What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Only one th10 not fresh tripled in this war and all down to animator to deliver the last one.
Cha Ching... 3 fresh stars in the pot! :)

End of first night stats...

30 man war

41 of 60 hits used

83 of 90 stars achieved

Every single TH10 3 starred on 1st hit

Only stars open are the TH11's in the top 6

they are 31 attacks in with 45 stars

not a single 3 star from them above the XBow line

The war ended

85-53 stars

95.1% - 66.37% destruction

brutal war.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://youtu.be/2oEjMtQZURo

Another th9 attack strategy video courtesy of culdeus 
tldw notes:

- CC bowlers, 8 wiz 4 healers 12 giants 14 hogs.  He takes 3 rage 1 heal. 

1. Choose entry point near queen

2. Destroy outer defenses with either loons or hogs (if necessary)

3. Drop giants healers.   Drop wizards to create funnel (hold 2 or 3 for cleanup). Drop queen.

4. Once funnel is created drop bowlers and king.

5. Poison queen and cc. Rage first compartment.   Rage through the 2nd set of walls

6. Targeted hogs

For iPad users, since the last update my game just randomly closes, constantly. I'm waiting for it to happen during an attack at which point I'll get back to the group on the aerodynamic capabilities of said iPad. Anybody else experiencing similar issues? Any known fixes?

Honda Guys:

1) I'm about to put my queen down for the next month or so to get her up to level 25, do you want me in the wars sans queen or should I wait til my queen is back?  My feelings won't be hurt...I realize with my war weight you probably really need me at full strength to add value.

2) I think we need to talk about our strategy as some of our top TH9s migrate to 10...we had some wasted attacks up high last war that would have been better served on lower bases...just didn't seem like the ideal strategy.

I have a question about the 9.25 strategy.

By going 9.25 you open yourself up to being more likely to be 3 starred, however you also lessen the war weight so those factors would appear to offset one another.

As long as you're equaling or bettering the star production of opposition bases which have an equal war weight, it really doesn't matter what your war weight is right?

I have a question about the 9.25 strategy.

By going 9.25 you open yourself up to being more likely to be 3 starred, however you also lessen the war weight so those factors would appear to offset one another.

As long as you're equaling or bettering the star production of opposition bases which have an equal war weight, it really doesn't matter what your war weight is right?

A few wars ago, we ran into a clan with six TH9.5s. Our top base was a max TH9. The extra walls, extra building HPs, and five more CC troops made them more difficult to 3-star. Their good attackers had little trouble wiping out our top TH9s - even the bad attackers had good results.

Are walls a no-no for .5? Not sure if I should build them with JR or not. Would like to so I can keep my gold down.
I'm doing this with gold (in order):

• Clan Castle - upgrade
  • Giant Bomb - add new one and move it to TH9 max
  • Skeleton Trap - add new one and move it to TH9 max
  • Seeking Air Mine - add new one and move it to TH9 max
  • Air Bomb - add new one and move it to TH9 max
  • Send the above to TH10 max
  • Archer Tower - add new one and move it to TH9 max
  • Cannon - add new one and move it to TH9 max
  • Send the above to TH10 max
Then walls.

Of course, I haven't gotten the new archer tower and cannon down yet. I might want the extra walls before then. Who knows.

I'm currently sitting at max TH 9 in regard to defenses.  However, my walls are still skulls, I still have barracks to upgrade both dark and regular for baby drags (have 1 for baby drags done). Need to upgrade valks (only at level 1), golems (only at 3), pekkas (3), minions (3), witches (1) and hounds (1).  Is it recommended to upgrade to TH10 just to get the extra stuff at this point?  I wouldn't think.

BTW, I don't have the skeleton spell, and level 2s for poison and eq, while only level 1 for haste.  Jump is only lvl 1 as well as freeze.

I'm currently sitting at max TH 9 in regard to defenses.  However, my walls are still skulls, I still have barracks to upgrade both dark and regular for baby drags (have 1 for baby drags done). Need to upgrade valks (only at level 1), golems (only at 3), pekkas (3), minions (3), witches (1) and hounds (1).  Is it recommended to upgrade to TH10 just to get the extra stuff at this point?  I wouldn't think.

BTW, I don't have the skeleton spell, and level 2s for poison and eq, while only level 1 for haste.  Jump is only lvl 1 as well as freeze.
I wouldn't think of upgrading in your situation.

Do not upgrade. Get valks and golems to L4 at a minimum. Get the heros to 30/30 as well.

I am a little surprised to see after a month or so of friendly challenges that very few opponent clans in any of the wars I'm in show much improvement in talent or creativity. 

It costs nothing/little to run a bunch of bowler runs/hghb/pents.  

The clan we are just finishing with showed about 0 effort. They pulled the ccs on the top 3 bases, and even then then still brought quakes and no poison. Not sure what their line of thinking was other than IDGAF

Honda dudes - please opt Jonathan out. He wil not be able to war until later this week.

and apologies for not opting him out before we left 

=Smackdown= said:
Honda dudes - please opt Jonathan out. He wil not be able to war until later this week.

and apologies for not opting him out before we left 
Smack you know the rules of Honda, parents are responsible for their children & friends. We'll be expecting you to provide 6 stars before 7pm tomorrow night.

TIA,

Honda

Really, at this point if you are an early TH9 and want to play as a late TH9 the easy way is to just buy one. The cost is manageable even up to 30/30.  I'm hearing no name change bases running like $75 and name change in the 125-150 range for 50-55+ hero range on up.  

And the flipside of that I would really consider dumping a TH9 on the market and going to a slightly more rushed version of your own base at TH10 with camps done, and most of the key labs done already.  I've personally witnessed just in the past week 2 people dump their 30/30 for a TH10 that had all the labs and #### done for a 35/25 and 25/25. and only paid an addl. 60-100 bucks out of pocket.  

It's nice to just have the camps and labs done and you can concentrate on heroes.  Now these bases you get tend to carry lots of weight, but with valks and bowlers as strong as they are it's usually not an issue anymore like it used to be.

The real value though is TH9s, I mean that's like a year of hero grind to slog thru.

It appears so Cliff. They only have 3 defensive th10s tho so I'm not sure how to manage the attacks yet. 
9s htfu and hit Twice 

While thst happens:

The 40 40s each take one shot at an 11 looking for 2. 

Non 40 40 Hit .5s

11s hit the 3 10s 

Then:

Check dip count.  

Fire for effect on 11s

RIP win streak.  

There is another pot luck starting tonight.  The lack of TH9s makes this hard to work out. Need 15 total.   They seem to be making the heavy weight class more heavy lately.  Maybe that works out to like 10 TH9 before long.

Good run y'all. Got out bowled and had some 99%s that hurt. I think they had 6 guys with Max bowlers against our 2. 

And every 11 get bowlers upgrading, even L2 can wreck 10s as we saw this war.

If anyone wants to stop by and see some bowlers let us know and we can lower the bridge.  

Good run y'all. Got out bowled and had some 99%s that hurt. I think they had 6 guys with Max bowlers against our 2. 

And every 11 get bowlers upgrading, even L2 can wreck 10s as we saw this war.

If anyone wants to stop by and see some bowlers let us know and we can lower the bridge.  
I'm sending over one of my sub accounts.  Please lower to 2400 when you get a chance please.

True Confessions:

1.  I played with the sound off for the first year and a half.

2.  It took me far longer than I care to admit to realize that

SUP

ERC

ELL

was supercell.

3.  The first time I stumbled upon a base with an active BK I was startled and immediately clicked "next".   Just to be safe.

True Confessions:

SUP

ERC

ELL

was supercell.

3.  The first time I stumbled upon a base with an active BK I was startled and immediately clicked "next".   Just to be safe.
As mentioned by someone else in the original COC thread, I still read this as:  "sup Urkel"

True Confessions:

SUP

ERC

ELL

was supercell.

I like the noise Halloween cauldrons make so I kept a lot of them in my village. I tap them when I'm in bed, and I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

True Confessions:

Back in the old days when I was doing TH snipes I surrendered almost immediately when a tesla popped up and started zapping my archers. "WTH is that???" followed almost immediately by "I GOTTA get me one of THOSE!"

Users who are viewing this thread