What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

They unblocked Jake. I'm not sure what this means long term. If you watched the lead up you know they reached out to Jake early on and he wanted to drive the war tournament. They said eehhhhh maybe then quit returning his calls.

Then they kept up this nonsense of having pushers run wars when it was clear they had zero skills. No clue about the very first things in war. They shouldn't have been shocked. Their hype lead ins were identical.

Their war labels were a joke. Said things like don't use callers its a waste and try to setup your base to give up 0 stars not 2.

I just don't think they have a handle or care about wars. That being said this new defense is a total war game changer. People that just pick a side to drop 6 golems and some jumps are ####ed. Absolute ly ####ed. Ash went into some nice detail on this.

I like it that they recognize the value in hybrid armies but I have doubts the way they are doing this is the best thought out method. I mean a moat base with the new thing is going to be a mess. Depends on what this new hero is. But likely this hero just neutralizes infernos or something

Their war labels were a joke. Said things like don't use callers its a waste and try to setup your base to give up 0 stars not 2.

I just don't think they have a handle or care about wars.
I missed those comments, but agree completely the war panel was laughable.

Pretty sure they do care about wars as Clashcan was almost completely based around a war tournament. There is, however, a disconnect between Supercell and the current war community and the Twitch streamers. The highest levels of the war community are riddled with modders. Supercell obviously can't highlight these people. Jake and other fair-play YouTubers could be highlighted, but they don't appear to be willing to be corporate shills - ala Chief Pat, M0lt, Galadon, etc. I think Supercell shies away from Twitch streamers because they can't control live content, and the vast majority of streamers are edgier than what corporations want to align with.

I think KoopaTroopa would be perfect if he was in a fair play clan. Too bad he isn't.

Jake went on a pretty big rant today. He said something I hadn't thought about. Sc has for eternity had their big money come in from people nexting through the clouds with every barrack gemmed.

War players don't contribute much and the forever th9 high level war guys that make up most of the high end fair play mwcs contribute even less.

They might actually regret clan wars and want to push the game back to a pushing contest.

The right approach was first finding a balance at th10 so people will upgrade there without feeling pressure. Not setting up a yet higher level where you equip bully attacks. Updates may come for th10 but I doubt it. Probably 11 gets higher level hogs and loons and all the other major troops and th10 stays in this awful limbo where having light heroes means at best 2.

No one knows what segment gives Supercell the most money. Is it people gemming hero levels for war? Is it gemmed barracks hitting next? Is it high rollers getting every new item in each update?

And it's laughable to think they regret clan wars. Clashcon was built around a new clan war concept that will be available to everyone within a few months.

No one knows what segment gives Supercell the most money. Is it people gemming hero levels for war? Is it gemmed barracks hitting next? Is it high rollers getting every new item in each update?

And it's laughable to think they regret clan wars. Clashcon was built around a new clan war concept that will be available to everyone within a few months.
Well tense reading is important. Prior to clan wars their income was heavily dependent on people gemming to push. Read it again in that context.

thx to those guys in honda who were great with advice over the last 11mths. was a lot of fun. moving on to a different smaller clan for awhile.

thx to those guys in honda who were great with advice over the last 11mths. was a lot of fun. moving on to a different smaller clan for awhile.
Sorry to see that Sofa, hope you come back around, enjoyed having you in the clan. The story about your board name will live on forever GB :thumbup:

Was actually a pretty eventful weekend for wars

RWCS beat OH on % by what amounted to 4 builders huts. Came down to a raid in extra time to seal it. Most people I've ever seen on a stream at one time. Jake was on and chatting a bit too as was PB.

The Clash Babes matched with a hit team, not sure if it's over yet or what. Nobody seems to have it.

I got to help coach a 8/9 war between greensleeves and north remembers. Was alot of fun. Even though the side I was on lost (Was giving up 70 hero levels). I did save all the high th9 bases in a video and I'll get that posted here. Some really good bases made. I did a little design work as well.

Reddit Troopers hitting ClashNerds in a mod war to the death Troopers has been struggling a bit as of late but seemed to have it in hand last I looked.

There were quite a few other big MWCs going at it as well lined up with clashcon.

so I havnt been rading much but whats the clashcon cliff notes.. whats new?

also how many of these haloween cauldrons are we getting? one I have is in a bad spot might have to farm it

In all seriousness, what is the balancing issue at th10. Is it just the fact that you can not 3 star a th10 with th10 troops in clan war?

In all seriousness, what is the balancing issue at th10. Is it just the fact that you can not 3 star a th10 with th10 troops in clan war?
In many circles, here inclded, the general consensus is to succeed at th10 in clan wars you need third party support.

Th9 otoh with solid planning and skill max bases can be managed with mid range heroes and max troops.

What the war community was looking for was a way that th10 could be managed as effectively. For now you have the vast, vast, vast majority of the fpc sitting at th9 fully maxed, forever.

They wanted "permission" to move on. So far nothing is out that represents that.

In many circles, here inclded, the general consensus is to succeed at th10 in clan wars you need third party support.

Th9 otoh with solid planning and skill max bases can be managed with mid range heroes and max troops.

What the war community was looking for was a way that th10 could be managed as effectively. For now you have the vast, vast, vast majority of the fpc sitting at th9 fully maxed, forever.

They wanted "permission" to move on. So far nothing is out that represents that.
Ok, I can see that. What were they looking for? You seem to have a good handle on this

My other question would be, why would they be waiting? OK, so you can 3 star a TH9, but your base can be 3 starred as well. Why not hit the th10 button and prevent the 3. I guess I just dont understand staying at TH9 so you can 3 star a TH9

I think you're seriously overestimating the amount of "fpc" and "mwc" there are. Those guys are a drop in the bucket and not the norm.

I think you're seriously overestimating the amount of "fpc" and "mwc" there are. Those guys are a drop in the bucket and not the norm.
I agree they are a small percentage but they are also the most vocal and have the biggest population on twitch. How many people are going to watch people trophy push on twitch?

I agree they are a small percentage but they are also the most vocal and have the biggest population on twitch. How many people are going to watch people trophy push on twitch?
I'm guessing the twitch population is about 1% of their user base.

In many circles, here inclded, the general consensus is to succeed at th10 in clan wars you need third party support.Th9 otoh with solid planning and skill max bases can be managed with mid range heroes and max troops.

Ok, I can see that. What were they looking for? You seem to have a good handle on thisMy other question would be, why would they be waiting? OK, so you can 3 star a TH9, but your base can be 3 starred as well. Why not hit the th10 button and prevent the 3. I guess I just dont understand staying at TH9 so you can 3 star a TH9
You can get 6 but only give 3.

In many circles, here inclded, the general consensus is to succeed at th10 in clan wars you need third party support.Th9 otoh with solid planning and skill max bases can be managed with mid range heroes and max troops.

Ok, I can see that. What were they looking for? You seem to have a good handle on thisMy other question would be, why would they be waiting? OK, so you can 3 star a TH9, but your base can be 3 starred as well. Why not hit the th10 button and prevent the 3. I guess I just dont understand staying at TH9 so you can 3 star a TH9
move to th10 and get 6 on th9 and give 2

move to th10 and get 6 on th9 and give 2
That's just not done. In big clans TH10 dipping down to TH9 is nearly never done except in an crazy emergency or a upgrading hero type situation. TH9s handle their own.

It's also boring. Nobody wants to see TH10 hitting TH9.

No sneak peeks this week. No update next week either. So looking at at least 2 more weeks before it drops, if not longer.

What a complete #### show.

TH9s....here's a video that I found that I wanted to pass on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQu1xMO4Png

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!
Nox, I don't think that's any secret or something new but it's all in the execution. I've never felt comfortable attempting it because if you whiff it's a 0-1 star and leaves us in a tight spot. Maybe the strategy instead of all the TH9's rushing to try this at once we chose 2-3 of us to run these attacks during a war assuming the bases present themselves and see how we do. As those 2-3 get proficient we rotate and do a different 2-3 next war so that we don't all whiff at once and get curb stomped again. Just my :2cents: That allows for the rest of us to try to clean up bases that might not get 2-3 starred and gets everyone some experience trying to run this attack.

I'm with you, getting 2 isn't going to win us wars anymore, welcome to the suck level 2 has been engaged. We've progressed past the pain of initial TH9 growth, this is the next iteration of the progression at TH9. We have 2-3 guys that I trust to run something like this and pull it off now, we have what? 14 TH9's? These last 3 wars are proof positive to me that the game has changed for Honda. The current opponent would be a great one to test this out on. The TH9's aren't particularly well developed IMO, assuming there are bases that lend themselves to this attack of course. I was thinking of it for #3, good example. Chances are good you are going to drop 2 AD's with the assault on the TH, run LaLoon on the rest.

