• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

Sorry. I took a risk. We were short a th10 and our 9s were weaker. We missed 3 key guys. Not sure what else I could do

Took a shot - didn't work - no big deal IMO.

Gem save as my AQ continues to nap - now until Tuesday/Wednesday.

It still might be fun to let them pot and do their thing and then pop over and smashed them late Monday

Suggested this in chat last night. We need access though.

If we fill cc, it may not work. Maybe we wait and see what they do. Need 2 pots, that way they may double pot right off the bat. If so, we roll em late. If they show up, nothin lost on our side, we just let it go.

Are there any clans that you guys follow on YouTube? I'm currently watching the one hive vids, and they are great. The power bang gaming guys are good also.

There's a million clash vids out there and hoping you guys have separated some wheat from the chaff already.

Love the game and always trying to learn more.

Thanks!

Are there any clans that you guys follow on YouTube? I'm currently watching the one hive vids, and they are great. The power bang gaming guys are good also.

There's a million clash vids out there and hoping you guys have separated some wheat from the chaff already.

Love the game and always trying to learn more.

Thanks!

lately I've gotten a lot more out of watching people's replays on twitch. When done with streaming most people post hours of video. you can zip through the war really fast that way and you catch everything, not just the 3 stars, you get to see the ####ups too and what went wrong.

Most famous ones

BaronSF - Very mellow british guy

Cheetum - One Hive guy

pinworms - Mix of content, some trophy pushing some wars

thehulkfiles - Swears a lot, watches mostly top war clans, his chat can give you aids so watchout.

shagge68 - Streams a lot of reddit stuff and other arranged stuff

frankdatank - If you can stand hulk you might not be able to stand this guy. Really hard to listen to.

koopatrooper787 - Streams lots of reddit trooper and red line stuff

Obviously you have no need to listen to audio. Can just do video. That makes these a lot more tolerable.

Edited by culdeus
  • Like 1

Here are some of the better videos on the matter

I feel like you owe me half an hour back. I just got around to watching these vids and there is nothing in them that verifies your claims yesterday about matchmaking.

Surely you have something else? Text format would be preferred.

I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs.

If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

Unless this is some troll job and I've been fished?

I think you suffer from gaps in logical inference. By and large people force matches by hitting the button at the same time, after getting roughly similar base composition. It's not as hard as you think.

And that certainly doesn't equate to solving SC's ever-changing matchmaking formula.

You are the one claiming that it's been done. My assertion is that you are far overstating what you 'know'. And you also overstate the impact of it. Burden of proof is on you, as you are the one claiming to have the answer. You are the one telling people what to develop and what not to. Not me. It is sad if you believe those vids you posted yesterday prove anything whatsoever.

I've got kids to feed and entertain, so this'll be the last from me for a while.

Part of the problem is since you won't actually state or present any data on the topic is I can't tell what exactly you take issue with. I implore you to put your own resources on the topic out for review or at least take a position other than "you don't know".

Fair Isaacs has a proprietary formula (FICO) that many would love to crack so they could exploit it.

Well, Cletus says he has cracked the FICO formula. Cletus tells everyone in his circle, "don't ever take out a vehicle loan because it hurts your credit rating way more than it should!". He advises everyone instead pay cash for a used car. "Never buy a new car!" Cletus says. Mort is curious if the impact is really that dramatic, and asks his buddy Cletus if he can share his proof. Cletus points Mort to several youtube videos, which contain random people making the same unsubstantiated claim. But there's no actual evidence. Mort suggests to their friends that they ignore Cletus' warnings regarding vehicle loans: "if you can reasonably afford a new car there's no reason to deprive yourself of one."

Cletus gets annoyed that Mort isn't convinced by his youtube idols. His challenge is that if Mort cannot show the FICO formula himself, then the one Cletus believes in must be true.

I feel like you owe me half an hour back. I just got around to watching these vids and there is nothing in them that verifies your claims yesterday about matchmaking.

I'm still waiting for an assertion from you other than to nitpick me. Ive stayed completely on top of this issue from the beginning, taken my own data, followed all the key developments and provided inputs.

If this is such a mystery how are people able to force matches? Explain that. Or explain anything you think is relevant here?

I think you suffer from gaps in logical inference. By and large people force matches by hitting the button at the same time, after getting roughly similar base composition. It's not as hard as you think.

And that certainly doesn't equate to solving SC's ever-changing matchmaking formula.

You are the one claiming that it's been done. My assertion is that you are far overstating what you 'know'. And you also overstate the impact of it. Burden of proof is on you, as you are the one claiming to have the answer. You are the one telling people what to develop and what not to. Not me. It is sad if you believe those vids you posted yesterday prove anything whatsoever.

I've got kids to feed and entertain, so this'll be the last from me for a while.

Part of the problem is since you won't actually state or present any data on the topic is I can't tell what exactly you take issue with. I implore you to put your own resources on the topic out for review or at least take a position other than "you don't know".

Fair Isaacs has a proprietary formula (FICO) that many would love to crack so they could exploit it.

Well, Cletus says he has cracked the FICO formula. Cletus tells everyone in his circle, "don't ever take out a vehicle loan because it hurts your credit rating way more than it should!". He advises everyone instead pay cash for a used car. "Never buy a new car!" Cletus says. Mort is curious if the impact is really that dramatic, and asks his buddy Cletus if he can share his proof. Cletus points Mort to several youtube videos, which contain random people making the same unsubstantiated claim. But there's no actual evidence. Mort suggests to their friends that they ignore Cletus' warnings regarding vehicle loans: "if you can reasonably afford a new car there's no reason to deprive yourself of one."

Cletus gets annoyed that Mort isn't convinced by his youtube idols. His challenge is that if Mort cannot show the FICO formula himself, then the one Cletus believes in must be true.

I am interested in engaging on this topic if you can resort to actually making a claim. Otherwise I'd wish you would quit responding. The problem is lots of people have gathered lots of data (myself included) that have gotten the formulas nailed down within the margin of error that is acceptable.

I even developed my own scale to help my data gathering to be sped up. I track our weights, the other teams weights, the war loot, lots of stuff to make the data gathering better.

I put alot of effort into this where you have spent more effort insulting me and making personal attacks than anything of consequence.

Take for example our matchup with putayt versus the clan that got 30 stars on us. putat crushed us.

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

So basically to putat we were giving up about 4 xbow levels and 2 inferno levels a base and it was inverted versus "badclan" Both are within the norms.

The question is do you want to make yourself be 19750 with a TH9 offense or a TH10 offense? That's the question.

So are you still arguing that offense counts for absolutely nothing in war matchmaking?

The data seems to bear this out. Zub was pretty maxed out as th9 and hasn't added much in the way of defense and has most of the major offense. Seems to be patient zero

I'm not eager to get sucked into the vacuum again, but if you would, please indulge me this: if offense did carry weight, how would this be observed in your patient zero (Zub)?

We went through this in April, when you vehemently insisted offense carried zero weight. Just a few shorts weeks after that, moskri leaked his hacked documents, which suggested offense is weighted. Remember that? You responded by urging people to stop upgrading freeze and witches.

You want to see what my most close best guess as to war weight is, this is it. Remember this is my OWN scale that I developed myself.

Inferno 1000 +750*upgrades

Xbow 500 * levels

Wiz 50 * Levels

Mortar 50 * levels

Hero BK 1000 + 10* level AQ 1250 + 10*level

Walls (My own proprietary secret sauce wall score) * 750

+250 per town hall level

Applied over a large data set this gets the entire data set within 0.05% error. There are some noise in situations where people have a large mix of wall levels. I'm working on that now.

I'd appreciate if nobody fanned this out. I've been working behind the scenes on this for awhile.

Edited by culdeus

Take for example our matchup with putayt versus the clan that got 30 stars on us. putat crushed us.

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

So basically to putat we were giving up about 4 xbow levels and 2 inferno levels a base and it was inverted versus "badclan" Both are within the norms.

The question is do you want to make yourself be 19750 with a TH9 offense or a TH10 offense? That's the question.

So are you still arguing that offense counts for absolutely nothing in war matchmaking?

The data seems to bear this out. Zub was pretty maxed out as th9 and hasn't added much in the way of defense and has most of the major offense. Seems to be patient zero

I'm not eager to get sucked into the vacuum again, but if you would, please indulge me this: if offense did carry weight, how would this be observed in your patient zero (Zub)?

We went through this in April, when you vehemently insisted offense carried zero weight. Just a few shorts weeks after that, moskri leaked his hacked documents, which suggested offense is weighted. Remember that? You responded by urging people to stop upgrading freeze and witches.

The moskri documents have since likely been linked to the available loot per base. The loot per base does correlate strongly with the war weight, but it seems that offense mainly counts to how much people can pull from you. The advent of the dark spells has had people more confident in this.

I am interested in engaging on this topic if you can resort to actually making a claim. Otherwise I'd wish you would quit responding. The problem is lots of people have gathered lots of data (myself included) that have gotten the formulas nailed down within the margin of error that is acceptable.

I even developed my own scale to help my data gathering to be sped up. I track our weights, the other teams weights, the war loot, lots of stuff to make the data gathering better.

I put alot of effort into this where you have spent more effort insulting me and making personal attacks than anything of consequence.

I like you a lot culdeus, I think you are very valuable to the clans.

I am not making personal attacks.

If you have it solved, you should be willing to share it with us, and expect your analysis to be scrutinized.

You keep asking me for a claim, and I keep repeating it. We simply do not have this thing solved, and to the extent we do, it can change at any time.

The most difficult thing has been adjusting for the wall weights. There's not a practical way of totalling up people's walls. The ones that are the biggest pain in the ### are people that have a mix of walls over 4 levels from eachother. They #### my #### up bad.

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

The moskri documents have since likely been linked to the available loot per base. The loot per base does correlate strongly with the war weight, but it seems that offense mainly counts to how much people can pull from you. The advent of the dark spells has had people more confident in this.

See this is flawed reasoning, unless I am misunderstanding you.

Let's say offense counted as much as defense. How would your patient zero (zub) appear differently?

I like you a lot culdeus, I think you are very valuable to the clans.

I am not making personal attacks.

If you have it solved, you should be willing to share it with us, and expect your analysis to be scrutinized.

You keep asking me for a claim, and I keep repeating it. We simply do not have this thing solved, and to the extent we do, it can change at any time.

Get a room!!

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

Let's say offense counted as much as defense. How would your patient zero (zub) appear differently?

It's the walls. Zub has nearly all pink walls.

And as much as you don't want to hear this I have never, ever, ever, been able to find a correlation whatsoever between war weight and offense of any kind.

There's never been some sort of outlier where I've gone in and found someone missing some major offensive piece and gone, oh, well that's it either. I just don't think they count offense for war weight. I just don't. If there was a connection I would have found it by now or at least had someone that made me go hmmmm.....

When the source code got released it was actually refreshing, I'd been struggling to figure this out for awhile, but it's clear to me the value for lootable loot is different than the war weight. Why? Who knows.

Edited by culdeus

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

And as much as you don't want to hear this I have never, ever, ever, been able to find a correlation whatsoever between war weight and offense of any kind.

There's never been some sort of outlier where I've gone in and found someone missing some major offensive piece and gone, oh, well that's it either. I just don't think they count offense for war weight. I just don't. If there was a connection I would have found it by now or at least had someone that made me go hmmmm.....

When the source code got released it was actually refreshing, I'd been struggling to figure this out for awhile, but it's clear to me the value for lootable loot is different than the war weight. Why? Who knows.

Soak her walls!!!

Edited by JNox3

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

That still doesn't answer the question.

If they changed the formula last night and offense now counted for 50% of your war weight, how would Zub appear differently to you? How would you detect this change?

Putyat base 10 22750

FBG base 10 21750

badclan base 10 19750

putat base 40 16250

fbg 40 14250

bad clan 12750

That still doesn't answer the question.

If they changed the formula last night and offense now counted for 50% of your war weight, how would Zub appear differently to you? How would you detect this change?

they've only changed the forumula once, and applied one hot fix. If something went really odd I'd pick up on it. I capture fbgs weights every 2-4 weeks or so and I'd immediately know something was up if they snuck something in.

When they changed the formula they added weight to walls and heroes. Their comment in the patch notes was something to the effect of "raised the weight of high level walls" There seems to be some disagreement over what is high level. Pink, clearly is not. I can see some effect of a all purple vs all pink base and it ramps up quickly from there, but again walls are the biggest beating to track. I can't get an accurate count, so it become somewhat subjective.

they've only changed the forumula once, and applied one hot fix. If something went really odd I'd pick up on it. I capture fbgs weights every 2-4 weeks or so and I'd immediately know something was up if they snuck something in.

How would you pick up on it?

If tonight, they change offensive weight from 0% to 50%, what would you observe? How would your patient zero tell you there was a change? You are still skirting the question.

If tonight, they change offensive weight from 0% to 50%, what would you observe? How would your patient zero tell you there was a change? You are still skirting the question.

The storages. What's in the storages after prep day. If they masked this then I'd be screwed. I'd be left with trying to look at lootable, and lootable doesn't seem to tell the whole story because, while rare, you can have people with more lootable, but less weight, most commonly you can have someone with same lootable and different weights. So the math on those is different in some manner.

My focus and everyone who tries to crack this has always been on storage values.

The storages. What's in the storages after prep day. If they masked this then I'd be screwed. I'd be left with trying to look at lootable, and lootable doesn't seem to tell the whole story because, while rare, you can have people with more lootable, but less weight, most commonly you can have someone with same lootable and different weights. So the math on those is different in some manner.

My focus and everyone who tries to crack this has always been on storage values.

Now we're getting somewhere!