What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (1 Viewer)

This is what I've seen as bully attacks a ton.

https://youtu.be/i5aXHtibS3Q

This exact comp absolutely crushes th9 and no heroes are required. This just happens to be a super weak th10, so heroes needed a little. This is also one of the primary pushing comps now.

This exact comp absolutely crushes th9 and no heroes are required. This just happens to be a super weak th10, so heroes needed a little. This is also one of the primary pushing comps now.

So what is the name of the new popular TH10 base, looks basically like

........ ......... .............. .. .... .... .. . . ...... ..... . . . ........ . . . . . . . . . . ........ . . . ..... ...... . . .. .... .... .. .............. ......... ........it seems to be as common as clover/CF10 and "chief pat" these days.
This base is now a 3 star target for th9 vs th10 if air d is low enough.

Main idea is you queen walk off one side getting an air d and an entire side of defenses.

Then based on aird level you zap/zapquake two air d on the flat side that the queen will now be flanking.

King suicides in to get the back air d if the king is leveled enough. rage dragons to the townhall and core infernos.

It's absolutely the easiest 2 star in the game right now. If the air D is maxed you need to extend the queen walk to get two aird by using wall breakers to get her in the camp compartment. that saves a spell and might be worth doing no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:

This might make me push max zaps up lab priority once I'm done with the camp grind. I plan on being on TH9 duty for a while and this is simpler then trying a GoLaLoon every time.

This might make me push max zaps up lab priority once I'm done with the camp grind. I plan on being on TH9 duty for a while and this is simpler then trying a GoLaLoon every time.
It's honestly too easy. The asian clans that do this like 6 times or so that you run into it's just annoying as ####. Zero skill at all required. Beyond dumb that two max zaps can kill a air d one level below max. Before the update 2 L6 zaps wouldn't take down air defense down to level 5.

I'd say try to develop skills over running something like that. It's great for pushing though. (albeit slow), but if you go the moredoor method and walk queen to farm bonus, then have healers back cooked you can get two quick raids in, one for 3* and one for the bonus and keep moving up the ladder if that's your thing.

So COC locked up on me and after messing with it for 3 days (tried multiple things) I just reinstalled it. Currently rocking my TH2 on the verge of getting my new unit: archers

So what is the name of the new popular TH10 base, looks basically like

........ ......... .............. .. .... .... .. . . ...... ..... . . . ........ . . . . . . . . . . ........ . . . ..... ...... . . .. .... .... .. .............. ......... ........it seems to be as common as clover/CF10 and "chief pat" these days.
This base is now a 3 star target for th9 vs th10 if air d is low enough.

Main idea is you queen walk off one side getting an air d and an entire side of defenses.

Then based on aird level you zap/zapquake two air d on the flat side that the queen will now be flanking.

King suicides in to get the back air d if the king is leveled enough. rage dragons to the townhall and core infernos.

It's absolutely the easiest 2 star in the game right now. If the air D is maxed you need to extend the queen walk to get two aird by using wall breakers to get her in the camp compartment. that saves a spell and might be worth doing no matter what.
With no king, got a 3 and a 2 on this base with L4 dragons using the method perscribed by pigeon and others. Bringing back drags like it's 2013. Of course in the mix yesterday I checked on how long eq was to upgrade and accidentally started it instead of max drags.

FWIW Godson put out a video saying healers are taking a nerf in the next update. I can't stand his videos so I won't even watch them, but just throwing that out there.

:shrug:

FWIW Godson put out a video saying healers are taking a nerf in the next update. I can't stand his videos so I won't even watch them, but just throwing that out there.

Sounds about right, just started abusing healers for queen walk so they are due to get nerfed. Same thing happened with hogs, got to lvl5, two weeks of bliss then nerfed. FMCoCL

I watched it... I smiled at the first few things flying across the screen, but his shtick got old fast.

Anyway, he said (just in passing) that they were going to tighten up the healing range for the healer. Shouldn't nuke the attack (I don't think), but will make it tougher to deal with air defenses.

Sounds about right, just started abusing healers for queen walk so they are due to get nerfed. Same thing happened with hogs, got to lvl5, two weeks of bliss then nerfed. FMCoCL
I've been loving the AQ/healer superwalks, but relying on it so heavily, pretty much exclusively for weeks now -- I genuinely worry I forgot what little I knew about other attack strategies. Once they change the AQ AI again, and/or nerf healers, I am going to be useless.

The good thing is I still might be able to 'finish' before the TH11 update, if that doesn't drop until the holidays.

I've been loving the AQ/healer superwalks, but relying on it so heavily, pretty much exclusively for weeks now -- I genuinely worry I forgot what little I knew about other attack strategies. Once they change the AQ AI again, and/or nerf healers, I am going to be useless.

The good thing is I still might be able to 'finish' before the TH11 update, if that doesn't drop until the holidays.
Same here. I typically take 4 healers with me and have to keep an eye on my AQ while I attack with the rest of the army. I accidentally cooked a few extra and took 6 on my last walk and she was indestructible.

Grinding for DE I'm loathe to use any on troops and too impatient to cook skulls or drags all the time, need to train up on the giant-goblin attack ani uses.

Edit to add - stop the nonsense in bold

Last edited by a moderator:

Same here. I typically take 4 healers with me and have to keep an eye on my AQ while I attack with the rest of the army. I accidentally cooked a few extra and took 6 on my last walk and she was indestructible.

Grinding for DE I'm loathe to use any on troops and too impatient to cook skulls or drags all the time, need to train up on the giant-goblin attack ani uses.

Edit to add - stop the nonsense in bold
:thumbup:

I'm assuming she got you a 43% 1 star or something else mildly embarrassing.

So, 35 next war? Sit the guys would couldn't follow simple directions and double potted?
Several of our core guys did it. Seemed ok to me. :shrug. I and others went for stars up top and may have taken their bases. Double pot is ok in that case.
Well we have another farm far since we went at 40.
Why do you keep saying this? There's 36 40 v 40 wars in our log. Ten of them are against farmers/inactives which comes to 28%.

Three 35 v 35 wars in our log and one of those was against an inactive clan - 33%.

You're suffering from recency bias on that war we won by tiebreaker with 35. Our 35 v 35 wars:

Won by tiebreaker

Won by 10: opponent avg 1.82 stars a base, real competitive here.

Won by 40: inactive clan

So we have three wars that several people are using to say we had a "good streak of competitive wars at 35" when that's really not the case. Reality is its about the same as 40 (with the data we have anyway).

Maybe not all that relevant, but I haven't seen a farm clan outside of fbgs. It's most likely the TH mix and not the prevalence of farmers at certain clan sizes.

So, 35 next war? Sit the guys would couldn't follow simple directions and double potted?
Several of our core guys did it. Seemed ok to me. :shrug. I and others went for stars up top and may have taken their bases. Double pot is ok in that case.
Why do you keep saying this? There's 36 40 v 40 wars in our log. Ten of them are against farmers/inactives which comes to 28%.

Three 35 v 35 wars in our log and one of those was against an inactive clan - 33%.

You're suffering from recency bias on that war we won by tiebreaker with 35. Our 35 v 35 wars:

Won by tiebreaker

So we have three wars that several people are using to say we had a "good streak of competitive wars at 35" when that's really not the case. Reality is its about the same as 40 (with the data we have anyway).
Inactive clan? There were just terribly rushed and beaten into submission early.

No point looking back that far. Who knows when/how often the matchmaking gets tweaked.

This week: 2 farm wars and 1 good one.

Last week: 0 farm wars, 2 good matches, 1 blowout.

I'd rather have blowouts (even us getting hammered) than farm wars. Farm war % at 35 = 0.

"We battle frequently but participation is not required"

Go on and assume we beat that level 2 clan into submission. I'll live in reality that they weren't a war clan.

Won by tiebreaker

Inactive clan? There were just terribly rushed and beaten into submission early.

No point looking back that far. Who knows when/how often the matchmaking gets tweaked.

I'd rather have blowouts (even us getting hammered) than farm wars. Farm war % at 35 = 0.
There's no evidence they have tweaked matchmaking since January.

Won by tiebreaker

There's no evidence they have tweaked matchmaking since January.
And there is no "evidence" that they haven't.

Maybe not all that relevant, but I haven't seen a farm clan outside of fbgs. It's most likely the TH mix and not the prevalence of farmers at certain clan sizes.
I think it is TH mix.

What do the war clans run? ~50/50 TH9/10?

Farm clans are going to be almost all TH10.

I think it is TH mix.

What do the war clans run? ~50/50 TH9/10?

Farm clans are going to be almost all TH10.
1/2/1 10/9/8 is typical mix you shoot for in mwc. 8s have been fading away for awhile. So a 4:1 9:10 ratio is becoming the norm and a 1:1:3 is probably where 11:10:9 will settle leaving th8 in feeders. 8s are pretty useless anyways now.

What clan are you in?
I bounce in the rwcs clans. Currently in one for a 100 win event. Getting geared up for a tournament next week. Most of the week just do normal wars and usually people move around on the weekend for events. Just now starting to get heavy in the events.

Users who are viewing this thread