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!
Nox, I don't think that's any secret or something new but it's all in the execution. I've never felt comfortable attempting it because if you whiff it's a 0-1 star and leaves us in a tight spot. Maybe the strategy instead of all the TH9's rushing to try this at once we chose 2-3 of us to run these attacks during a war assuming the bases present themselves and see how we do. As those 2-3 get proficient we rotate and do a different 2-3 next war so that we don't all whiff at once and get curb stomped again. Just my :2cents: That allows for the rest of us to try to clean up bases that might not get 2-3 starred and gets everyone some experience trying to run this attack.

I'm with you, getting 2 isn't going to win us wars anymore, welcome to the suck level 2 has been engaged. We've progressed past the pain of initial TH9 growth, this is the next iteration of the progression at TH9. We have 2-3 guys that I trust to run something like this and pull it off now, we have what? 14 TH9's? These last 3 wars are proof positive to me that the game has changed for Honda. The current opponent would be a great one to test this out on. The TH9's aren't particularly well developed IMO, assuming there are bases that lend themselves to this attack of course. I was thinking of it for #3, good example. Chances are good you are going to drop 2 AD's with the assault on the TH, run LaLoon on the rest.
All I know is GOWIPE isn't getting 3 with the heroes a lot of us have. If you have 20/20 or something like that then yeah sure. But with 10/10 GOWIPE or GOHO sure don't seem to be working. The video was posted earlier this month and I'm sure the strategy has been out there for awhile but it seems pretty effective to me. The video I posted I realize I only got a 1 star but that was with only 1 golem and without the max hound that I would have had in the CC.

If you guys want me to get 2 then I can get 2 easy enough. But I'm not ever happy with it and want to push on for 3. I'll hold my attack until someone lets me know.

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!

All I know is GOWIPE isn't getting 3 with the heroes a lot of us have. If you have 20/20 or something like that then yeah sure. But with 10/10 GOWIPE or GOHO sure don't seem to be working. The video was posted earlier this month and I'm sure the strategy has been out there for awhile but it seems pretty effective to me. The video I posted I realize I only got a 1 star but that was with only 1 golem and without the max hound that I would have had in the CC.

If you guys want me to get 2 then I can get 2 easy enough. But I'm not ever happy with it and want to push on for 3. I'll hold my attack until someone lets me know.
Scrap the GoWiPe and roll with GoWiWi (4+ witches). Much better chance at getting 3* compared to GoWiPe but is base dependant (ie. few compartments).

GoLaLoon takes a ton of practice... some people are fantastic at them, others (me) are freaking awful with them.

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!

Scrap the GoWiPe and roll with GoWiWi (4+ witches). Much better chance at getting 3* compared to GoWiPe but is base dependant (ie. few compartments).

GoLaLoon takes a ton of practice... some people are fantastic at them, others (me) are freaking awful with them.
The spell combination in the videos is different than any I've every heard of using and seems to be effective. It's not the troop composition that's so different. I think that's the main change that I liked about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!

The spell combination in the videos is different than any I've every heard of using and seems to be effective. It's not the troop composition that's so different. I think that's the main change that I liked about it.
This is another coverage of the max attack or M4x. Or what we used to call "the shammy" before someone modified it for th9.

What's great about the M4x is that it makes for a great first attack that instead of being a golaloon that goes for either 3 or 1 it's usually a "2+" raid where 2 is all but certain and 3 is possible.

It's also like the video says extremely noob friendly. Since you don't have any spells on the back end you don't even have all that many drops to worry about. You can't #### up what you don't have.

Once someone has hit a base and failed to get 3 the gb placements are obvious and can come back with a gohog and 3* it fairly easily.

I want to 3 star TH9s!!!
Used three times in the war so far....1 three and 2 two stars. 2 stars were both close to being 3 stars. One ran out of time due to slow deployment. The other had an unfortunate hound/pups killed when hit by air mines.
Getting the backside loons/hogs out quick is critical. Since you won't have any spells you want to leverage any tanking your kill team is providing your loons to buy them time to get to their targets. Basically as soon as you have the CC out and engaged send your backside. Don't wait for the dragon or whatever to be dead, if they don't die from the kill team you are ####ed anyways so rushing that component is more ideal.

I would caution to make sure you have your queen phased over with IF the queen or CC is still alive. If they are aggro to the queen and then you phase her and they drop the aggro you could see them turn around and hit your backside loons/hounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread