What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Yes. Baby Drag with ground troops 
I've been using baby dragon since it came out. If the attacker doesn't have wizards and/or AQ on the baby dragon, the attack won't be successful.

And putting two valks and a wizard with the baby dragon can disrupt a queen walk. At the very least, it will likely cause the attacker to use both a rage and the queen's ability.

I've been using baby dragon since it came out. If the attacker doesn't have wizards and/or AQ on the baby dragon, the attack won't be successful.

And putting two valks and a wizard with the baby dragon can disrupt a queen walk. At the very least, it will likely cause the attacker to use both a rage and the queen's ability.
You should be able to manage it without using both of those with double poison.  It just so happens many right now only have one poison to bring.  I need to fact check this but double poisoned valks are only going to get one shot off since the effect stacks.  The last thing you want to do is phase vs a baby drag as a max baby drag can do huge damage to the healers.  Sometimes you have no choice, however.

I have had some crashing, couldn't donate to war ccs for a war, I'd hit donate and crash. But next war it was fine. Feel free to check me out, snorkelson, manifestDESTINY.

I was searching for best cc troops for clan war and found the fbg clash page, so I figure I'd ask for some opinions- forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place. Post poison update it seems drags and loons are the norm, since poison kills everything. For our next war I've put in a healer and 2 valks, figure the healer may heal them thru the poison spell and then heal heroes if it's still alive, but this may also be stupid. Any thoughts on alternatives to dragon?

does poison even work anymore? seems minions arnt phased and im wasting a spell
The retargeting of poison is a little wierd since they ended the lure. Double. Wait. Raid. 

Minions seem most affected by this since they are fast. 

I think they will attempt to move out, then engage the next target. Having them hitting something like a golem will look different than a valk, for example. 

This is why having two poisons is so important when not pulling. 

Been watching the Regional FPC friendlies with shuke.  The HGHB is absolutely insane.  People are getting 3 stars with a heal to spare and not even using the back end hogs.  Never seen bloodbaths like this.

It really is similar to the bowler th11 meta, nearly identical in setup and execution.  If the giants don't hit the springs they live the whole way thru, if they hit the springs the healers switch to the heroes.  

Been watching the Regional FPC friendlies with shuke.  The HGHB is absolutely insane.  People are getting 3 stars with a heal to spare and not even using the back end hogs.  Never seen bloodbaths like this.

It really is similar to the bowler th11 meta, nearly identical in setup and execution.  If the giants don't hit the springs they live the whole way thru, if they hit the springs the healers switch to the heroes.  

hog giant healer bowler?

whats the build ratio on this

They aren't using many jumps. Most have gone in favor of rages. 

Also some funneling done by minions or baby drag or gobs or whatever works given the perimeter defenses and all that. Not always heavy wiz. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So winning streak must not be overly important in matchmaking. We have a streak of 1 - slightly less than our opponent's 14. :shrug:

Btw guys. I can be kicked any time. I haven't warred in forever. I still do keep my donation ratio up so you'll keep me around but it's nothing personal at all and would be fine if I unceremoniously got the boot. 

Just no time any more on my end. 

Btw guys. I can be kicked any time. I haven't warred in forever. I still do keep my donation ratio up so you'll keep me around but it's nothing personal at all and would be fine if I unceremoniously got the boot. 

Just no time any more on my end. 
No worries.   Have room for you still.   Once you quit making 100 golf lineups every week you should be good to go :)

Clayton Gray said:
So winning streak must not be overly important in matchmaking. We have a streak of 1 - slightly less than our opponent's 14. :shrug:
Our newest opponent has a streak of 0... it will stay at 0. Just an awful match for them.

How the hell did that clan win 17 straight? They showed nearly no hope at 3 starring a TH10 using any method at all.  I just can't make my eyes go back and check it but I don't think they tripped a base with infernos using 10s or 11s.  Pretty sure we got an 11 tripped and all but 1 10 tripped before just going pure pot. 

I wish you could bet on things like how many tries it takes to get 2 stars on VA's base or when do they give up?

Clayton Gray said:
So based on that last FBGS matchup, Honda is the tough matchup for that other clan, finally facing a legit clan after 14 wins.

I sort of quit trying to track the war matchmaking parameters.  It does seem they are tweaking it now more than they have in the past.

Those that do track it swear up and down that the top 5 bases count more than anything.  So a clan with really strong top 5, then a very steep fall-off in heroes can be put in a nearly constant unwinnable situation versus a clan that is well developed top to bottom.

How the hell did that clan win 17 straight? They showed nearly no hope at 3 starring a TH10 using any method at all.  I just can't make my eyes go back and check it but I don't think they tripped a base with infernos using 10s or 11s.  Pretty sure we got an 11 tripped and all but 1 10 tripped before just going pure pot. 

I wish you could bet on things like how many tries it takes to get 2 stars on VA's base or when do they give up?
Its not a good base if you have anyone concept of funnelling. I was getting 2* on it by my 2nd try with no BK.

Yeah that base VA used I hit for a 75% 2 with full Valk spam (30) in the previous war on their 1

Its not a good base if you have anyone concept of funnelling. I was getting 2* on it by my 2nd try with no BK.
I'm gonna bet this current clan has no concept of what a funnel is.  That's what I'm saying.

Could make for some funny fails.  Was pretty damn hilarious watching a couple of these.

Total BK and AQ levels of the top 24 (their bottom 6 are th8 so it gets even worse for them).

Fbgs - 1593

Ottoman - 957

What a disaster.

I don't see how that matchup ever happens. How long was the search?
I don't see why this is that strange...

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/1046176-From-the-Dev-s-Desk-Clan-Wars-Matchmaking

"Defensive progress will be playing a much bigger role in Clan Wars matchmaking after the update."

"It will place greater emphasis on matching the top of the war map, and less emphasis on matching the bottom."

Similar defensive top end...check.

Offense mismatch...check.

Not matched as well on the bottom...check.

Seems about right with what they said. As far as I've heard, I don't believe they try to match hero levels at all now.

That last clan folded pretty early for a clan on a 17 war win streak.   Shame on them, their families, and their country.

That said, I'm eager to push the button on th10, but there's no way I'm doing that while we're on a win streak.    Considering not changing my underwear either.

That last clan folded pretty early for a clan on a 17 war win streak.   Shame on them, their families, and their country.

That said, I'm eager to push the button on th10, but there's no way I'm doing that while we're on a win streak.    Considering not changing my underwear either.
Pump as a TH10?!? That goes against everything I know about Clash!

There's a decent market for accounts these days.  Funny thing is there are two tiers. 

Strong 9s run about 75 to 100 bucks. 

Max hero 10s run about 200 bucks. 

Sometimes you see 11s at the 200 range, but more like 250.

Name change can crush the value.  Many are selling 9s to buy 10s rather than wait out all the labs and camps and crap.  

Funny thing is I know someone that plays that Kate Upton game of war game.  Developed accounts there go for mid 4 figures.  No idea why. 

Yeah that base VA used I hit for a 75% 2 with full Valk spam (30) in the previous war on their 1
people arnt as smart as us, we are fbgs!

im hoping it draws at least 2 attacks per war and settles for 2 stars that's my goal

The Future Champs said:
I know.  Th9 has been a part of my life for almost two years.
Same here, kinda excited to punch the button to go to TH10 or TH9.25 as it were. Going to be odd leaving the safe confines of TH9, November will be 2 years for me.

Same here, kinda excited to punch the button to go to TH10 or TH9.25 as it were. Going to be odd leaving the safe confines of TH9, November will be 2 years for me.
Beer Too?!?! The world is collapsing and swallowing itself! Next your going to say Clayton is going TH10!

I enjoyed TH10, it was a fun and enjoyable TH. Welcome to the dark side.

Users who are viewing this thread