Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Clash of Clans (Official thread)

Yeah, this is not really an issue for fbgs anymore. We are majority TH10 now. And our heroes are starting to trend towards the beefy range. We are staring at maybe 10 Level 30 queens shortly? Probably have 3 max queens inside of a month, maybe more.

A clan with early th9 it's a different story. You can get just curbstomped under the current system. There's just no practical way to give us an overmatch except in regards to heroes, and we are about to be immune to that too.

Quattro was almost all early TH9 when I left and we'd draw mostly max TH9s even with 2-3 of ours without xbows.

That's within expected range. Even a no xbow th9 can draw a max th9. Especially one with much worse walls. That's what I mean when I say th9 range is tight.

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

Yeah, this is not really an issue for fbgs anymore. We are majority TH10 now. And our heroes are starting to trend towards the beefy range. We are staring at maybe 10 Level 30 queens shortly? Probably have 3 max queens inside of a month, maybe more.

A clan with early th9 it's a different story. You can get just curbstomped under the current system. There's just no practical way to give us an overmatch except in regards to heroes, and we are about to be immune to that too.

Quattro was almost all early TH9 when I left and we'd draw mostly max TH9s even with 2-3 of ours without xbows.
That's within expected range. Even a no xbow th9 can draw a max th9. Especially one with much worse walls. That's what I mean when I say th9 range is tight.

So then you do agree to build xbows asap?

Any TH9 with half a clue will crush a glorified TH8 ie. no xbows

With xbows, and a moderately decent base design, it takes a competent attack.

• Like 1

So then you do agree to build xbows asap?

Any TH9 with half a clue will crush a glorified TH8 ie. no xbows

With xbows, and a moderately decent base design, it takes a competent attack.

I haven't tried to talk a 8.5 out of an xbow start in months. Actually you can probably find my pivot on this somewhere in Feb.

Ive been against inferno starts and xbow upgrades for awhile. Not the other way around.

Xbow upgrades have gotten even riskier with the proliferation of the pink wall war clans.

Here's the central issue relating to the meta question of whether delaying defense matters.

First off, assumptions and data methods:

The game will try it's best to match your clan's curve +/- 10% at all levels. I quit sampling 100%, but on the matches of less than 20 minutes I sample every 5 bases. I figure that's good enough.

I quit sampling at matches lasting past 20 min, however, we get so few of those I would have sample size issues even if we did have longer match times.

20 minute is supercells own patch notes about their matchmaking. I have no reason to think they are lying here.

For TH9

TH9 war weight is an extremely narrow window. In my scale it's less than 2000. Why does this matter? Well, the tiniest little thing you do can swing you to the top of the heap quickly.

Why is this bad? Well, for one thing coming in from th8 at roughly 13500, placing queen gets you 15000 right away, then it's only 10 upgrades to 17500.

17500 gives you a range of ~19000 to 16000. 19000 is baby th10. 16000 is baby th9.

Lets say you punt the heavy defense and get to the 16000 range (setting aside mortars, L2/3 xbow) and keep walls skull for now. That gives you a range of ~18000 to ~14000 that could be a max th9, yes, but it could also be a very rushed TH9. And a low inferno 9 is NOT drawing a real TH10. Period. Not at least on a 20 minute search.

TH10

TH10 doesn't have this issue. Most people when they hit TH10 set the infernos, set the xbows and max them, quickly. That skyrockets them into their own tier where they will just simply draw bases with max infernos and xbows. That separation is so wide that a max TH9 simply can't draw a max th10. There's roughly a 6000 weight jump in doing this. There's just simply no point in not maxing infernos once you build them. As you can see from the plots the "no mans land" is wide. Odds are you end up there you'll just pull a max base anyways.

It comes down to this in a nutshell

For TH9 do you really think the 50DPS increase from two xbow level is worth the risk you draw a baby TH10? Can your clan handle the baby th10? If so, then fine.

For TH10 it's not nearly as big a deal. There is no TH11 (yet) so there's not some sort of base that exists out there that you don't have troops to handle for at least 2 stars. 2 stars is usually more than enough to win wars in the TH10 range. Not so in TH9.

The worst place to be imo is a max th9 with big defenses and crappy heroes. < 15/15. This means nearly certainly you can't handle a decent th9 base and you are now drawing at least a strong th9 that someone else has to deal with. If you find yourself at max th9 with low heroes by all means hit that th10 button. Yesterday. If you intend to max heroes at th9 then stay awhile.

A little learning is a dangerous thing;

drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:

there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,

and drinking largely sobers us again.

I don't pretend to understand anything in this post other than the last line. Countt me in on the drinking largely portion of this little soiree'

Well yeah, the worst place to be is having TH8s turning into early TH9s. We got really lucky that most of our people hit this phase when you could just pent hound people with a screen lick for 3 stars and heroes didn't even matter. (hell, you didn't even need them really). We struggled for a bit when they nerfed that, but we had enough runway to get our feet under us and sort of plan around it.

It's a really bad place for early th9 these days. In a practical sense it's perhaps 4 to 5 months before they can contribute in a meaningful way (realistically 6-8). And this while half the time fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

Right, Honda guys take note, what is discussed above is "the suck". It fluctuates every week with every opponent. Thanks to Pigskins fore thought of including some weak TH7's I think we drew a layup in this last war but prior to we were running it to the wire against heavily developed TH9's. Aside from a standard GOWIXX, early TH9's don't have a lot of options to compete.

I think as we get into month 2-3 post update we see SC promoting more complex attacks instead of the pound your finger down hog/dragon attack. The GOWiLaLoon is becoming the attack that clears a max TH9 assuming the attacker is competent. A lot of moving parts for folks to learn.

Edited by beer 30

Right, Honda guys take note, what is discussed above is "the suck". It fluctuates every week with every opponent. Thanks to Pigskins fore thought of including some weak TH7's I think we drew a layup in this last war but prior to we were running it to the wire against heavily developed TH9's. Aside from a standard GOWIXX, early TH9's don't have a lot of options to compete.

Anchoring noted. :D

Just to highlight the ####s the clan we are up against don't give, they have their 14 as a th10 with all the infernos, but he hasn't put them in his war base, he hasn't updated his war base since the first air sweeper dropped and his account has gone inactive to the point where you can't even look at his home base because I assume they deleted it.

Now that's some serious don't give a ####.

The worst place to be imo is a max th9 with big defenses and crappy heroes. < 15/15. This means nearly certainly you can't handle a decent th9 base and you are now drawing at least a strong th9 that someone else has to deal with. If you find yourself at max th9 with low heroes by all means hit that th10 button. Yesterday. If you intend to max heroes at th9 then stay awhile.

How does moving to TH10 solve the issue of drawing a tougher opponent than you can handle?

Because you can simply bully th9 with th10 troops and the game is agnostic to this development except for a tiny weight bump (250) for the th which is less than half a single xbow level.

That's how stupid this system is.

As is the case with the vast majority of this thread, that's incredibly short-sighted thinking.

If you are a max defense TH9 and can't handle another decent TH9, you simply aren't very good at attacking. You don't need to go to TH10; you need to improve your offensive skill. Going to TH10 will just mean you'll have more troops that you don't know how to deploy. Sure, you'll be able to bludgeon slightly better opponents, but you'll still suck at attacking. Then you'll slowly improve your defenses and start drawing even more difficult opposition. Will the answer then be to hit the TH11 button?

My stance:

• Fresh TH9: get AQ to 10, use elixir on offense, and put gold into the new non-xbow defenses (and get them to TH8 levels) and into walls
  • Once AQ10: max offense and put gold into walls
  • Once offense max: DE goes to heroes, gold into defenses, and elixir into walls
  • Once max defense: max heroes and walls

A max TH9 with offensive skills can 2-star almost any TH10. You just have to have the patience to get there.

• Like 2

As is the case with the vast majority of this thread, that's incredibly short-sighted thinking.

If you are a max defense TH9 and can't handle another decent TH9, you simply aren't very good at attacking. You don't need to go to TH10; you need to improve your offensive skill. Going to TH10 will just mean you'll have more troops that you don't know how to deploy. Sure, you'll be able to bludgeon slightly better opponents, but you'll still suck at attacking. Then you'll slowly improve your defenses and start drawing even more difficult opposition. Will the answer then be to hit the TH11 button?

My stance:

• Fresh TH9: get AQ to 10, use elixir on offense, and put gold into the new non-xbow defenses (and get them to TH8 levels) and into walls
  • Once offense max: DE goes to heroes, gold into defenses, and elixir into walls

A max TH9 with offensive skills can 2-star almost any TH10. You just have to have the patience to get there.

Printed from work and posted on my Ipad. Thank you

Edited by JNox3

Just to highlight the ####s the clan we are up against don't give, they have their 14 as a th10 with all the infernos, but he hasn't put them in his war base, he hasn't updated his war base since the first air sweeper dropped and his account has gone inactive to the point where you can't even look at his home base because I assume they deleted it.

Deleted last post by mistake. You can get to his base. 13 attacks, 3 defenses, xbows/infernos are loaded, stores are mostly full, collectors are a quarter full

Yes, the war base does suck.

How does moving to TH10 solve the issue of drawing a tougher opponent than you can handle?

Because you can simply bully th9 with th10 troops and the game is agnostic to this development except for a tiny weight bump (250) for the th which is less than half a single xbow level.

My stance:

I don't think AQ10 is worth a damn. I rarely see us, or anyone, and that includes pros consistently 3 star TH9 with less than 20/20. They might be able to do it occasionally, but it's not like they hang 6. And even pros at TH9 rarely get 6 a war. We dont' really have anyone at 10/10 or lower anymore so I don't have a ton of experience seeing 10/10s in action anymore I will note.

This also completely discounts the problem of one hero warring. You go to TH10 so you have offense troops which compensate in some way for having one hero more than half the time. For me that's the single biggest reason to do it and trumps everything else.

This game is damn hard with two heroes. With one it's borderline insane. If you have two heroes alot you aren't really playing or else have a big gem budget. Neither is wrong, but it's worth noting.

I agree -- it would be very stupid for SC to be agnostic regarding offense.

Of course we have no evidence that they are that stupid.

Well, we could look retrospectively at our x.5 and see whether they match with x.0 or x+1, if someone had the data...

If offense didn't matter a lick, then we'd have tons of evidence (internal and external) of x.5 matching with x.0

Deleted last post by mistake. You can get to his base. 13 attacks, 3 defenses, xbows/infernos are loaded, stores are mostly full, collectors are a quarter full

Yes, the war base does suck.

Oh, yesterday I tried to look at his home base and it kicked me out with an error. Maybe it was another of their bases.

Well, we could look retrospectively at our x.5 and see whether they match with x.0 or x+1, if someone had the data...

If offense didn't matter a lick, then we'd have tons of evidence (internal and external) of x.5 matching with x.0

You can wish this away all you want, but one of the two is true

• Either they don't count offense at all
  • Or it's so small that it within the size of one single xbow upgrade

Either way it's not worth worrying about. I've never seen a base stand out as an outlier and then looked at it and noted the offensive firepower being a reason. Now, the flipside to this is that really honestly offense is a very small delta and most people get their offense maxed right away. So finding a max defense base with th8 offense isn't something I've ever had a chance to run across. I'm not sure why that matters. There's no reason to ever idle the lab even if it did count for your weight 5 times as much as it did now (if it even does at all) so not sure why this matters or you seem to usually circle back to it.

I mean if offense counted shuke, with k5/q5 skulls/hound2/haste2/maxspells you would think would at some point jump a max TH7, but he hasn't. Shuke still counts somewhere between a min and max th7.

As a one cannon only buttworms ever was lower that I could recall.

You can wish this away all you want, but one of the two is true

• Either they don't count offense at all
  • Or it's so small that it within the size of one single xbow upgrade
Either way it's not worth worrying about. I've never seen a base stand out as an outlier and then looked at it and noted the offensive firepower being a reason. Now, the flipside to this is that really honestly offense is a very small delta and most people get their offense maxed right away. So finding a max defense base with th8 offense isn't something I've ever had a chance to run across. I'm not sure why that matters. There's no reason to ever idle the lab even if it did count for your weight 5 times as much as it did now (if it even does at all) so not sure why this matters or you seem to usually circle back to it.

There is no reason whatsoever to think that offensive weight would be reflected in the storages. None. I know you wish otherwise and it is a fundamental flaw in your reasoning. You base a ton of bad advice off of that faulty premise.

I mean if offense counted shuke, with k5/q5 skulls/hound2/haste2/maxspells you would think would at some point jump a max TH7, but he hasn't. Shuke still counts somewhere between a min and max th7.

Again, flawed.

I want the past few minutes of my life back. These arguments are stupid. Build your base as you see fit.

The one philosophy you should follow - always be building or upgrading until you can't anymore. If you have idle builders or find yourself upgrading goblins/valks/drags, hit the TH button.

Edited by Beerguzzler

Again, flawed.

In what way?

And why should I care about offense, like at all?

I want the past few minutes of my life back. These arguments are stupid. Build your base as you see fit.

The one philosophy you should follow - always be building or upgrading until you can't anymore. If you have idle builders or find yourself upgrading goblins/valks/drags, hit the TH button.

I'm in this camp as well. Do what you feel makes the game fun/challenging to play. I just can't get into the minutia.

Still appreciate everything culd does for fbgs and think we'd be lost without him.

My stance:

Printed from work and posted on my Ipad. Thank you

You can tattoo it to your eyeballs, still gotta push buttons ;)

:potkettle:

Bolded to the max. As for the other point though, I'm there at TH9 save for walls, I have 4 idle builders but to Clayton's point above, I suck at attacking. And I'm not looking forward to the grind of TH10 so I don't plan on hitting the button anytime soon. This is just me but I think every case is different. Clayton is maxing hero's at TH9 before he hits the button (or so I'm told). I think at the end of the day there are different levels of players across the board who want different things from the game. There are some serious mother####ers and there are some casual players. If you're enjoying the journey don't overthink it.

Doc's right.

Idling the lab at TH9 to max heroes is probably the single worst move I made. Luckily, I changed my mind about 2 weeks into it.

The only reason to stay in that situation is if you have no intention of really farming anymore and just want to do the occasional war and be filthy casual.

Finish the labs you need, hit the button, and always sleep your queen.

Just got to TH8 a couple of days ago from a maxxed TH7. I've got all the new defenses except 1 hidden Tesla.

Anyone got a good TH8 base I can copy? I've looked on all the usual websites and took one from a Reddit post, but it got hit pretty hard and I'm not sure it's going to hold up very well.

Igno2's base in FBG4 has been tremendous. It usually withstands multiple TH9 attacks.
  • Like 1

Hmmm... that's exactly where I'm at now. Everything done except for walls and fart machines. But I'm ok hanging out as a TH9 while I get my heroes to 20/20

It's still relevant for Honda, which is probably why Myk's post the other day had me start down this road again. Regardless, I'm content that we found a good spot to agree to disagree.

Well yeah, the worst place to be is having TH8s turning into early TH9s. We got really lucky that most of our people hit this phase when you could just pent hound people with a screen lick for 3 stars and heroes didn't even matter. (hell, you didn't even need them really). We struggled for a bit when they nerfed that, but we had enough runway to get our feet under us and sort of plan around it.

It's a really bad place for early th9 these days. In a practical sense it's perhaps 4 to 5 months before they can contribute in a meaningful way (realistically 6-8). And this while half the time fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

I'll agree that having a bunch of baby th9 sucks...which is the reason Honda has been struggling a bit of late.

My stance:

I don't think AQ10 is worth a damn. I rarely see us, or anyone, and that includes pros consistently 3 star TH9 with less than 20/20. They might be able to do it occasionally, but it's not like they hang 6. And even pros at TH9 rarely get 6 a war. We dont' really have anyone at 10/10 or lower anymore so I don't have a ton of experience seeing 10/10s in action anymore I will note.

This also completely discounts the problem of one hero warring. You go to TH10 so you have offense troops which compensate in some way for having one hero more than half the time. For me that's the single biggest reason to do it and trumps everything else.

This game is damn hard with two heroes. With one it's borderline insane. If you have two heroes alot you aren't really playing or else have a big gem budget. Neither is wrong, but it's worth noting.

So your advice to a brand new TH9 is to become a TH10?

My stance:

sounds about right

My stance:

Stay at TH9 long enough where you don't leave your lab idle. Farm for DE and labs. When labs are done push the button. Not sure where I wasn't clear on that.

Some sick high level walkshttps://youtu.be/8BujLx8JW1s

Damn

They have some wet dream walk targets this war and I don't anticipate them putting up much of a fight. I mean 3 is a total joke. A level 5 queen with all healers could get 50%. And that's not the only candidate.

I mean if we just knew someone that had a max queen and wanted 25 TH10s to pick from a war to get 6.....

We callin targets on tools?

Want to give this AQ walk a try - will have AQ36 when this war kicks off

Call 12

Here's the plan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEnEbl4YrneZG8yb1pQMktRWTA/view?usp=sharing

Been awhile since I got a 98% one star on a TH10

Plan was perfect. AQ and Golem/BK did serious damage. I waited much too long on Hound/Skull deployment. realistically should have done Hound/Skull as soon as AQ/CC and second AD was going down.

Earlier on the hounds/skulls OR holding back 1-2 skulls for cleanup and that's 3 on a TH10.

Will be my attack going forward. Broken down in 3 steps and it moves along slowly . .

1. AQ/Healers with minion funnel/direction you want to go.

2. Golem/BK jumping into AQ and other AD at end of wall AQ walk. (Adding a rage spell for AQ/healer here when she meets up with this step could take down TH and maybe an Inferno/Xbow)

3. Funnel/Wedge Lavaloon towards Core/Inferno with good timing on rage/freeze

I like it. Step 3 can also be replaced with hogs.

Thx for mapping it out. Toughest part is picking entry points for each step.

Edited by =Smackdown=

Some sick high level walks

https://youtu.be/8BujLx8JW1s

Damn

They have some wet dream walk targets this war and I don't anticipate them putting up much of a fight. I mean 3 is a total joke. A level 5 queen with all healers could get 50%. And that's not the only candidate.

I mean if we just knew someone that had a max queen and wanted 25 TH10s to pick from a war to get 6.....

Call 12

Here's the plan.

3 is almost too easy, plus I think it would make a great lollololol pekka walk for 3 stars. There are too many ways to get that base dead and also make it funny.

98% 1 star.

We can learn from this, i didn't realize the queen could trip queen aggro. threw off the timing a bit. Really solid and fun attack. Well done even if not the 3 we wanted.

If you see a big blob of loons come out you still want to poison them. The speed decrease means they won't get as many shots off and they will tend to clump up a little more so a wiz can kill them.

Also a level 4 poison spell takes a loon down to 10 hp. So it's worth upgrading that to max.

Time to move on fellas.

Th9.5 in fbgs

Culdeus - convo won't change his mind

Channing - not on the boards

War - not sure his intentions

Zub - casual, has a name here but doesn't frequent often, if ever.

Th8.5 in fbgs

Jordan - he wanted to get camp space to 240 then was going to build xbows. Just completed 240

Yank - Thought I saw him mention he was going to start building xbows

Speedwad - casual

PB - casual.

Unless the other fbg clans have a bunch of x.5 and I'm guessing they don't by convos of the past, just let it go.

Satre - The only one listening to culdeus is culdeus, you're wasting your time. A lot of fbg members have been trying to get him to build infernos for weeks.

I never had a set plan. I was holding of on infernos and the 3rd xbox because it helps out war weight, I think? After I upgraded all my other stuff I was going to build them. If everyone thinks I should not wait and build them now I can do so.

What have people found to be the most successful way of dealing with drags and skulls in the enemy cc when doing a golaloon?

Just beef up your hit squad (golem, heroes, wiz) with a couple extra wizards and maybe a heal spell?

If the cc is easily lureable, would you lure it and kill it prior to sending out your hit squad, or let your hit squad trigger it and deal with it later? Finding it difficult to integrate luring and killing drag and skulls beforehand with funnelling kill squad to kill enemy AQ and air defence.

Edited by kevvyd

Culd, where did all this energy go before Clash? You might be one of those guys that gets "into" everything you do this much, but, really wondering here.

I almost feel like I don't expend this much effort on my career and it guilts me a lil.

It's a lot less effort than you would imagine. I have a job where there is a crap ton of downtime. Lots of meetings where I'm on the phone and have to put about 25% of my attention in them, but can't really do anything productive.

I used to gamble on sports, alot. I would develop power rankings for myself, set my own lines, look for edges. I did well. Then got tired of dealing with all the restrictions.

Before that was into poker, then they shut that down. Would do like 8 sit and go at once. Then they shut that down.

Before that was into Civ4. I'd have like 4 games going at once. I'd screengrab bases and plot the next 5 turns while at work, then go home. I'd also shareplay with other people.

etc.

I can get a ton of crap done in parallel. I get bored if I focus on just one thing at a time. I could probably apply this to something productive or more money focused, like stocks, but I don't. I just invest in index funds. :yawn:

• Like 2

What have people found to be the most successful way of dealing with drags and skulls in the enemy cc when doing a golaloon?

Just beef up your hit squad (golem, heroes, wiz) with a couple extra wizards and maybe a heal spell?

If the cc is easily lureable, would you lure it and kill it prior to sending out your hit squad, or let your hit squad trigger it and deal with it later? Finding it difficult to integrate luring and killing drag and skulls beforehand with funnelling kill squad to kill enemy AD and air defence.

Take a rage that if in an emergency you drop on your kill squad. That seems the way all the pros deal with it. Luring the dragon is slow and with the extra hp in all the buildings cleaning up for 3 stars takes a lot longer.

Damn

Call 12

Here's the plan.

3 is almost too easy, plus I think it would make a great lollololol pekka walk for 3 stars. There are too many ways to get that base dead and also make it funny.

98% 1 star.

We can learn from this, i didn't realize the queen could trip queen aggro. threw off the timing a bit. Really solid and fun attack. Well done even if not the 3 we wanted.

https://youtu.be/NhoEy-mUWHM

Post mortem

Edit: I will add on listening to this again, I sound disappointed. I'm more upset at myself for not catching that queen radius, not smack. he did everything 99.999% perfect. It would have been 3 had I just noticed that little hair of white on that north wall.

Edited by culdeus

Culd, where did all this energy go before Clash? You might be one of those guys that gets "into" everything you do this much, but, really wondering here.

I almost feel like I don't expend this much effort on my career and it guilts me a lil.

It's a lot less effort than you would imagine. I have a job where there is a crap ton of downtime. Lots of meetings where I'm on the phone and have to put about 25% of my attention in them, but can't really do anything productive.

I used to gamble on sports, alot. I would develop power rankings for myself, set my own lines, look for edges. I did well. Then got tired of dealing with all the restrictions.

Before that was into poker, then they shut that down. Would do like 8 sit and go at once. Then they shut that down.

Before that was into Civ4. I'd have like 4 games going at once. I'd screengrab bases and plot the next 5 turns while at work, then go home. I'd also shareplay with other people.

etc.

I can get a ton of crap done in parallel. I get bored if I focus on just one thing at a time. I could probably apply this to something productive or more money focused, like stocks, but I don't. I just invest in index funds. :yawn:

We definitely need a DFW cornhole of some sort next summer (when I am hopefully working in the area) lol.

Damn

Call 12

Here's the plan.

98% 1 star.

Post mortem

Edit: I will add on listening to this again, I sound disappointed. I'm more upset at myself for not catching that queen radius, not smack. he did everything 99.999% perfect. It would have been 3 had I just noticed that little hair of white on that north wall.

I'm from NY and in Sales - skin pretty thick.

I welcome the recap - good or bad - want to get better.

Didnt think of dropping freeze earlier - it would have let my AQ take down that Inferno.

So close to 3

Damn

Call 12

Here's the plan.

98% 1 star.

Post mortem

I'm from NY and in Sales - skin pretty thick.

I welcome the recap - good or bad - want to get better.

Didnt think of dropping freeze earlier - it would have let my AQ take down that Inferno.

So close to 3

Well....If you get queen on queen violence then you don't really have the queen head in there on the jump. There's no need so she'd still be way out of range of it, but the point stands that 90% of the time the queen on walk will eventually make her way in range of an IT.

You get an extra spell (drop the jump) and 30 camp spots from the golem that wasn't really needed. Pretty sure that base dies in a fire if I give you those things to play with.

I have zero feel for what their max is. Not really going to worry about what they are up to. It's 7pm in the desert right now. Figure they wrap up most of their activity in the next 3-4 hours. They look to be pretty casual. So expecting some big no-shows.

AQ Walk current thinking

For TH9

Level 20 can get the job done but may need some extra tanking

Level 30 should be enough to handle any TH9 without tanks on the cut

For TH10

Level 31 and 33 are magic levels, just trust me on this. From there a decent TH10 can fall just needs some planning and maybe some tanking on the cut. Lower than that stick to TH9s.

At 40 you don't really need to tank the cut and often times you see people execute "Split hero walks" because L40 queen needs nothing but her ability and some healers to just trash a base.

For laloon walks you want anti air within 4 tiles of a wall.

For hog walks you want to sweep up all the splash damage

For pekka walks you want to try and set a good funnel so they core dive quickly. Pekka walks don't really require a massive queen. You aren't really looking at a 3 star unless you can do a split hero with backside hogs. Leave that for the pros for now.