What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

How much interest is there in warring 3 times a week? I'm curious because I don't want to be left in a clan that's down to 20 members if everyone migrates to the war clan.
im thinking once the all war all the time clan starts it will be full

then fbg2 can merge with fbg1
So, no need for a 3rd clan. Just have one of the existing clans be perm war, and the other once a week.
That sounds like the way to do this. Have one of the clans go to war 2x or 3x per week, the other stay 1x per week, and let people vote with their feet.
Yep. Let the war mongers clan hop while the rest of us stay put.

Hopefully, that means that both clans will even out at ~40 members each?

How much interest is there in warring 3 times a week? I'm curious because I don't want to be left in a clan that's down to 20 members if everyone migrates to the war clan.

Nooooooo

I think this fear is why the idea originally was met like a level 1 balloon against a maxed AD

We've had a good thing going, and the purpose of a third clan would not be to weaken the other two to the point of merger.

I'm guessing there might be a nucleus of ten or so that stay in the WarClan full time. I think FBG1 would still be at capacity during the FBG1 war. FBG2 would probably settle around 30, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Basically WarClan would be visited by those that wanted to war while their Home clan was idle. Historically that number has been around 20, most from FBG1.

I'm a big fan of the one war per week per clan, I'm not sure I could/would participate in more. However, at some point people are going to be left out of the shuffle - hasn't happened to me yet as I have been able to switch between wars and stay active with attacking/donating, but it will come to that.

So, no need for a 3rd clan. Just have one of the existing clans be perm war, and the other once a week.
This idea was suggested several times in the old thread (see pages 84-85 or so). There were enough members from each clan that expressed interest in keeping it limited to once weekly. Which is understandable.

Regardless, we could very well surpass 100 in the next month or two, in which case a 3rd clan is inevitable.

at some point people are going to be left out of the shuffle - hasn't happened to me yet as I have been able to switch between wars and stay active with attacking/donating, but it will come to that.
That point was reached in the FBG2 war two weeks ago, and is the case again this week.

Nooooooo

I think this fear is why the idea originally was met like a level 1 balloon against a maxed AD

We've had a good thing going, and the purpose of a third clan would not be to weaken the other two to the point of merger.

I'm guessing there might be a nucleus of ten or so that stay in the WarClan full time. I think FBG1 would still be at capacity during the FBG1 war. FBG2 would probably settle around 30, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Basically WarClan would be visited by those that wanted to war while their Home clan was idle. Historically that number has been around 20, most from FBG1.
30 members is very quiet, especially when ~5 are inactive.

Members wouldn't need to visit WarClan if FBG1 had 2 weekly wars and TheBoog has 1. Only people that want 3 weekly wars would need to jump to Boog for a 3rd.

1, 2 or 3 = Something for everybody.

at some point people are going to be left out of the shuffle - hasn't happened to me yet as I have been able to switch between wars and stay active with attacking/donating, but it will come to that.
That point was reached in the FBG2 war two weeks ago, and is the case again this week.
We just need to release the inactives. I know we have a handful in Boog and igbomb already ID'd several in FBG1.

The "problem" is that we are getting new people in. Some are long-time message board people just getting into the game, and other are friends from elsewhere. This is leaving less room for the 20-25 people that have been jumping back-and-forth to war twice a week. Having a full-time war clan will definitely weaken the two current clans as the guys that love wars will stay in the new clan turning out war after war.

Again, I propose a third clan that wars early on Tuesday morning which will give us the following.

FBG1 - declares late Saturday night / war ends late Monday night

FBG3 - declares early Tuesday morning / war ends early Thursday morning

FBG2 - declares just after noon Thursday / war ends just after noon Saturday

We currently have 88 towns in our clans. If there are 20-25 (or even 30) roaming members, that means we'll have 60-70 people who will have more permanent homes. I propose the following general breakdown.

FBG3 - the high level towns that strive for tougher opponents. Maybe have a TH7 minimum to join here

FBG1 - the people currently in FBG1 who don't go to FBG3

FBG2 - the people currently in FBG2 who don't go to FBG3

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
We just need to release the inactives. I know we have a handful in Boog and igbomb already ID'd several in FBG1.
I think the idea about having a TH minimum is good. There are a few ways to eliminate folks, obviously inactives (those who don't use attacks) are easy, then you could look at donations - however that's a tough one since we have alot of lower level guys who can't cook dragons/hogs/high level archers/wizards and therefore their donations aren't of much use. I think we just auto boot anyone who doesn't attack for 2 consecutive wars. We should also have some expectation of at least one useful attack for the clan - a legit attempt to add stars to the total. Just random thoughts.

The "problem" is that we are getting new people in. Some are long-time message board people just getting into the game, and other are friends from elsewhere. This is leaving less room for the 20-25 people that have been jumping back-and-forth to war twice a week. Having a full-time war clan will definitely weaken the two current clans as the guys that love wars will stay in the new clan turning out war after war.

Again, I propose a third clan that wars early on Tuesday morning which will give us the following.

We currently have 88 towns in our clans. If there are 20-25 (or even 30) roaming members, that means we'll have 60-70 people who will have more permanent homes. I propose the following general breakdown.

FBG3 - the high level towns that strive for tougher opponents. Maybe have a TH7 minimum to join here

Thoughts?
That could work. A couple of limitations that come to mind quickly though:

1) Someone is stuck in FBG3 and unable to participate in more than one war a week, if it is mandated that FBG3 can only war once weekly.

2) There is no potential for intra-FBG wars

3) I'm not a fan of jumping around a lot. This is more of a nuisance than a concern really.

I am in favor of 3 wars per week, and I don't mind filling up cc troops for every war. I think if we have 4 or 5 of us who don't mind donating DE, then that eliminates that as an excuse. I will have a third DE pump soon and I am going to max it ASAP.

Having a full-time war clan will definitely weaken the two current clans as the guys that love wars will stay in the new clan turning out war after war.

Thoughts?
I think the result would be that 2 out of 3 clans will be near empty and quiet for 2/3rds of the week.

Thoughts?

1) Someone is stuck in FBG3 and unable to participate in more than one war a week, if it is mandated that FBG3 can only war once weekly.

3) I'm not a fan of jumping around a lot. This is more of a nuisance than a concern really.
1. There are high-level people that don't want more than one more a week.

2. The odds of that happening aren't worth worrying about.

3. No argument here.

Having a full-time war clan will definitely weaken the two current clans as the guys that love wars will stay in the new clan turning out war after war.

Thoughts?
I think the result would be that 2 out of 3 clans will be near empty and quiet for 2/3rds of the week.
Could be.

Thoughts?

1. There are high-level people that don't want more than one more a week.

2. The odds of that happening aren't worth worrying about.

3. No argument here.
It's hard to say what the odds are if we matchmake the same time. Might be low, but if we do it every week, I don't think it is negligible.

One thing I really like about constantly being in an active clan is that donations come almost instantly no matter what you ask for and at what time. Adding a third clan and a third war weekly would probably lead to two of the three clans being quiet on any given day.

Is anyone strongly against fbg1 going to two weekly wars? We could also adopt a min TH level if folks want to try to find stronger opponents.

What if we do this:

FBG1 goes to war twice a week and has a TH7 minimum level. If we don't have enough TH 7 and above we fill as needed with lower TH.

FBG2 still goes to war once per week. There are enough people who only want to war once per week that FBG2 should be active. For the war, the people who want to war three times per week jump over to donate troops and help fill the clan. If there are lower level TH in the clan, the war should give the lower level TH a real chance to do some damage. As the lower level TH progress they can move up into FBG1.

This should give everyone in the clan the opportunity to war at least once a week (FBG2), twice a week (FBG1), or three times a week (FBG1 & FBG2).

Thoughts?
Could be.
I know we're growing but for for the time being, but we'd be spreading our members pretty thin over 3 clans for the foreseeable future.

Plus, members that want 3 wars will be jumping 3 times a week.

My proposal of FBG1-2 wars & FBG2-1 war would only require 2 jumps.

What if we do this:

FBG1 goes to war twice a week and has a TH7 minimum level. If we don't have enough TH 7 and above we fill as needed with lower TH.

FBG2 still goes to war once per week. There are enough people who only want to war once per week that FBG2 should be active. For the war, the people who want to war three times per week jump over to donate troops and help fill the clan. If there are lower level TH in the clan, the war should give the lower level TH a real chance to do some damage. As the lower level TH progress they can move up into FBG1.

This should give everyone in the clan the opportunity to war at least once a week (FBG2), twice a week (FBG1), or three times a week (FBG1 & FBG2).
I'm on board with this one. If we do this, let's just make sure the folks below TH7 know where to go. Don't want to lose the players from the fbg army.

I'm guessing all the active, one war per week people will fit in one clan. They should all join, say, FBG2 and just stay there. There will be plenty of activity and donations.

The rest can go to FBG1 and war as much as they want. If someone wants a break, they can go to FBG2.

I'm not seeing the need for a third clan. Seems overly complicated.

What if we do this:

This is exactly what I've been proposing. :hifive:

Downside to creating a third clan:

We are spread too thin. The clans not at war would be fairly inactive

Downside to having a clan that is constantly warring:

The clans not at war would be fairly inactive. The big guns would rarely leave the warring clan.

Downside to having one clan go to twice-a-week wars:

There still won't be enough room for everyone to war if they want to do so. This is the issue we're seeing now.

We just need to decide which downside is more tolerable.

Is anyone strongly against fbg1 going to two weekly wars? We could also adopt a min TH level if folks want to try to find stronger opponents.
I am strongly in favor of this.

What if we do this:

I'm on board with this one. If we do this, let's just make sure the folks below TH7 know where to go. Don't want to lose the players from the fbg army.
This sounds very favorable to me as well.

What if we do this:

This is exactly what I've been proposing. :hifive:
If you go back to the old thread, this was proposed before, but shot down. I'm happy if the consensus is different this time!

fgb1 had 39 TH7+ members in the last war. And a couple of them were inactive, meaning we had 35-37 active TH7+ folks.

The clans not at war would be fairly inactive. The big guns would rarely leave the warring clan.

There still won't be enough room for everyone to war if they want to do so. This is the issue we're seeing now.

I'm not seeing your downside on the last option. Are there more than 50 people who want to war at least twice a week? We've had far fewer switching every week.

I'm not seeing your downside on the last option. Are there more than 50 people who want to war at least twice a week? We've had far fewer switching every week.
It's possible. Actually the one curveball to the 2-clan solution is if either subgroup numbers more than 50.

It's possible. Actually the one curveball to the 2-clan solution is if either subgroup numbers more than 50.
We have 88 in both clans combined right now. I think it's more efficient to at least see if we can split the members between the two along the lines we've been discussing than by complicating matters with a third clan and possibly weakening all three unnecessarily.

Maybe I'm alone here but I would like to stay in one clan that goes 3x a week. If I have schedule conflicts I'd like to back out to another, but that's not an absolute requirement.

Constant warring might lose it's appeal once I hit 150 stars. I'm only at 55 so it's gonna be awhile before that happens.

Thoughts?
Worth a try. We can adjust things down the road.

I like the idea of one clan warring 2x and the other clan warring 1x/week. I think we're going to have few enough that want to do 3x/week that they'll be able to jump between both clans without getting locked out.

Should we setup a poll asking people how often they'd like to war per week? That would get us at least somewhat accurate numbers.

We've covered the fact that unless you time the matchmaking like a space shuttle launch going back and forth between a 2x/1x clan isn't going to work. You have to have either a :

3x and 2x

OR

3x and 1x

For people that want to go 3x a week you MUST do it all in one self contained clan. There simply isn't enough time to make the transfers.

You might also need a minor league clan for overflow.

Maybe I'm alone here but I would like to stay in one clan that goes 3x a week. If I have schedule conflicts I'd like to back out to another, but that's not an absolute requirement.

Constant warring might lose it's appeal once I hit 150 stars. I'm only at 55 so it's gonna be awhile before that happens.
You're not alone. Ideally I would like to engage in 3 wars a week, but I'm happy just to be guaranteed two, if the majority can be satisfied.

There are folks who definitely want no more than one per week.

What makes this tricky to solve, I think, is that possibly the largest constituency cares little about the number of wars, they simply want to maximize clan activity.

What if we do this:

Sounds like a good plan to me. I want to war as much as possible because I want the gem rewards.

We've covered the fact that unless you time the matchmaking like a space shuttle launch going back and forth between a 2x/1x clan isn't going to work. You have to have either a :

3x and 2x

OR

3x and 1x

For people that want to go 3x a week you MUST do it all in one self contained clan. There simply isn't enough time to make the transfers.

Using Clayton's proposed schedule:

FBG1 - declares early Tuesday morning / war ends early Thursday morning

Times can be shifted for easier hopping.

3x and 2x

OR

3x and 1x

Using Clayton's proposed schedule:

FBG1 - declares early Tuesday morning / war ends early Thursday morning

Times can be shifted for easier hopping.
You miss the hop on Thursday though (at most a 4 hr window) and you can't do a 3x/week war. We covered this in the old thread. Hopping clans isn't the way to get 3/week. Math and RL doesn't work.

3x and 2x

OR

3x and 1x

I'd agree with the idea that 3 per week would need to be self contained in one clan.

I think there will be overwhelming support for the 3x and 1x in a poll based on the number of people who have indicated they are fine with one per week.

im in for the all the time war whether its 2x or 3x

I'll do my best to war as much as we are able to, doing 2x a week between FBG and FBG2 hasn't been a problem so 3x shouldn't be either. Note that I'm still low level on DE troops so mostly my contributions are archers and L3 Dragons, if that's sufficient for the next few weeks until I upgrade then I'd like to participate in more wars. (I'm a TH8 but behind the curve on other upgrades.)

I know you guys are all warring and serious and whatnot, but what the heck good is a Level 1 Giant? Seriously, this guy costs 500 elixir, barely moves, doesn't deliver all that much damage and doesn't last more than a few seconds in front of a cannon. Is there anything he is really useful for?

I know you guys are all warring and serious and whatnot, but what the heck good is a Level 1 Giant? Seriously, this guy costs 500 elixir, barely moves, doesn't deliver all that much damage and doesn't last more than a few seconds in front of a cannon. Is there anything he is really useful for?
Becoming Level 3 giants.

Giants are basically meat shields, they buy a little more time your troops behind them. If you use them in high enough numbers (I forget how many you might use at your TH level, say 8 of them) you can do some damages to the defenses. Yeah level 1 might not absorb much. They will be more useful later on when you get healers and heal spells.

Giants without a way to heal them are pretty useless at any level except 6. Those are beasts.

Giants coupled w/ healers is the first real leap in combat power in the game. Be patient until you get there and upgrade troops like crazy

Users who are viewing this thread