What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

so fbgs is down to 35

any of the other groups low enough to merge?
Kind of like it at 35 to be honest. Good matchups so far and no farmers. Not sure what we get out of going to 45/50 again.
I'm with you, Cliff. We've had some really good wars lately. The finishes have been exciting on a couple of them. The mayhem of hhh grabbing a last second 3* to get the tie, which we won. The drama of whether Jamie and Craig (same person? hmmmm) show up or not. Hasn't been this exciting in a good while!

so fbgs is down to 35

Kind of like it at 35 to be honest. Good matchups so far and no farmers. Not sure what we get out of going to 45/50 again.
I'm with you, Cliff. We've had some really good wars lately. The finishes have been exciting on a couple of them. The mayhem of hhh grabbing a last second 3* to get the tie, which we won. The drama of whether Jamie and Craig (same person? hmmmm) show up or not. Hasn't been this exciting in a good while!
this is true.. ignore my merger idea. the 35 musketeers

so fbgs is down to 35

Honda is the true leader now I take it.

so fbgs is down to 35

:boxing:

so fbgs is down to 35

Time to set up an arranged war that will inevitably fail :excited:

Finally hit the button for TH10. What are the TH10 priorities since the update? I'm assuming CC, spell factory, camps?

Also, I've been going back and forth between M3 and M2. Is it worthwhile to drop down to gold/silver to help farm for gold and elixir during the transition, or just stick it out in masters?

Finally hit the button for TH10. What are the TH10 priorities since the update? I'm assuming CC, spell factory, camps?

Also, I've been going back and forth between M3 and M2. Is it worthwhile to drop down to gold/silver to help farm for gold and elixir during the transition, or just stick it out in masters?
Snipes have dried up in masters. Early th10 that's how I made all my camps. I go 2-3 days between snipes now. Ymmv.

Lab upgrade path is pretty standard but I would skip freeze early and do, yes, max lightning once hounds are done if not the very first upgrade you do.

With max zaps you can 3* every th9 on the planet and 3* a lot of poorly designed th10.

BTW the default pushing army for titans has changed. It's now 5 zaps and an eq with all drags. Zap off one aa zap quake another and release drags. Heroes clean for 2. Repeat. This same approach absolutely crushes th9 and you get 3 free spell slots.

Zaps are absolutely overpowering. Never thought it would be this bad.

BTW the default pushing army for titans has changed. It's now 5 zaps and an eq with all drags. Zap off one aa zap quake another and release drags. Heroes clean for 2. Repeat. This same approach absolutely crushes th9 and you get 3 free spell slots.

this is for the 5 people you watch on youtube or every single titan member

The people that matter

:lmao:

:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

This was posted on reddit. It is from one of SC's developers speaking at Clash Con regarding the upcoming changes. Gives a better overall picture of where SC wants to go with the update and the future of the game.

We are going to be taking a very bold direction with town hall 11 both in terms of the visual style, returning to more ancient technologies and mysterious powers that we haven't seen. But also we are going to be taking very bold steps in the gameplay... What I really want to show to you today is one piece of town hall 11, which is the new defence. First of all, in case you are wondering, this ring [around the defence building] is not the defence's range. This is sort of like the mortar: this is where it can’t shoot. You want to know where it can shoot? (The entire map is) where it can shoot. This is going to be the first defence that can guard your entire village, everywhere other than on top of its head.
In the Clash team we’ve been super excited to see how the meta has been developing in terms of the highest level of attacks. We’ve been absolutely loving seeing hybrid army strategies: kill squads, GoLaLoon, GoHo...we really, really like this sort of two-phased attack, where you have one small set of troops that goes up and sets the stage, prepares the village and then your main force comes in and knocks the rest of it down. We want to not only promote that but add new twists, new challenges to that sort of gameplay with town hall 11.
The first thing you might notice with this defence is that when I first start fighting, it’s actually off. It has no awareness of the troops that I have on the playing field. However, as I start to deploy my preliminary squad, it starts to wake up. This is your kill squad, your first attacking force and once you deploy enough troops onto the battlefield this thing kicks into life. So this defence here is going to relentlessly hunt down your attacking force after you’ve deployed your main attack force into the battle.
As you can see, this is going to present an interesting dilemma to attackers. Do you want to prioritize the new defence with your kill squad? Do you want to try to clear the road to the town hall for a quick a decisive strike? Do you want to balance between the clan castle pull? Getting the Queen? Getting some air defences? Your job as an attacker and as a base designer is going to get a lot more interesting with this new key element within the village.
You might be wondering how you are going to deal with a defence that’s that powerful. I will at least tell you that we are going to be giving attackers a new tool at town hall 11 to empower and to protect their armies...
There’s going to be a lot more than just town hall 11: new defence, new content coming in the new update. At the Clash team we’ve actually been taking a pretty hard look at the overall Clash of Clans experience, what it means to be a clasher, what it means to play this game, what it means to be dedicated to this game and there is going to be changes coming across the board. We’re going to be doing an extended sneak peek schedule in the coming weeks that’s going to be going over all of these changes, not just town hall eleven but many, many more things. This is going to be one of the biggest updates that we’ve done to Clash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well zap is my last Elix upgrade in progress. May as well give drags a shot! Sounds like a slow build though.
same as gowipe and uses next to no DE.
If your AQ is awake, the White Walker attack (high-level AQ + 8 healers) uses no DE, and only 100k elix on average.

Plus, build time is excellent. If you back-cook the healers, you can execute back-to-back attacks every 45 minutes or so.

This was posted on reddit. It is from one of SC's developers speaking at Clash Con regarding the upcoming changes. Gives a better overall picture of where SC wants to go with the update and the future of the game.

We are going to be taking a very bold direction with town hall 11 both in terms of the visual style, returning to more ancient technologies and mysterious powers that we haven't seen. But also we are going to be taking very bold steps in the gameplay... What I really want to show to you today is one piece of town hall 11, which is the new defence. First of all, in case you are wondering, this ring [around the defence building] is not the defence's range. This is sort of like the mortar: this is where it can’t shoot. You want to know where it can shoot? (The entire map is) where it can shoot. This is going to be the first defence that can guard your entire village, everywhere other than on top of its head.

In the Clash team we’ve been super excited to see how the meta has been developing in terms of the highest level of attacks. We’ve been absolutely loving seeing hybrid army strategies: kill squads, GoLaLoon, GoHo...we really, really like this sort of two-phased attack, where you have one small set of troops that goes up and sets the stage, prepares the village and then your main force comes in and knocks the rest of it down. We want to not only promote that but add new twists, new challenges to that sort of gameplay with town hall 11.

The first thing you might notice with this defence is that when I first start fighting, it’s actually off. It has no awareness of the troops that I have on the playing field. However, as I start to deploy my preliminary squad, it starts to wake up. This is your kill squad, your first attacking force and once you deploy enough troops onto the battlefield this thing kicks into life. So this defence here is going to relentlessly hunt down your attacking force after you’ve deployed your main attack force into the battle.

As you can see, this is going to present an interesting dilemma to attackers. Do you want to prioritize the new defence with your kill squad? Do you want to try to clear the road to the town hall for a quick a decisive strike? Do you want to balance between the clan castle pull? Getting the Queen? Getting some air defences? Your job as an attacker and as a base designer is going to get a lot more interesting with this new key element within the village.

You might be wondering how you are going to deal with a defence that’s that powerful. I will at least tell you that we are going to be giving attackers a new tool at town hall 11 to empower and to protect their armies...

There’s going to be a lot more than just town hall 11: new defence, new content coming in the new update. At the Clash team we’ve actually been taking a pretty hard look at the overall Clash of Clans experience, what it means to be a clasher, what it means to play this game, what it means to be dedicated to this game and there is going to be changes coming across the board. We’re going to be doing an extended sneak peek schedule in the coming weeks that’s going to be going over all of these changes, not just town hall eleven but many, many more things. This is going to be one of the biggest updates that we’ve done to Clash.
There was another interesting rant on the SC Forum that was actually pretty informed. Seemed almost like he knew too much. Now I can't find it.

There is alot of worry that the war community will collapse under the weight of permath9 being relegated if th10 balance isn't met. That you'd have people skipping TH10 to go to TH11 as a max TH9 to get level 7 loons and level 6 hogs and just fighting as a TH9.75 or whatever for a year and throwing the entire war balance off.

It just went into the idea that SC never intended TH10 to be balanced. They needed to make TH10 3* basically impossible for pushing and TH9 balanced for 3* both to push TH9 pushers up the chain and for war.

Hard for me to find it on my phone and i'm banned from my computer ip.

I'm just sort of resigned to waiting this out and seeing what they have. I do not think 99% of the attackers are prepared for this ion cannon thing. Lets say you bury this thing in the dead center. Surround by multis and xbows. resource ring then dps ring. Hell, I could see putting the TH in the corner and a huge amount of people would have a hell of a time just getting the 50%. You know acers troll base he uses? Imagine that with an ion cannon mirrored on the other side of the base from the TH. At this point right now I have no idea how that would be a 2*. You'd burn up all your dps troops going for the ion cannon and have nothing left for the th but heroes and a few tanks.

Well zap is my last Elix upgrade in progress. May as well give drags a shot! Sounds like a slow build though.
If your AQ is awake, the White Walker attack (high-level AQ + 8 healers) uses no DE, and only 100k elix on average.

Plus, build time is excellent. If you back-cook the healers, you can execute back-to-back attacks every 45 minutes or so.
Yeah, I'm thinking this will be the way I farm out the early stuff at TH11. A little baby giant/wb/archer force to help funnel aq or for % is the way I go when raiding back to back. So basically loon walk/giarch walk back to back 2x and it's pretty good loot even if loot is bad. No de spend at all. I don't really even have to raid much because king is so cheap.

Just did my 1st EQ/5 Zap attack.

Managed to take out Inferno, Xbow & CC before I dropped a troop. TH was also close and brought its health down to about 25%.

