What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Where is the lava hound 5 coming from? Can't find that on the coc forums.
That came from a now deemed unreliable leak. It can be hard to tell sometime what's real at this stage. They are also releasing stuff to youtubers and someone released something they shouldn't that is real, no idea what to think.

Regardless TH11 is going to get new levels of AT LEAST everything that didn't get a new level at TH10. And I would assume the precious GOWIPE also gets a pop in all areas. They likely give a few troops a double pop. I wouldn't have thought Hounds to be one of those, however.

Thinking out loud.

Say you get a shield. Now you have a 12 hour clock to get 3 attacks in without losing your shield. That seems reasonable to me. With a 14 hour shield you could fairly easily get 5 in if you plan your troop timing correctly.

I still think gold/silver will be the place to farm. Lack of snipes in champs/masters or easy 50% will reduce ROI in that area. It could however be a reason to push to titans.

Thinking out loud.

Say you get a shield. Now you have a 12 hour clock to get 3 attacks in without losing your shield. That seems reasonable to me. With a 14 hour shield you could fairly easily get 5 in if you plan your troop timing correctly.

I still think gold/silver will be the place to farm. Lack of snipes in champs/masters or easy 50% will reduce ROI in that area. It could however be a reason to push to titans.
Im failing to see why I would drop from Champs to silver. The bonus alone keeps me steady up here

Thinking out loud.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think many subsist on snipes in champs/masters. Snipes are too far between there.

The loot in those ranges should only improve with the free shields taken away.

Thinking out loud.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think many subsist on snipes in champs/masters. Snipes are too far between there.

I get more snipes in M1 than I used to. Loot is capped. I mean how much better can it get? I mean a 3000-3600DE is every third next. I doubt that becomes 3600-5000 just because this shield rule changes. The difference is how often people come in with a big army.

Thinking out loud.

Yeah. Lucky to get a snipe every couple days now (not including maintenance breaks of course). Still can't think of a valid reason to drop down.

Thinking out loud.

I get more snipes in M1 than I used to. Loot is capped. I mean how much better can it get? I mean a 3000-3600DE is every third next. I doubt that becomes 3600-5000 just because this shield rule changes. The difference is how often people come in with a big army.
OK, so why would you drop then, if your target pool increased?

The only reason I can imagine is if you were worried about defending up there. Losing the tiny amount of snipe opportunities you have had, should make an insignificant difference.

It seems like there will be a whole lot of people who will be under shield a lot of the time. Wonder what it will do to matchmaking
How do you figure? It will be the exact opposite IMO. Your pool of targets should increase more than 10-fold.

At least 95% of players had exposed TH for immediate shields when they logged off. No longer.

This change may be the single best update for the game, ever.
30% is hardly anything. You can collector raid and hit the TH for 30%

That gives a 12 hour shield

ETA: Goblins make a comeback
Not according to what SMN posted

very interested in this 3rd hero

im assuming there will be upgrades to the loot storage as well?

if they increased DE storage size they could add 5-10 more levels to BK & AQ. max out at 300k de for lvl 50 hero

if they increased DE storage size they could add 5-10 more levels to BK & AQ. max out at 300k de for lvl 50 hero
Lots of rumors and lots of false leaks out there but for now it sounds like at least initially they will not add any hero levels. Again, hardly anything is really confirmed yet.

Lots of rumors and lots of false leaks out there but for now it sounds like at least initially they will not add any hero levels. Again, hardly anything is really confirmed yet.
For the love of God, I hope that rumor is accurate.

The way the lootcaps run and all that it would really take some rebalancing and resizing of the storages among other things.

The way the lootcaps run and all that it would really take some rebalancing and resizing of the storages among other things.
How difficult would it be for them to increase DE storage to 300k?

Well not hard but de lootcaps at 72k. You have people with 73-300k that's capped off it will be hugely detrimental to the de economy

Well not hard but de lootcaps at 72k. You have people with 73-300k that's capped off it will be hugely detrimental to the de economy
How so?

How so?
Because 30% more of the available de in circulation will be capped off.

The lootcap issue has to be one of the most complex issues facing them. It's not uncommon to employ PhD level economists to figure out set points.

Lootcap too high discourage casual gamers. Lootcap too low and discourage hardcore. Both have implications for revenue.

How so?
How much DE in circulation evaporates when people with max DE stores attack? How much DE isn't kept when these people when in league that give DE bonuses?

How so?
How much DE in circulation evaporates when people with max DE stores attack? How much DE isn't kept when these people when in league that give DE bonuses?
Lets state it like this:

In the situation where they set the max DE storage to 300000 from 200000 and leave the DE lootcapped at 72000

Today: I raid a base with 3000 DE and net 4200 (with bonus)

This goes onto a pile of lets say 180000 that means 1.6% of my available DE is now exposed.

At 280000 that means 1.07% of my DE is exposed. Billions of units of DE is now walled off due to the low lootcap/storage limit.

To create an equal lootcap to what is in place now you would need to raise the lootcap closer to 4500! And that would drastically change the balance at the lower TH levels. For this reason I don't think they can screw with heroes that cost upwards of 200k. Burnout would be insanely high.

Money talks though and they likely will add more storage and will add more hero levels. I doubt they downscale everything to fit the current cost plan. They have to make the monies.

So snipes are dead? Anyone leaving a TH out will be at 0 trophies the next time they log in. Sniped mercilessly and no shield.

Meaning the only one who leave TH out are ones wanting to trophy drop.

It is going to be challenging for casual players to collect enough resources to pay for the expensive upgrades if they have to lose several hundred thousand each time they get a shield.

Going to have to tighten up that D.

So snipes are dead? Anyone leaving a TH out will be at 0 trophies the next time they log in. Sniped mercilessly and no shield.

Meaning the only one who leave TH out are ones wanting to trophy drop.

It is going to be challenging for casual players to collect enough resources to pay for the expensive upgrades if they have to lose several hundred thousand each time they get a shield.

Going to have to tighten up that D.
im pretty much out then. I have never had or worked hard enough to have a good trophy base.

Finished up a great war. We lost by 1. Had more 3* attacks, higher % and a few attacks left that coulda made the difference. But seriously, way more fun than winning a farm war. And way way more fun than losing a blowout.

Next time!

Finished up a great war. We lost by 1. Had more 3* attacks, higher % and a few attacks left that coulda made the difference. But seriously, way more fun than winning a farm war. And way way more fun than losing a blowout.

Next time!
Agree about better than a stupid farm war.

Sux to lose by one with attacks unused. Better off without Jamie in the long run though.

So, I am the leader of a clan of kids in my class. We have 18 villages and most are th5-8.

These wars are comical compared to what I am used to. Im trying to institute the plus x plan. They all huddled up before period 3 started and asked what the plan was.

Oof. iPad crashed this morning. Was hoping to get home to my backup before war ended.

Sorry

Damn leaking water bottle....hoping the rice trick works

for this new clan, why not go into boog for it and build up their clan level? the guys there can remain and the ones who want to war can war if you're talking only 10-15 serious ones. hate seeing a fbgs clan just hanging out there as a level 1 and since i got my start there it's dear to my heart. not that i will be joining this new venture.

for this new clan, why not go into boog for it and build up their clan level? the guys there can remain and the ones who want to war can war if you're talking only 10-15 serious ones. hate seeing a fbgs clan just hanging out there as a level 1 and since i got my start there it's dear to my heart. not that i will be joining this new venture.
Is there a leader in there that even logs in to hand us some co-leader keys?

Is THIS update the end of Clash of Clans?
This is not the time & place for overreactions!

Funny how many different ways people play this game. In my almost 3 years of playing this game I have never once been concerned about breaking shield and losing resources. Soon as full army is built they crave destruction.

Guess it's why I will also never understand just farming and building everything up without testing it in war?

Despite being pretty hardcore about war I farm pretty casual. Attacks per last couple seasons were in the 150-180 range. With super queen that's really just two back to back raids a day or so and the occasional maintenance break snipe fest.

Pretty sure this is going to hit harder than I would like.

Day 2

In summary:

About Village Guard (VG):

- During VG you CANNOT be attacked, the same as when you are online

- Free VG time activates every time a shield expires (see below for duration)

- Each day 2 hours of extra VG can be purchased from the shop (10 gems, 23 hour cooldown)

- VG can be dismissed at any time, to enable you to take a Defense

- Buying a shield will dismiss an active VG

Personal Break Timer (PBT) / Normal Play Session:

- New rules to reset PBT

- Forced offline for 6 minutes after 3 hours, can be extended (see below PBT Reset Rules)

- Can be extended by 2 hours by purchasing Village Guard (once per day)

- PBT is paused during server maintenance, NOT reset

Automatic free VG when shield expires:

- 15 minutes = Champions I and below

- 1 hour = Titan III

- 2 hours = Titan II

- 3 hours = Titan I & Legend

3 hour PBT resets by:

- PBT Reset with No VG = after a defence resulting in a shield

- PBT Reset with No VG = after no defences in 3 hours (offline player)

- 1st PBT Extension **** = after no defence during 6-minute force break or after a defence resulting in no shield

- 2nd PBT Extension **** = after no defence during the 2nd successive 6-minute force break or after a 2nd successive defence resulting in no shield

- PBT Reset with VG (based on League) = after no defence during the 3rd successive 6-minute force break or after a 3rd successive defence resulting in no shield

**** PBT + VG extended by 15 minutes (time to reload traps / CC)

Users who are viewing this thread