What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

How to handle if/when AQ walk doesn't pop CC?
Hog to pull after aq scrapes off a path for the hog.  Note that this failed them on one of the raids.  If a hog can't get the full pull you probably don't care since the valks can deal with it themselves that point if you took 2 poisons.

The new ones would be similar because we still wouldn't know what makes a great base.
I didn't realize it at first but the first attack I ran was against my base. Didn't realize it until afterwards, he just had prettier walls. Point being none of those bases we saw in this war would hold up against this HeVa attack and obviously none of ours did either. I'm interested in the base that would.

Given the nature of the attack and the pinball nature of the valks as well as the speed, I'm hard pressed to think of a base that would hold up? I thought maybe an exploded base using as much of the open area as possible but given the speed of the attack I don't think it would matter. Have to figure out a way to break the pack up somehow. I'll hang up and listen.

I posted the nuts and bolts of this on gme but long story short there is a world wide fpc event next Friday (6th) that you all should enter.  Basically set up 30/30 clans with a variety of th mix and search on Friday at 5pm. 

I think you all at least have the firepower to form one super clan in the heavyweight category at a minimum or split and go with a heavy and a middle weight. 

I posted the nuts and bolts of this on gme but long story short there is a world wide fpc event next Friday (6th) that you all should enter.  Basically set up 30/30 clans with a variety of th mix and search on Friday at 5pm. 

I think you all at least have the firepower to form one super clan in the heavyweight category at a minimum or split and go with a heavy and a middle weight. 
I am interested - something different. Fbgs doesn't really have a goal right now after reaching LV10 clan and 200 war wins.

Why the hell not? Let's step up the competition.

Act like I don't know what gme is.

Act like I don't know what gme is.
 An app called GroupMe

Only about 5-6 of us on there - main use right now it to strategize how to attack a base in war. Can post a picture of the base you want to attack and others will give ideas on how to take it down. 

Edit features on the app make it easier to diagram what troops to use, where to enter base, where to drop spells, etc. 

Easier and more user friendly that trying to do ti here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this point on GME.  Don't go nuts.

Find the very best group of 4-11-15 11-10-9 you can put together by next Friday and hit the button when everyone else does.  

If you can pull a 4-26 together that's great, but my guess is getting 30 together will be a challenge and I would suggest taking the highest weight highest hero you can find because I'm pretty confident everyone else will too.  

The only restrictions is no .5 that's not because they aren't allowed it's just that they want people to match easily and .5 are causing matchmaking issues right now.

I made this point on GME.  Don't go nuts.

Find the very best group of 4-11-15 11-10-9 you can put together by next Friday and hit the button when everyone else does.  

If you can pull a 4-26 together that's great, but my guess is getting 30 together will be a challenge and I would suggest taking the highest weight highest hero you can find because I'm pretty confident everyone else will too.  

The only restrictions is no .5 that's not because they aren't allowed it's just that they want people to match easily and .5 are causing matchmaking issues right now.
Not sure we have the 9s for this but can take a look. Jordan and g1 will have to build both infernos if they want to participate also so that hurts our 10 numbers. 

Not sure we have the 9s for this but can take a look. Jordan and g1 will have to build both infernos if they want to participate also so that hurts our 10 numbers. 
Can bring Jonathan'sTH9 account over for this one war.

first we need to figure out is just how many of us are interested in doing this.

I mean they can participate, you might not match, and if you do they would be considered a TH10.  Are you willing to give up easy stars like that when most people will be bringing fairly heavy bases with no upper limit on weight or heroes?

Honda guys, I'm changing up my base to one of the designs from the 350 win-HealerValk-clan's.

Any thoughts which one is best?  And Clayton's remark's are accurate, at least they apply to me, I have no idea what makes a tier 1 defensive base.

My guess is assuming this goes off the other clans will deliver 15 68k+ bases.  Every one will be defense maxed and heroes will be big in the TH9

My guess is TH10 will be half 88k half below that.  big heroes.

TH11 will be really really beefy.

Honda guys, I'm changing up my base to one of the designs from the 350 win-HealerValk-clan's.

Any thoughts which one is best?  And Clayton's remark's are accurate, at least they apply to me, I have no idea what makes a tier 1 defensive base.
2,3,4,7,8,9 are ok. Don't use 6, that just happened to be my war base, didn't realize until after. That said, with this HeVa attack, I don't think any of those bases are safe but they are all anti 3-star to someone who doesn't use HeVa.

2,3,4,7,8,9 are ok. Don't use 6, that just happened to be my war base, didn't realize until after. That said, with this HeVa attack, I don't think any of those bases are safe but they are all anti 3-star to someone who doesn't use HeVa.
7 was already taken.  

I'm down to do this on Friday. Let's make it happen. Not much left to do after maxing everything, but walls.

So in preparation for the 50/50 war I'm in we did a dry run with 50 people in the clan.  

I would have bet anything we would have gotten a farm war, but somehow matched a real clan.  I didn't know that was even possible anymore.

So, culdeus, is there a list of good bases features you can shoot our way?
  • Think through DGB/SingleGB first.  Always show at least 3 DGB positions and avoid using a box to enclose two towers and a DGB.  Too obvious.  
  • Use teslas in a farm configuration where you would anticipate kill squad NOT going through
  • Offset, but protected queen
  • Springs that target hogs where they are certain to be deployed
  • Don't let a queen walk get an air defense from outside the walls or disarm a gb 
  • CC choice based on the difficulty of the lure and relative position in the base
  • Newer advice is avoid letting buildings touch, especially defensive buildings to slow down valks a bit.

• Think through DGB/SingleGB first.  Always show at least 3 DGB positions and avoid using a box to enclose two towers and a DGB.  Too obvious.  
  • Use teslas in a farm configuration where you would anticipate kill squad NOT going through
  • Offset, but protected queen
  • Springs that target hogs where they are certain to be deployed
  • Don't let a queen walk get an air defense from outside the walls or disarm a gb 
  • CC choice based on the difficulty of the lure and relative position in the base
  • Newer advice is avoid letting buildings touch, especially defensive buildings to slow down valks a bit.

Thank you, sir.

Anyone have a solid TH 9 war base I could get? My walls, mortars and WTs aren't maxed but everything else basically is. 

just doing some rough numbers here.   Short on the 10s and 9s at the moment so would need a few from Honda if they aren't planning to participate.

th11 (need 4) - doc va smack sml (sitting LR, Crook, AZ, cjay)

th10 (need 11) - Animator, BB, Jason (if he cancels th11), me, bandits, channing, SMN, War, Buck, Cliff, jordan?, g1?, shammy? (lomax will be on vacation)

th9 (need 15) - RCP, Red, yank, Odin, Deadhead, uhm, Ramsay, Overkill, yoga, speed, jr, gaspumper, shuke

just doing some rough numbers here.   Short on the 10s and 9s at the moment so would need a few from Honda if they aren't planning to participate.

th11 (need 4) - doc va smack sml (sitting LR, Crook, AZ, cjay)

th10 (need 11) - Animator, BB, Jason (if he cancels th11), me, bandits, channing, SMN, War, Buck, Cliff, jordan?, g1?, shammy? (lomax will be on vacation)

th9 (need 15) - RCP, Red, yank, Odin, Deadhead, uhm, Ramsay, Overkill, yoga, speed, jr, gaspumper, shuke
My King kindly requests that he needs beauty sleep and not to start this mega war for 4 days and 14 hours... Otherwise he will be horribly grumpy. Fetus Warden needs some gem love too. ?

I can be in for this thing, but my attention will be grossly stunted due to the start time.
If I could, I'd change it to one of our normal weekday battle times. I have much more time to follow along and watch live replays then. Not that you should change it just for me, but just consider it a vote. ☺️

Time isn't really our choice it's been set by the fpc powers. Doesn't appear we are going to have the population to swing this and be competitive 

I would also look at base designs as well.  Valks are the only thing anyone is doing these days.  Make their life harder.

• Keep 9 tiles between infernos with a fully enclosed compartment (or two) between them. Prevents a eq from opening path between them
  • Between infernos place annoying things like gbs, your townhall, clan castle, high HP stuff.  This slows them down and they can't be healed right there anyways.
  • Use heroes to pull valks off the path between the infernos, same with skeleton traps.  
  • Xbows spread out and try to give coverage for queen walk prevention
  • Use springs in the sections where you think the queen walk CAN'T go because something else has to go thru there.  (Valks/hogs)
I put a prototypical example in gme.  

hi all - looking for some FBG COC advice. my main account is a th10 with 900 + war stars. I have an alternative account that I'm messing with and looking to have fun. Main purpose behind it is to have weak defense but overpowering offense for war. Currently a TH8 with no walls, no d and just working on offense. My current thought is get BK to 5 (at 4 now), then go up to TH9 and get queen to 5 and then go up to TH11 and get warden for war. May or may not drop some infernos for fun and still debating if i should drop walls (how mu ch do they count against war rank now?) . Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated. 

hi all - looking for some FBG COC advice. my main account is a th10 with 900 + war stars. I have an alternative account that I'm messing with and looking to have fun. Main purpose behind it is to have weak defense but overpowering offense for war. Currently a TH8 with no walls, no d and just working on offense. My current thought is get BK to 5 (at 4 now), then go up to TH9 and get queen to 5 and then go up to TH11 and get warden for war. May or may not drop some infernos for fun and still debating if i should drop walls (how mu ch do they count against war rank now?) . Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated. 
Warden post nerf isn't a big deal, not worth the effort without having a max queen to put with it. If doing some wild engineer base. If really wanting to game system go to th10 for max valks.  Can 3 star most th9 and a few th10s even with low heroes. 

Warden post nerf isn't a big deal, not worth the effort without having a max queen to put with it. If doing some wild engineer base. If really wanting to game system go to th10 for max valks.  Can 3 star most th9 and a few th10s even with low heroes. 
thanks culdeus. how much D do you think I can build without getting a high war rank? im thinking only infernos and maybe an xbow or two? can i drop walls?

Any links for setting up second acct with google +?  I play on an android S6 galaxy linked to my ipad.  I linked almost a year ago.  On ipad it says connected with facebook and on droid it says disconnected on facebook and Google play.  Looking to begin a new account since i'm close to lapping culdeus.

Any links for setting up second acct with google +?  I play on an android S6 galaxy linked to my ipad.  I linked almost a year ago.  On ipad it says connected with facebook and on droid it says disconnected on facebook and Google play.  Looking to begin a new account since i'm close to lapping culdeus.
I don't know if it's still up there, but in the first few pages Greg R had a link on how to do it.  Once you have it down, it's incredibly easy (bring up settings / click google play sign-in to read "disconnected" / click google play sign-in again (brings up "choose account for google play games) / select "add account")

Users who are viewing this thread