What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

I think the people that are serious about farming heroes need to stay with 3 star strats. If not serious about farming 2* strats are fine. We need those. But you will always get better if you stay current on 3* approaches and farm heroes. There's not much debatable in that.

The stronger we get the less we can even settle for 2 on th10. We can't be spamming the low 4-5 th10 with weak th10s. Eventually we have to be looking for 3s there.
I dont think anyone is saying to stop working on 3* strats. The issue is that running 3* ideas 100% of the time leads to a lot more fails then we should have. If the base in question is pretty tricky then a gowoppy to start isn't terrible. Then we can evaluate later if we need 3 there.

This would be instead of throwing 4 attacks aiming for 3 and all just end up with 1*.
:goodposting:

We're over thinking this. 2* your equal then either go for 3* after that or 2* someones fail if you don't think you can get 3* somewhere else. Pretty simple :shrug:

We're over thinking this. 2* your equal then either go for 3* after that or 2* someones fail if you don't think you can get 3* somewhere else. Pretty simple :shrug:
It's not that simple.

It's hard to 3-star your equal, but it's relatively easy to 2-star above your level. My max TH9 regularly would 2-star TH10s - even got a max one once. If you plan for the 2-star, it can be easy. If your TH9s have Level 15 (or so) heroes, Level 4 golems - use five of them, and Level 3 PEKKA, they should be able to get any low- to mid-level TH10 for a 2-star.

Having your TH9s go high allows your TH10s to go lower - twice - and get sure 3-star results.

Some huge assumptions we make every war that hurt us. Culd thinks we're facing one hive and thus need to 2 star every th10.

Culd books the culd, smn, tam, shammy crew on the top 8 th9 assuming 100% success and screams we lost if that doesn't happen as the other th10 with experience 3ing a th9 have already fired on th10.100% isn't going to happen so let's not plan for that shall we.

That last war we left 19 th9 stars on the table and lost by 10. Could have picked up 15 of those and got 4 less th10 stars and still won. We're not facing elite clans here nor will we ever be one ourseves so let's just focus on winning the wars were actually in and not the ones on twitch.

Our last 70 days of 40 vs 40 scores without farm wars and clear lay downs.

We went over 90 once and two opposing clans went over 90 once in that time. Adult after hours and 6s &7s. Remember them? Yeah they were elite and we can't beat them so let's not break the wheel trying.

Over this time we have faced mostly 20ish th9 or lower then 20 th10. Math check here? 3 the th9 for 60 2 10 th10 for 20 and single 10 th10. That's 90. That's a win versus 95% of the clans we face. But we seem to think we need to two every base to get a win so take people that could help myself, culd, tam, and sham and put them on th10.

Now along with this we have some guys that odds of 3 on a th9 just isn't great unless they go low. Zub channing acer war. Anything wrong with this? No, were a bunch of casual players but let's try to get some value from them at least. Thus my theory of putting them on the bottom th10. Maybe it fails maybe it doesnt.

Then we have darth who doesn't have a single 3 recorded on tools but takes 3 star attempts all the time. Let's get some value from him.

You get the point, culd is great but he knows more about one hive than his own clan.

If the th9 crew 3 star the bottom th9 then yes please ground the strong th9 as soon as possible for the th10 crew to learn something about the base.

I have no doubt that those 10 guys and yoga/shuke can clean up the bottom th9 but we already have talk about how some of their strong th9 have bad bases so our th9 can get them. Tools shows roughly 6 guys with over a 30% 3 star rate that are th9 and hit other th9s. All of a sudden were going to 3 star their maxed th9 with them? No just no.

Again nothing wrong here and not bashing people. We just have 30 attacks a war that add zero value and we could route them somewhere where it does add value.

My math of getting 90 will change over time and we certainly won't 3 every th9 all the time but we will also get more than 10 th10 2 stars imo. So there's give and take there.

All aboard SMN.

I think this allows culdy to provide a lot more value also. Culd: a heartfelt thanks for all you do for the clan. Seriously man. I could never do what you have done. Now - we can use your skills on gameplay and critical thinking and such (just like the plans for attacks youve uploaded this war) rather than macro stuff. That way all the research you do on game changes and such becomes more valuable to your role as well.

