What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

I'm pretty close to hanging it up. The competitive war scene is dying. Loads have moved on to royale or just quit this year. There isn't enough fresh blood in th9 to keep quality rosters. 

Farm wars have become boring and without any real challenge left or anything to farm but walls I'm probably going to retire.

Some seem to be able to stay interested only doing 6 or so attacks a week. I'm not one of those. 

Th 11 has no appeal at all really. So thats that. 
F'ing Quitter... ;)

Can't imagine many people would spend the time to setup enough bases for it to make a difference. If they do, without trap location and CC contents, power to them. They just want it more

Common internet bases should have zero reason to not be crushed now.

Balancing and Update News:Much of the balancing this update is coming in the form of new levels and smaller tweaks.Town Hall 11

• Cannon level 14
  • Lava Hound level 4
  • Balloon level 7
In Town Hall 11, air armies have dwindled in popularity. These new levels should help revitalize high-level air armies while helping to defend against the ground rush.Town Hall 10+

• Bowler housing space reduced to 6
Bowlers just didn't seem to be providing enough value for an 8 housing space unit, and the bulky size made him a tough fit in a well-rounded army.Town Hall 7+

• Spring Trap levels 2-4
New Spring Trap levels with minor capacity increases will help catch additional units from time to time. They might even catch an extra Valkyrie!Other:

• Edit Mode tools: A bunch of features added to make editing layouts easier
  • Donate fully trained Troops/Spells from production queues even if your army is full
  • Drag troops/spells anywhere into a training queue - training progress is transferred
  • Gem Troops/Spells for donation directly from the donation context menu
  • War Logs for any Clan can now be publicly viewed, unless disabled in Clan settings
  • Builder Suggestions: Tap Builder Info to see and select suggested upgrades to perform
  • Live spectator count is now shown during attack - see how many others are watching!
  • Chat stream revamped with built-in Request button

Town Hall 7+

• Spring Trap levels 2-4
  • Donate fully trained Troops/Spells from production queues even if your army is full
Seems like a good way to nerf the Valks slightly IMO, and I love these two quality-of-play changes.

ETA... 6 traps, 3 rounds of upgrades... one day after I finish lego walls and declare myself done with upgrade pushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also been a leak (maybe a sneak peak in the next day or two) that TH11 will be getting L8 giant and L7 wall breaker on top of all the good stuff Clayton posted above.

Balancing and Update News:Much of the balancing this update is coming in the form of new levels and smaller tweaks.Town Hall 11

• Cannon level 14
  • Lava Hound level 4
  • Balloon level 7
In Town Hall 11, air armies have dwindled in popularity. These new levels should help revitalize high-level air armies while helping to defend against the ground rush.Town Hall 10+

• Bowler housing space reduced to 6
Bowlers just didn't seem to be providing enough value for an 8 housing space unit, and the bulky size made him a tough fit in a well-rounded army.Town Hall 7+

• Spring Trap levels 2-4
New Spring Trap levels with minor capacity increases will help catch additional units from time to time. They might even catch an extra Valkyrie!Other:

• Edit Mode tools: A bunch of features added to make editing layouts easier
  • Drag troops/spells anywhere into a training queue - training progress is transferred
  • Gem Troops/Spells for donation directly from the donation context menu
  • War Logs for any Clan can now be publicly viewed, unless disabled in Clan settings
  • Builder Suggestions: Tap Builder Info to see and select suggested upgrades to perform
  • Live spectator count is now shown during attack - see how many others are watching!
Bye Culd

As an air raider, this couldnt excite me less. Looks like it may be time. But every time I come close, I just cant do it. 

I like where they are going and how they are doing frequent updates and changes, but I'm still really unsure about the personal raid thing or whatever it's called.  

Any "controls" they overlay on it would likely make it useless.  

I do see how this update is another kick in the balls to TH9.  This makes their lives much harder and there is substantial whining in progress.  

Spring upgrade will hurt valk/healer rushes.   Not a lot of valks to start with.
Well previously the meta was still to try and catch the backside troops with trap.Valks still move so fast under rage that they can "jump" spring traps.  Obviously, placement is a factor but you can't put springs on the tiles where valks touch two buildings at once.

IMO the real losers here are the hog guys at th9 that stand to lose 4 hogs to one spring.  

Well previously the meta was still to try and catch the backside troops with trap.Valks still move so fast under rage that they can "jump" spring traps.  Obviously, placement is a factor but you can't put springs on the tiles where valks touch two buildings at once.

IMO the real losers here are the hog guys at th9 that stand to lose 4 hogs to one spring.  
Forgot about the rage speed increase.   Has anyone out there tried haste with valk rushes?

I like where they are going and how they are doing frequent updates and changes, but I'm still really unsure about the personal raid thing or whatever it's called.  

Any "controls" they overlay on it would likely make it useless.  

I do see how this update is another kick in the balls to TH9.  This makes their lives much harder and there is substantial whining in progress.  
Maybe they should stop whining and move to TH10. 

Reading between the lines of the spring traps, think they'll be going 4-8-12-16. No change to hogs when maxed but can pop an extra Valk. Makes sense :shrug:

Reading between the lines of the spring traps, think they'll be going 4-8-12-16. No change to hogs when maxed but can pop an extra Valk. Makes sense :shrug:
Based on what?

I think someone has a video out there on this but there are so many haven't sifted thru them all.

Based on what?

I think someone has a video out there on this but there are so many haven't sifted thru them all.
Just the blurb on the site. "Might catch an extra Valk"

New Spring Trap levels with minor capacity increases will help catch additional units from time to time. They might even catch an extra Valkyrie!

If you squint it would appear they max at 20 spots.  Not clear if this is available at TH9 or 10.  Would be fairly devastating to TH9 if you could pop 4 hogs.   

TH11 upgrade order . . .

Skull7

Dark Spell Factory

Hound4

Spring traps

Cannon

Little excited for the return of air
air never went away. I still have no idea why people stopped using it. IIRC, they wanted to raid with war armies to get better

Idiots

air never went away. I still have no idea why people stopped using it. IIRC, they wanted to raid with war armies to get better

Idiots
GiGob is a lot more cost effective. I was also having trouble paying for my loonian armies when I could no longer get the full loot bonus for hitting 50%. 

Users who are viewing this thread