Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Clash of Clans (Official thread)


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Cliff Clavin said:

Havent had a bot hit either of my accounts in a long time. Used to be a daily occurrence.

Tons of people talking about just using bots till they catch the 2 week and stopping at that point.  imod/xmod had bots built in but there were bluestacks based bots that are overlays that would be damn hard to catch.  Zero idea the population the PC based bots ran under.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • culdeus

    5684

  • GregR

    1340

  • Cliff Clavin

    1289

  • AcerFC

    1214

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

Check out my clan, BuckNuts.  We war twice a week and have a record of 129-39 including 43-7 in last 50 and 12-1 in last 13.  All of this without a TH11 and going against them regularly each war.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheBottomLine said:

Check out my clan, BuckNuts.  We war twice a week and have a record of 129-39 including 43-7 in last 50 and 12-1 in last 13.  All of this without a TH11 and going against them regularly each war.  

Which one of the 20 are you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Statorama said:

What are your wait times like?  It took us 2 hours to find a match over the weekend.

Usually an hour or so.

The part i like, is that the wars get progressively harder. Last war was the tougher in a long time and it was our 9th win in a row. Got an even tougher one now that we go for 10 straight.

Edited by Cliff Clavin
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Overlooked in this matchup is while the th11s are really strong they have #### th10.  Then their th9 are all pretty maxed. 

We're heavily outgunned by their 9s; thankfully we have the TH10 count advantage to make up for it. As long as the bullies are clean (missed a lot last war) we should be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be good to get the 9s into the friendly challenges before hitting the war targets.   I am not sure the number of 9v9 trips last war, but we have the hero power to get more than we had with some practice.   

 

ETA - looks like Honda isn't full so if you are online and don't see any 9s hop over to Honda, they should have plenty 

Edited by freeannyong
Edit to add
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freeannyong said:

Would be good to get the 9s into the friendly challenges before hitting the war targets.   I am not sure the number of 9v9 trips last war, but we have the hero power to get more than we had with some practice.   

 

ETA - looks like Honda isn't full so if you are online and don't see any 9s hop over to Honda, they should have plenty 

We're your huckleberry

Edited by beer 30
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think clans really have any idea how to even setup to 3 a th10 with a max 11. The comps people are using have no shot at 3 if they tried 50 times.  

You would think people would have some exposure to 3 star comps at this point enough  to try it in fcs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freeannyong said:

We seem to be way ahead of the curve with bowlers. The high triples are big time. 

What does this mean? Upgrade bowlers asap?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cliff Clavin said:

Yep. Our TH11 get high 2* or 3* on other TH11s and steamroll TH10s with them. Gives us a pretty big advantage in close wars.

Very nice. Do you mind sharing his general loadout on these attacks?

Edited by Jobber
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cliff Clavin said:

Easier to watch. Join fbgs for a bit and watch some replays. Just let me know your trophy count.

Ill bring my mini for a day to watch. Thanks. 2464 trophies...bunniemcmuffin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Game is in a bit of a crisis now at the higher levels.

TH9 has been mostly solved at the higher levels with the perfection of GoVaHo and these blended bowler strategies, heavy healer strategies, etc.  For a small period of time you saw TH9s struggle to clear, with all the FC practice they get TH9 skillset has gotten too strong.  TH9 needs more defense, badly.  

TH10 is still as hard as ever to trip at 86k or higher.  Nothing has really developed to be more than a 2 star strat at those levels, so you are left with poorly designed bases or weaker bases to get 3 on.  Still valuable but somewhat boring.  80%+ of TH10 raids start with 4 healers and add 16 valks and go from there.  Getting old quickly.  At least they aren't having to dip as much anymore.  

TH11 is stupid right now.  Bowlers are a joke and need some changes.  They should likely just push them back to 8 housing spots for now and see if they are still viable.  While it isn't a big deal that TH11 can dip to get 3 on high TH10s the problem defensively is that it is too easy for a th10 to jump up and get 2 on th11s and I don't know how they balance the 10/11 up/down dynamic without upsetting everything else.  

Probably the most balanced th right now is th10.  It's basically impossible to get 3 on a decent th10 as a th10.  Even with the new troops.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Game is in a bit of a crisis now at the higher levels.

TH9 has been mostly solved at the higher levels with the perfection of GoVaHo and these blended bowler strategies, heavy healer strategies, etc.  For a small period of time you saw TH9s struggle to clear, with all the FC practice they get TH9 skillset has gotten too strong.  TH9 needs more defense, badly.  

TH10 is still as hard as ever to trip at 86k or higher.  Nothing has really developed to be more than a 2 star strat at those levels, so you are left with poorly designed bases or weaker bases to get 3 on.  Still valuable but somewhat boring.  80%+ of TH10 raids start with 4 healers and add 16 valks and go from there.  Getting old quickly.  At least they aren't having to dip as much anymore.  

TH11 is stupid right now.  Bowlers are a joke and need some changes.  They should likely just push them back to 8 housing spots for now and see if they are still viable.  While it isn't a big deal that TH11 can dip to get 3 on high TH10s the problem defensively is that it is too easy for a th10 to jump up and get 2 on th11s and I don't know how they balance the 10/11 up/down dynamic without upsetting everything else.  

Probably the most balanced th right now is th10.  It's basically impossible to get 3 on a decent th10 as a th10.  Even with the new troops.  

Time to uninstall?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cliff Clavin said:

Time to uninstall?

I think it's fixable but they are going to probably have to add defenses at TH9 and TH11 rather than mess with troops too much.  It's also been a pretty long time since they've done a balancing update.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wdcrob said:

Yeah... missed that the Bowlers were CC: only.  I'm always wary of these 30/30 replays, but that looked really easy.

Yep. I'm assuming there were countless attempts with that build before getting it to work. Then people pass these off as foolproof.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cliff Clavin said:

Yep. I'm assuming there were countless attempts with that build before getting it to work. Then people pass these off as foolproof.

Funnel, pull cc, dump healed giants down gut heroes and bowlers behind, it's basically the same idea as the mass bowlers at th11 but uses giants instead of bowlers for the wedge.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Funnel, pull cc, dump healed giants down gut heroes and bowlers behind, it's basically the same idea as the mass bowlers at th11 but uses giants instead of bowlers for the wedge.  

Does it work without max heroes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, culdeus said:

Game is in a bit of a crisis now at the higher levels.

TH9 has been mostly solved at the higher levels with the perfection of GoVaHo and these blended bowler strategies, heavy healer strategies, etc.  For a small period of time you saw TH9s struggle to clear, with all the FC practice they get TH9 skillset has gotten too strong.  TH9 needs more defense, badly.

 

Rare is the arranged war where neither side uses TH10s to dip down and finish off the TH9s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wdcrob said:

Does it work without max heroes?

I don't see why it wouldn't. Fail rate is probably a bit higher, but using friendly challenges can help you fine tune and see what needs to be done with your hero level.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clayton Gray said:

Rare is the arranged war where neither side uses TH10s to dip down and finish off the TH9s.

It's swung quite a bit in the last few weeks.  Following the potluck spins this weekend it was pretty rare to not see th9s clean with 7 or 8 attacks to spare.  There may have been one or two that didn't clean but I certainly didn't hear any of it and it's usually talked about as a black mark on the clan.  Right after the update it was a little bit of an issue, but people have had time to adjust to the new stuff by now and are getting lots of practice in.  I mean for th9 the bases all follow one of 4 or 5 different principles so it's not hard to ask for a "Offset queen, down xbow, tesla farm, with baby drag and valk cc" get a few hits in and make sure comp is good and go.

I think I heard WHF/PWCOC specifically started together 16/18 fresh triples on th9.  The one genesis did had all 9s cleared at 10hr point from both sides, not sure what the rate was but there were surplus both sides.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shoot_Me_Now said:

Fbgs th9s are probably around 15-65 in our last four wars getting trips on th9s. We're pretty average compares to these high level clans but "th9 needs more defense, badly" is quite laughable. 

Still see some strange comps being used when people have decent enough heroes to make the more normal stuff work.  Doesn't really matter. When the other clans at best get maybe 2 th10/11 trips to a clan that can get 10 or more there isn't a lot of pressure on the th9s.  Main issue th9s seem to have is not knowing how to funnel a queen walk properly and how to manage the more predominant ccs that are out there now like mass minions or baby drag and trash.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, culdeus said:

It's swung quite a bit in the last few weeks.  Following the potluck spins this weekend it was pretty rare to not see th9s clean with 7 or 8 attacks to spare.  There may have been one or two that didn't clean but I certainly didn't hear any of it and it's usually talked about as a black mark on the clan.  Right after the update it was a little bit of an issue, but people have had time to adjust to the new stuff by now and are getting lots of practice in.  I mean for th9 the bases all follow one of 4 or 5 different principles so it's not hard to ask for a "Offset queen, down xbow, tesla farm, with baby drag and valk cc" get a few hits in and make sure comp is good and go.

I think I heard WHF/PWCOC specifically started together 16/18 fresh triples on th9.  The one genesis did had all 9s cleared at 10hr point from both sides, not sure what the rate was but there were surplus both sides.  

 

One weekend does make a crisis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...