What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Maybe not all that relevant, but I haven't seen a farm clan outside of fbgs. It's most likely the TH mix and not the prevalence of farmers at certain clan sizes.
What clan are you in?
I bounce in the rwcs clans. Currently in one for a 100 win event. Getting geared up for a tournament next week. Most of the week just do normal wars and usually people move around on the weekend for events. Just now starting to get heavy in the events.
events?

Maybe not all that relevant, but I haven't seen a farm clan outside of fbgs. It's most likely the TH mix and not the prevalence of farmers at certain clan sizes.
What clan are you in?
I bounce in the rwcs clans. Currently in one for a 100 win event. Getting geared up for a tournament next week. Most of the week just do normal wars and usually people move around on the weekend for events. Just now starting to get heavy in the events.
events?
hes graduated to the big leagues folks

remember in rookie of the year

henry rowengartner didn't even have time to work on the boat with his friends

:cry:

What clan are you in?
events?
Arranged wars, tournaments, etc.

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.
And this is the second thread. Dont forget about the first one that we trashed so we could keep the first post up to date

Glad Greg didnt bail on that

Cliff-

When you started Th9, did you push trophies right away to get loot bonus? If so, how'd that work for you? Getting rolled at 1800 trophies as a new th9. Tips, ideas, suggestions from all appreciated.

Cliff-

When you started Th9, did you push trophies right away to get loot bonus? If so, how'd that work for you? Getting rolled at 1800 trophies as a new th9. Tips, ideas, suggestions from all appreciated.
From what i remember, early th 9 is the suck. Just keep building defenses. Not sure pushing will help as that will only create more th10s to feast on you

Cliff-

Started pushing because I wanted the 3000 gems for hitting champs/masters and I was getting steam rolled every time I logged off in gold/crystal even with having my TH out. Stayed because of the loot bonus. The nexting can suck when you get to champs and have to skip over 30 max TH10s just to find a TH9 with mediocre loot. Not sure what it is like in M1-2 and whether the trade off in loot bonus is worth the time factor. LaLoonian or AQ walking now so it is worth staying up because of being able to hit any max TH9 and a fair number of TH10.

Lab: Giants -> Hogs

With those you can successfully hit any TH9 for at least 50%. 12-16 giants, 8 hogs, 8 WBs, barch and heals. The hogs also give you a viable war attack.

Would gem heroes as soon as I had enough DE to put them down again. AQ -> 10 was first priority. I think I got to use her for about 10 raids until she got to that point. Never once was I short on DE because of the loot bonus.

At the start of TH9, I'd probably get 4-5 raids in the morning and 4-5 at night. The build is quick and you can sit there hitting next looking for snipes waiting for the troops to be ready. Would only be open to getting raided twice a day.

Acer> I honestly don't recall the last time I've been hit by a TH10. I would bet I get hit by 60% TH8, 37% TH9 and 3% TH10. The TH8s are just snipe machines and the occasional GoWiPe/drags smash from them.

Awesome, thx for response...I remember the success you had in Quattro. Just not sure how you went about it. Have at at 5 now and Giants in the lab

Cliff-

Set a 55 gallon drum of lube next to the TH in the hopes they will grab a dab on the way to your impending colonoscopy

Norv is your other account dead or is there still hope?
Apparently there's still hope.
norv the gates of mordoor has been left open for u in Honda, i think i forgot to lower the trophy level initially when u left FBGS last night but lowered it shortly after. come on in so we can lock up again.

norv the gates of mordoor has been left open for u in Honda, i think i forgot to lower the trophy level initially when u left FBGS last night but lowered it shortly after. come on in so we can lock up again.
You sure are a bossy f@@@ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda bored with work today. Pigskin, how about this....how about we change the rules in Honda to shake things up. Caller....NO. Hit whatever base you want. Cursing allowed. Promote me to co-leader and I'll boot some people...for fun.

Kinda bored with work today. Pigskin, how about this....how about we change the rules in Honda to shake things up. Caller....NO. Hit whatever base you want. Cursing allowed. Promote me to co-leader and I'll boot some people...for fun.
your war, your rules, let's do this.

Cliff-

Tip 1: Collect loot before your shield expires.

The absolute worst thing you can do is lose an extra 100k from your mines and collectors. Know when your shield will be up and collect right before it goes away.

Tip 2: Don't break a shield unless you have enough time for at least a few attacks.

When you log off, you'll likely be smashed for 200k+ each. If you break a shield, you'll need to accumulate at least that amount before logging off.

Tip 3: Only break Tip 2 when you're shield is almost up - within an hour of expiring.

If your shield is about to expire - but you still don't have time for multiple attacks, it's better to break it by attacking. That way, you at least get something before you get steamrolled.

Tip 4: Keep your storage buildings in separate compartments of your base.

It's okay to have an elixir storage and a gold storage in the same compartment, but don't have more than one of each type of storage in the same section.

Tip 5: Use wizard towers to protect storage buildings.

Every storage should have at least one wizard tower protecting it.

Tip 6: Have your mines and collectors outside the walls.

Use your walls to create multiple pockets for your storage buildings. You don't mind people destroying mines and collectors for two reasons: 1. you empty them right before your shield expires, and 2. you want to make it as easy at possible to get 50% on your base.

That's all I got off the top of my head. Hope it helps. You'll still get rolled, but hopefully you won't lose as much loot.

LOL yeah last night it was sort of :clyde:

gangrenengold said:
Cliff-

Honestly, you need to build and upgrade xbows. The notion that you hurt the clan in war matchmaking by doing so has always been misguided and counterproductive. You will simply get abused in and out of war until you build them.

gangrenengold said:
Cliff-

Honestly, you need to build and upgrade xbows. The notion that you hurt the clan in war matchmaking by doing so has always been misguided and counterproductive. You will simply get abused in and out of war until you build them.
:goodposting:

Xbows to L1

New Tesla to max

New AD to max

Other teslas and AD to max

The rest of D to max. Point D for war, splash for farm D.

Max out xbows.

I'm up 100k DE in 48 hours with the Whitewalker attack

10 healers

10 wb

20 minions

2 dragons

High AQ

4 zaps / 1 rage / 1 EQ

Rage dragons onto DE storage, or healers if you mess up.

Zaps for enemy CC, or AA or inferno if it makes a big difference. Most of the time you use 0 or 1 spell. Quick turnaround on builds.

Thanks to culdeus for suggesting wallbreaker inclusion. It turns some clover variants into easy automatic 1-stars with easy access to DE.

I'm up 100k DE in 48 hours with the Whitewalker attack

10 healers

10 wb

20 minions

2 dragons

High AQ

4 zaps / 1 rage / 1 EQ

Rage dragons onto DE storage, or healers if you mess up.

Zaps for enemy CC, or AA or inferno if it makes a big difference. Most of the time you use 0 or 1 spell. Quick turnaround on builds.

Thanks to culdeus for suggesting wallbreaker inclusion. It turns some clover variants into easy automatic 1-stars with easy access to DE.
What exactly is this? Can a th9 with lvl 20 AQ do this?
Don't need to at TH9 (though it would work). Need the raged drags at TH10 because the infernos are typically protecting the DE store which you can't get to AQ walking. At TH9, you can just walk in with AQ, WB (or jumps) and some archers.Unless you plan on hitting TH10s that is.

Loonian vs LaLoonian raiding. Which is better?

Cheaper on DE for loonians obviously but not nearly as strong. I roll with 2/24/20 and have no problem with the vast majority of max 9s but it costs over 1K in DE. Does 40 loons + minions wreck most 9s?

Loonian vs LaLoonian raiding. Which is better?

Cheaper on DE for loonians obviously but not nearly as strong. I roll with 2/24/20 and have no problem with the vast majority of max 9s but it costs over 1K in DE. Does 40 loons + minions wreck most 9s?
wreck, not sure. But definitely works. I ran 24 and 50 I think (does that even add up) and did fine

That should be a boot IMO.
Can't come up with one reason why someone would do that?Drunk maybe?
Doesn't matter :shrug: Even drunk, that means he didn't spend 2 second looking the day before, filling CCs or read the clan mail.
This. I vote kick. We get like 2-3 more votes, I will be happy to pull that trigger.
I'm certainly not gonna lose any sleep over it. Do we wait til he gets his 2nd attack in?

That should be a boot IMO.
Can't come up with one reason why someone would do that?Drunk maybe?
Doesn't matter :shrug: Even drunk, that means he didn't spend 2 second looking the day before, filling CCs or read the clan mail.
This. I vote kick. We get like 2-3 more votes, I will be happy to pull that trigger.
I'm certainly not gonna lose any sleep over it. Do we wait til he gets his 2nd attack in?
Also vote boot.

This reminds of the clan I was in before fbgs during my th8 days. Our #1 guy, a rushed th10, refused to do anything in war other than drop 5 L5 zaps on mortars or xbows and spam L5 giants with heroes. Couldn't even 3* th8's and iffy for 2* on th9's. When confronted about it he said using dark troops or drags/pekkas weren't economical. But since this guy was the clan leader we all had to suffer. Every war strategy made by the group was ignored by him and he attacked whoever he wanted. Drove us all nuts.

Boot.

Eta- I'll do it now. Don't care about the lost attack. Give me a reason not to, or he's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread