically to putat we were giving up about 4 xbow levels and 2 inferno levels a base and it was inverted versus "badclan" Both are within the norms.

The question is do you want to make yourself be 19750 with a TH9 offense or a TH10 offense? That's the question.
So are you still arguing that offense counts for absolutely nothing in war matchmaking?

Take for example our matchup with putayt versus the clan that got 30 stars on us. putat crushed us.

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

So basically to putat we were giving up about 4 xbow levels and 2 inferno levels a base and it was inverted versus "badclan" Both are within the norms.

The question is do you want to make yourself be 19750 with a TH9 offense or a TH10 offense? That's the question.
So are you still arguing that offense counts for absolutely nothing in war matchmaking?
The data seems to bear this out. Zub was pretty maxed out as th9 and hasn't added much in the way of defense and has most of the major offense. Seems to be patient zero

I feel like you owe me half an hour back. I just got around to watching these vids and there is nothing in them that verifies your claims yesterday about matchmaking. Surely you have something else? Text format would be preferred.
I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs.

If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

Unless this is some troll job and I've been fished?

I feel like you owe me half an hour back. I just got around to watching these vids and there is nothing in them that verifies your claims yesterday about matchmaking. Surely you have something else? Text format would be preferred.
I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs. If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

I think you suffer from gaps in logical inference. By and large people force matches by hitting the button at the same time, after getting roughly similar base composition. It's not as hard as you think.And that certainly doesn't equate to solving SC's ever-changing matchmaking formula.

You are the one claiming that it's been done. My assertion is that you are far overstating what you 'know'. And you also overstate the impact of it. Burden of proof is on you, as you are the one claiming to have the answer. You are the one telling people what to develop and what not to. Not me. It is sad if you believe those vids you posted yesterday prove anything whatsoever.

I've got kids to feed and entertain, so this'll be the last from me for a while.

Here are some of the better videos on the matter

Part of the problem is since you won't actually state or present any data on the topic is I can't tell what exactly you take issue with. I'll give you three choices, then I implore you to put your own resources on the topic out for review or at least take a position other than "you don't know".

• How clans match against eachother
  • How individual war weight inside the clan is determined
  • How lootable value for each base is ultimately determined

Have we thought about what happens if we don't get matched against each other. Will this unsolve the golden match making theory

I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs. If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

I think you suffer from gaps in logical inference. By and large people force matches by hitting the button at the same time, after getting roughly similar base composition. It's not as hard as you think.And that certainly doesn't equate to solving SC's ever-changing matchmaking formula.

You are the one claiming that it's been done. My assertion is that you are far overstating what you 'know'. And you also overstate the impact of it. Burden of proof is on you, as you are the one claiming to have the answer. You are the one telling people what to develop and what not to. Not me. It is sad if you believe those vids you posted yesterday prove anything whatsoever.

I've got kids to feed and entertain, so this'll be the last from me for a while.
Ah, you think of us as your kids. I'm touched man, really.

Have we thought about what happens if we don't get matched against each other. Will this unsolve the golden match making theory
We've been prepping all week for this big matchup. I expect both clans to get matched with Chinese gemmers.
Saturday is the least popular day for war starts. It's why we get so many farming clans on Saturday.

The most popular time is roughly 5pm Friday to kickoff on the east coast.

<p>

I feel like you owe me half an hour back. I just got around to watching these vids and there is nothing in them that verifies your claims yesterday about matchmaking.Surely you have something else? Text format would be preferred.
I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs.If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

Part of the problem is since you won't actually state or present any data on the topic is I can't tell what exactly you take issue with. I'll give you three choices, then I implore you to put your own resources on the topic out for review or at least take a position other than "you don't know".

There are likely a lot of variables in it and having a few clan members holding back defenses hurts the clan; it doesn't help. You, for example, adding infernos would not change our matchups one bit. But it does make you susceptible to being 3* instead of 2*. Our bottom 9s without xbows are a lock to be 3* by a crappy GoWiPe instead of giving up 2* or eating up a few attacks before getting 3*. Those guys adding xbows would be a drop in the bucket in a 40/50 man war but instead they're giving up easy stars.

If every single person in the clan bought in, you might have something. But that isn't plausible. Even if that were the case, you'd have to go out and 3* everything just to win because your D would suck terribly.

As is, we'll get some tough matchups, some easy ones and some fair ones. People adding D isn't going to change that.

<p>

I feel like you owe me half an hour back. I just got around to watching these vids and there is nothing in them that verifies your claims yesterday about matchmaking.Surely you have something else? Text format would be preferred.
I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs.If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

There are likely a lot of variables in it and having a few clan members holding back defenses hurts the clan; it doesn't help. You, for example, adding infernos would not change our matchups one bit. But it does make you susceptible to being 3* instead of 2*. Our bottom 9s without xbows are a lock to be 3* by a crappy GoWiPe instead of giving up 2* or eating up a few attacks before getting 3*. Those guys adding xbows would be a drop in the bucket in a 40/50 man war but instead they're giving up easy stars.

If every single person in the clan bought in, you might have something. But that isn't plausible. Even if that were the case, you'd have to go out and 3* everything just to win because your D would suck terribly.

As is, we'll get some tough matchups, some easy ones and some fair ones. People adding D isn't going to change that.
That's a meta assertion. Not a matchmaking assertion.

<p>

There are likely a lot of variables in it and having a few clan members holding back defenses hurts the clan; it doesn't help. You, for example, adding infernos would not change our matchups one bit. But it does make you susceptible to being 3* instead of 2*. Our bottom 9s without xbows are a lock to be 3* by a crappy GoWiPe instead of giving up 2* or eating up a few attacks before getting 3*. Those guys adding xbows would be a drop in the bucket in a 40/50 man war but instead they're giving up easy stars.If every single person in the clan bought in, you might have something. But that isn't plausible. Even if that were the case, you'd have to go out and 3* everything just to win because your D would suck terribly.

But it's correct now and it still will be when SC changes the matchmaking again :shrug:

To take this back to the matchmaking topic.

A Max TH9 that throws down the 3 horsemen of the apocalypse will jump from about 18000 (depending on where their walls sat) To 21000 nearly overnight. This means you are now in the range of 23000 to 18000. 23000 being maxed infernos at least and most eveything else th9 or better down to well, basically me. There is a pretty big hole between max 9 and min 10 that's hard to fill with the current weight factors.

I would argue that the system has nearly no way of NOT matching you with a 3 horseman TH10. Now it might be ####ty, or it might be maxed out. For the most part though once people get infernos they max them, at least in war clans so that 10% for us tends to lean to the positive. Tracking our war matches we get more over matches at the knee than under. I even look at farm wars in this, because well, farmers have weight too.

----Side note the above bolded is a decent meta topic. I'll put that aside for the moment to try and keep things linear.

So Tam instead of having a chance of drawing a TH9 now will either draw a max TH10 OR a #### TH10. Nobody, and I mean nobody out there looks quite like my base so for him to find me is not really plausible. So to say we won't get harder matches is just not accepting reality. Even on a micro level.

I quit looking at the SC forums as much since they banned me. They have a billion page thread on the wall "problem". They have people that have done far more research into this than I have.

At the lower clan sizes this has ruined war. I think it's mostly noise once you get past about 35, but this war was the first time we've seen the wall thing really impact us.

Walls are always pretty stupid anyways. 3 star strats ignore walls. Once you have 45-50 high level walls past lego there's not a huge pressing reason to get more with or without the weight change.
Why do you always fall back on "3 star strategy." Th10 has zero to do with 3 star strategy unless it's at the highest of levels. Walls have always and will always be significant deterrents to ground attacks. With air being neutered recently at the th10 level, if anything they are worth more.

In any case, it comes down to this - do you want to improve your base. Yes. Do you have extra funds to dump into walls. Yes. Use them. Simply putting storages out and giving it away as has been suggested is just dumb. Same as not building or upgrading defenses when the opportunity is available and all offense is upgraded.

There are likely a lot of variables in it and having a few clan members holding back defenses hurts the clan; it doesn't help. You, for example, adding infernos would not change our matchups one bit. But it does make you susceptible to being 3* instead of 2*. Our bottom 9s without xbows are a lock to be 3* by a crappy GoWiPe instead of giving up 2* or eating up a few attacks before getting 3*. Those guys adding xbows would be a drop in the bucket in a 40/50 man war but instead they're giving up easy stars.If every single person in the clan bought in, you might have something. But that isn't plausible. Even if that were the case, you'd have to go out and 3* everything just to win because your D would suck terribly.

But it's correct now and it still will be when SC changes the matchmaking again :shrug:

Splitting this out since this is a meta topic.

--The gowipe clans did get a major boost with the update. They got a free spell out of it, effectively, and the most key spell in getting 3 with gowipe got a major boost (jump).

-The only defense that I would say to hold off until 20/20 is upgrading xbow. I wouldn't lay an xbow until offense is maxed, but we don't have anyone like that and likely never will again.

-Level 3 xbow provides a meager 25dps boost over level1, that's not the reason why people are gettting tripled. The bases we have just haven't adapted to the new meta. It's damn near impossible to get people to change bases so I've given up even trying. There are bases that literally give up 3 every war and I still don't say anything. I've just accepted it.

Users who are viewing this thread