Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Clash of Clans (Official thread)

Culdy - I've played around with zapping 2 ads at the th9 level, and it's not usually an easy 3. (A lot of times a single eq can hit 2 ads.)

I haven't tried a double zap followed by an AQ walk yet, which I probably should try. Seems like it wouldn't go for 3 stars though.

(Well, not easy for me, anyways. Biggest problem I run into is massed Teslas.)

Anyhoo, the extra eq spell isn't a game changer at the th9 level.

TH9 vs TH9 action with the extra dark spell from the update? Zap/quake to take out 2 ADs and either drag rush or golaloon from there. I like golaloon where you take out a 3rd AD, AQ, and cc drag using a cc golem, some wiz, some wall breakers and your heroes. Now it's lalooning against 1 AD. Throw 2 hounds at the last AD (you'll have no spells left so 2 hounds buys enough time for skulls to take it out) and 20+ skulls to work with. Even if the looning part is slow you have the extra 30 seconds on the new timer to help you.

1 cc golem, 2 hounds, 20 skulls, remaining 60 spots on wiz, wall breakers and cleanup skulls and minions.

Ya, about that ...

Tried this repeatedly. Against some bases it works; other times it's a one star attack. If the AQ/AD aren't easy to path to this can go disastrously wrong. The sample army composition doesn't leave a lot for creating a proper funnel, and it falls to pieces if it hits the cc troops, AQ, and Teslas simultaneously.

It's possible that my heroes were too weak when I was trying this - bk19/AQ17 - and that it'll succeed more often when I get them into the 25-30 range.

Anyways, I welcome any advice on how to improve this attack.

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

Culdy - I've played around with zapping 2 ads at the th9 level, and it's not usually an easy 3. (A lot of times a single eq can hit 2 ads.)

I haven't tried a double zap followed by an AQ walk yet, which I probably should try. Seems like it wouldn't go for 3 stars though.

TH9 vs TH9 action with the extra dark spell from the update? Zap/quake to take out 2 ADs and either drag rush or golaloon from there. I like golaloon where you take out a 3rd AD, AQ, and cc drag using a cc golem, some wiz, some wall breakers and your heroes. Now it's lalooning against 1 AD. Throw 2 hounds at the last AD (you'll have no spells left so 2 hounds buys enough time for skulls to take it out) and 20+ skulls to work with. Even if the looning part is slow you have the extra 30 seconds on the new timer to help you.

1 cc golem, 2 hounds, 20 skulls, remaining 60 spots on wiz, wall breakers and cleanup skulls and minions.

Ya, about that ...

Tried this repeatedly. Against some bases it works; other times it's a one star attack. If the AQ/AD aren't easy to path to this can go disastrously wrong. The sample army composition doesn't leave a lot for creating a proper funnel, and it falls to pieces if it hits the cc troops, AQ, and Teslas simultaneously.

It's possible that my heroes were too weak when I was trying this - bk19/AQ17 - and that it'll succeed more often when I get them into the 25-30 range.

If the aq is deep use drags, if it's shallow use a kill squad. don't go into the teeth of a sweeper. So many bases now have the air defense way off in one corner and separated from the queen. Those are for sure drag loon. Ones that are more symetrical internet style are more hound/loon kill squad. There's no one comp for every base. Fact is you kill two air defenses before dropping a troop it's gonna be hard to really fail as long as you can figure out how to get to the rest of the air defenses in a reasonable timeframe.

Ya, about that ...

If the aq is deep use drags, if it's shallow use a kill squad. don't go into the teeth of a sweeper. So many bases now have the air defense way off in one corner and separated from the queen. Those are for sure drag loon. Ones that are more symetrical internet style are more hound/loon kill squad. There's no one comp for every base. Fact is you kill two air defenses before dropping a troop it's gonna be hard to really fail as long as you can figure out how to get to the rest of the air defenses in a reasonable timeframe.

Haven't tried the double ad zap with a drag rush yet. Should give that a look.

Ya, about that ...

Haven't tried the double ad zap with a drag rush yet. Should give that a look.

Well, wait till next week. Can't do it yet.

Someone asked about comps and it looks like I never put it up. Dunno.

Assuming for some reason you aren't hitting a base with a known hound (pretty rare anyways)

24 loons

3 hounds

2 wiz

1 minion

CC Hound

3 zap

1 poison

2 haste

poison and zap the queen - Yes the poison is for the most part a waste if you are an excellent shot then omit it. It mainly helps keep her in one spot so she doesn't move.

use 2 loons or so to lure out drag and whatever, bonus points if you drag them across the expiring poison from the queen kill.

Use minion to anchor cc,king to draw fire, queen to kill, wiz in emergency if queen goes full ####### otherwise use them for cleanup

Then standard laloon in a circle where they spend the least time in sweepers.

Try to save the haste to swag something funny

Less and less people are leaving their queen next to an air defense so there are usually at most perhaps 15% of bases like this for any grouping of TH9.

If you really want to geek out the cool kids are using discord for planning purposes.

Previously groupme was the best available chat method, bindle was popular in some circles.

discord allows chat and/or voice so you'll have to actually talk to people, but if you play a lot of xbox it's not a huge transition. Much easier to talk stuff out than just draw it on skitch and post on gme.

You new here? We are still fighting a few holdouts to read chat and check caller before launching their leroy jenkins attack. You're talking about VOIP. Sheeeeeeeeee####t. Edited by Sputnikv8
  • Like 1

What's the best way to fight a golem in the CC?

What's the best way to fight a hound in the CC?

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the chat. My hero levels are 10. Thanks for your help.

Edited by JNox3

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the chat. My hero levels are 10. Thanks for your help.

Neither attack air, zap the queen, pent the base and get it over with. It's exceedingly rare to see those in cc lately at TH9, but at TH10 it's basically 100%.

Neither attack air, zap the queen, pent the base and get it over with. It's exceedingly rare to see those in cc lately at TH9, but at TH10 it's basically 100%.

:lol:

Our last war was almost all CC hounds at TH9.

Gem heroes to 30/30.

I'm a TH9 so it's useless to sink any more money into the game since I'll be quitting in a week. Duh

Your not in a high level war clan bro

:shrug: even the ####ty clans quit using them. I assumed the DE cost scared people off, plus just making yourself a sitting duck for an air raid.

:shrug: even the ####ty clans quit using them. I assumed the DE cost scared people off, plus just making yourself a sitting duck for an air raid.

:lmao:

Your Meta Modder Clans have really got you out of touch with reality.

Edited by Cliff Clavin

OK

OK

In all seriousness, the clans you mingle in are playing a different game. The clans we face in Honda often GoWiPe for two stars with regularity. They usually get three stars only by bullying. They don't use Discord. They barely discuss their attacks in CoC chat. They don't watch Twitch streams or YouTube channels looking to improve. They often show up with an army cooked and ask for a target.

High-level air raids are complicated. The average player might try them out a few times. But he'll likely fail and go back to the easy 2-star ground attack - after all, those two stars are better than the one he got with those crappy air attacks. This is the world most clans live in.

This is the reason TH9 isn't going to die. It will still be incredibly difficult for the average player to 3-star a highly-developed TH9. I know this because I'm pretty sure I'm above the median, and I often fail. Giving me another dark spell and 30 more seconds will help a bit, but I usually fail way before the timer is up.

I maxed my th10 defenses a week ago. Only max goblins and haste 3/4 left in lab. Heroes are 30/21. May hit the 11 button. No sense dumping into walls when there are a ton of new defenses I can sink gold into.

IMO you need at least 30/30 to consider going to th11 if you are going to war constantly. Wish list would be king 30 and Queen 40.

Get those lavas GB

I maxed my th10 defenses a week ago. Only max goblins and haste 3/4 left in lab. Heroes are 30/21. May hit the 11 button. No sense dumping into walls when there are a ton of new defenses I can sink gold into.

IMO you need at least 30/30 to consider going to th11 if you are going to war constantly. Wish list would be king 30 and Queen 40.

Get those lavas GB

Agreed. Pump the brakes. Stick at TH10 and work on heroes and walls.

My raiding comp for TH9. Does very well against TH8 of course and gets most of the goods against mid-level TH9. Rarely go after TH10 unless they're gimmees.

4 healers

16 giants

8 wall breakers

6 hogs

30ish archers

6ish minions

2 heal spells, 2 rages, 1 poison (rarely use all spells)

Healers are on queen and if queen is down between raids, healers on giants until queen is ready.

Get those lavas GB

Agreed. Pump the brakes. Stick at TH10 and work on heroes and walls.

Are all the new troop levels being listed here at th11, or does th10 get some love?

OK

In all seriousness, the clans you mingle in are playing a different game. The clans we face in Honda often GoWiPe for two stars with regularity. They usually get three stars only by bullying. They don't use Discord. They barely discuss their attacks in CoC chat. They don't watch Twitch streams or YouTube channels looking to improve. They often show up with an army cooked and ask for a target.

High-level air raids are complicated. The average player might try them out a few times. But he'll likely fail and go back to the easy 2-star ground attack - after all, those two stars are better than the one he got with those crappy air attacks. This is the world most clans live in.

This is the reason TH9 isn't going to die. It will still be incredibly difficult for the average player to 3-star a highly-developed TH9. I know this because I'm pretty sure I'm above the median, and I often fail. Giving me another dark spell and 30 more seconds will help a bit, but I usually fail way before the timer is up.

I swear you are talking about me but it's ok. Not the good stuff but about the failing and going back to the easy 2 star.

This is 99% of the players out there and why it is hilarious when stuff is labelled 'mainstream'. We'll get the odd GoLaLoon or hog raid but 90% is GoWiPe. That is mainstream. That is why 4zap and 2 Quake will never be a game changer.

The game changer with the new dark spell donation? Double poison. Dragons will become useless in the CC and it'll all have to be Hound/Golem. GoWiPe'ers aren't going to turn into LaLoon savants and be able to take out a base with no spells.

I gotta get to Masters before the update. Need the gems. Fear it will be too hard after.

Pushing will be much easier post update. Hell, half the change is designed to give people about 600 cups for just playing the game with any regularity.

It's going to be a struggle to stay down IMO.

Before. Raid get 5-12 cups. Snipe. Lose 5-12. Net +/-5. Maybe a 2* and a fail every now and then cancel out. Tread water.

Post update. Raid 3x. Net 6-20 each total of +18-60 each session. Lose 5-20 on defense. +20-40 without doing much different. Raid more and just explode up in cups.

It's absolutely clear that they are setting out the red carpet to titans. The rest is TBD.

OK

I swear you are talking about me but it's ok. Not the good stuff but about the failing and going back to the easy 2 star.

HaHa! That's perfectly normal. This game is hard.

OK

HaHa! That's perfectly normal. This game is hard.

Reminds me of a quote from the movie Airplane . . .

"Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

The game IS hard. Attacking a max TH10 with max hero's is far from easy. Hell - I get attacked by these max dudes all the time - still looking for a base that can hold to just one in war.

Worst thing you can do is watch one of these exotic type of 3 star attacks from the cheaters and actually think you can pull it of on your own.

• Like 1

Are we going to do this draft before all the th9 have to delete the app?

50 man war?

We can't just go quietly in the night.

One of the rumored updates was that they were going to make war matchmaking easier - so that it would be easier to have a draft and have an all fbg war.

With that said . . . . with the 1st pick in the draft fbg1 selects . .

1.01 SMN

Are we going to do this draft before all the th9 have to delete the app?

50 man war?

We can't just go quietly in the night.

One of the rumored updates was that they were going to make war matchmaking easier - so that it would be easier to have a draft and have an all fbg war.

With that said . . . . with the 1st pick in the draft fbg1 selects . .

1.01 SMN

It sounds like the war matchmake changes will be coming in the subsequent update. Most every rwcs scrim/hunt has hit lately so it's not that big a deal for now. You nearly never hear about fails. The last couple I've done hit in under 30 seconds.

They need something better than arranged wars and it sounds like they don't even know what that really would be.

I gotta get to Masters before the update. Need the gems. Fear it will be too hard after.

Just a PSA, but if you have multiple accounts make sure your subs have hit that 1250 trophy (450 gem) bonus. Won't be near as easy to make post update with lower level accounts

Edited by Statorama

I have enough gold to push the button. :oldunsure:

Heroes 30/30?

I just don't get pushing the button if they're not. It's super easy to farm DE at TH9. At TH10, you're going to have another round of DE labs and spells. It's going to be a ##### to farm DE for a couple months so your heroes won't be getting touched till then. By that time, you'll be ready to jump to TH11 and your heroes will be tiny! You'll be fighting a constant uphill battle. If you get 30/30 and never touch then again, not a big deal. Just my .02c.