What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Maintenance break. Try in 45 mins
Is this....the one?
I don't know what the one means. But if anything of importance were to go down, im sure culdy and his legion of youtube buds would have told us
Before the maintenance break, I tried switching accounts probably 50 times. It worked once. Might be they are broken and fixing something.
Zomg Hi to greg
:bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
sartre said:
culdeus said:
thecatch said:
What combo of max EQ and zaps takes out a CC again?
No matter what you need 5 zaps. whether you need an eq depends on what else is nearby you also want to go down.
Didn't VA succeed with 4 zaps and 2 EQ?

VA just showed me you can pull off the grand slam with 4z2eq. Didn't know that would work to down the CC.

eta: max on both
Oops, yeah. Guess so. I think i saw someone fail on this same combo. So aim is important.

What about a max IT and an aird 2 tiles over? I have max zap, L1 eq.
Probably too far, also people are saying storages can soak up hits as if they never happened. I've had frustration in farming trying to take down an IT and it's next to a DE storage or something and it won't die because the DE storage takes the hits.

Long gone are the days one could zap DE storage, but don't forget you can still zap drills.

2 max zaps will nearly empty a max drill. On a full drill the return is over 1300 DE. Something to keep in mind for those regularly packing lightning again.

Smackdown: Thanks for hitting 21. Why did you use a third jump spell in the middle instead of wb's? You three starred it, im just wonderding

Smackdown: Thanks for hitting 21. Why did you use a third jump spell in the middle instead of wb's? You three starred it, im just wonderding
No problemo.

I have the worst luck with WB - pretty much sworn them off. Mine always seem to attract spring traps, hidden Tesla's and especially mortar fire at just the right time.

Zaps are going to get nerfed IMO.
Wouldn't be surprised if healer on hero action was nerfed as well.
As much as I'd hate to see it, at least one of these two changes have to be made, and probably both.

I am killing it with my current comp, netting upwards of 50k DE per day without a lot of effort. I'm gemming BK upgrade time otherwise I would be sitting on full DE storage 3+ days a week. I've found success in taking Whitewalker to the next level with controlled core dives, which are sometimes facilitated by zapping an inferno.

With a high-level queen, it really is too easy.

Zaps are going to get nerfed IMO.
Wouldn't be surprised if healer on hero action was nerfed as well.
As much as I'd hate to see it, at least one of these two changes have to be made, and probably both.

I am killing it with my current comp, netting upwards of 50k DE per day without a lot of effort. I'm gemming BK upgrade time otherwise I would be sitting on full DE storage 3+ days a week. I've found success in taking Whitewalker to the next level with controlled core dives, which are sometimes facilitated by zapping an inferno.

With a high-level queen, it really is too easy.
But to look back the only real change they made was air mines didn't target healers. A queen/healer orbit would have worked before, but nobody had thought of it.

So they wanted to make healers more relevant again, but to draw them in say one tile or further reduce healing of heroes would make them weaker than they were even before the buff. And you know TH11 will get a L5 healer. Has to.

This is one of those things that I think they hardly have time to even contemplate with TH11 incoming. They have to overcome the overwhelming sentiment that TH10 needs offensive balance. You don't do that with offensive nerfs.

I'm with you. Now I don't even give a crap if the queen dies. I don't really even care. I just let her go in and chew up all the xbow fire and gbs and everything that idiots that don't put their th leave for me to empty costing them hundreds of thousand more gold/elixer. One of my favorite **** moves is trying to get the de store and empty xbows but leave it at 39% if trophies are closing in on the 3300 range and I know i have healers waiting in camps.

I can't afford to time gem king anymore. So raiding is much less frequent. Have 25->26 and should have enough for 27, 4 days before 26 finishes.

If anyone wants a hogging lesson, stop into FBGS for a bit. We are getting raped worse than a chick that says no to Kobe. Almost (will be all soon) all of our TH9 3* by their TH9. Standard build for them is:

3 Golem

12 Wiz

20-22 Hogs

3 WB

1-3 Giant (not all use them)

1 Jump, 1 Rage, 2 Heal

They all have beefy heroes (20+) which helps but it really wouldn't matter much. WB the outside wall. Jump/Rage inside to get AQ and CC. Deploy hogs around edges.
have room in fbg still to come check this out?

I asked around. That clan you faced is an open modding clan.
Someone mentioned in chat that a couple looked fishy. They did seem to have a knock for sending the golems in and tripping all the big bombs but we do have quite a few bases where they are pretty obvious.

So, I tried a 5 zap, 1 EQ on the CC, IT and AQ

It failed miserably

:kicksrock:
I've been happy with 5 zapping the CC and an inferno tower. If you think about all the time your wiz spend killing off a CC hound I think it is well worth it for gowoppy attackers at least.

It failed miserably

I've been happy with 5 zapping the CC and an inferno tower. If you think about all the time your wiz spend killing off a CC hound I think it is well worth it for gowoppy attackers at least.
Yeah, but how come mine didnt kill the CC. Watch the replay
Without even looking at it you probably put too many shots on the inferno. I think the pattern is 3 on the CC and 2 on the inferno.

It failed miserably

Without even looking at it you probably put too many shots on the inferno. I think the pattern is 3 on the CC and 2 on the inferno.
I put all 5 on the CC. I didnt even know there was a pattern

It failed miserably

Oh, well usually people don't flatten the CC because they focus on the inferno, not the other way around. The CC has way more hit points

It failed miserably

Maybe they were a bit too high? I would advise against dropping all 5 at once. That way if you are missing you can correct in subsequent shots. I was able to get both no problem on my two attacks (11-12) if you want to see mine.

Im hoping our recent woes are because people are trying new things in war (aq walk, zapquake, etc.) Our percentage of th10 2* on first strikes feels awful lately.

Im hoping our recent woes are because people are trying new things in war (aq walk, zapquake, etc.) Our percentage of th10 2* on first strikes feels awful lately.
Zappy drags and aq walks are great for weak th10 that punted air defense or put air defense on the edge. It's absolutely not a slam dunk.

Lots of failed GoWiPes. We added a couple max TH10 accounts and have a bunch of new TH10s that can't hit 10s yet.

Don't see many wins in the future with our current mix.

If anyone wants a hogging lesson, stop into FBGS for a bit. We are getting raped worse than a chick that says no to Kobe. Almost (will be all soon) all of our TH9 3* by their TH9. Standard build for them is:

3 Golem

12 Wiz

20-22 Hogs

3 WB

1-3 Giant (not all use them)

1 Jump, 1 Rage, 2 Heal

They all have beefy heroes (20+) which helps but it really wouldn't matter much. WB the outside wall. Jump/Rage inside to get AQ and CC. Deploy hogs around edges.
6* war with this :excited:

Slightly modified build but the same concept/spells. Smash outside wall with WB, jump into core, rage. Hogs round the outside. Can really hold off on the first heal as all the fire is on the troops in the middle.

12 Wiz

16 hogs

2 witches

4 WB

2 Golem

1 CC Golem

Lots of failed GoWiPes. We added a couple max TH10 accounts and have a bunch of new TH10s that can't hit 10s yet.Don't see many wins in the future with our current mix.
Do we trim down? Easier to just boot non fbgs if they are part of the prob. :shrug:

Lots of failed GoWiPes. We added a couple max TH10 accounts and have a bunch of new TH10s that can't hit 10s yet.Don't see many wins in the future with our current mix.
Do we trim down? Easier to just boot non fbgs if they are part of the prob. :shrug:
That would be a starting point but I think even then, we'd still be in the same boat being very TH10 heavy. Not sure why Jamie was allowed back in but he can't even be bothered to bring an actual war army.

Maybe we start going with only guys that have both by heroes up. Doc was saying in chat for one hero TH10 to drop down to TH9 but that just makes our problems worse. Drawing a TH10 and doing what a TH8 can do is doing more harm than good... Unless they 3* a 9 but we don't see too much of that happening.

Or maybe splinter and start up a 10 person clan for some serious warring. Both heroes only. If you have one down, go back and have a more casual war at FBGS.

It's really a decision of how serious we are. Right now we're really casual and it shows.

Looking for details on the TH rush part of a GoHo or Lavloon.

Would like to know what people are thinking on release order and what each piece/spell is intended to do. Looks like a huge mess to me and I can't really follow whatever the logic of the deployment is.

Looking for details on the TH rush part of a GoHo or Lavloon.

Would like to know what people are thinking on release order and what each piece/spell is intended to do. Looks like a huge mess to me and I can't really follow whatever the logic of the deployment is.
You don't really want to go at the TH/CC if you can help it. Lots of hitpoints when your troops could be taking out D instead but of course that is base dependant.For GoHo, you want to get your Golems to where they are going to draw the most fire away from hogs; that's where the jump comes in. I use rage when taking out AQ and CC. Pretty much drop it as the same time I do the poison or jump.

Eta: and you want to send your Golems through areas where there may be double bombs. When I'm incredibly hungover tomorrow and laid up on the couch for the day I'll grab some random bases to explain better.

No idea for lavaloon... I think my success rate for that is about 2%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread