What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Agreed - been a long road to 200.

Also - now what?

Cartman gathers all the boys of South Park and convinces them all to log in at the same time in order to execute a massive retaliatory attack on the griefer. However, once the battle begins, the griefer summons giant scorpions and easily dispatches the boys' characters, while Clyde ignores the battle to look at a Playboy magazine. Afterwards, the defeated players give up and find other interests. The executives at Blizzard come to realize that many players will soon become too frustrated from being killed every time they log on, and will stop playing altogether, which would very well cause "the end of the World ... of Warcraft." However, Cartman is not ready to give up, and convinces Stan, Kyle, and Kenny to keep playing. For the next two months, the boys play the game for 21 hours a day, killing low-level boars in the game's forests to gain experience points (in a montage set to Paul Stanley's "Live to Win"),[1] and hiding from the griefer. In the process, the boys become lazy, long-haired, overweight and acne-ridden. During this period, they also consume mainly Hot Pockets, Rockstar energy drinks and Ramen noodles and develop large internet vocabularies, using terms such as "über" and "pwned" and "r-tard" in daily conversation. The boys' characters grow so quickly that the Blizzard executives take notice, realizing that the boys have no personal lives at all. They see this as a chance to stop the griefer since he will end Warcraft's popularity if he is not stopped. However, they calculate that even with the amazing rise in their levels, the boys still have a 90% chance of failure.

Determined to help the boys slay the evil griefer, the executives decide to give the boys the Sword of a Thousand Truths, a weapon so powerful that it was removed from the game. It was stored on a 1 GB USB flash drive as "Salzman from Accounting" foretold that it would eventually be put to use at a time of great need. Unaware of the plan however, the boys have already initiated what becomes a seventeen-hour battle against the griefer, which the executives predict to be unsuccessful without the aid of the powerful sword. The executives arrive at Stan's house with the flash drive, unaware that the boys are actually at Cartman's house. Randy tells the executives that although he is a "n00b", he can log in with the sword and give it to the boys' characters online. The executives eventually, though reluctantly, give Randy the sword, initially stating that "We can't trust the Sword of a Thousand Truths to a n00b!" Eventually logging onto a Warcraft demo at a Best Buy, Randy gives Stan the weapon, but Randy's character is mortally wounded by the griefer in the process. Angered, Stan attacks the griefer with the sword, draining away all the griefer's Mana and taking down his shield and armor spells. Kyle and Kenny attack, knocking the griefer to his knees. Cartman approaches him, saying "looks like you're about to get pwned", and proceeds to smash the griefer's head with a hammer. The griefer back home is stunned that his character has died.

Numerous World of Warcraft players come out of hiding and celebrate the griefer's demise, praising the boys as heroes. Stan asks what they will do next, prompting Cartman to respond "What do you mean? Now we can finally play the game", and they continue to play in the same way.

You don't think we can break their 33 war win streak even though our TH9s are down an average of 16 hero levels?
Hero level isn't really all that big a deal at TH9.  I mean once you get up above 35 total there really shouldn't be a TH9 base that can't be at least cleaned up.  

TH10 hero levels are a much different story. There's a practical limit where you simply can't crack that ceiling.  Even at 40/40 the limit at least for me seems to be about 88k unless it's a ring base, but those are so easy it's hard to really count them.

350 war wins?! wow - didn't think that was possible.

I'd practice some Valk attacks
The very highest war clans are in the 350-375 range right now.  Once warclans stopped updating it became harder to track.  They blocked some of the apk info and re-released an apk set that was pretty ####ty so it's hard to gather stuff like that anymore.  

You probably at a maximum are facing a clan that is in the top 25 of war wins overall.  

Hero level isn't really all that big a deal at TH9.  I mean once you get up above 35 total there really shouldn't be a TH9 base that can't be at least cleaned up.  

TH10 hero levels are a much different story. There's a practical limit where you simply can't crack that ceiling.  Even at 40/40 the limit at least for me seems to be about 88k unless it's a ring base, but those are so easy it's hard to really count them.

I couldn't disagree more regarding heroes being a big deal at TH9.

Anyway, we have 3 TH9s above 35 total. They have 15 and 6 have a max queen. We have one with a max queen.

Is that a big deal?

I couldn't disagree more regarding heroes being a big deal at TH9.

Anyway, we have 3 TH9s above 35 total. They have 15 and 6 have a max queen. We have one with a max queen.

Is that a big deal?
If you know how to cleanup messes it's not a big deal.  They might be able to fresh hit you and get more free swings on your TH10s, but TH10 is a 3 star game now so 9 on 10 hits aren't as scary as they once were.  

TH9 offense is still vastly overpowered to the defense on cleanup. Once you have the GB locations it's just a matter of routing valks through them and keeping a healed queen up.

If you want to win here's what I would do. Of course this requires a lot of people to get on board and coordination and all that.

• Have TH8s fire and clean TH8s ASAP.  Use your TH7 to scout the TH11 and top TH9 with a zillion hogs to get the CC out and maybe find a few gbs.
  • Once TH8s are clear TH8s then throw a zillion hogs at the top th9s until you get them all scouted.
  • Ideally the above happens in the first 4-6 hours max. Otherwise things start to get a little dicey.
Then in parallel, for bases below 66k (even some 67k)

• Go ahead and let your <40 total hero TH9 take fresh swings on these bases, only one each for now. 
  • Once the 66/67k bases are hit at least once evaluate the situation and see where you stand.
For your bases at or above 68k (Tend to be mostly or fully max)

• Wait at least for a scout until obvious that you won't get one.  
  • For most max TH9 you have a couple options for fresh hits base dependent

3-4 healer AQ walk with GoVaHO JRHH  
  • CB Laloon 4 hounds 15 loons RRRR
  • Heavy Valk blast with HHHJ (15+ valks some backend hogs usualy)
  • Golem avalanche the dead zone bases if you have people competent enough to do this otherwise use one of the above strats.

[*]In general, if you are taking more than one golem to hit a TH9 you are doing it wrong.  If you aren't taking valks or loons you need to take a good introspective look into your heart and ask why not.  (Golem avalanche is a valid reason)

Now you have one bully hit on a TH9.  You can wait to use it or just go ahead and carve it off fresh.

You will need at least one solid hard hit on their 11 using whatever opener your 11 wants.  Ideally getting their 11 to 2 stars.  Don't panic, this isn't as hard as you think.  

Then the war comes down to % of your 11 vs. their 11.  

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement.
If you have a good scout on a TH9 there is really no reason that the base should not be able to be cleaned up if the attacker has even 15/15 heroes and half a clue what they are doing.  Certain CCs can make this go even lower (i.e. can pent a base with a CC hound etc.)  The new valks have made TH9 (and TH10) much easier to deal with.  

If you know how to cleanup messes it's not a big deal.  They might be able to fresh hit you and get more free swings on your TH10s, but TH10 is a 3 star game now so 9 on 10 hits aren't as scary as they once were.  

TH9 offense is still vastly overpowered to the defense on cleanup. Once you have the GB locations it's just a matter of routing valks through them and keeping a healed queen up.

You've been away from the we-really-want-to-win-but-most-of-our-players-are-pretty-casual-about-attacking level of gameplay too long. At our level, cleaning up TH9s with 9s is a big deal.

The monkey see monkey do war strategy . . .

Have everyone copy their respective +0 war base.

Let them attack first and show you the way - then repeat same attack on them.
I have been a big proponent of this for a long time but the guys in the clan hate me so no traction :kicksrock:

This is, hands down, the nicest possible way to say that a lot of us kind of suck.
Haha. Our best attackers are on the low end of what culdeus is used to hanging with. We simply don't invest that much time into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Culdeus, if you have the time, please critique the designs of our #2, 7, and 13. Thanks.
  • 2 - Do not like the double spring and tesla farm around AQ.  Usually the beef of the invasion will push through the AQ section and teslas are squishy, and the springs may not be able to spring anything of value.  The Xbow/sweeper dbg may not trip correctly if approached from air d side.  9 oclock air d is walkable.  poor SAM locations.  3/10
  • 7 - A jump over the clan castle connects up about 80% of the base that you care about.  Again with the teslas around the AQ.  Seems risky. Very little dps to the north to stop someone from just plowing a zillion valks in from 6 and praying.  A kill squad from the north provides minimal value so if you can sucker someone into doing that it might hold one raid, but it's begging to get blasted from 6 imo.  5/10
  • 13 - Queen can be walked off rather easily here. If doing an iso queen don't want her aggro radius going out of the base.  Doesn't give you a ton of value to do it, but overall for the levels of the tower this one is ok.  The dgb is really obvious, would like to see one faked in the compartment with the teslas so maybe they make their push in that direction.   There is one faked behind the AQ that works well to fake that side  I think you are hoping they decide to walk the queen off and come in from 9 and get poor pathing and have it peter out.  So adjust to that effect.  

Doc consistently runs what I think are the most up-to-date bases going in the meta. Not sure where he gets them from or what, but if you can get kevy to copy doc's base he has right now you won't be sorry.  

Even the one he was running a few weeks ago was really good.  

I'm not sure if you're serious, but a TH9 will never reach that town hall.
Wanna bet?  They will have probably 6-7 free swings at it.  An AQ walk sets the funnel, set a golem down to start the eagle firing, bk set other side of funnel , valks in rage jumpy, freeze heal.  queen cleans up %.  High level clans, and make no mistake they were at least at one time high level, will absolutely have no issue pathing to the core on a ring base like this.  

"Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight, Honda. That's what you've earned here tonight. One war; if we warred with them ten times, they might win nine. But not this war, not tonight. Tonight, we attack with them. Tonight we stay with them, and we match them star for star because we can. Tonight, we are the greatest clan in the world.

You were born to be warriors — every one of you, and you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great clan the Russians have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!"

• 2 - Do not like the double spring and tesla farm around AQ.  Usually the beef of the invasion will push through the AQ section and teslas are squishy, and the springs may not be able to spring anything of value.  The Xbow/sweeper dbg may not trip correctly if approached from air d side.  9 oclock air d is walkable.  poor SAM locations.  3/10
  • 7 - A jump over the clan castle connects up about 80% of the base that you care about.  Again with the teslas around the AQ.  Seems risky. Very little dps to the north to stop someone from just plowing a zillion valks in from 6 and praying.  A kill squad from the north provides minimal value so if you can sucker someone into doing that it might hold one raid, but it's begging to get blasted from 6 imo.  5/10
  • 13 - Queen can be walked off rather easily here. If doing an iso queen don't want her aggro radius going out of the base.  Doesn't give you a ton of value to do it, but overall for the levels of the tower this one is ok.  The dgb is really obvious, would like to see one faked in the compartment with the teslas so maybe they make their push in that direction.   There is one faked behind the AQ that works well to fake that side  I think you are hoping they decide to walk the queen off and come in from 9 and get poor pathing and have it peter out.  So adjust to that effect.  

Thank you, sir!

"Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here tonight, Honda. That's what you've earned here tonight. One war; if we warred with them ten times, they might win nine. But not this war, not tonight. Tonight, we attack with them. Tonight we stay with them, and we match them star for star because we can. Tonight, we are the greatest clan in the world.

You were born to be warriors — every one of you, and you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great clan the Russians have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!"
It's daytime here dude

I went back over to the shuke account to see a no talent ### clown trash kevd's base with no funnel and a queen that walked for an easy 3 stars.  Make sure you watch that replay kev

Users who are viewing this thread