What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

air never went away. I still have no idea why people stopped using it. IIRC, they wanted to raid with war armies to get better

Idiots
Air got a lot harder for war with xbow up, wiz tower buff, and time cut.

Plus people learned to not put air defense next to infernos, nor where they can be reached by a queen walk.  

So this contrasted with the fact that the most low skill spam valk raid is a virtual lock for a 70% 2* even if #### hits the fan, why bother with an air raid that can end up in a 1*?

Air isn't dead it just doesn't make sense to use it for the moment when valk blasts are just so much more effective on a strategic level in war. The update should change this somewhat.  I think th11 on th10 dips are going to be scary now with air.  Not sure how 11 on 11 hits will go. 

AcerFC said:
air never went away. I still have no idea why people stopped using it. IIRC, they wanted to raid with war armies to get better

Idiots
Air for war at th10 has been not good for a while. I have only seen BB, SMN, and myself attempt it. Base has to be pretty bad to get a triple on a developed base. 

I would expect 11s could crush 10s via air after this update, which certainly isn't the case now. 

The stats for loons that leaked may not be final.  If they were final you'd be able to 1:1 trade L12 archer towers.  That component of loon raids back in the day was what made them extremely OP.  At that point it was L11 which was max for TH9.  

This means any TH10 without L13 archer towers is going to be a potential face roll for a TH11 with max loons.  Same would go for rushed TH11s with the same situation.  

Hound bump of 500hp is pretty minor, bump of 2 pups is fairly major.   500hp is roughly 1.5s of life vs a max air d. 

The stats for loons that leaked may not be final.  If they were final you'd be able to 1:1 trade L12 archer towers.  That component of loon raids back in the day was what made them extremely OP.  At that point it was L11 which was max for TH9.  

This means any TH10 without L13 archer towers is going to be a potential face roll for a TH11 with max loons.  Same would go for rushed TH11s with the same situation.  

Hound bump of 500hp is pretty minor, bump of 2 pups is fairly major.   500hp is roughly 1.5s of life vs a max air d. 
Thats how it should be. A higher TH level should be able to crush a lower TH level that isn't maxed.

Changes to War Preparation Day

In order to make the Layout cooldown 24-hours, we will also change how Scouting works on Preparation day.

After the update, you will no longer be able to view an opponent’s War Base layout during Preparation Day. Instead, Scouting will show their active Village layout. This way, players can still get a good sense for the strength of War Bases they are facing, but can’t copy exact layouts for practice. Scouting during Battle Day will remain the same.

Why do this? Without this change to Scouting, the Friendly Challenge cooldown would have to be 48-hours to prevent any possibility of "war practice.” 

Well that sucks. No more calling bases early and hitting at the bell.

They best part of the change to prep day and the friendly challenge is that they are listening to the players. These changes were exactly what the players asked for regarding this issue.

Thats how it should be. A higher TH level should be able to crush a lower TH level that isn't maxed.
But at one time a max loon could 1:1 trade vs. a max TH9 Archer Tower.  They changed the archer tower spec to require 2.  That was the beginning of the big loon nerfs making it a pretty niche raid in most places.

Up to this point you can't really say that a TH11 should without fail roll a TH10 with the current troop composition.  TH10 is somewhat different in that most people first thing out max infernos and xbows and then whenever they get around to it do the rest of it, or not, depending on their mood.  A fairly decently designed Max TH9 with MaxTH10 special towers can in many circumstances hold a TH11 off.

I don't think that's gonna be the case now. 

I'm probably going to try and get shuke up to th11 and get the new stuff. This was a really nice update and I'm happy they managed to keep this whole sandbox thing in a compromise situation.

I mean I don't know who would really be upset with this change, they turned down valks a bit, turned up loons a bit, perhaps added a new troop, and made some edits to the bowler that moves them closer to a viability.  Some quality of life changes etc. etc.  It's for all intents what everyone has been asking for.  It was getting boring to me at least seeing a zillion valk blasts every war.  I was really burned out on the fact that the answer to any base was valks and any failure was really just a failure to funnel correctly.  

Can't copy all the links now but there is... 

Clone spell (th10) up to level 4. Takes 4 spell spots. 

Barracks level 11 and 12 which unlocks baby dragon and the miner. 

Looks like an end of life money grab. Way too many game changers in one dump. Granted, I'm an addict, so I'll keep playing. 

Changes to War Preparation Day

In order to make the Layout cooldown 24-hours, we will also change how Scouting works on Preparation day.

After the update, you will no longer be able to view an opponent’s War Base layout during Preparation Day. Instead, Scouting will show their active Village layout. This way, players can still get a good sense for the strength of War Bases they are facing, but can’t copy exact layouts for practice. Scouting during Battle Day will remain the same.

Why do this? Without this change to Scouting, the Friendly Challenge cooldown would have to be 48-hours to prevent any possibility of "war practice.” 

Well that sucks. No more calling bases early and hitting at the bell.
this is pretty stupid and makes sandbox pointless

Do you bother to look at a base while attacking?   or at all?  Asking for a friend. 
While it's typically beneficial to look at a base before you hit the attack button I did grab a six pack in the last war so questioning my methods might not be the best course of action...for your friend.

While it's typically beneficial to look at a base before you hit the attack button I did grab a six pack in the last war so questioning my methods might not be the best course of action...for your friend.
What kind of beer were you drinking?   or I could ask...do you still use dragons to hit TH7s?    You pick which one you want to answer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I said this in chat but to protect yourself against valks you can get super cute, but there is really just one thing you have to do.

• Set up your base so one jump can't connect both your infernos
Nothing else matters. TH10 bases are just simply too strong even with max valks unless they get insane pathing across the base.  

Alright lets give this a go for the 11s this war.  Two of @Smackdown @Beerguzzler @VA703 and Lord Ryan hit 1,2, and 3 ASAP.   Get those cleared to 2 and then we can navigate where to dip for 10 triples.  Will need you to call which 10s you want early as well so we aren't hitting a 10 twice as we are down 8 attacks from the start.

They have a boatload of Max TH9s this war so we are going to have a lot of 10s dip to bully.   In the war a few weeks ago (same situation we were down 8 attacks) we didn't have enough attacks to clear the 9s.

The war long being open makes spying fairly easy. Just need to get someone in a prior clan that you warred against in a reasonable timeframe.  

Says X2 
So 1200hp vs 1090 for two Skulls (and wiz splash doesn't do 'double' damage).

And 150hp damage * attack speed vs 324 damage for Skulls.

Was thinking that the baby drag might be a nice replacement for 2 Skulls in defensive CC, but unless the attack speed bonus is x2 it probably isn't worth it.  Two skulls also have benefit of doing like 1000 points every time they drop which prevents healing for most troops.

I'm a big fan of the "move all" button in the base design mode.  Small change, but nice for base designs gone awry.

Intrigued by the clone spell.  Saw a vid where if you place it properly, you could have "phantom" troops on both sides of a wall.  4 housing spaces though...yikes.

I'm a big fan of the "move all" button in the base design mode.  Small change, but nice for base designs gone awry.

Intrigued by the clone spell.  Saw a vid where if you place it properly, you could have "phantom" troops on both sides of a wall.  4 housing spaces though...yikes.
Yeah it really needs to be maxed to be worth 4 spell spots

Yoga just dropped a 98% attack... but all the buildings were gone. Disconnected 47% in the last 2 Tesla's didn't pop. Their new anti-cheat methods screwed up.

Users who are viewing this thread