What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Current time required to max your lab upgrades after the May '16 update:

TH3: 2.25 days

TH4: 6 days

TH5: 11 days

TH6: 13 days

TH7: 52 days

TH8: 150 days

TH9: 213 days

TH10: 345 days

TH11: 146 days

Current time required to max your lab upgrades after the May '16 update:

TH3: 2.25 days

TH4: 6 days

TH5: 11 days

TH6: 13 days

TH7: 52 days

TH8: 150 days

TH9: 213 days

TH10: 345 days

TH11: 146 days

How long if you gem all but a day or so of every hero upgrade?

So why is FBG hiding their war log?
I turned it off, not because we are ashamed of it (quite the opposite) but because we just hadn't talked as a team about wether or not we want it public.

If you want to see it so bad, come on over and do a war with us.... You'll have plenty of time to see it then. :)

How long if you gem all but a day or so of every hero upgrade?
The honest answer is it's subjective to how quickly you can save up the DE. I ran 3 scenarios below ranging from casual to aggressive pace for collecting DE. I ignored the Warden in all this. I also didn't bother with hero upgrades at TH7 or TH8 since the real grind is at TH9 and TH10. Assumed max heroes entering a new TH level.

1) Casual - no gemming heroes. Upgrade a hero once enough DE is saved. *assumption - net profit drills/raids of 10k DE per day.* Heroes max out in slightly more than 2 years.

TH9 - 421 days for 30/30

TH10 - 345 days for 40/40 

2) Moderate - upgrade 1 hero per week with or without time gemming. You vow to collect enough DE during the week for the next hero upgrade. Upgrades are quicker than once per 7 days up until BK15/AQ15. Roughly 70 hero levels in 63 weeks.

TH9 - 300 days for 30/30

TH10 - 140 days for 40/40

3) Aggressive - upgrade heroes as soon as enough DE is saved, time gem heroes awake to put them back down as needed. You're ok with both heroes being down at the same time. *assumption - you can gigob a net profit of 40k DE per day.* Heroes max out in 7 months.

TH9 - 118 days for 30/30

TH10 - 90 days for 40/40

Last edited by a moderator:
Miners are glitched and will be patched.  I would wait to see how they look after they actually get targeted by all defenses.

So I'm new to TH10...Valk upgrade completion is 3 days away.

My question is regarding the new troops...bowlers/miners/baby dragon...which of these should I prioritize...was thinking hog upgrade next but have no idea now with all of the new stuff.

So I'm new to TH10...Valk upgrade completion is 3 days away.

My question is regarding the new troops...bowlers/miners/baby dragon...which of these should I prioritize...was thinking hog upgrade next but have no idea now with all of the new stuff.
My opinion is you upgrade troops to support your max valks. Valking is still the ideal TH10 war attack. Support troops for valks in war include (in no specific order) golem5, wiz6, minion6, jump3, poison4, hog6, freeze2-5. Seeing that your heroes are 24/20 I'd recommend jump3 for the dual benefit of war valking as well as gigob for pumping up your heroes. Oh and nice lava walls!

Of those new troops listed above the upgrade order should be bowler2, miner2, baby2-3. Bowlers seem like an auto 3* when hitting one TH level below you at minimum. They're good for at least 2* at your own TH level and we have some folks tinkering with that. Miners seem like a good funnel and clean up troop but probably more useful at max level. I'd still go for the Valk support troops first for the most part, maybe sneak bowlers in there somewhere.

if you want to see valks and/or bowlers in action feel free to stop by fbgs for a day or two. Lots of Valk war replays and a couple of us have bowler fever so lots of replays of valks, bowlers and gigob to see.

My opinion is you upgrade troops to support your max valks. Valking is still the ideal TH10 war attack. Support troops for valks in war include (in no specific order) golem5, wiz6, minion6, jump3, poison4, hog6, freeze2-5. Seeing that your heroes are 24/20 I'd recommend jump3 for the dual benefit of war valking as well as gigob for pumping up your heroes. Oh and nice lava walls!

Of those new troops listed above the upgrade order should be bowler2, miner2, baby2-3. Bowlers seem like an auto 3* when hitting one TH level below you at minimum. They're good for at least 2* at your own TH level and we have some folks tinkering with that. Miners seem like a good funnel and clean up troop but probably more useful at max level. I'd still go for the Valk support troops first for the most part, maybe sneak bowlers in there somewhere.

if you want to see valks and/or bowlers in action feel free to stop by fbgs for a day or two. Lots of Valk war replays and a couple of us have bowler fever so lots of replays of valks, bowlers and gigob to see.
sweet dude, thanks

I'm a little overwhelmed with the TH10 upgrade, this helps immensely.

The magic of bowlers is when they are paired with a max warden. Valks don't quite have that synergy which is why it's not quite the screenlick bowlers are at th11.

Valks still have a ceiling with and without a warden. Bowlers right now I'm not sure about their ceiling with a warden. Seems nearly limitless. 

sweet dude, thanks

I'm a little overwhelmed with the TH10 upgrade, this helps immensely.
If you gigob, I'd recommend doing it after valks. Golem5 should be well down on the priority list. With Valks, you only need to take one and that can be in your CC.

I maxed hogs and hounds right after valks and have barely used them. 

The magic of bowlers is when they are paired with a max warden. Valks don't quite have that synergy which is why it's not quite the screenlick bowlers are at th11.

Valks still have a ceiling with and without a warden. Bowlers right now I'm not sure about their ceiling with a warden. Seems nearly limitless. 

They will do something to nerf the bowler. They don't like it when you can drop 20+ of a troop and just sit and watch the 3-star.

They will do something to nerf the bowler. They don't like it when you can drop 20+ of a troop and just sit and watch the 3-star.
Yes, they will nerf the bowler and the valk, and supercharge something else at the same time, right about the time the game starts to get boring and stale.   That's how they keep us hooked.  Pekkas and minnys due for an upgrade.

So, for one war in a row (but four fresh-hit attacks), I've been able to rip through TH9s (even one completely maxed base) with VaHo attacks - no golems and minimal wizards. The attacks usually last around two minutes.

Base troop composition:

14 valks
14 hogs
4 wizards
1 poison
3 heal
1 jump (maybe a rage)

Normal CC composition:

3 valks
3 wall breakers
1 poison

The remaining troop spots consist of 0-2 giants and/or 0-4 minions and however many more valks I can fit in. If there are corner huts, I'll add in an archer for each one I won't get during the opener.

Here is my overall strategy.

Step 1: Create a funnel.

First, use either minions or a giant and a wizard to take out one (or more) buildings on each side of a row of buildings.

Second, Deploy valks so that they will take out the remaining row of buildings (often from the outside in) and then turn in toward the base.

Finally, once nearby defenses have targeted valks, deploy CC so the wall breakers will safely reach the wall.

Step 2: Keep valks alive and get them farther into the center of the base.

Be ready with a heal and one or both poison spells when the opponent's CC comes out.

Use the jump spell to get valks deep inside the base. This keeps them from making their way out and taking a stroll.

Step 3: Use hogs to take out one side of defenses.

If the valks are going to the core, there will be defenses standing on both sides of their entry point. Use one heal on the hogs, and they'll be very successful in clearing out a side (or maybe two sides) of the base.

Use a wizard or two to clean up the trash buildings on that side.

Step 4: Use heroes (and maybe a wizard or two) to take out another side of defenses.

Obviously, your king will tank and clean the trash while the queen will take out the defenses.

Step 2.5 or 3.5 or 4.5: Use your last heal - probably on the valks.

You have to keep the valks alive. Once they carve out the core, the base is dead if you still have a good number of valks.

Once you get the funneling and spell placement down, this is a pretty easy attack. Here are some examples.

First run: 18/15 heroes against a max TH9 - done in 1:58

I also have a max TH9, but I wasn't sure how effective this attack would be. I knew I could get an easy two regardless of hero level, so I used this lower account. I used a few minions (along with an archer, which I put down a little late) on the left side of my funnel and a giant and wizard on the right side. I took a rage rather than a jump for two reasons. First, the heroes would pull my valks in and they would definitely go to the king pad and gold storage. More importantly, however, I figured their CC troops would be on the other side of that wall and pull my valks into the core. Hog deployment might have been a tad late, but I was watching my valks and dropped the second heal when I knew they would be going into the Tesla farm compartment. I was able to hold my last heal for a while and got insane value from it.

Second run: 18/15 heroes against a weak TH9 - done in 2:08

Created a really wide funnel here and poorly deployed the first two minions. The funnel was still ultra juicy and the valks were easily directed into the base. First heal and jump were dropped early to keep valks alive over the double bombs and directed into the core. Hog deployment was quicker here. Heroes were a bit delayed as I watched the direction of the hogs and valks. Might have dropped the final heal a bit early, but I knew that pack of hogs would take out the majority of the remaining weak defenses. I knew I had to get the heroes down and didn't want to lose several hogs while focusing on that part of the attack.

Third run: 30/30 heroes against max defense TH9 with low-20s heroes - done in 1:55

Another easy funnel but the king jumping outside the wall stalled out my valks a bit. They then triggered on the queen and zipped through a wall segment. I was sloppy with my jump spell, and it caused the valks to split. It can be difficult to find the bigger pack of valks in a split, but I guessed it to be the NE group and dropped the second heal as they fought through a wall. With all the time spent watching the valks, the hogs were late to the party, but they had a pretty clean run up the SW side of the base. Since the valks ventured up the NE side, the heroes didn't have much to do. I dropped them just to help finish off the base.

Fourth run: 30/30 heroes against an okay TH9 - done in 2:12

First off, there are many smallish compartments in the base, which - for me - makes it more difficult to hit with valks. On the heels of the last three attacks, I figured it would still work and did it anyway. The right side of the funnel was done with a single archer. The left side needed an archer (to draw mortar fire) and two wizards (because the first one targeted the wrong building. It was still a cheap funnel and worked well. I got unreal value from the jump. The hogs were tremendous in clearing out the NW and NE sides before falling to a double big bomb. The valks petered out, but the queen was able to finish off the last defense. Had cleanup troops all over the place - which is often the norm in this attack.

I don't expect this attack to 100% effective, but it is very powerful. Anyone with Level 4 valks and Level 5 hogs should have a high success rate with it.
Going to try my first Valk smashes in our war this weekend, so thanks for these tips.  I'm likely going to see a dragon pop out of the CC against these guys.  Do you think there's enough time to do an old fashioned corner lure?  Is there a better method?  Thanks again!

Statorama said:
Going to try my first Valk smashes in our war this weekend, so thanks for these tips.  I'm likely going to see a dragon pop out of the CC against these guys.  Do you think there's enough time to do an old fashioned corner lure?  Is there a better method?  Thanks again!

Yeah, I wouldn't run that comp against a dragon CC. Instead, go queen walk with 10 valks and 10 hogs. Lure CC and kill them with the queen and poison. Use the queen walk for one side of the funnel.

We need some of the common 11 bases (ring, donut, hashtag) made by any of our 11s so we can work on hitting up. It comes up every war about us hitting up but we need some common layouts to practice on. 

We need some of the common 11 bases (ring, donut, hashtag) made by any of our 11s so we can work on hitting up. It comes up every war about us hitting up but we need some common layouts to practice on. 
Built one - but now have to wait 24 hrs before we can practice on it

Bunch of bug fixes including miners on defense, the war attack screen (showed you didn't have full troops even if you did sometimes), and I'm guessing on this one : making defensese retarget after miners go underground 

Apparently posted on the xmod forums:  "Plz xmod i got baned from clash becaus i was using mod plz help me i don't want to lose my account"

The fun part is it seems like they did a couple rounds of bans, stopped banning for a bit and xmod/imod released some sort of update.  They waited for all the people back from 2 week bans to surface then hit them with the perma.

Now there are word of false positives in the mix.  There are certain programs that set up firewalls such that apps can't have certain access.  This, apparently is causing some of the false positives and some people have had bans lifted for this reason.  It's a little creepy that a game can search the root of my phone.  Privacy issues do seem to be called into question here if this is truly being done client side.  

According to that interview on Groot the hacker claims (no idea how he knows) that client side searching was in the code but they disabled it sending anything to server side at some point.  So maybe they just decided to manage the server based hacks from this point on.  This might explain why bot programs are still running strong and people say they haven't been caught yet.  All the bot hacks are client side.

The fun part is it seems like they did a couple rounds of bans, stopped banning for a bit and xmod/imod released some sort of update.  They waited for all the people back from 2 week bans to surface then hit them with the perma.

Now there are word of false positives in the mix.  There are certain programs that set up firewalls such that apps can't have certain access.  This, apparently is causing some of the false positives and some people have had bans lifted for this reason.  It's a little creepy that a game can search the root of my phone.  Privacy issues do seem to be called into question here if this is truly being done client side.  

According to that interview on Groot the hacker claims (no idea how he knows) that client side searching was in the code but they disabled it sending anything to server side at some point.  So maybe they just decided to manage the server based hacks from this point on.  This might explain why bot programs are still running strong and people say they haven't been caught yet.  All the bot hacks are client side.

In the terms of service, you give them permission to search client side. That's the case with the majority of apps on your phone.

Clayton Gray said:
In the terms of service, you give them permission to search client side. That's the case with the majority of apps on your phone.
But it is a slippery slope for privacy advocates.  And why these blocking tools shouldn't necessarily be a ban.  It's akin to implying because you have a gun in your house you might kill someone.  I would prefer them to actually catch people in the act if they are going to take away your right to play.  The server side hacks are what got everyone so tweaked anyways.  I get it that they don't want people running off on private servers, but that's going to be such a micro minuscule portion of players that it's not worth worrying about.    

And most of the client side checks are limited to seeing what OS you are on, and what hardware you are on so they can align their display as required.  Apple, for example is extremely limited in what client side checks can happen.  Android had to open up a bit due to howls from devs that their platform wasn't scaled properly.  And again, if you believe that guy groot had on they aren't client side checking anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread