• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

If that's truly it then it makes the decision fairly easy. Give it through the christmas gem boost to see if TH9 is really broken and TH10 is still a 2 star game. If so, just quit. There was quite literally no offense added, and you could argue that with the healer nerf war got harder in a way. (extra dark spell probably helps, but still)

From all the sneak peeks TH10 took it in the ### the hardest. Got no new troops and th9 got a freeze, albeit level 1, but they got an extra dark spell too so they could theoretically run a half ### max attack on you now and shut down a single target for at least one shot.

I halfway wonder if the mods just killed the war game in the eyes of the devs. They know they can't stop it so they are going to focus all the effort on the pushing game and make that the focus, again. :yawn:

The answer is go to th11 and only make the warden

If that's truly it then it makes the decision fairly easy. Give it through the christmas gem boost to see if TH9 is really broken and TH10 is still a 2 star game. If so, just quit. There was quite literally no offense added, and you could argue that with the healer nerf war got harder in a way. (extra dark spell probably helps, but still)

From all the sneak peeks TH10 took it in the ### the hardest. Got no new troops and th9 got a freeze, albeit level 1, but they got an extra dark spell too so they could theoretically run a half ### max attack on you now and shut down a single target for at least one shot.

I halfway wonder if the mods just killed the war game in the eyes of the devs. They know they can't stop it so they are going to focus all the effort on the pushing game and make that the focus, again. :yawn:

The answer is go to th11 and only make the warden

Yeah, but I've basically decided against that. I really didn't get any better going to TH10 and just bullying TH9 for months on end. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that supercell wants the top th to be balanced for war. My hope was they would leave TH9 alone, make TH10 like TH9, and TH11 like TH10.

You get absolutely no credit running bully raids and I expect 11 on 10 to be the same despite the fact that 10 is horribly imbalanced. And I'm still not sure the warden will be enough to triple 10s, though my bet is most of the defensive maxed 10s go to 11 so there will be very few max 10s left by January anyways.

The difference is going to 11 you get no new camp spaces and garbage troop upgrades... Huge difference from 9 to 10...

Warden is plenty to tip the scales especially if you have 40/40. I'm guessing it would still be quite difficult but still doable.

The difference is going to 11 you get no new camp spaces and garbage troop upgrades... Huge difference from 9 to 10...

Warden is plenty to tip the scales especially if you have 40/40. I'm guessing it would still be quite difficult but still doable.

Tip the scales to what? Who cares if you are an 11 and can triple a 10? Bully raids are stupid and often counterproductive.

Couple videos of how I've been hitting th9s in Honda. After working with this attack for about a month now I find it quicker to plan and easier to execute than the more traditional golaloon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EaGIO7MHNB4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKkBuGXdH5o

Now imagine that with an extra rage.

Why wait? Just un-install now!

I will at least see what the full patch notes are. I mean it's pretty insane to think they would release a lab with 2 troops to upgrade in it, I just can't figure out why they would release a sneak peak for an achievement and not hype other troops, that's a worry. The prices on the exchanges are still pretty strong for big heroes. To get best pricing it will be key to sell before they raise max heroes to 50/50 or higher.

From all the sneak peeks TH10 took it in the ### the hardest.

Seeing that your focus is strictly on the TH10 war scene, and the update changes almost nothing to that aspect, why would the update make you quit? :confused:

Like you said, there should be fewer max TH10 soon, so by attrition alone, you will move up the ladder.

Why wait? Just un-install now!

I will at least see what the full patch notes are. I mean it's pretty insane to think they would release a lab with 2 troops to upgrade in it, I just can't figure out why they would release a sneak peak for an achievement and not hype other troops, that's a worry. The prices on the exchanges are still pretty strong for big heroes. To get best pricing it will be key to sell before they raise max heroes to 50/50 or higher.

I am pretty sure this is how they have rolled out the past TH levels. Slowly but surely, adding troops/troop levels/spells/etc as they go along. Never all at once.

Seeing that your focus is strictly on the TH10 war scene, and the update changes almost nothing to that aspect, why would the update make you quit? :confused:

Like you said, there should be fewer max TH10 soon, so by attrition alone, you will move up the ladder.

There really is no ladder to move up. There is extreme bias against TH10 now. I can't even imagine what it will look like at TH11 with 2 mostly useless troops unless the warden at level 1 is a huge boost to mass witch.

Here is the 13th Sneak Peek . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5zP1_MOxo

Eagle defense thingy shoots comets - death ray is gone.

Hard to tell what damage it did, seemed to chop about half a dragon's hp down and does some splash. I don't see why people say it targeted closest unit. there were a few loons closer in when it aimed at the dragon unless I'm overlooking something.

There really is no ladder to move up. There is extreme bias against TH10 now. I can't even imagine what it will look like at TH11 with 2 mostly useless troops unless the warden at level 1 is a huge boost to mass witch.

I'm not following. Are you saying that post-update, the MWC will look down even more on max TH10? And that would push you further from your goal?

Just trying to understand how the update ruins the game for you. The direct impact on TH10 warring seems neutral, and barely noticeable.

Personally I am conflicted. Not sure I want to embark on another 20+ week grind. I am intrigued by the idea of pushing though, assuming SC's latest changes actually work in fixing that aspect of the game. Might stay TH10 and take on that challenge instead. Haven't decided yet.

Edited by sartre

I'm not following. Are you saying that post-update, the MWC will look down even more on max TH10? And that would push you further from your goal?

Just trying to understand how the update ruins the game for you. The direct impact on TH10 warring seems neutral, and barely noticeable.

Personally I am conflicted. Not sure I want to embark on another 20+ week grind. I am intrigued by the idea of pushing though, assuming SC's latest changes actually work in fixing that aspect of the game. Might stay TH10 and take on that challenge instead. Haven't decided yet.

If your playing for war... I don't see how this fixes anything in regards to having a chance to 3 star a decently developed th10. The hope was this update would add some balance to th10 (which it has instead completely ignored).

If your playing for farming and pushing then it will be fun to have new toys.

Right now to hit the a list clans even at 40/40 is a challenge. Perception is they bring more harm than good. While a 30/30 is a God.

From my end to really justify the push to 40/40 something offense wise needs to turn up at th10.

Th11 is a complete non starter in its current form, likely forever. I never really seriously considered it unless it had an exclusive dark troop.

I'm lost. My only question is, will fbgs get better matchups...ever?

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that they will NOT rescale war weight to 100. They are so ####### lazy that they are going to take 10 and turn it to 11. Literally.

So 110 at 11 will likely consist of

2 - Xbow

5 - The mortar fire thing

2 - New Hero maxed out. probably add 1 just putting it down.

Rounding provided by wiz tower and maybe the other new towers they added that I can't remember right now.

So can somebody give me the 20 second crash course on what I need to do with my max TH9 when this update comes out...

If you aren't interested in moving to TH10 yet, then I think having enough elix to buy freeze1 is about the only thing you need to worry about.

So can somebody give me the 20 second crash course on what I need to do with my max TH9 when this update comes out...

Uninstall.

Take your phone and any device you use to play the game and smash it into pieces, then set it on fire, then smoke the ashes.

• Like 1

If you aren't interested in moving to TH10 yet, then I think having enough elix to buy freeze1 is about the only thing you need to worry about.

There's no indication this will not be given for free.

Uninstall.

Take your phone and any device you use to play the game and smash it into pieces, then set it on fire, then smoke the ashes.

:lmao:

Uninstall.

before doing the above, you also need to move your TH in

• Like 2

cool, thanks

That's true -- forgot it came initially with the spell factory upgrade

Trip, it seems like there actually is nothing you need to save for after all.

Edited by sartre

Is there more incentive to go to TH10?

Is there more incentive to go to TH10?

This is gonna depend on just how easy TH9 triples come post update. TH9 won't be a ton of fun if every raid is a first hit triple. It may take a month for people to figure out how to drag again, however. And lots of people never bothered upgrading their zaps.

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that they will NOT rescale war weight to 100. They are so ####### lazy that they are going to take 10 and turn it to 11. Literally.

2 - Xbow

Rounding provided by wiz tower and maybe the other new towers they added that I can't remember right now.

Why does it matter whether max is 100 or 110 or 183? I don't understand.

2 - Xbow

Because they would have to take 10 out of somewhere else. And they'd have to think long and hard about where those came from. Now they just layer this on top and move on.

Gives very little hope that they would rebalance war weighting and help matchmaking. Now that I think about it it makes sense that they raised max to compensate for bigger bases. They have been cutting loot bonuses across other leagues so less war loot (relatively) wouldn't have been shocking.

2 - Xbow

Because they would have to take 10 out of somewhere else. And they'd have to think long and hard about where those came from. Now they just layer this on top and move on.

Gives very little hope that they would rebalance war weighting and help matchmaking. Now that I think about it it makes sense that they raised max to compensate for bigger bases. They have been cutting loot bonuses across other leagues so less war loot (relatively) wouldn't have been shocking.

Can you explain this as if I have no clue about what's going on?

2 - Xbow

When you attack a max th10 in war the available loot up for grabs is 100k/100k/500. The 100 is the "war weight".

For some reason it's a big deal that they aren't keeping the max base at 100 and shows just how lazy supercell is. Turds.

2 - Xbow

Previously a 100% max TH10 was a 100 in war weight. A 100% max TH9 was 74. TH8 was what? 58 or something, I forget.

When they messed with the wall weight and hero weight out of the 100 from TH10 the content of the 100 coming from walls was super high, but it's even worse on a % basis for TH9 out of their 74. By some accounts up to 25% of a max TH9 weight is carried in walls. I think it's more like 20, and TH10's wall weight is about 15% of the total weight. Either way the way walls weigh at TH9/10 is hugely imbalanced as a % of total max.

I had hope, low hope, but hope that they would use this as an opportunity to turn down wall weight and other towers (relatively) to squeeze in the new stuff to make a newly constituted 100.

By the way if they don't add another wall level this will only serve to make the wall issue even worse, relatively, at both 9 and 10 war matchmaking.

Edited by culdeus

By the way if they don't add another wall level this will only serve to make the wall issue even worse, relatively, at both 9 and 10 war matchmaking.

yep they have to add another. probably raound 6m a pop

just wondering what kind of wall itll be.. we already have the lava not sure what would be next

Copied from reddit, says it better than I could have rationalizing why no new TH10 troops and why they are (in some people's minds) wrecking TH9;

1) Any new troops or spells at TH10 would delay some TH10 from hitting the TH11 upgrade button. This is bad in the short-term for Supercell, because those players will be less likely to buy gems on December 10th or anytime this month.

2) A 'balanced' TH10 would keep some players from EVER going to 11. This is bad for Supercell in the long term, because players that never upgrade also never (or very rarely) buy gems.

There are a lot of players sitting at max (or near max) TH9 that haven't spent much or anything on gems in months. Supercell doesn't want that happening again at TH10.

Copied from reddit, says it better than I could have rationalizing why no new TH10 troops and why they are (in some people's minds) wrecking TH9;

1) Any new troops or spells at TH10 would delay some TH10 from hitting the TH11 upgrade button. This is bad in the short-term for Supercell, because those players will be less likely to buy gems on December 10th or anytime this month.

2) A 'balanced' TH10 would keep some players from EVER going to 11. This is bad for Supercell in the long term, because players that never upgrade also never (or very rarely) buy gems.

There are a lot of players sitting at max (or near max) TH9 that haven't spent much or anything on gems in months. Supercell doesn't want that happening again at TH10.

Wait a sec. A company wants to make money? Get the hell out of here.