What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Culd you are banned from th9 duty from this point forward. Queen is too strong
Here's my rationale.

You need a big queen to triple TH9s.

You need a big king to triple TH10s.

I've got a rising L34 Queen and a King that I haven't put down in nearly a year now. I think I went BK20 while AQ was 15 then haven't touched BK since then. Sort of forget, it's been a looooong time though.

I think it's going to be for awhile better for me to hit the very hardest TH9s for 3. We have some solid ground guys that just need to get a little more reliable. Plus you vastly over estimate my skills. I run extremely overpowered attacks on bases that simply can't handle it. Remember, TH9 defenses are still ### last I checked. We pull in a few more people that consistently bury TH9s 2x a war then we have bandwidth, as it stands now we don't. And the TH9s aren't getting any easier. It was really base 31 this time that was the first non max 9.

I think I'm aligned with the SMN bros on this. Yes it would be nice, but right now we don't have the bandwidth.

jealous much?
Agreed. Your attacks on th9 weren't even close. Max haste, 30 aq...it was too simple. Time to slide you up and move someone else down. If we lose it will be because of lack of 2* on the mid/lower th10.

Maybe switch with Scott? He is skilled with air and can work with us on the top th9's.
Scott needs to learn how to funnel first. I don't think he's on this board so it's hard to know what's getting through to him. It's hard to find bases now where you can get away with not funneling even at TH9.

Here's my rationale.

I've got a rising L34 Queen and a King that I haven't put down in nearly a year now. I think I went BK20 while AQ was 15 then haven't touched BK since then. Sort of forget, it's been a looooong time though.

I think it's going to be for awhile better for me to hit the very hardest TH9s for 3. We have some solid ground guys that just need to get a little more reliable. Plus you vastly over estimate my skills. I run extremely overpowered attacks on bases that simply can't handle it. Remember, TH9 defenses are still ### last I checked. We pull in a few more people that consistently bury TH9s 2x a war then we have bandwidth, as it stands now we don't. And the TH9s aren't getting any easier. It was really base 31 this time that was the first non max 9.

I think I'm aligned with the SMN bros on this. Yes it would be nice, but right now we don't have the bandwidth.
Is this real life?

Can anyone in the ~3200 trophy range share what they are seeing for loot these days?

Because of all the free -1 cup shields, I've unintentionally floated up near 3500. The loot is really horrendous and I 'next' far more than I care to continue doing.

My theory is that all the modders looking for exposed TH are also setting their scripts to stop at any base with decent loot. And that those modders might be out of range at 3200, so things would get better if I dropped.

Wishful thinking?
I dunno. I farm de without regards to anything else. Most of the snipes on me are guys that show all archers for most part. That's probably what the bots build. Any reasonable deep protection of DE ensures you never get hit. 3000-3400 is the ideal range imo for DE farming. A lootcapped base gets you 4000-5000 a raid unless you just get really unlucky.

:shrug:

Not sure what my all time high was. I think I got close to Ch2 but fell back with no queen.
Yeah I know all about DE farming. Question was if folks around 3200 were seeing decent loot recently, or whether it is really bad, like it has been at 3400+

Used to be that every third or fourth base was DE lootcapped. Recently it's about 1 in 25. I'm getting bored of nexting.

I was hoping it might be worth dropping but if the landscape is the same at 3200, why bother?
I dunno, I mean I've never really noticed any difference anywhere really. 1 in 25 is really bad. Conventional wisdom says the higher you go the more maxed bases you see therefore the more lootcapped bases you hit. Now maxed guys are still doing DE spells for the moment. I think if you did nothing from a max lab but DE spells you'd just now be wrapping up. So there's that angle to things.

I will say in M1 I find more dead bases than champs. :shrug: Doc farms way high and still finds dead monsters.
That could be it (re: your bolded point). Maybe I'll ride it out a little longer.

For several months (pre-upgrade) hovering around 3200, I don't recall getting many (if any at all) of the -1 cup variety snipe. At 3400+, it seems they consitute 2/3 of the snipes on me. You look at their bases in the defense log, and it's clear most of those are modding (crap bases with 3900+ trophies). Modders could also deplete the pool of juicy bases (e.g., "stop at exposed TH or >3k DE"). My wishful thinking was that perhaps that the majority of the modding population was out of range of the 3200 bases, and that more loot could be found at the M1/Ch3 border.

I think I've found one dead base and three snipes of my own since the upgrade. And I've nexted way more than I used to. What I see now is on par with what I recall crystal being.

Can anyone in the ~3200 trophy range share what they are seeing for loot these days?

Because of all the free -1 cup shields, I've unintentionally floated up near 3500. The loot is really horrendous and I 'next' far more than I care to continue doing.

My theory is that all the modders looking for exposed TH are also setting their scripts to stop at any base with decent loot. And that those modders might be out of range at 3200, so things would get better if I dropped.

Wishful thinking?
I dunno. I farm de without regards to anything else. Most of the snipes on me are guys that show all archers for most part. That's probably what the bots build. Any reasonable deep protection of DE ensures you never get hit. 3000-3400 is the ideal range imo for DE farming. A lootcapped base gets you 4000-5000 a raid unless you just get really unlucky.

Not sure what my all time high was. I think I got close to Ch2 but fell back with no queen.
Yeah I know all about DE farming. Question was if folks around 3200 were seeing decent loot recently, or whether it is really bad, like it has been at 3400+

Used to be that every third or fourth base was DE lootcapped. Recently it's about 1 in 25. I'm getting bored of nexting.

I was hoping it might be worth dropping but if the landscape is the same at 3200, why bother?
I dunno, I mean I've never really noticed any difference anywhere really. 1 in 25 is really bad. Conventional wisdom says the higher you go the more maxed bases you see therefore the more lootcapped bases you hit. Now maxed guys are still doing DE spells for the moment. I think if you did nothing from a max lab but DE spells you'd just now be wrapping up. So there's that angle to things.

I will say in M1 I find more dead bases than champs. :shrug: Doc farms way high and still finds dead monsters.
That could be it (re: your bolded point). Maybe I'll ride it out a little longer.

For several months (pre-upgrade) hovering around 3200, I don't recall getting many (if any at all) of the -1 cup variety snipe. At 3400+, it seems they consitute 2/3 of the snipes on me. You look at their bases in the defense log, and it's clear most of those are modding (crap bases with 3900+ trophies). Modders could also deplete the pool of juicy bases (e.g., "stop at exposed TH or >3k DE"). My wishful thinking was that perhaps that the majority of the modding population was out of range of the 3200 bases, and that more loot could be found at the M1/Ch3 border.

I think I've found one dead base and three snipes of my own since the upgrade. And I've nexted way more than I used to. What I see now is on par with what I recall crystal being.
From what I understand most people use scripts to raid now. Xmod is not nearly as popular anymore because it actually requires you to build and drop troops and people can't be bothered to do that.

Get on a twitch stream or two and you can pickup a lot of stuff you don't find in the forums.

jealous much?
Agreed. Your attacks on th9 weren't even close. Max haste, 30 aq...it was too simple. Time to slide you up and move someone else down. If we lose it will be because of lack of 2* on the mid/lower th10.Maybe switch with Scott? He is skilled with air and can work with us on the top th9's.
Scott needs to learn how to funnel first. I don't think he's on this board so it's hard to know what's getting through to him. It's hard to find bases now where you can get away with not funneling even at TH9.
I'm on the boards. Didn't know anything was wrong with my funneling, first I've heard of it. I agree that you should switch with me or someone else to th10-land though. 33 queen hitting a th9 is a bit overkill. I suck at th10 but was decent against th9s.

jealous much?
Agreed. Your attacks on th9 weren't even close. Max haste, 30 aq...it was too simple. Time to slide you up and move someone else down. If we lose it will be because of lack of 2* on the mid/lower th10.Maybe switch with Scott? He is skilled with air and can work with us on the top th9's.
I'm on the boards. Didn't know anything was wrong with my funneling, first I've heard of it. I agree that you should switch with me or someone else to th10-land though. 33 queen hitting a th9 is a bit overkill. I suck at th10 but was decent against th9s.
Most of the strong bases at TH9 do require a queen kill hybrid approach. Some queens are horribly out of position and this doesn't matter but the majority of bases at TH9, and especially max TH9 will not fall to a pure air raid. My notebook for you says you don't pack jumps and don't pack golems. I do take notes on people. :stalker:

Here's my rationale.

1. We don't need 3s on th10s. We need more shots to 2* th10s. You have 4th highest queen such a waste to use on a th9 at this point.

Goes back to cliffs point. Any of our th9s could have 2 starred the bases you hit. That's 4 instead of 6. But we are likely going to have some 0s in th10 land. That's 4 extra stars.

I think I can be counted on to 3-star 1.5 TH9s a war at this point. The only time I've had a TH9 attack fail recently has been because I couldn't get a Hound to pop or I missed a CC-hound that popped at the end and messed up my cleanup. That's without Haste too...let me hit two of the top TH9s each war until my ground game is strong enough to hit TH10s for 2-star attacks.

Do we have a list somewhere of who is hitting in what range right now? Tier-wise? I'm sure it's somewhere between SMN and Culdy.

Here's my rationale.

1. We don't need 3s on th10s. We need more shots to 2* th10s. You have 4th highest queen such a waste to use on a th9 at this point.

Goes back to cliffs point. Any of our th9s could have 2 starred the bases you hit. That's 4 instead of 6. But we are likely going to have some 0s in th10 land. That's 4 extra stars.
jealous much?
Most of the strong bases at TH9 do require a queen kill hybrid approach. Some queens are horribly out of position and this doesn't matter but the majority of bases at TH9, and especially max TH9 will not fall to a pure air raid. My notebook for you says you don't pack jumps and don't pack golems. I do take notes on people. :stalker:
sorry this came off bad, was in a rush. I mainly thought scott wasn't on the board so there wasn't any way I could point him towards videos and stuff. It's hard for me to keep straight who is here and who isn't.

I do sort of keep track of where I think people's upper limit is on 3 star bases whether that relates to the strength of the defense or the position of the queen and/or cc. Otherwise I'd be lost late.

There are just some bases at TH9 that simply will not die to a 100% air raid. Some will, but they are extremely rare and require a bit of luck. I do think if you have 240 and max hounds/golems ~90% of the time you should be able to take out a TH9 short of, as other people have mentioned, overkilling the base and letting hounds live.

Max haste is just too much for TH9s to take. They really have no chance.

Here's my rationale.

Bleh, we are an air farming clan that does 6 ground raids a week. (Doc, exception). Doc is right on this point, as he often is right on a lot of stuff. You don't need big queens to get 2 stars on TH10, people fee-fi-fo-fum our bases with weak ### heroes all the time because I bet they spend all week GiBarching.

If you farm air, war air. If you farm ground, war ground. You get a sense of how things flow that way, how troops move through bases, where you will run into trouble. etc. I wouldn't have half a clue how to ground 2 star a th10. Walls, and springs confuse and frighten me. Would take me months to adjust.

Quick math update, I'll get back in a bit. Someone plan with the following things in mind.

I have them wrapping up around 91. That's fairly aggressive, it's possible they do not see 90.

From what we have left we need

6 more TH10 stars anyway they come

Every TH9 and lower 3 starred but save 2 bases can be left at 2 stars.

That's 93.

Here's my rationale.

Sigh, we don't need more shots at 2. We need more realistic shots from the ones that are hitting TH10 right now. Current war our TH10 are 4/15 at getting two stars and the bottom line is that has pretty much been our average for the last two months. We could throw all of our TH10 at their TH10 and still walk away with 5 one stars or we can go into the war with the mindset to 2 the bottom half with the guys that are currently failing because they go to high for their hero/ability level.

13 TH10 two stars

5 TH10 one stars

All our TH10 attacks wasted

15 TH9 two stars

7 TH9 and lower three stars

Equals 82

Or with the mindset of clearing the bottom half TH10 and we get people to hit a base that is realistic for them and we end up with.

9 TH10 two stars

8 TH10 one stars

3 TH9 and lower two stars

20 TH9 and lower three stars

Equals 92.

When we recognize we have about ten players that can't three a max TH9 and/or can't two a top 10 TH10 with any consistency this would all make sense as you have those 10 players just nail the bottom TH10 early and often.

But let's not be honest with ourselves.

Cliff's gonna 3 star a max 9 general and then it will be on.
My #math is bad on this.

CC Hound

1 L4 Golem

3 WB (could cut to 2 but it doesn't matter)

6 Wiz

16 Loons

3 Hounds

Gotta cut 10 spots. Cut a WB and 2 wiz but then could get wandering heroes? Cut 2 loons?

Cliff's gonna 3 star a max 9 general and then it will be on.
My #math is bad on this.

CC Hound

1 L4 Golem

3 WB (could cut to 2 but it doesn't matter)

6 Wiz

16 Loons

3 Hounds

Gotta cut 10 spots. Cut a WB and 2 wiz but then could get wandering heroes? Cut 2 loons?
cut the wiz, what are they going to do for you? You just need a couple to set the funnel. and the queen can help with the funnel also.

I'd cut 3 wiz maybe. and add a minion

Last edited by a moderator:
funnel for this.

golem down first set it so you catch any springs in front of cannon

wiz on gold and elix collectors, queen on barrcks.

wbs out of range of wiz and mortar. boom.

wait for queen !!

king

profit

culdeus said:
Here's my rationale.

1. We don't need 3s on th10s. We need more shots to 2* th10s. You have 4th highest queen such a waste to use on a th9 at this point.Goes back to cliffs point. Any of our th9s could have 2 starred the bases you hit. That's 4 instead of 6. But we are likely going to have some 0s in th10 land. That's 4 extra stars.
Bleh, we are an air farming clan that does 6 ground raids a week. (Doc, exception). Doc is right on this point, as he often is right on a lot of stuff. You don't need big queens to get 2 stars on TH10, people fee-fi-fo-fum our bases with weak ### heroes all the time because I bet they spend all week GiBarching.

If you farm air, war air. If you farm ground, war ground. You get a sense of how things flow that way, how troops move through bases, where you will run into trouble. etc. I wouldn't have half a clue how to ground 2 star a th10. Walls, and springs confuse and frighten me. Would take me months to adjust.
Just for everyone's notebooks, I farm ground (gowipe with freeze, quake) all day long Yes, you'd think my war attacks would be better, but it's true.

-SML

What clan should i search for? The 4 on the 1st page either don't show up or have 5 or less members
What's your trophy level? That could be causing problems. Use the filters in clan search to turn off the "Only Clans I Can Join" option. That might help.ETA: Could also try using Clan tags in the search field. Here are the ones I have on hand...

fbgs- #8QG20PJ

fbg2 (Is Boog dead?) - #UR9UJVV

fbg3 (Honda) - #8YLLCPPQ

fbg4 (Serious Bus) - #80YJ98RL

Don't forget to use the '#' when searching!

Here's my rationale.

Sigh, we don't need more shots at 2. We need more realistic shots from the ones that are hitting TH10 right now. Current war our TH10 are 4/15 at getting two stars and the bottom line is that has pretty much been our average for the last two months. We could throw all of our TH10 at their TH10 and still walk away with 5 one stars or we can go into the war with the mindset to 2 the bottom half with the guys that are currently failing because they go to high for their hero/ability level.

13 TH10 two stars

5 TH10 one stars

All our TH10 attacks wasted

15 TH9 two stars

7 TH9 and lower three stars

Equals 82

Or with the mindset of clearing the bottom half TH10 and we get people to hit a base that is realistic for them and we end up with.

9 TH10 two stars

8 TH10 one stars

3 TH9 and lower two stars

20 TH9 and lower three stars

Equals 92.

When we recognize we have about ten players that can't three a max TH9 and/or can't two a top 10 TH10 with any consistency this would all make sense as you have those 10 players just nail the bottom TH10 early and often.

But let's not be honest with ourselves.
I am half and half with you here. I think you are right that we don't need more shots in the th10 range, but we do need our best attackers that have the firepower hitting th10s. I don't think me saying yourself and Culd are in that group and have the firepower is a surprise to anyone.

I understand we also do need some TH10s going lower to 3* TH9s. That is fine we have guys that are great at that and don't have super hero's. But even with what we have been doing we aren't leaving only 3 stars in the TH9 range.

Well this should be fun :thumbup:

Maybe try a different gameplan?

Us lowly TH9s will get even fewer 3s (if that's possible...) than normal so us pissing away attacks probably isn't the most efficient use.

Our 10s hit everything from 20 down for 3*; 4 weakish 10s and all the 9s. That gives us 60*. The TH9s gun for 2* on the next couple low 10s and snipe the rest for 1*. We could get into the low 80s with that and depending on how efficient the 10s are hitting the 9s we could have a bunch of TH10 attacks left at the end to go for 2* on the 10s that the 9s couldn't. All goes well, we could hit the 90s.

Poke holes.

Us lowly TH9s will get even fewer 3s (if that's possible...) than normal so us pissing away attacks probably isn't the most efficient use.

Our 10s hit everything from 20 down for 3*; 4 weakish 10s and all the 9s. That gives us 60*. The TH9s gun for 2* on the next couple low 10s and snipe the rest for 1*. We could get into the low 80s with that and depending on how efficient the 10s are hitting the 9s we could have a bunch of TH10 attacks left at the end to go for 2* on the 10s that the 9s couldn't. All goes well, we could hit the 90s.

Poke holes.
Big fan of this.

It's a laughable assertion to think you need a TH10 with 30+ queens to 3 star TH9.
I havent even seen this matchup yet but....It's not about culds heroes for the 100th time. It's about the fact he can 3 star a max th9 with 90% success.

Zub, cjay, war, sml, az....10%.

Teach them to 3 star a max th9 then we will talk.

Take_The_Shot said:
Cliff Clavin said:

Poke holes.
Big fan of this.
We have nothing to lose on this matchup. It may show us some things we can use or it may flat work. I'm in for this. We would need full buy in and people not high-horsin about this or that.

Shoot_Me_Now said:
Beerguzzler said:
It's a laughable assertion to think you need a TH10 with 30+ queens to 3 star TH9.
I havent even seen this matchup yet but....It's not about culds heroes for the 100th time. It's about the fact he can 3 star a max th9 with 90% success.

Was simply refuting his post that to 3 a TH9 you need 30+ queens vs. TH10's need BK's. Can 3 star pretty much any TH9 with 30 combined hero levels.

Shoot_Me_Now said:
Beerguzzler said:

Was simply refuting his post that to 3 a TH9 you need 30+ queens vs. TH10's need BK's.
Who said that?

I said the queen is more important for TH9, king for TH10. This is generally considered a non-controversial statement. For TH9 the King mainly just serves to kill the queen so a low level isn't all that big a deal. For TH10 you need to have the king do more than just kill the queen as often times the queen kill isn't a central part of the raid.

Shoot_Me_Now said:
Beerguzzler said:

Was simply refuting his post that to 3 a TH9 you need 30+ queens vs. TH10's need BK's.
Who said that?

I said the queen is more important for TH9, king for TH10. This is generally considered a non-controversial statement. For TH9 the King mainly just serves to kill the queen so a low level isn't all that big a deal. For TH10 you need to have the king do more than just kill the queen as often times the queen kill isn't a central part of the raid.

Just scroll up a bit and re read your own post - "Big Queen"

For what it's worth - solution to TH9's is Hogs. Oink Oink. Need more bacon, with less splitting of them. Sure some bases don't work, but at least 50% should be susceptible to hogs with the anti air emphasis.

Here's a novel idea. How about we do what pretty much every other clan does and use our best attackers on the TH10. We try to 2 star everything first pass. Second attacks we drop down to do TH9's 3's.

If people don't have both heroes up, you aren't attacking TH10's. If you don't have about 45-50 combined hero levels, you aren't attacking top 10.

And no more bull#### attack with valks or witches unless you've shown the ability to be successful with them.

Shoot_Me_Now said:
Beerguzzler said:

Hey now, I haven't even attacked a TH9 in at least 7 months.

What clan should i search for? The 4 on the 1st page either don't show up or have 5 or less members
What's your trophy level? That could be causing problems. Use the filters in clan search to turn off the "Only Clans I Can Join" option. That might help.ETA: Could also try using Clan tags in the search field. Here are the ones I have on hand...

fbgs- #8QG20PJ

fbg2 (Is Boog dead?) - #UR9UJVV

fbg3 (Honda) - #8YLLCPPQ

fbg4 (Serious Bus) - #80YJ98RL

Don't forget to use the '#' when searching!
That's probably it. I had around 1600 trophies recently, but I read in this thread that to farm I should drop to around 500

So....throwing aside the fact that this opponent has 6 with max heros and only 1 of them has enough DE grab to be legit...

Whats our plan here?

-gowoppy for 2 everywhere and add 3's where we can on second attacks?

-piss and moan about how we are all doomed

-+X

-combination 1&2

-other

(Their #10 has max heros with 414k DE grabbed :unsure: )

Their 2 has a completely max base with 176k DE grabbed.

From the Wiki

Barbarian King costs a total of 2,352,500 DE, which you can get for 66,737 gems.
Archer Queen costs a total of 3,340,000 DE, which you can get for 94,739 gems.

That is 161,476 gems just to buy the DE.

Barbarian King takes a total of 218 days to build, which you can gem for 30,715 gems.
Archer Queen also takes a total of 218 days to build, which you can gem for 30,715 gems.

That is 61,430 gems to eliminate build time.

Barbarian King takes a total of 97,452 gems, or the low low price of $699.93.
Archer Queen takes a total of 125,454 gems, or the low low price of $899.91.

So you can get both for 222,906 gems or $1599.83.

Can someone in Honda get rid of the minimum trophies, so I can bring Luke2 TH7 back in. Thx. I think I'm around 800.

Their 2 has a completely max base with 176k DE grabbed.

From the Wiki

Barbarian King costs a total of 2,352,500 DE, which you can get for 66,737 gems.

Archer Queen costs a total of 3,340,000 DE, which you can get for 94,739 gems.

That is 161,476 gems just to buy the DE.

Barbarian King takes a total of 218 days to build, which you can gem for 30,715 gems.

Archer Queen also takes a total of 218 days to build, which you can gem for 30,715 gems.

That is 61,430 gems to eliminate build time.

Barbarian King takes a total of 97,452 gems, or the low low price of $699.93.

Archer Queen takes a total of 125,454 gems, or the low low price of $899.91.

So you can get both for 222,906 gems or $1599.83.
I would have thought it would be more expensive. If I was single without responsibilities, I would consider it.

Fbgs continues to reach new levels of suck - myself included.

Our match ups the past 2 weeks have been brutal/lopsided. When we have no chance, like this current war I'll be practicing the AQ walk with either skulls, hogs or Pekkas. My timing/placement needs serious work.

If we do get a fair/even matchup any time soon I'll go back to the 2 star Gowoppy's - which I can't wait to get away from.

Users who are viewing this thread