What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Pretty sure I'm tapping out of this.

No more farming = no more playing for me
Care to explain how this will keep you from farming? Sniping town halls will go away, but attacking for loot will be similar. Actually, I think it will be easier to farm. With town halls inside bases, there is less room to heavily protect storages and collectors.
Instead of getting attacked 1-2 times a day, getting a sheild and being able to collect loot from my collectors, I risk getting hit for 100-200k each resource to get a shield or worse, getting hit for 50k/collector raided 5-6 times before finally getting a shield.
Spread your collectors around the entirety of your base so attackers will have to destroy huts, camps, barracks, etc along with the collectors. It should be very hard for someone to empty your collectors without getting 30% of your base. It's not like the attacker will be watching the percentage and end at 29 when collector loot is still sitting there.
Who ever logs off with stuff in their collectors? Or are you suggesting never pickup collectors?
Harry worried about "getting hit for 50k/collector raided 5-6 times before finally getting a shield". I say that's not a worry if your base is properly constructed. If someone goes for your storages, they will surely get 30%.
Ok, so I lose 100-200k when they hit my storages instead of losing 1k when they snipe my TH.

How do you not see that as a problem for a farmer?

Also, what happens when people drop their queen and some healers (less than 50% of a full army) and takes 3k of my DE 4-5 times over a day?

No one is going to use less than 50% of an army and take a TH10's DE, as long as he has infernos up and the DE is centralized.

TH9, on the other hand....

Ok, so I lose 100-200k when they hit my storages instead of losing 1k when they snipe my TH.

Also, what happens when people drop their queen and some healers (less than 50% of a full army) and takes 3k of my DE 4-5 times over a day?
I think at least part of the answer is that your offense will see a gain in the amount of loot and the number of bases you can hit when you are raiding will offset this. Your statements are true, but ignore the potential gains when you are the one on the other side doing the attacking. Less time between hitting next and seeing much bigger loot base sounds alright to me, but again the casual players will ultimately suffer and be weeded out.

Clarification, I thought I understood that getting 30% as a attacker will give me a star, is that not true?

I think at least part of the answer is that your offense will see a gain in the amount of loot and the number of bases you can hit when you are raiding will offset this. Your statements are true, but ignore the potential gains when you are the one on the other side doing the attacking. Less time between hitting next and seeing much bigger loot base sounds alright to me, but again the casual players will ultimately suffer and be weeded out.

Clarification, I thought I understood that getting 30% as a attacker will give me a star, is that not true?
I raid maybe once a day.

The guy that raids 3-4 times a day AND those that boost barracks get a slight bump.

Those that raid 1-2 times a day get a haircut here.

What is TBD is whether low leagues also get a haircut. Given they are allowing titans members to raid for 3 hours FOR FREE indicates they want to drive people up to the higher leagues. I mean for sure you don't want to be anywhere close to where a titans league member could hit you.

Acer had the same misunderstanding. As an attacker, nothing has changed (as of yet). You still need 50% or the TH for a star.
Right now, or post-update?
Post-update...nothing (as of yet) has changed for gaining stars while attacking.

But that could certainly change as there are like 2 weeks of updates being announced.

The guy that raids 3-4 times a day AND those that boost barracks get a slight bump.

Those that raid 1-2 times a day get a haircut here.

What is TBD is whether low leagues also get a haircut. Given they are allowing titans members to raid for 3 hours FOR FREE indicates they want to drive people up to the higher leagues. I mean for sure you don't want to be anywhere close to where a titans league member could hit you.
It might also push those that raid 1-2 times a day to raid a bit more. Attacking doesn't completely remove your shield with this new system, and you can browse bases without penalty. In this system, casual players can hop on, browse some bases, and hit one that is "worth it". Currently, they have to break their entire shield to even browse, which they will never do, and gives them incentive to only attack 1-2 times a day.

Harry and Acer, does that understanding make you more likely to raid or more likely to quit? Or are you only able to raid 1-2 times a day due to time, regardless of game mechanics?

Last edited by a moderator:
Acer had the same misunderstanding. As an attacker, nothing has changed (as of yet). You still need 50% or the TH for a star.
Right now, or post-update?
Post-update...nothing (as of yet) has changed for gaining stars while attacking.

But that could certainly change as there are like 2 weeks of updates being announced.
Got ya. I misunderstood your explanation of a misunderstanding... :doh:

I raid once or twice in the morning, logoff, get my 12 hour shield, raid again once or twice before it runs out at night. These changes helping or hurting?

I raid once or twice in the morning, logoff, get my 12 hour shield, raid again once or twice before it runs out at night. These changes helping or hurting?
Yeah, in this situation it will hurt since you will be exposed to an actual raid each time instead of being insta-sniped.

This is going to depend on how they change the league loot bonus structure,and what league you farm in. As is, today, with the current structure you will be treading water and better off just picking up collectors if you raid in gold/silver. In master/champs you could still be +EV. This update today is particularly hard on TH9 who is the most easy to superqueen.

Wars will still have value. It's just a matter of whether it's worth it to push to higher levels on stuff. I have shuke setup as a free loot base and never attacks and still has enough loot to make war armies on occasion. Hell, even as a free loot base has still managed to keep doing lab and hero upgrades.

No one is going to use less than 50% of an army and take a TH10's DE, as long as he has infernos up and the DE is centralized.

TH9, on the other hand....
So you've never seen a Super Queen attack, huh?
I run the superqueen as well as anyone. While your farm base is a prime superqueen candidate (the only way to make it easier is if you put your AD in the outer compartments), it would be very difficult to take your DE storage with fewer than 120 troop spaces. Frankly I doubt any would try.

If they make it that much more difficult to farm enough DE to upgrade these heroes then I don't see myself playing much longer. I don't mind losing 2500 knowing that if i put in an hour or two of work and I can make more than enough back. But if its anyway possible to be hit for 2500 2 or 3 times in a row then #### that.
Can your DE storage be taken without the attacker destroying at least 30%?

That is the only way you could get hit for 2500 multiple times consecutively.

This is going to depend on how they change the league loot bonus structure
I agree with your premonition this will change. I actually expected it with the introduction of titan/legend leagues. There's a steep slope of bonus increases as you climb to Champs3, then it really flattens out. That structure doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they make it that much more difficult to farm enough DE to upgrade these heroes then I don't see myself playing much longer. I don't mind losing 2500 knowing that if i put in an hour or two of work and I can make more than enough back. But if its anyway possible to be hit for 2500 2 or 3 times in a row then #### that.

They also have to deploy 50% of troops. Again, this is probably a small point and not really a concern.

They also have to deploy 50% of troops. Again, this is probably a small point and not really a concern.
If someone can take your DE storage without taking 30% of the base and without using 50% of their troops, then you deserve to have your DE taken. And I mean all of your DE.

Seems to me the casual player will be boosted significantly by not losing his shield by attacking once. It is often that I have 8+ hours on a shield but only 10-15 minutes available. In the past, I wouldn't search for a base to hit, but I would under the new rules. Then I can remember to get another raid in near the end of my shield, so that's two attacks when I used to only get one.

I am in a similar casual situation as above.

It will probably come down to how much you lose to get a shield...it will be more than before but how much more?

Wars will still have value. It's just a matter of whether it's worth it to push to higher levels on stuff. I have shuke setup as a free loot base and never attacks and still has enough loot to make war armies on occasion. Hell, even as a free loot base has still managed to keep doing lab and hero upgrades.
Great posting. If you just log on and empty collectors, your resources will grow.

Anyway, I don't understand why people who barely play are complaining. You barely play.

I'm reading through and can honestly say at this point, im clueless. Fudd said it best. It depends on how much I'm losing each time. The way it stands right now, I am pumping elix into walls since I am completely finished with elix upgrades. I can see a super queen getting my DE with around 30% if things go right for them. I disagree with clayton that I should have it taken then.

Im not ready to quit, but if I lose more than 300,000 a day in gold and 3,000 DE on a daily basis, ill probably be out.

To put it in perspective. In the last 12 days, 9 hours and 46 minutes I have lost a total of 400,000 gold, 360,000 elix and 49 DE (not 490 or 4900, just 49. Feel like charlie and the chocolate factory)

I'm reading through and can honestly say at this point, im clueless. Fudd said it best. It depends on how much I'm losing each time. The way it stands right now, I am pumping elix into walls since I am completely finished with elix upgrades. I can see a super queen getting my DE with around 30% if things go right for them. I disagree with clayton that I should have it taken then.

Im not ready to quit, but if I lose more than 300,000 a day in gold and 3,000 DE on a daily basis, ill probably be out.

To put it in perspective. In the last 12 days, 9 hours and 46 minutes I have lost a total of 400,000 gold, 360,000 elix and 49 DE (not 490 or 4900, just 49. Feel like charlie and the chocolate factory)
I haven't lost any DE in the last 7d19h, due to people quickly sniping me everytime I log off. This includes two days where (due to work and life) I failed to empty my collectors. I can afford to lose more than that. I'm interested to see the new rules in action, even if they don't help me.

If anyone wants a hogging lesson, stop into FBGS for a bit. We are getting raped worse than a chick that says no to Kobe. Almost (will be all soon) all of our TH9 3* by their TH9. Standard build for them is:

3 Golem

12 Wiz

20-22 Hogs

3 WB

1-3 Giant (not all use them)

1 Jump, 1 Rage, 2 Heal

They all have beefy heroes (20+) which helps but it really wouldn't matter much. WB the outside wall. Jump/Rage inside to get AQ and CC. Deploy hogs around edges.
6* war with this :excited: Slightly modified build but the same concept/spells. Smash outside wall with WB, jump into core, rage. Hogs round the outside. Can really hold off on the first heal as all the fire is on the troops in the middle.

12 Wiz

16 hogs

2 witches

4 WB

2 Golem

1 CC Golem
4 for 5 with this and the fail was still 75% 2*. Gold Jerry, gold!

The Future Champs said:
AcerFC said:

I haven't lost any DE in the last 7d19h, due to people quickly sniping me everytime I log off. This includes two days where (due to work and life) I failed to empty my collectors. I can afford to lose more than that. I'm interested to see the new rules in action, even if they don't help me.
I see about the same type of loss. This update appears to be focused on "fixing" this lopsided problem. I can't imagine thaf a game based on attacking and stealing would originally have been designed so that the most precious resource never gets taken.

Put it this way, if the game never allowed free shields, would you have played it?

The Future Champs said:
AcerFC said:

Do you two have DE drills heavily protected?

The Future Champs said:
AcerFC said:

Do you two have DE drills heavily protected?
Mine are inside walls but I would not say heavily protected

I brought my TH inside to test it out just to see

First attack was a 60% 2 star getting 207,000 gold, 99,000 elix and all the DE I offered at 1,000

So I would have gotten a shield but lost more DE than I have in a month

I didnt farm exclusively until TH9 so I cant say what I would have done if there were no free shield

What I will say is that I still enjoy playing, even if its only attacking twice a day. I loved that I could log on and I knew every morning and every night I would empty 200,000 worth of resources and 3,000 DE. It kept me building defenses and financed every elix upgrade in my lab.

Now if I can attack 3 times for every one, maybe it comes out even. Who knows. But I loved the free shield and not losing any DE. My AQ is going to 29 and then 30. No way that happens as quickly if I dont have free shields, I know that is not what SC wants, I get it. However, they may lose me if I cant continue to gain and keep resources

Some jerkwad revenged me with 4 golems and wiped me out for the cap. Take that out and I have 248 de lost total in my log.

I have never seen an overhaul to a game like this one ever

Im sure it has happened, but holy cow. Its not even Clash of Clans anymore

The first set of changes involves the Town Hall becoming a primary loot target. Even Trophy pushers should take note of the last item on this list!

• Available loot is now distributed to the Town Hall as well as storages (maximum loot is unchanged)
  • Town Halls contain a share of loot equal to one Gold Storage, one Elixir Storage and 1/4 Dark Elixir storage
  • The Town Hall is now looted only when it is completely destroyed by an attacker
  • Town Hall Gold, Elixir and Dark Elixir storage increases by Town Hall Level
  • The Town Hall and Clan Castle now count as resource buildings, so Goblins can target them for double damage
Also for the loot hunters comes changes to the League Bonus system to make it worth more, but only if you attack well:

• All League Bonuses have been significantly increased
  • League Bonus loot is now progressive from 0% to 100%, based on destruction percentage of a victorious attack
  • 100% League Bonus is earned at 70% destruction
Also, the Trophy pushers out there will be seeing some much needed rebalancing of high-level Trophy offers. High-level players will be gaining more Trophies from attacks and losing less from defense:

• Trophy offers of defenders with less Trophies now increase based on total Trophy count
  • Trophy offers of defenders with more Trophies now decrease based on total Trophy count
Finally, there are some general-purpose multiplayer matchmaking changes to support all the rest:

• Available loot percentage on Town Hall levels 6 through 10 has been slightly increased
  • Multiplayer targets one Town Hall level lower are now worth slightly less loot to attackers
  • Multiplayer matchmaking is now less likely to offer targets at a 2-level Town Hall difference (only below Champion League)

Agreed.

Certainly were not kidding when they said "game changing" update. Hoping overall it makes the game better - getting rid of easy TH snipes and hopefully those God awful war farmers is a step in the right direction IMO.

What a joke of an increase for league bonuses. 20k gold and elixir and basically no DE for Champs. And now you have to build a serious army to get the full 100% bonus.

I take back what I said earlier, this is looking worse and worse for causal players.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
sartre said:
Bucky86 said:

If someone can take your DE storage without taking 30% of the base and without using 50% of their troops, then you deserve to have your DE taken. And I mean all of your DE.

Seems to me the casual player will be boosted significantly by not losing his shield by attacking once. It is often that I have 8+ hours on a shield but only 10-15 minutes available. In the past, I wouldn't search for a base to hit, but I would under the new rules. Then I can remember to get another raid in near the end of my shield, so that's two attacks when I used to only get one.
You seem very angry, and this seems almost personal to you.

I'm sorry, buddy.

What a joke of an increase for league bonuses. 20k gold and elixir and basically no DE for Champs. And now you have to build a serious army to get the full 100% bonus.

I take back what I said earlier, this is looking worse and worse for causal players.
Agreed. And I would be interested to see just how much money trophy pushers spend on gems because this seems all about them

Yeah this is a game crusher. New players have no hope and you can't have a game without new blood.

They are singularly obsessed with high level trophy pushers. Hope they are happy.

Love it that the big champs bonus increase will cover the cost of 2 minions.

Agreed.Certainly were not kidding when they said "game changing" update. Hoping overall it makes the game better - getting rid of easy TH snipes and hopefully those God awful war farmers is a step in the right direction IMO.
This wasn't the way to get rid of th snipes

Users who are viewing this thread