What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (8 Viewers)

Havent had a bot hit either of my accounts in a long time. Used to be a daily occurrence.
Tons of people talking about just using bots till they catch the 2 week and stopping at that point.  imod/xmod had bots built in but there were bluestacks based bots that are overlays that would be damn hard to catch.  Zero idea the population the PC based bots ran under.  

Check out my clan, BuckNuts.  We war twice a week and have a record of 129-39 including 43-7 in last 50 and 12-1 in last 13.  All of this without a TH11 and going against them regularly each war.  

Guys, thanks for all the advice in this thread.  First war with max Valks and I was able to throw up 5 stars on the top two guys.

Keep those strategies and videos going guys, they're a big help.

Big comeback W :thumbup:

Got another tough, tough matchup. TH9s need to fire as early as possible so we know where to bully. Their bottom TH9 is a 20/20... 

Really like the new match making.

What are your wait times like?  It took us 2 hours to find a match over the weekend.
Usually an hour or so.

The part i like, is that the wars get progressively harder. Last war was the tougher in a long time and it was our 9th win in a row. Got an even tougher one now that we go for 10 straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overlooked in this matchup is while the th11s are really strong they have #### th10.  Then their th9 are all pretty maxed. 

Overlooked in this matchup is while the th11s are really strong they have #### th10.  Then their th9 are all pretty maxed. 
We're heavily outgunned by their 9s; thankfully we have the TH10 count advantage to make up for it. As long as the bullies are clean (missed a lot last war) we should be fine.

Would be good to get the 9s into the friendly challenges before hitting the war targets.   I am not sure the number of 9v9 trips last war, but we have the hero power to get more than we had with some practice.   

ETA - looks like Honda isn't full so if you are online and don't see any 9s hop over to Honda, they should have plenty 

Would be good to get the 9s into the friendly challenges before hitting the war targets.   I am not sure the number of 9v9 trips last war, but we have the hero power to get more than we had with some practice.   

ETA - looks like Honda isn't full so if you are online and don't see any 9s hop over to Honda, they should have plenty 
We're your huckleberry

I don't think clans really have any idea how to even setup to 3 a th10 with a max 11. The comps people are using have no shot at 3 if they tried 50 times.  

You would think people would have some exposure to 3 star comps at this point enough  to try it in fcs

Game is in a bit of a crisis now at the higher levels.

TH9 has been mostly solved at the higher levels with the perfection of GoVaHo and these blended bowler strategies, heavy healer strategies, etc.  For a small period of time you saw TH9s struggle to clear, with all the FC practice they get TH9 skillset has gotten too strong.  TH9 needs more defense, badly.  

TH10 is still as hard as ever to trip at 86k or higher.  Nothing has really developed to be more than a 2 star strat at those levels, so you are left with poorly designed bases or weaker bases to get 3 on.  Still valuable but somewhat boring.  80%+ of TH10 raids start with 4 healers and add 16 valks and go from there.  Getting old quickly.  At least they aren't having to dip as much anymore.  

TH11 is stupid right now.  Bowlers are a joke and need some changes.  They should likely just push them back to 8 housing spots for now and see if they are still viable.  While it isn't a big deal that TH11 can dip to get 3 on high TH10s the problem defensively is that it is too easy for a th10 to jump up and get 2 on th11s and I don't know how they balance the 10/11 up/down dynamic without upsetting everything else.  

Probably the most balanced th right now is th10.  It's basically impossible to get 3 on a decent th10 as a th10.  Even with the new troops.  

TH9 has been mostly solved at the higher levels with the perfection of GoVaHo and these blended bowler strategies, heavy healer strategies, etc.  For a small period of time you saw TH9s struggle to clear, with all the FC practice they get TH9 skillset has gotten too strong.  TH9 needs more defense, badly.  

TH10 is still as hard as ever to trip at 86k or higher.  Nothing has really developed to be more than a 2 star strat at those levels, so you are left with poorly designed bases or weaker bases to get 3 on.  Still valuable but somewhat boring.  80%+ of TH10 raids start with 4 healers and add 16 valks and go from there.  Getting old quickly.  At least they aren't having to dip as much anymore.  

TH11 is stupid right now.  Bowlers are a joke and need some changes.  They should likely just push them back to 8 housing spots for now and see if they are still viable.  While it isn't a big deal that TH11 can dip to get 3 on high TH10s the problem defensively is that it is too easy for a th10 to jump up and get 2 on th11s and I don't know how they balance the 10/11 up/down dynamic without upsetting everything else.  

Probably the most balanced th right now is th10.  It's basically impossible to get 3 on a decent th10 as a th10.  Even with the new troops.  
Time to uninstall?

Yep. I'm assuming there were countless attempts with that build before getting it to work. Then people pass these off as foolproof.
Funnel, pull cc, dump healed giants down gut heroes and bowlers behind, it's basically the same idea as the mass bowlers at th11 but uses giants instead of bowlers for the wedge.  

Rare is the arranged war where neither side uses TH10s to dip down and finish off the TH9s.

Rare is the arranged war where neither side uses TH10s to dip down and finish off the TH9s.
It's swung quite a bit in the last few weeks.  Following the potluck spins this weekend it was pretty rare to not see th9s clean with 7 or 8 attacks to spare.  There may have been one or two that didn't clean but I certainly didn't hear any of it and it's usually talked about as a black mark on the clan.  Right after the update it was a little bit of an issue, but people have had time to adjust to the new stuff by now and are getting lots of practice in.  I mean for th9 the bases all follow one of 4 or 5 different principles so it's not hard to ask for a "Offset queen, down xbow, tesla farm, with baby drag and valk cc" get a few hits in and make sure comp is good and go.

I think I heard WHF/PWCOC specifically started together 16/18 fresh triples on th9.  The one genesis did had all 9s cleared at 10hr point from both sides, not sure what the rate was but there were surplus both sides.  

Fbgs th9s are probably around 15-65 in our last four wars getting trips on th9s. We're pretty average compared to these high level clans but "th9 needs more defense, badly" is quite laughable. 

Fbgs th9s are probably around 15-65 in our last four wars getting trips on th9s. We're pretty average compares to these high level clans but "th9 needs more defense, badly" is quite laughable. 
Still see some strange comps being used when people have decent enough heroes to make the more normal stuff work.  Doesn't really matter. When the other clans at best get maybe 2 th10/11 trips to a clan that can get 10 or more there isn't a lot of pressure on the th9s.  Main issue th9s seem to have is not knowing how to funnel a queen walk properly and how to manage the more predominant ccs that are out there now like mass minions or baby drag and trash.  

It's swung quite a bit in the last few weeks.  Following the potluck spins this weekend it was pretty rare to not see th9s clean with 7 or 8 attacks to spare.  There may have been one or two that didn't clean but I certainly didn't hear any of it and it's usually talked about as a black mark on the clan.  Right after the update it was a little bit of an issue, but people have had time to adjust to the new stuff by now and are getting lots of practice in.  I mean for th9 the bases all follow one of 4 or 5 different principles so it's not hard to ask for a "Offset queen, down xbow, tesla farm, with baby drag and valk cc" get a few hits in and make sure comp is good and go.

I think I heard WHF/PWCOC specifically started together 16/18 fresh triples on th9.  The one genesis did had all 9s cleared at 10hr point from both sides, not sure what the rate was but there were surplus both sides.  

One weekend does make a crisis.

Users who are viewing this thread