What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

the other message people are getting is:

"Your personal break has been extended multiple times and will now reset. To avoid this in the future, make sure your townhall is protected, and by increasing your trophy count"

What the ####?

I could envision a situation where a player in Silver with a big base and no loot basically gets banned from playing again if all the things fall just right. Tell me this isn't real.

• Play for 3 hours + VG?
  • Empties all loot into walls etc. Leaves really low loot.
  • Maxed out TH10 scary looking base for anyone TH protected
  • Offers less than 15k/15k/1000
  • In silver so no cups
  • Even collectors are guarded such that 30% is hard
Will this person ever be able to play again?

Last edited by a moderator:
The personal break timer resets after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Edit: I got kicked for PBT right before lunch. By the time I got back, things work back to normal without an attack.

I could envision a situation where a player in Silver with a big base and no loot basically gets banned from playing again if all the things fall just right. Tell me this isn't real.

• Play for 3 hours + VG?
  • Empties all loot into walls etc. Leaves really low loot.
  • Maxed out TH10 scary looking base for anyone TH protected
  • Offers less than 15k/15k/1000
  • In silver so no cups
  • Even collectors are guarded such that 30% is hard
Will this person ever be able to play again?
Nope. They are finished. For good. If SC hasn't fixed this problem already, then obviously they want those players eliminated so there are more clouds for the rest of us.

the other message people are getting is:

"Your personal break has been extended multiple times and will now reset. To avoid this in the future, make sure your townhall is protected, and by increasing your trophy count"

What the ####?
So this means in english

"You went 30 minutes without getting a shield, you should be happy we let you even play."

Wow, people are absolutely furious over at SC Forums. They are hitting that corner case where if on for 3 hours but can't get a shield you basically can't play. People have war attacks to get in that they couldn't this morning and are about to firebomb SC HQ. I can see how if you have basically no loot and a good base people will just next you forever until your collectors fill up enough to get hit and even then there's no lock to get a shield if it's just a collector raid.
Craig is totally screwed. That guy always spends hours online and then rushes to war attack right at the end. NOW, he will completely miss them.

Sorry man...couldn't resist!

Wow, people are absolutely furious over at SC Forums. They are hitting that corner case where if on for 3 hours but can't get a shield you basically can't play. People have war attacks to get in that they couldn't this morning and are about to firebomb SC HQ. I can see how if you have basically no loot and a good base people will just next you forever until your collectors fill up enough to get hit and even then there's no lock to get a shield if it's just a collector raid.
Craig is totally screwed. That guy always spends hours online and then rushes to war attack right at the end. NOW, he will completely miss them.

Well it will be a big pain in the butt for people trying to coordinate late in wars. If your base is low value you could get locked out for 30 minutes.

That's ok, Jamie will steal his iPad and go on a rant in the SC forums for him.

So if you're online for 3 hours straight you get the PBT? And then can't raid again until you're attacked?

Can someone explain this to me like I'm me?

Thanks

So if you're online for 3 hours straight you get the PBT? And then can't raid again until you're attacked?

Thanks
On for three hours and you get the boot.

If you get attacked and get a shield, it's just like always.

If you don't get attacked or get attacked but don't get a shield you get a 15 minute village guard to reset traps, raid, whatever.

But after the village guard is over you get booted again a 2nd, and the a 3rd time unless you get a shield.

Thanks
On for three hours and you get the boot.

If you get attacked and get a shield, it's just like always.

If you don't get attacked or get attacked but don't get a shield you get a 15 minute village guard to reset traps, raid, whatever.

But after the village guard is over you get booted again a 2nd, and the a 3rd time unless you get a shield.
What does "on for 3 hours" constitute? On without logging out period?

Could you dodge this by logging out for 5 minutes?

"Playing" includes clan chatting, watching war attacks, filling CC requests, redesigning bases, rebuilding armies, and (allegedly) village guard time even if you aren't online at all.

My Th10 hasn't been attacked all day

Eta: I've had someone do a single troop trophy drop though

Pretty sure you can cancel the be off six minutes, cancel the village guard, be off six minutes, cancel the village guard, be off six minutes and then be good for another three-hour session. That's 18 total minutes off every three hours.

I seriously don't understand the lockout after timer expires. What possible reason to require you have a shield to come back on?

Pretty sure you can cancel the be off six minutes, cancel the village guard, be off six minutes, cancel the village guard, be off six minutes and then be good for another three-hour session. That's 18 total minutes off every three hours.
I dunno. The threads at the sc forum don't make it seem that easy. I don't know and rarely play that much in a row, but, if its a cumulative timer, it can impact me during war easily. I like to get a shield during attack day and watch war activity. Also with no timer visible, how do you know if you are "allowed" to boost? Boost barracks, whoops...break time for you.

Yea but seriously, #### that. What business model drives away it's constituents and then penalizes them for not garnering some arbitrary shield?

I seriously don't understand the lockout after timer expires. What possible reason to require you have a shield to come back on?
Dumbest ####### thing I've ever seen, makes no sense.

If you have been raiding for three hours, they think you deserve to lose loot.That's all I can come up with.
To defeat the modders who would raid continuously?
But the latter part is not antimod. Not being able to carry enough loot to attract a shield is not a reason to freeze people out.

Others report that because they give you more margin for offline time you don't really have to be on your phone that much at all to trip the 3hrs.

They want to force everyone to have to expose their base for a defense.

But if people are not getting defenses and unable to get back on, it seems like they will have to tweak that.

ETA: They should definitely show the online timer as a countdown or something.

Day 1 went good for me in terms of gaining more than I lost. But not being able to time my 12 hour shield will hurt. Plus, now ill get attacked as I sleep. If I don't get shielded, I'll sleep through village guard

Really think they should give you an option for auto reset traps. Shouldn't be too hard

If you want a shield that bad and have no loot, put your TH out. Cost some trophies but if you're in gold/silver, who cares?
That won't work. And it's exactly what they are trying to stop. Did you not read the warning they give when you get frozen? They specifically say that if you are some kind of jerk that leave their TH out still go #### yourself.

Day 1 went good for me in terms of gaining more than I lost. But not being able to time my 12 hour shield will hurt. Plus, now ill get attacked as I sleep. If I don't get shielded, I'll sleep through village guard

Really think they should give you an option for auto reset traps. Shouldn't be too hard
Their way around this is that you can self destruct your shield if you want.

Their way around this is that you can self destruct your shield if you want.
yeah, but who knows when ill be attacked again. It was close to 2 hours this morning

Everyone is running to silver right now. Considering setting th out. Too lazy to drop. Masters champs days are over.

Everyone is running to silver right now. Considering setting th out. Too lazy to drop. Masters champs days are over.
Why? Plenty of loot in masters
Th11 need primarily elixer. To get it need to barch and use lightweight armies. That doesnt fly in high levels.

This is one of the wierder things. The warden needs elixer only.

Also the loot in silver is insane. Honestly, I think it dries up everywhere in a few days. Especially elixer.

With the huge cuts in league bonus and no th snipes its just simply more efficient to hammer weak bases with gibarch.

Th11 need primarily elixer. To get it need to barch and use lightweight armies. That doesnt fly in high levels.

Also the loot in silver is insane. Honestly, I think it dries up everywhere in a few days. Especially elixer.

With the huge cuts in league bonus and no th snipes its just simply more efficient to hammer weak bases with gibarch.
Um, no. Every base I have come across at 3341 has more than enough elix. I am max in elix right now and dont see that changing in the two weeks it will take for th11 to build. I have to say that so far I am happy with how I have done. I havent lost anywhere near what I could have or thought I would have while being able to take down some monsters. The only issue for me is losing my night 12 hour shield knowing I could collect full collectors. Last night wasnt so bad.

I also will never be able to attack 3 times in my shield. I wont boost and spells just take too long to cook.

Um, no. Every base I have come across at 3341 has more than enough elix. I am max in elix right now and dont see that changing in the two weeks it will take for th11 to build. I have to say that so far I am happy with how I have done. I havent lost anywhere near what I could have or thought I would have while being able to take down some monsters. The only issue for me is losing my night 12 hour shield knowing I could collect full collectors. Last night wasnt so bad.

I also will never be able to attack 3 times in my shield. I wont boost and spells just take too long to cook.
Yeah, I'm skipping past tons of loaded TH10s in champs. Most loot I've ever seen.

Th11 need primarily elixer. To get it need to barch and use lightweight armies. That doesnt fly in high levels.This is one of the wierder things. The warden needs elixer only.

Um, no. Every base I have come across at 3341 has more than enough elix. I am max in elix right now and dont see that changing in the two weeks it will take for th11 to build. I have to say that so far I am happy with how I have done. I havent lost anywhere near what I could have or thought I would have while being able to take down some monsters. The only issue for me is losing my night 12 hour shield knowing I could collect full collectors. Last night wasnt so bad. I also will never be able to attack 3 times in my shield. I wont boost and spells just take too long to cook.
Yeah, I'm skipping past tons of loaded TH10s in champs. Most loot I've ever seen.
I agree but its gonna take a lot for this to keep up. Many people are stuffing for th11.

Won't really be able to evaluate for a couple weeks when everyone that went th11 gets there

And nice to see that people can still mod in wars. Meta clans are safe.
You all still start at like 6pm? I suggest pushing back to like 1 or 2pm. This puts you in China's bedtime. Not to be racist but its pretty well known they just don't give a ####. The Muslims you get tend to play clean.

Users who are viewing this thread