What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

If you go from Max Defense TH10 to Max Defense TH11 knowing what is available now from the time your TH finishes to completely max with 5 builders will be 36 days. The Archer Tower taking the longest time to complete of all the available upgrades.

This seems a little, brief.

If you go from Max Defense TH10 to Max Defense TH11 knowing what is available now from the time your TH finishes to completely max with 5 builders will be 36 days. The Archer Tower taking the longest time to complete of all the available upgrades.

20 levels of Grand Warden down?

Also, protecting DE will not likely be all that hard. TH11 will have no use for it and will be happy to take a base with easy to access elixer. All they have to spend DE on are witch/minion lab upgrades. Warden is done with elixer which is going to be a wasteland for awhile. Could be an awful time to make the jump from 9 to 10 and do the camps.

Also when TH10 launched:

1 inferno, a new AT and canon, DE drill and a giant bomb in terms of new buildings.

AD and Xbows got a new level.

AQ and BK got new levels.

Dragon, Golem and Healer got upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
TH10: We got no troops, our builders got no jobs.... our heros HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

Also, protecting DE will not likely be all that hard. TH11 will have no use for it and will be happy to take a base with easy to access elixer. All they have to spend DE on are witch/minion lab upgrades. Warden is done with elixer which is going to be a wasteland for awhile. Could be an awful time to make the jump from 9 to 10 and do the camps.

Also when TH10 launched:

1 inferno, a new AT and canon, DE drill and a giant bomb in terms of new buildings.

I see parallels. More TH11 stuff will be rolled out over time, and they will continue to adjust TH10, just as they have continued to adjust TH9.

The xbow takes 45 days. And the wiz tower takes 38 days just to get to level 8.

From there you have 5 wiz tower to upgrade to level 9, presumably 14 days apiece.

But your point stands, it won't take very long for a TH11 to initially max defenses (minus the Warden statue)

I'm lost. My only question is, will fbgs get better matchups...ever?
Lost in the shuffle is the fact that they will NOT rescale war weight to 100. They are so ####### lazy that they are going to take 10 and turn it to 11. Literally.

So 110 at 11 will likely consist of

2 - Xbow

5 - The mortar fire thing

2 - New Hero maxed out. probably add 1 just putting it down.

Rounding provided by wiz tower and maybe the other new towers they added that I can't remember right now.
Why does it matter whether max is 100 or 110 or 183? I don't understand.
Because they would have to take 10 out of somewhere else. And they'd have to think long and hard about where those came from. Now they just layer this on top and move on.

Gives very little hope that they would rebalance war weighting and help matchmaking. Now that I think about it it makes sense that they raised max to compensate for bigger bases. They have been cutting loot bonuses across other leagues so less war loot (relatively) wouldn't have been shocking.
Can you explain this as if I have no clue about what's going on?
Previously a 100% max TH10 was a 100 in war weight. A 100% max TH9 was 74. TH8 was what? 58 or something, I forget.

When they messed with the wall weight and hero weight out of the 100 from TH10 the content of the 100 coming from walls was super high, but it's even worse on a % basis for TH9 out of their 74. By some accounts up to 25% of a max TH9 weight is carried in walls. I think it's more like 20, and TH10's wall weight is about 15% of the total weight. Either way the way walls weigh at TH9/10 is hugely imbalanced as a % of total max.

I had hope, low hope, but hope that they would use this as an opportunity to turn down wall weight and other towers (relatively) to squeeze in the new stuff to make a newly constituted 100.
Okay. Back to my original question. Why can't max TH11 be 121 - or whatever - in weight? And why can't the next update - or the update they say is going to be war-focused - include weight recalculations?

Lost in the shuffle is the fact that they will NOT rescale war weight to 100. They are so ####### lazy that they are going to take 10 and turn it to 11. Literally.

2 - Xbow

Rounding provided by wiz tower and maybe the other new towers they added that I can't remember right now.
Because they would have to take 10 out of somewhere else. And they'd have to think long and hard about where those came from. Now they just layer this on top and move on.

Gives very little hope that they would rebalance war weighting and help matchmaking. Now that I think about it it makes sense that they raised max to compensate for bigger bases. They have been cutting loot bonuses across other leagues so less war loot (relatively) wouldn't have been shocking.
Previously a 100% max TH10 was a 100 in war weight. A 100% max TH9 was 74. TH8 was what? 58 or something, I forget.

When they messed with the wall weight and hero weight out of the 100 from TH10 the content of the 100 coming from walls was super high, but it's even worse on a % basis for TH9 out of their 74. By some accounts up to 25% of a max TH9 weight is carried in walls. I think it's more like 20, and TH10's wall weight is about 15% of the total weight. Either way the way walls weigh at TH9/10 is hugely imbalanced as a % of total max.

I had hope, low hope, but hope that they would use this as an opportunity to turn down wall weight and other towers (relatively) to squeeze in the new stuff to make a newly constituted 100.
Okay. Back to my original question. Why can't max TH11 be 121 - or whatever - in weight? And why can't the next update - or the update they say is going to be war-focused - include weight recalculations?
And, uh, how do we know they are not changing it in this update?

2 - Xbow

One can hope.

But when people say "War matchmaking sucks" they are mainly referring to the relative weight of walls to hero levels being skewed heavy to wall weight. There's no indication that SC sees any issue with this, their precious gowipe benefits from seeing easier walls, relatively with the prior change.

To say, why not 121 or whatever just discounts the fact that to make the new stuff fit in 100 requires them taking it away from somewhere. Wishful thinking on my part. I guess.

2 - Xbow

The entire premise is flawed because it assumes 'defensive value' = war weight. :P

That objection aside, we are all better served that SC did not rescale this value, because it would mean less war loot bonuses across the board. Also, for the very few that do any analyses on these numbers, it prevents needing to use pre-update vs post-update mulitpliers.

I'm not sure why culdeus would be offended that SC went this direction.

Also when TH10 launched:

Perfect time for nox to hit the button!

I would take less war loot if they just de-skewed the walls. I think most of us would.
But what you call the 'wall skew' is completely independent of the scale, so it makes no sense to complain about the scale. War loot vs. 'wall skew' is a false choice.

TH11 will have no use for DE and will be happy to take a base with easy to access elixer. All they have to spend DE on are witch/minion lab upgrades. Warden is done with elixer which is going to be a wasteland for awhile. Could be an awful time to make the jump from 9 to 10 and do the camps.
Agree - elixir appears to become the premium resource (and source of player frustration) for TH10/TH11 after the update.

I would take less war loot if they just de-skewed the walls. I think most of us would.
But what you call the 'wall skew' is completely independent of the scale, so it makes no sense to complain about the scale. War loot vs. 'wall skew' is a false choice.
Fine, it was silly to think they would leave max base at 100. I get that now.

Maybe the vaunted "war update" will overhaul wars in some meaningful way.

So, what the hell is a TH9 supposed to do with this freeze spell?
My wild theory on this is such that a TH9 has a prayer at hitting a TH11, not a 10. You can use the freeze to shut down the new defense for one shot and give you a prayer of getting your kill squad inside it's no kill zone. This assumes that once frozen it has to start it's animation again, like a single target inferno. The thing also puts a little marker on the map telling you what will get hit so you can decide on the fly whether it's worth using if lets say it's gonna hit a clump of loons or some barch or something.

I bet they playtested 9 on 11 and found it to be literally a 0% chance so their only option was to go this route.

Again, just a guess.

I might retire Cliff Sr and just roll with Cliff Jr. TH8 seems like the only TH that hasn't been ruined. There a bunch of moran's.

Also when TH10 launched:

Perfect time for nox to hit the button!
DONE!!!

Cliff Clavin said:
I might retire Cliff Sr and just roll with Cliff Jr. TH8 seems like the only TH that hasn't been ruined. There a bunch of moran's.
They're

And I agree, beer jr @ TH8 is looking more tempting than pushing beer sr to TH10 at this point.

Quattro is occupied by peaceful villages.

I suggest creating "FBG5: Pushers" so that we can finally hold our draft and have an arranged war.

Anytime you all want to start something with an outside group, it can be arranged.

Inside scrims are fun as well.

I suggest creating "FBG5: Pushers" so that we can finally hold our draft and have an arranged war.
Sorry. No way will I be on a team named "Pushers". Quattro is L6, why waste it on peaceful villages? Those can go to Boog to rest, right?

If this was all a joke, disregard my comments!

Sorry. No way will I be on a team named "Pushers". Quattro is L6, why waste it on peaceful villages? Those can go to Boog to rest, right?

Yes, I was kidding. Feel free to come on over. MASS EXODUS!!

Anyone there warring?

Anyone there warring?
Nope. We had a practice war last week and used just 5 attacks between 3 players.

Yes, I was kidding. Feel free to come on over.MASS EXODUS!!
Anyone there warring?
Nope. We had a practice war last week and used just 5 attacks between 3 players.
:mellow: Sounds fun.
It does?The game kinda sucks. I only log on to admire my cauldrons. Otherwise, I would have already uninstalled.

Users who are viewing this thread