It's not that simple.

It's hard to 3-star your equal, but it's relatively easy to 2-star above your level. My max TH9 regularly would 2-star TH10s - even got a max one once. If you plan for the 2-star, it can be easy. If your TH9s have Level 15 (or so) heroes, Level 4 golems - use five of them, and Level 3 PEKKA, they should be able to get any low- to mid-level TH10 for a 2-star.

Having your TH9s go high allows your TH10s to go lower - twice - and get sure 3-star results.
Not sure there's any need to explain anything. Of course it's better if a th9 can get two on a th10.

If any of the th9 in FBGS had that ability it would be great and an asset. So far none have really tried or shown it.

It's not that simple.

Not sure there's any need to explain anything. Of course it's better if a th9 can get two on a th10.

If any of the th9 in FBGS had that ability it would be great and an asset. So far none have really tried or shown it.
Sounds like you have these options:

1. Try the strategy.

Then you'll know. I didn't know I could 2-star TH10s until I started doing it.

It's not that simple.

1. Try the strategy.

That's up to the TH9.

Shoot_Me_Now said:
Alright folks since our fearless leader threw in the towel 30 seconds in the match yours truly is running the show.

Not much is changing but I'm not cherry picking everyone's base. Find one you like in your range and hit it. Bottom up here as follows.

Four th8s. PB will get two and not worried about the others. You guys will get it done.

Bases 31-36 will have a lot of guys going after these. Above this is pretty much maxed th9 so leaving that to th10.

Craig

Lomax

Cliff

Indestructible

Rcp

Hhh

G1210

Scottish

Odin

Johnathan

Big red

Yank.

Don't venture above base 31 unless those are all 3 starred. Were not winning this war if we dont 3 star these bases. Ideally u hit early but I realize that's not likely. If these get three starred u can snipe high or gowipe for two in high th9 land.

Base 21-30

Smn

Culd

Tam

Shammy

Scott

Instinctive

Jordan

14 attacks for 10 bases. Hopefully we get 9 of 10 3 starred.

Base 20-16

Zub

Channing

Acer? Cool with going ground for 2?

Sml

Wars tenner

Going for 2 here. This allows five "fails" so get it done.

Base 15-11

Cjay

Fudd

Harry

Az

Then I have doc, jason, smack, va hitting top 10 if their queens are up. This will also be sniping area. I put speedwad down for 2 of them on tools.

Also have czar hitting the weak th10 early and hopefully darth go wiping strong th9 early if we can get contact with him.

Ideally we work our way up here with low guys shooting early and it let's people get pushed up into groups higher.

Confused? Ask cuz I ain't proofreading this crap on my phone.
Bump.

doesn't have a single 3 recorded on tools but takes 3 star attempts all the time. Let's get some value from him.
Small point of order here. I don't always record all the attacks. If the war is out of hand one way or the other I just end the war when it's time to start another one. It was, up until the latest tools update, a pain to add stars after the war was over. Not anymore. There's now a simple way to dump in all the missing attacks that didn't get captured.

So saying such and such doesn't have anything on record is probably not super accurate, nor probably is the AAV considering several people that tend to attack late will not get counted at all.

It's not that simple.

1. Try the strategy.

That's up to the TH9.
Raising my hand as a volunteer for the remainder of my TH9 days. I have the troops necessary and one of the highest hero sets (18/22) of our TH9's. I'm sure I'll initially suck at this as an air guy. The only 3 stars I'm putting up these days are layup pents and an occasional golaloon all which are few and far between. I'd rather try this than continue rolling out 1 star attacks plus it'd be good to get the practice in for when I move to TH10.

Clayton - what's your army and spell comp for the 5 golem raid?

SMN - I'm fine with sticking with the 31-36 group or trying gowipes up higher....your call....whatever's best for the team

I have no intention of being the boss man full time. That's too much of an energy suck for me. In this war if 31 36 get cleaned and you're in that group feel free to attack any base with a two star strat or snipe a high th10 for one.

Also it looks like these guys are going to have dragons and skulls in cc so if you're going full air I like to lure with a skull if possible as it only pulls the dragon.

It varies....

Spells

• 1 jump
  • 2-3 rages
  • 0-1 heal
If my troops will take a lot of fire before getting into range of inferno towers, I will bring a heal so I'll be close to full strength before taking on the inferno towers. I will try to save a rage for when my troops lock onto the town hall.

Troops

• Golem in CC
  • 4 golems
  • 0-2 PEKKA
  • Enough wallbreakers to break outer wall
  • Enough wizards to create funnel
  • Enough minions/archers to get all extra percentage
  • Maybe 4-6 hogs or loons to clear out a big section of the base
If there are lots of high-HP buildings near my entry point, I will bring more PEKKA to power through those buildings.

Random Strategy Tidbits

I will often break through outer wall and then jump to the town hall. There are times, however, where you can jump from outside of the base to where there is still a wall between your troops and the town hall. I let the golems bang on the wall and take damage while the queen takes down the town hall.

Look for large sections where a few hogs or loons can take out a defense or two and give your archers or minions access to several buildings.

Obviously, be aware of buildings that can be hit for free by a minion - i.e. they are only covered by ground-targeting defenses.

Be positive about your funnel. If your heroes and/or PEKKA take a walk, you have zero chance of getting a 2-star and will need to hope for a 1-star.

Another method - best when the town hall is very close to the edge

Use a golem backed by a line of wizards on every side to clear a ton of percentage. Use a golem and your heroes to take out the town hall.

It varies....

Spells

• 1 jump
  • 2-3 rages
  • 0-1 heal
If my troops will take a lot of fire before getting into range of inferno towers, I will bring a heal so I'll be close to full strength before taking on the inferno towers. I will try to save a rage for when my troops lock onto the town hall.

Troops

• Golem in CC
  • 4 golems
  • 0-2 PEKKA
If there are lots of high-HP buildings near my entry point, I will bring more PEKKA to power through those buildings.

Random Strategy Tidbits

I will often break through outer wall and then jump to the town hall. There are times, however, where you can jump from outside of the base to where there is still a wall between your troops and the town hall. I let the golems bang on the wall and take damage while the queen takes down the town hall.

Look for large sections where a few hogs or loons can take out a defense or two and give your archers or minions access to several buildings.

Obviously, be aware of buildings that can be hit for free by a minion - i.e. they are only covered by ground-targeting defenses.

Be positive about your funnel. If your heroes and/or PEKKA take a walk, you have zero chance of getting a 2-star and will need to hope for a 1-star.

Use a golem backed by a line of wizards on every side to clear a ton of percentage. Use a golem and your heroes to take out the town hall.
hes not kidding

5 golems seems like a lot, but is the theory here to just split them across an entire side of a base and come in behind them for 50% with hopes of grabbing the th as well?

Do you adjust to furs in case of a single inferno?

It varies....

Spells

• 1 jump
  • 2-3 rages
  • 0-1 heal

Troops

• Golem in CC
  • 4 golems
  • 0-2 PEKKA

Random Strategy Tidbits

hes not kidding

5 golems seems like a lot, but is the theory here to just split them across an entire side of a base and come in behind them for 50% with hopes of grabbing the th as well?

Yeah, I haven't fared too well against a single-target. I usually attack from the multi-target side. I try to funnel all five into the core and tank the multis.

I've seen people use witches or hogs against a single-target.

It varies....

Spells

• 1 jump
  • 2-3 rages
  • 0-1 heal

Troops

• Golem in CC
  • 4 golems
  • 0-2 PEKKA

Random Strategy Tidbits

hes not kidding

Yeah, I haven't fared too well against a single-target. I usually attack from the multi-target side. I try to funnel all five into the core and tank the multis.

I've seen people use witches or hogs against a single-target.
Ya - anything single target is eating me alive.

Good write up. My similar strategy has been very good to me but needs some tweaks now that I'm usually attack above my rank. Will be practicing.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Witches are definitely the counter to single target infernos.

against any good clan, our single target top TH10s get hit with a ton of witches and anybody with down xbows gets some sort of laloon.

culdeus said:
Anyone know what the base 1 last time and base 5 this time is called? Starting to see it pretty often
Dunno name - but I've switched to it for this war.

0 stars vs their #3 with max heros

0 stars vs their #1 with max heros

Then their #6 got 2 stars on me with a BK26 and AQ25.

I had to make a call before work on my army, so I have a GoLaLoon built. I'll take a PM if we need the attack. Sorry, but I can only stick in a holding pattern so long and still be able to get the attack in!

here's what's left that needs 3 and IMO what is needed.

I can skitch up the ones that aren't super clear if needed

22 - Standard 4 corner base. Air is ok but need a air bully th10.

24 - Still like both options on tools for a TH10 hogger. A little risky for TH9 hogs. Air with a suicide king, kill drag queen and pent and pray might work here from a th9.

26 - 2 options th9 golowiwi from south or do it like shammy with a jump and take 3 hounds

31 - this is basically a troll base. Not sure why it isn't tripled yet. a vanilla ground should get 3 here from a th9 just toss in a few backside loons.

34 - stoned goho from south, 3 golems push up under two jumps and trip both dgb spots. Hogs come in from north or 2 finger drop from south to let them work up. Either way.

Probably 3 bully th10s needed and a handful, maybe 4 shots to clear the two other th9s. then pour it all on the th10s because well, that's all that's left.

Culd I think it makes more sense for me and you to add 2 at th10 level. There are a lot of bases still with 0.

Instinctive has a th9 golaloon built

bender

just change my plan for 22 to hogs. you will still need minons to take out that camp (2)

3 healers and hook around the left side with the queen. As she takes out the cannon drop the jump on the gold storage between the wiz tower and mortar.

drop golem and king right there. king gets queen and this pops cc, theoretically full health queen now enters the base and takes stuff down. As soon as the CC is engaged send hogs in from noon and 3. Use darth's scout of the base to guide heal placement where single giant bombs are. wiz clean up the corners once cleared.

Land of overreaction here so going to post this then walk away and let you all decide if you want to try it again or not.

Theyre sitting at 95 right now with a 40/40 hero attack left so could get 96 if they wanted. That would tie 2 other clans we've faced on 40 vs 40 in last 100 days. Have fun getting a headache trying to beat that.

When we gave up we were sitting at 81 stars. Here's the details.

Five attacks that I put in the 31-36 range shot higher (not faulting if your queen was down as its hard to 3 a base without her these days just listing the number). We had about five more attacks from guys in that range and only one th9 left standing there. Potential 10 attacks to 3 star that last base.

We had a th8 with 2 stars still.

Myself, tam, and sham all had an attack left with only one max th9 left. That's easy 3 "easy" stars right there to bring us to 84.

We had five unstarred th10 and a th10 with a shaded base that only had one star on it.

Oh and we only got 3 stars from our top 3 (no biggie bad wars happen to all of us).

We could have pushed to 90-92 here if that's what was called for even with little production from our top 3. Seems like it went alright to me and we would have lost one war a month with those numbers.

I'll hang up an listen but imo this has legs if the th level distribution stays this way.

The simple issue is we just can't get enough th9 3 stars to cover 0 stars in th10s. Our mix just can't cover those anymore. Granting two more of those as throwaways we would have won 19-17 on 3 stars and still needed another 11 stars to win in TH10. #math

Having TH10 hitting TH9s when there are TH10s with zero stars is bad math. Giving up a star each time. #math

Last edited by a moderator:
bahahaha typical overreaction. Those 0 star th10s weren't supposed to be 0. We just had a bunch of fails. Also, if you take the crew that is putting up the 3s on the max th9s and have them attack th10s, then our 3 star attacks will plummet to the single digits. Its a zero-sum game right now with the mix we have. #math

bahahaha typical overreaction. Those 0 star th10s weren't supposed to be 0. We just had a bunch of fails. Also, if you take the crew that is putting up the 3s on the max th9s and have them attack th10s, then our 3 star attacks will plummet to the single digits. Its a zero-sum game right now with the mix we have. #math
Solution?

Users who are viewing this thread