Probably brought too much zap? Could have done 4 Zaps and brought a jump to get out of core.

Result was a 91% 2 star - just ran out of time.

I can definitely see Zap getting nerfed.

Yeah, I'm thinking this will be the way I farm out the early stuff at TH11. A little baby giant/wb/archer force to help funnel aq or for % is the way I go when raiding back to back. So basically loon walk/giarch walk back to back 2x and it's pretty good loot even if loot is bad. No de spend at all. I don't really even have to raid much because king is so cheap.
Agree with both you and sartre. No comparison in raiding in terms of resource grabs (DE is ridiculously easy), and not difficult to stay in C3 for the bonus. Been doing it to upgrade the BK, plus start DE upgrades in the lab. Should be able to double up without missing a beat.

ETA: Disclaimer, AQ is L31. Did not try it with a lower level AQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was another interesting rant on the SC Forum that was actually pretty informed. Seemed almost like he knew too much. Now I can't find it.

There is alot of worry that the war community will collapse under the weight of permath9 being relegated if th10 balance isn't met. That you'd have people skipping TH10 to go to TH11 as a max TH9 to get level 7 loons and level 6 hogs and just fighting as a TH9.75 or whatever for a year and throwing the entire war balance off.

It just went into the idea that SC never intended TH10 to be balanced. They needed to make TH10 3* basically impossible for pushing and TH9 balanced for 3* both to push TH9 pushers up the chain and for war.

I'm just sort of resigned to waiting this out and seeing what they have. I do not think 99% of the attackers are prepared for this ion cannon thing. Lets say you bury this thing in the dead center. Surround by multis and xbows. resource ring then dps ring. Hell, I could see putting the TH in the corner and a huge amount of people would have a hell of a time just getting the 50%. You know acers troll base he uses? Imagine that with an ion cannon mirrored on the other side of the base from the TH. At this point right now I have no idea how that would be a 2*. You'd burn up all your dps troops going for the ion cannon and have nothing left for the th but heroes and a few tanks.
That makes a lot of sense. But if that is SC's goal (to make the highest TH level difficult for pushing, but balance out the second highest level), they can certainly do it by buffing TH10's offense just a bit. Like perhaps this new hero will be available for TH10? Or a new troop? Regardless, agree on having to wait to see how things shake out.

That makes a lot of sense. But if that is SC's goal (to make the highest TH level difficult for pushing, but balance out the second highest level), they can certainly do it by buffing TH10's offense just a bit. Like perhaps this new hero will be available for TH10? Or a new troop? Regardless, agree on having to wait to see how things shake out.
They said new hero was th11 only and tweeted it out as much.

Managed to take out Inferno, Xbow & CC before I dropped a troop. TH was also close and brought its health down to about 25%.

Probably brought too much zap? Could have done 4 Zaps and brought a jump to get out of core.

What was overlooked by me and others early is just what an impact the tighter patterns meant. The damage was previously spread over such a wide area that it was hard to really project what concentrating that damage would mean, especially when combined with eq.

So you haven't seen the "asian drag lick" yet in war? It's beyond frustrating both at the 9 on 10 10 on 9 10 on 10 level. Bases can adjust to the queen zap/inferno kill but TH9 are basically ####ed now, not that it was super hard to have a th10 roll a th9 before, but now it's just maybe 12 taps of the screen and 90 seconds later it's over.

What was overlooked by me and others early is just what an impact the tighter patterns meant. The damage was previously spread over such a wide area that it was hard to really project what concentrating that damage would mean, especially when combined with eq.

So you haven't seen the "asian drag lick" yet in war? It's beyond frustrating both at the 9 on 10 10 on 9 10 on 10 level. Bases can adjust to the queen zap/inferno kill but TH9 are basically ####ed now, not that it was super hard to have a th10 roll a th9 before, but now it's just maybe 12 taps of the screen and 90 seconds later it's over.
Have not seen that yet - will check out.

Have been watching a lot of AQ healer/Mass Witch attacks on a specific and very popular box base with camps in each corner.

Hoping to try that one soon.

Also found it interesting that when we hit Level 8 in Clan Perks the donation limit went from 6 to 8 troops. Why skip 7?

TH10 CC's can keep 35 troops - so 7 skulls or furs.

Is it because with TH11 you'll be able to have 40 spaces in the CC?

2 drags or 8 Valks in a CC that can hold 40 would be nice.

Also found it interesting that when we hit Level 8 in Clan Perks the donation limit went from 6 to 8 troops. Why skip 7?

8 wiz = 32

Looks like I'll be sending my kids back to the orphanage.

I'm envisioning a roaming shield type troop. Think Under the Dome in troop form.

I'm envisioning a roaming shield type troop. Think Under the Dome in troop form.
Some combo of rage/heal in an area seems likely. Might be immune to effects of inferno, guessing.

This is the kind of stuff that's scary. 2 Drags? TH8 didn't get a CC bump. I'm betting TH11 gets neither a camp space or cc space bump up. All the power will be derived from troop upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread