What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Is the 50% thing of max army or army you started raid with?
max of camp sizeIt is interesting that those who full on attack don't care as much bc it's not a huge change for them. The hardcore war guys like Clayton and Cliff see no difference. For guys like me and Harry who enjoy it but raid once a day, it is a huge change regardless of how little loot we lose. We go from losing nothing to losing something. That in itself is a bummer for us.

In all seriousness, if you want to push, then push. If you want loot, gibarch in gold, silver, bronze. It looks like you won't have both anymore.
Barch is boring. I will probably run an auto barch bot till they ban me and quit.
How long have you been modding war attacks?
How long have you been beating women?
Yeah - upon further reflection, I shouldn't have gone there. Sorry, Culdeus.

max of camp sizeIt is interesting that those who full on attack don't care as much bc it's not a huge change for them. The hardcore war guys like Clayton and Cliff see no difference. For guys like me and Harry who enjoy it but raid once a day, it is a huge change regardless of how little loot we lose. We go from losing nothing to losing something. That in itself is a bummer for us.
I see no difference because the update hasn't hit yet and thus, I have no idea how the gameplay/loot has been effected. You're letting Culd and his legion of meta war nerds get you riled up when they have little to no information and are just wildly speculating.

Totally get that. I have two accounts that I rarely use except for wars. Progress on those will definitely slow unless I raid on them. Definitely a bummer, but it should be that way. To improve, you should be required to use your account. I still think raiding just before your shield ends will allow you to grow. A single gibarch attack should be able to get 250k+ each gold and elixir and 2k+ DE. When you log off, you might lose that much too. That means a 14+ hour shield, so you'll be safe for a long time while your collectors do their job. There will also be times where you aren't hit for the max, so you'll be in even better shape there.

A hero is 35. Someone posted on sc announcement yesterday. So a th10 is 240 + 35*3 (cc& 2 hero's.

Math check but a superqueen with 8 healers does not trip the limit.

For me it is easy to see how it is a step back for casual players...it has nothing to do with the trophy pushers or modders or anyone else.

Today I can attack 2 times a day or 20. Every time I attack, I get X loot and lose only 1000 from my th getting sniped. MultiplynX by number of attacks and I am in good shape.

After the change I will get X, which granted may be a little higher or require less nexting. I will now lose Y before I get a shield. Some value way in excess of 1000.

If I have time to attack 5 times before my shield runs out, I will get 5X loot, but still lose Y. And Y is still going to be way more than the 5000 I would have lost today by breaking shield 5 times and getting sniped 5 times.

So how much does X go up....and how big is Y?

Could be time to max out those infernos also....

Welp there goes one issue.

Other Changes:

All trap rearm costs massively reduced (~75% rearm cost reduction on average of all traps)

X-Bow reload costs massively reduced (~70% reload cost reduction for all levels)

Time until you can be attacked after going offline increased from 1 minute to 5 minutes (to help cases of accidentally going offline)

Eta. They also changed the 1/2 an army to get a shield down to 1/3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
Clayton Gray said:
In all seriousness, if you want to push, then push. If you want loot, gibarch in gold, silver, bronze. It looks like you won't have both anymore.
Barch is boring. I will probably run an auto barch bot till they ban me and quit.
How long have you been modding war attacks?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Welp there goes one issue.

Other Changes:

All trap rearm costs massively reduced (~75% rearm cost reduction on average of all traps)

X-Bow reload costs massively reduced (~70% reload cost reduction for all levels)

Time until you can be attacked after going offline increased from 1 minute to 5 minutes (to help cases of accidentally going offline)

Eta. They also changed the 1/2 an army to get a shield down to 1/3.
They also had a PR person come in and wordsmith all the prior content which I thought was funny. Just little things like remove words like significantly, and massive, and some fluff was just removed altogether. Maybe they are paying attention.

Did anyone watch the video and care to summarize?
Watching it now. My first WOW is that across all league levels, around 80% of attacks are town hall snipes. Anyone worried about not being able to find a target can stop worrying about not being able to find a target.

Watching it now. My first WOW is that across all league levels, around 80% of attacks are town hall snipes. Anyone worried about not being able to find a target can stop worrying about not being able to find a target.
I found some good summaries on reddit.

So how are they going to generate all of that lost loot from all of the snipes?

My TH8 account offers up between 6-800,000 Gold, 3-400,000 elixir and 2500~ DE. I still get snipes constantly. In Silver.

Reason for the change:

Imagine a game where everyone attacks and defends and works on improving each of those actions. Everything is balanced and lovely. Now imagine that game introducing a building where you only lose 1000 of each resource a couple times a day and allowed you to progress by tapping a few buildings every several hours. That would destroy the game.

Arranged wars (just for fun and not getting loot and clan xp):

Massive work needed behind the scene and don't think regular people would use it.

Arranged wars (with getting loot and clan xp):

Probably coming after this big update

Will be a couple of peeks regarding clan wars in this update, but clan wars will be the focus in future updates.

Clans can progress beyond Level 10, but there are no more perks beyond Level 10. They will be adding more perks to the current levels in the future.

The are looking at improving the single-player experience and make it sustainable. Also discussing special challenge maps. Not in this update though.

Still won't have upgrading heroes available in war attacks. They are looking at ways to allow players to war at full strength more often. If clan war tournaments are added in the future, heroes would absolutely be available in war attacks.

Another week and a half of sneak peeks are coming starting tomorrow.

The targets you do find won't have any loot though. If 80% of loot is now removed from circulation where will it come from?

Reason for the change:

Imagine a game where everyone attacks and defends and works on improving each of those actions. Everything is balanced and lovely. Now imagine that game introducing a building where you only lose 1000 of each resource a couple times a day and allowed you to progress by tapping a few buildings every several hours. That would destroy the game.
The game is/was still balanced for the cost of actually progressing. It won't be anymore.

I found some good summaries on reddit. So how are they going to generate all of that lost loot from all of the snipes?
They won't. And the cost of everything seems likely to stay relatively constant.

Also the alterations to the original plan for PR actually could make this whole thing worse. It makes you more likely to get a "free" shield with barch than before. So now lower leagues will have less bases to raid and upper leagues won't have any loot.

The targets you do find won't have any loot though. If 80% of loot is now removed from circulation where will it come from?
In the past, a 300k / 300k / 4k target with an exposed town hall would only get sniped at least 80% of the time it was put on the market. The attacker would get the league bonus loot.

After the update, that same target must actually be attacked. If the attacker gets 50%, that's 150k / 150k / 2k PLUS the league bonus.

With a successful attack, the only resources removed from circulation are the elixir and DE used in the attacking army.

I found some good summaries on reddit.So how are they going to generate all of that lost loot from all of the snipes?
They won't. And the cost of everything seems likely to stay relatively constant.

Also the alterations to the original plan for PR actually could make this whole thing worse. It makes you more likely to get a "free" shield with barch than before. So now lower leagues will have less bases to raid and upper leagues won't have any loot.
This keeps being said, but it has yet to be shown to be true.

I found some good summaries on reddit.So how are they going to generate all of that lost loot from all of the snipes?
They won't. And the cost of everything seems likely to stay relatively constant.Also the alterations to the original plan for PR actually could make this whole thing worse. It makes you more likely to get a "free" shield with barch than before. So now lower leagues will have less bases to raid and upper leagues won't have any loot.
This keeps being said, but it has yet to be shown to be true.
80% of the circulating loot is gone and replaced with nothing, now to get 20% of the available loot in high leagues at least you will need to raid with more expensive armies. Again, where will this loot come from?

In the past, a 300k / 300k / 4k target with an exposed town hall would only get sniped at least 80% of the time it was put on the market. The attacker would get the league bonus loot.

After the update, that same target must actually be attacked. If the attacker gets 50%, that's 150k / 150k / 2k PLUS the league bonus.

With a successful attack, the only resources removed from circulation are the elixir and DE used in the attacking army.
This is the logic fail you see in circles.

Th snipers don't just snipe each other all day. The loot they grab gets picked up by everyone. It trickles down through to gold/silver from the very top.

It's a broken system but a 8mm upgrade. Especially a elixer upgrade will be ridiculously hard post update. De won't be any better and might get alot worse and gold is going to be thin as people do th11 upgrades.

Paging all fbgs to the white curtesy phone. All fbgs to the white curtesy phone please.

We're down 11 with 13 attacks in hand. 1hr 35m left. We can win this if we fight!

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread