• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

In all seriousness, if you want to push, then push. If you want loot, gibarch in gold, silver, bronze. It looks like you won't have both anymore.

Barch is boring. I will probably run an auto barch bot till they ban me and quit.

Absolutely right. Unless you raid with full war armies 5+ times per day, you're not going to accumulate any loot.

How you play:

Don't raid, collectors only: get hit 2x per day for max loot (higher losses than before). Loot in your storages should settle around a 1 million or so of each for TH9 - won't go higher than that. No way to save for upgrades.

Raid 1x per day: get hit 2x for day for max loot, same as above.

Raid 2x per day: get hit 3x per day for max loot, same as above.

Raid 3x per day: get hit 3x per day for max loot, you're still losing money because of the cost of war armies.

Raid 4x per day: get hit 3x per day for max loot, you're around breakeven here.

Raid 5x per day, get hit 3x per day for max loot, you should be making a slight profit at this point.

Raid 6x or more, per day, with max armies: this should be profitable overall, even though you'll be getting hit hard 4x or more per day.

Supercell is - almost certainly unintentionally - massively increasing the elixir sink in the game, encouraging people to spend more elixir building strong armies. All elixir upgrades will be much harder to save for. They're also slightly increasing the gold sink due to rearming traps. The league win bonus changes appear to be a slight net DECREASE in the amount of league bonus people will be earning (not that many attacks go to 70%...).

So:

substantial increase in elixir sink

slight increase in gold sink

substantial increase in dark elixir sink (building war armies again...)

No corresponding increase in input into the system.

Overall, building your base will be harder for EVERYONE, and much harder if you raid less than 5x per day. A lot of casual players will settle into the approximate breakeven zone, where they raid every day, get raided every day, and do not accumulate resources, especially elixir, so they will be unable to upgrade their bases. It will be nearly impossible to save 6+ million elixir for the higher upgrades.

Absolutely right. Unless you raid with full war armies 5+ times per day, you're not going to accumulate any loot.

How you play:

Don't raid, collectors only: get hit 2x per day for max loot (higher losses than before). Loot in your storages should settle around a 1 million or so of each for TH9 - won't go higher than that. No way to save for upgrades.

Raid 3x per day: get hit 3x per day for max loot, you're still losing money because of the cost of war armies.

Raid 5x per day, get hit 3x per day for max loot, you should be making a slight profit at this point.

Raid 6x or more, per day, with max armies: this should be profitable overall, even though you'll be getting hit hard 4x or more per day.

Supercell is - almost certainly unintentionally - massively increasing the elixir sink in the game, encouraging people to spend more elixir building strong armies. All elixir upgrades will be much harder to save for. They're also slightly increasing the gold sink due to rearming traps. The league win bonus changes appear to be a slight net DECREASE in the amount of league bonus people will be earning (not that many attacks go to 70%...).

So:

Overall, building your base will be harder for EVERYONE, and much harder if you raid less than 5x per day. A lot of casual players will settle into the approximate breakeven zone, where they raid every day, get raided every day, and do not accumulate resources, especially elixir, so they will be unable to upgrade their bases. It will be nearly impossible to save 6+ million elixir for the higher upgrades.

:blackdot:

:lol:

Interesting. But I don't think you will be hit every day every time for max loot. Poor assumption imo, and only reflects the absolute worst case scenario.

But I do see the danger to the overall economy there.

It makes it easier when everyones main goal is to protect the TH. That could leave people to leave storages out if it helps their defensive effort. Lots of resources will be lost trying to protect the TH

I brought my TH inside to test it out just to see

First attack was a 60% 2 star getting 207,000 gold, 99,000 elix and all the DE I offered at 1,000

So I would have gotten a shield but lost more DE than I have in a month

I think that's the problem they're trying to fix.

First attack was a 60% 2 star getting 207,000 gold, 99,000 elix and all the DE I offered at 1,000

But their entire userbase of committed users is based around this playstyle. Only idiots left th guarded because they didn't know any better or had some weird obsession with trophies.

At the current costs of armies and upgrades the playstyle of the non gold barch semi hardcore farmer is over. And I'd argue after travelling the world a bit that this is somewhere in the 90% of users.

What they have here is simply not sustainable without spending gobs of money or cheating. And I'm not even sure cheating can overcome this.

oh, I get it. But they will lose tons of casual players. I hope they double checked that the big trophy pushers will be able to sustain them on their own

How you play:

So:

I copied it from Reddit. But interested to see where you find fault

What a great time to be in this thread :lmao:

Do you guys ever fail when you go to raid? I mean we pretty much all agree getting to 70% is difficult so certainly there must be some failing going on. Or at least raids where you didn't get the loot you were after. Right? Right?

On the other side, every time we get attacked our base is going to get rolled! You're going to get a shield at 30% folks. That is basically nothing. You could get a shield and maybe only one or two of storages get hit.

Why will I not be able to Gibarch with yoga pants in crystal? I still get a decent bonus, can attack twice without breaking my shield then could stay active for an hour or so when I don't have a shield (like I do today), and can get a shield when some idiot drops all his troops in one spot and his attack fails miserably.

Am I going to lose more resources now from being attacked? Sure, but that's the way the game should have always been. My base isn't going to be bleeding resources uncontrollably.

• Like 2

But their entire userbase of committed users is based around this playstyle. Only idiots left th guarded because they didn't know any better or had some weird obsession with trophies.

At the current costs of armies and upgrades the playstyle of the non gold barch semi hardcore farmer is over. And I'd argue after travelling the world a bit that this is somewhere in the 90% of users.

What they have here is simply not sustainable without spending gobs of money or cheating. And I'm not even sure cheating can overcome this.

There is 0% chance that the people you hang with are indicative of 90% of the users. People that serious about this game are a tiny minority. The people in this thread are more involved than the average player. The majority of people don't watch Youtube or Twitch or go to Reddit for Clash Of Clans. They rush their town hall. They GoWiPe in war because it's easy. They upgrade cannons first because it's cheaper. They don't upgrade walls past skulls because it's expensive.

Do you guys ever fail when you go to raid? I mean we pretty much all agree getting to 70% is difficult so certainly there must be some failing going on. Or at least raids where you didn't get the loot you were after. Right? Right?

On the other side, every time we get attacked our base is going to get rolled! You're going to get a shield at 30% folks. That is basically nothing. You could get a shield and maybe only one or two of storages get hit.

Why will I not be able to Gibarch with yoga pants in crystal? I still get a decent bonus, can attack twice without breaking my shield then could stay active for an hour or so when I don't have a shield (like I do today), and can get a shield when some idiot drops all his troops in one spot and his attack fails miserably.

Am I going to lose more resources now from being attacked? Sure, but that's the way the game should have always been. My base isn't going to be bleeding resources uncontrollably.

Nice try, but it's only hard to get 70% when I'm attacking.

:goodposting:

especially the bolded

:goodposting:

especially the bolded

The game needs to be balanced to the point where the results you get from farming can allow you to afford upgrades. The way they had it was imperfect, but the changes are nothing more than a way to make the game more expensive to afford virtually everything. If, they made the entire upgrade tree cheaper, which there's no sign they will do so then fine. But it's going to be a long slow slog to get resources, especially elixer and dark, without doing the most mindless boring raids. And this is without being raided for loot, which may or may not really be the issue depending on where people settle for farming.

A much more fair system would have simply been

TH now holds 20% of your loot. Leave it out and lose 20% of the cap right there. TH alone doesn't give you a shield but does at least give the attacker a star. Need some X% for a shield, hell leave it at the old system.

Keep everything else the same and tell me how that's not a more fair and balanced system than what is currently upcoming? And who is going to explain all this to a kid? It's insanely complicated for what was a fairly simple game.

There is 0% chance that the people you hang with are indicative of 90% of the users. People that serious about this game are a tiny minority. The people in this thread are more involved than the average player. The majority of people don't watch Youtube or Twitch or go to Reddit for Clash Of Clans. They rush their town hall. They GoWiPe in war because it's easy. They upgrade cannons first because it's cheaper. They don't upgrade walls past skulls because it's expensive.

who cares about them? I sure as hell don't.

I'm reading through and can honestly say at this point, im clueless. Fudd said it best. It depends on how much I'm losing each time. The way it stands right now, I am pumping elix into walls since I am completely finished with elix upgrades. I can see a super queen getting my DE with around 30% if things go right for them. I disagree with clayton that I should have it taken then.

Im not ready to quit, but if I lose more than 300,000 a day in gold and 3,000 DE on a daily basis, ill probably be out.

To put it in perspective. In the last 12 days, 9 hours and 46 minutes I have lost a total of 400,000 gold, 360,000 elix and 49 DE (not 490 or 4900, just 49. Feel like charlie and the chocolate factory)

I haven't lost any DE in the last 7d19h, due to people quickly sniping me everytime I log off. This includes two days where (due to work and life) I failed to empty my collectors. I can afford to lose more than that. I'm interested to see the new rules in action, even if they don't help me.

Do you two have DE drills heavily protected?

No, the collectors are inside the first walls - Giants/archers can take them.

yeah, try explaining this to my 6 year old.

"Design your base to try to protect your town hall and other storages. If 30% or more of your base gets destroyed, you'll most likely get a shield so you don't have to worry about being attacked."

Very difficult.

I'm reading through and can honestly say at this point, im clueless. Fudd said it best. It depends on how much I'm losing each time. The way it stands right now, I am pumping elix into walls since I am completely finished with elix upgrades. I can see a super queen getting my DE with around 30% if things go right for them. I disagree with clayton that I should have it taken then.

Im not ready to quit, but if I lose more than 300,000 a day in gold and 3,000 DE on a daily basis, ill probably be out.

To put it in perspective. In the last 12 days, 9 hours and 46 minutes I have lost a total of 400,000 gold, 360,000 elix and 49 DE (not 490 or 4900, just 49. Feel like charlie and the chocolate factory)

I haven't lost any DE in the last 7d19h, due to people quickly sniping me everytime I log off. This includes two days where (due to work and life) I failed to empty my collectors. I can afford to lose more than that. I'm interested to see the new rules in action, even if they don't help me.

I'm amazed that no one took your drills. Seems very fortunate to get only snipes and no collector raids for more than a week.

who cares about them? I sure as hell don't.

They are in your pool of potential targets.

I'm amazed that no one took your drills. Seems very fortunate to get only snipes and no collector raids for more than a week.

Exactly. Players are so stuck on th sniping that they rarely notice easy obvious loot. That, my friends, isn't exciting gameplay.

game plan for war and thanksgiving.. we taking a break?

Keep going and opt out if you're busy. It isn't thanksgiving for all of us.

okay ill try to get botrh attacks in I thin ill be good

whats plan for this hacker cheater war?

How you play:

So:

I copied it from Reddit. But interested to see where you find fault

Well, pretty much all of it. Just cause someone posted it on reddit, doesn't make it true.

• Like 1

ftr, CoC isn't a zero sum game. The amount of loot lost is equal to the amount of loot gained (maybe; it seems likely that the game must create fake bases to attack at times), but there are also collectors constantly producing loot, plus league bonuses, with the offsetting cost of building armies. This would almost impossible if it were a true zero sum game.

In all seriousness, if you want to push, then push. If you want loot, gibarch in gold, silver, bronze. It looks like you won't have both anymore.

Barch is boring. I will probably run an auto barch bot till they ban me and quit.

How long have you been modding war attacks?

• Like 1

Waiting the happy spin from anyone.

Given that it's almost entirely a zero-sum game, it's impossible for it to be both harder to get loot and harder to keep loot.

Not at all. Armies cost elixer, re-arming traps costs gold. You raid more and you get raided more. It also costs gold to next for that "perfect" base.

A max level army could push 300k elixer to run, including spells maybe higher.

Re-arming traps after getting decimated could cost over 100k in gold. I've nexted over 100 times to find a decent base before as well.

That means you are netting far less than you are losing. Without being able to sit on a shield at will (Leaving TH outside) and collecting from your collectors it means you're forced to treat this game like a job if you don't want to watch your resources whittled away to nothing.

Well that escalated quickly.

Why do you hate 'murica?

as a semi-casual players who like to binge once in awhile, I finally read the sneak peak notes and it isn't as bleak as it looked at first. the big change immediately is the obvious new base we need to put up to try to make it easier to get that 30% shield. once that's done the Personal Break system potentially gives up to an hour of playtime without getting attacked, which is a decent window for at least 3 gibarch attacks.

1. hit 3 hour play time and get the PB notice. start clock.

2. in 6 minutes be attacked and get a shield, done. or if no shield or no attack at all then get 15 minutes of play time under VG.

3. after 15 minutes get another 6 minute PB, rinse repeat 3 times of this.

4. after the third extension of PB mercy rules kick in and PB is reset so back in the game you go with another VG for 15 minutes.

so in an hour either you get a shield or you have a chance to attack without being attacked under VG for 45 minutes. 3 attacks should be more than enough to make loot plus bonus that will far outweigh whatever i should lose to get that shield. defense setup will be important. it's different but i'm starting to see how this can be exploited, albeit it'll be more time specific as to when I hit those PB's if at all. with the league bonuses going up AND having to get to 70% for the full bonus, at least from Crystal and up getting a shield will eventually become a norm again without the snipes imo. this definitely promotes trophy pushing more than anything else.

Go #### yourself

Now it feels like Thanksgiving

Edited by JNox3
  • Like 1

Go #### yourself

Just joking around, bro.