What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (8 Viewers)

After spending like a drunken sailor yesterday on upgrades I was literally down to 0/0/0 in gold/elixer/DE - barely enough to build armies.

At the end of the day I was at 5 mil gold, almost 2 mil elixer and 25k in DE. Raiding with full blown armies and spells.

Champs 3/2/1 is alive and well.

I do see a ton of guys in Titan dropping quickly.

And nice to see that people can still mod in wars. Meta clans are safe.
You all still start at like 6pm? I suggest pushing back to like 1 or 2pm. This puts you in China's bedtime. Not to be racist but its pretty well known they just don't give a ####. The Muslims you get tend to play clean.
Started around 9pm for this match. Dude 3* sml who is a max defense base. This was after a th8 dropped a few troops and quit. 100% modded

You all still start at like 6pm? I suggest pushing back to like 1 or 2pm. This puts you in China's bedtime. Not to be racist but its pretty well known they just don't give a ####. The Muslims you get tend to play clean.
Started around 9pm for this match. Dude 3* sml who is a max defense base. This was after a th8 dropped a few troops and quit. 100% modded
Most of the clans I war with start at like 2pm to allow more involvement from EU members in the latter half of the war. This changes the makeup of the clans you get, alot. I think it's well known now that if you start past about 7pmEST you are just asking to hit an asian modding clan. SML alluded to it a week ago or so, but there is a super mod out there now It's a combination auto-touch/sandbox simulator and hasn't made it's way towards the US yet except in a few TWCs. The other thing about this one is that some of these clans might only be driven by 3 or 4 people. They can seamlessly migrate between accounts and program their war raids on one central server and often times can just push one button and that's it. It's really both amazing and sickening at the same time. The only hope here is the fuel that drove these guys, being snipes turns out to drive them away.

On C-Jay as well. Waiting for the 3* swing at him.

I think it's fair to say the days of the fully exposed TH are just about over. I hit next 100 times this morning and came across two and they both had less than 1000 DE.

Yesterday was glorious. I raided more bases yesterday then I have in any one week. I gemmed my AQ awake so I could put her back down again because of all the DE.

eagle artillery not really as strong as thought, they gave it a massive HP buff and turned down the DPS alot. If it doesn't get a direct strike on a target it's pretty weak. People that barch are posting videos laughing at how it takes three hits to kill an archer with splash and other things. But 4000!!!! HP that's a #### ton.

Early indications are they squashed the TH9 range down to just 15. Holy ####. That's absolutely insane and a earthshattering change. Max everything, immediately, yesterday. TH10 range they dropped to 20 which isn't that big a deal. To get that last 5 pounds you had to be damn near 40/40 all max walls.

That the TH11 range is 20 and all they got was an xbow and the eagle means that eagle thing weighs a #### ton.

First thoughts is for a TH10 that's sort of mid-level I don't think you will draw a TH11 with the eagle, but if you have the eagle you damn well will draw one.

This is actually good. Really good. Was worried the range would be so tight that you could be facing a bad 10/11 mismatch fairly early.

This is bad if you are a th9 though. The 10/9 mismatches will be a big thing now.

First thoughts is for a TH10 that's sort of mid-level I don't think you will draw a TH11 with the eagle, but if you have the eagle you damn well will draw one.

This is actually good. Really good. Was worried the range would be so tight that you could be facing a bad 10/11 mismatch fairly early.

This is bad if you are a th9 though. The 10/9 mismatches will be a big thing now.
...and enter freeze from stage right.

Early indications are they squashed the TH9 range down to just 15. Holy ####. That's absolutely insane and a earthshattering change. Max everything, immediately, yesterday. TH10 range they dropped to 20 which isn't that big a deal. To get that last 5 pounds you had to be damn near 40/40 all max walls.

That the TH11 range is 20 and all they got was an xbow and the eagle means that eagle thing weighs a #### ton.
We'll wait for you to translate this into English.

Time to quit the game....been saying it for weeks!!

The matchmaker are going to treat all TH9 the same, more or less. The range is so small there won't be a way for inside TH9 for the system to really distinguish them. Previously, the range was large enough that you could artificially deflate your war weight to decrease the chances of drawing a completely max TH9 while having a small chance of getting a TH8. This was more effective in larger clan war sizes than smaller where there are more clans searching.

It means nothing unless you're trying to game the system.

over the last 9 months, I've become a more casual player. I'll attack 1-2 times when my shield is about to expire, then log off to get a new shield. rinse and repeat. I would rarely get hit for large amounts of loot. This would allow me over time to slowly save up for upgrades.

Now, I don't see how I can do this. when I get hit, its for 300k of each and 2500 de minimum. that's every 12 hours and assuming that I only get attacked once before I get a shield. Is COC basically telling me to stop playing this game? I don't see how I can save any loot for upgrades under the new system. so I'm perpetually stuck where I am.

if I could spend 2-3 hours at a time farming, I could make things work but I don't have the time for that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
over the last 9 months, I've become a more casual player. I'll attack 1-2 times when my shield is about to expire, then log off to get a new shield. rinse and repeat. I would rarely get hit for large amounts of loot. This would allow me over time to slowly save up for upgrades.

Now, I don't see how I can do this. when I get hit, its for 300k of each and 2500 de minimum. that's every 12 hours and assuming that I only get attacked once before I get a shield. Is COC basically telling me to stop playing this game? I don't see how I can save any loot for upgrades under the new system. so I'm perpetually stuck where I am.

if I could spend 2-3 hours at a time farming, I could make things work but I don't have the time for that anymore.
:yes:

jomar said:

This is basically where I'm at. Plan is to farm rather actively to 30/40 and just war only for awhile. I want to be proven wrong that this new farming model is sustainable as-is or wait for a patch as well as better war troops at th10/11.

There is Christmas gem boost coming up as well and I will farm the #### out of that.

I'm going to quit farming at 20/20 and just war.

I'll never go to th10.

I'll go th9.5 and just max offense.

Im going to quit farming at 20/30 and just war.

I'm going to quit farming at 20/33 (33 magical number) and just war.

I'll max my point defenses but no way am I building infernos. Like ever.

I'll max my queen then just war.

I'm building infernos!!!

I'm going to quit farming at 30/40 and just war.

Signed

Culd

Any guesses what comes next? I'm thinking maybe 40/40.

Just poking the bear.

jomar said:

being in the same situation as you, I was concerned. However, the ability to next without breaking shield is huge. Just next until you find a base you know you can take. I generally don't hit anything below 300,000 of each unless the DE is above 4,000. That way, with the bonus, im close to a million in resources for the win. Then you can decide if you want to trim the shield even more by doing it again. Out of three attacks, only one hit me hard and that was with warden 18. It will be harder for sure, but it can be done. Im well over 2 million of each since the upgrade went live and I've only attacked 3-4 timesI could be a little off on the numbers, but I'm in a good spot

I'm going to quit farming at 20/20 and just war.

I'll never go to th10.

I'll go th9.5 and just max offense.

Im going to quit farming at 20/30 and just war.

I'm going to quit farming at 20/33 (33 magical number) and just war.

I'll max my point defenses but no way am I building infernos. Like ever.

I'll max my queen then just war.

I'm building infernos!!!

I'm going to quit farming at 30/40 and just war.

Signed

Culd

Any guesses what comes next? I'm thinking maybe 40/40.

Just poking the bear.
Yeah, I change my mind alot. I have really, really slowed down on farming though. Last season I think had under 100 raids for first time ever. I never used to get close to letting shields expire and would frequently go 2-3 days just idle. Still really active with war, but farming has gotten stale and farming just leads to weakness in wars with sleeping heroes. I'm not getting better at war with them sleeping and people don't want a 90+ or whatever that converts to now with a down hero of any kind, max queen or not. So that's drastically changed my approach. I could easily see once gem boost is done never really actively farming again.

jomar said:

being in the same situation as you, I was concerned. However, the ability to next without breaking shield is huge. Just next until you find a base you know you can take. I generally don't hit anything below 300,000 of each unless the DE is above 4,000. That way, with the bonus, im close to a million in resources for the win. Then you can decide if you want to trim the shield even more by doing it again. Out of three attacks, only one hit me hard and that was with warden 18. It will be harder for sure, but it can be done. Im well over 2 million of each since the upgrade went live and I've only attacked 3-4 timesI could be a little off on the numbers, but I'm in a good spot
what are you attacking with?

jomar said:

what are you attacking with?
24 loons1 lava hound

45 minions

CC of air and a BK. Queen has 2 days left to 30

crunching the numbers, I don't see how I can make it work. I'm used to barch and a more expensive army will cut into my profits. and like I said, I don't have time to be farming as much anymore. I'm at work all day and asleep at night. that leaves a few hours every day and I'm not going to spend them farming when I have more important things to be doing.

just seems like this last update is going to eliminate a lot of casual players like me. you can't advance in the game unless you're willing to spend a couple hours a day at a minimum farming. no thanks. I'll just go find a new game to play for 15-30 minutes here and there.

crunching the numbers, I don't see how I can make it work. I'm used to barch and a more expensive army will cut into my profits. and like I said, I don't have time to be farming as much anymore. I'm at work all day and asleep at night. that leaves a few hours every day and I'm not going to spend them farming when I have more important things to be doing.

just seems like this last update is going to eliminate a lot of casual players like me. you can't advance in the game unless you're willing to spend a couple hours a day at a minimum farming. no thanks. I'll just go find a new game to play for 15-30 minutes here and there.
I think it will take adjusting for sure. Instead of 3 or 4 GiBarch attacks in your window that you get to play, you might be able to build a longer build time army and only attack twice for the same profits. I think it will be easier to find good loot bases long term.

culdeus said:
thecatch said:
culdeus said:

The matchmaker are going to treat all TH9 the same, more or less. The range is so small there won't be a way for inside TH9 for the system to really distinguish them. Previously, the range was large enough that you could artificially deflate your war weight to decrease the chances of drawing a completely max TH9 while having a small chance of getting a TH8. This was more effective in larger clan war sizes than smaller where there are more clans searching.
If true this does mean TH8s going to TH9 can now go to town building and upgrading xbows and witches if the gap between a new TH9 and a max TH9 becomes minimalized. Makes sense since the assumption was TH10 becomes the new TH9, Infernos and TH10 offensive upgrades become more a factor in matchmaking.

culdeus said:
thecatch said:
culdeus said:

If true this does mean TH8s going to TH9 can now go to town building and upgrading xbows and witches if the gap between a new TH9 and a max TH9 becomes minimalized. Makes sense since the assumption was TH10 becomes the new TH9, Infernos and TH10 offensive upgrades become more a factor in matchmaking.
Tell me what you want me to do boss. Max my xbows? Go to TH10? Max walls. Lemme know. Thanks

culdeus said:
thecatch said:
culdeus said:

I never bought into the offense factoring in to matchmaking thing. Even if it mattered everyone, with the exception of like the first 6 weeks at a particular TH lacking certain troop levels. At that point everyone has the same stuff. I wouldn't even know what to put in lab to artificially keep offense low? Pekka/Valks and you could maybe just skip hogs and do loons and hounds only leaving golems at level 1 and take cc golem. Sort of like what Shuke became.

As to defense, if the top and bottom of the TH are so close that they can fall within 10% I wouldn't worry about the defense weight much. Only in the very, very largest clans would such a thing seem to make sense.

culdeus said:
thecatch said:
culdeus said:

Tell me what you want me to do boss. Max my xbows? Go to TH10? Max walls. Lemme know. Thanks
Uninstall the game FTW :thumbup:

culdeus said:
thecatch said:
culdeus said:

Uninstall the game FTW :thumbup:
maxing xbows is priority as a TH9 now imo. btw we never advocated not upgrading them, just waiting until your offense was upgraded enough to do real damage to TH9 opponents. Others pretty much debunked this earlier anyway even before the update, it was just the way I chose to play.

I don't plan on going max on walls, all legos is what i'm aiming for if i ever decide to go to th10. I don't really plan on going to th10, i have tough enough time at th9 in wars (I only play for war as you already know) and i would hate Honda wars to turn into FBGS wars. it's way too hard and often not fun to know you really can't add much to the party. but i said i'd never have multiple accounts, never will buy gems, never will go to th9, etc. etc.

Based on what we know now if you were to push a button for a new th, any th, now would be the time with holiday gem boost around the corner.

maxing xbows is priority as a TH9 now imo. btw we never advocated not upgrading them, just waiting until your offense was upgraded enough to do real damage to TH9 opponents. Others pretty much debunked this earlier anyway even before the update, it was just the way I chose to play.

I don't plan on going max on walls, all legos is what i'm aiming for if i ever decide to go to th10. I don't really plan on going to th10, i have tough enough time at th9 in wars (I only play for war as you already know) and i would hate Honda wars to turn into FBGS wars. it's way too hard and often not fun to know you really can't add much to the party. but i said i'd never have multiple accounts, never will buy gems, never will go to th9, etc. etc.
Roger dodger

Users who are viewing this thread