What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Yep.  Our little work clan actually looks legit with HeGiHoBo attacks.
Had a 30/30 th9 hit up on a low th10 for 3. Fresh.  And it really wan't even all that close.

Was in a war with PWC over the weekend.  They only missed 7 th9 attacks and never missed a cleanup.  Several raids they could have swagged the entire hog component and still had no trouble.  It's gotten a bit out of hand.  Now people just for giggles are trying to run HGBLaloon. And those raids are absolutely crushing as well.  

culdeus said:
Had a 30/30 th9 hit up on a low th10 for 3. Fresh.  And it really wan't even all that close.

Was in a war with PWC over the weekend.  They only missed 7 th9 attacks and never missed a cleanup.  Several raids they could have swagged the entire hog component and still had no trouble.  It's gotten a bit out of hand.  Now people just for giggles are trying to run HGBLaloon. And those raids are absolutely crushing as well.  
Took us a while to figure out that you needed a WIDE funnel for Bowlers (who can get distracted pretty easily), but now that we have the pathing down it's pretty fun.  Going to enjoy it while it lasts.

This is a bloodbath. Very well could be a perfect war for FBGS. 46 stars before they've even attacked. At this rate they may not bother.

This is a bloodbath. Very well could be a perfect war for FBGS. 46 stars before they've even attacked. At this rate they may not bother.
Yep. They aren't even bothering. 5/30 of them have left the clan. 69-0 at this point.  Top 12 or so already 3 starred. 90-0 is in our reach. Kill Screen coming up.

Lowmax posted the hero totals just after kickoff. Something like 1750-900 for us (not including Wardens)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was thinking about trying to do the potluck again but we don't fit close to what we need. 

Either 4 th11 12 th10 14 th9 or 8 th11 22 th10 

Bummer 

The amount of dead bases right now is amazing. I've hit 6 dead th11s today, and a th10 that was so loaded I still got over 500k each and 4500 de. 

My my only theory is that 1/2 of the coc players are out looking for Pokemon. There is no reason to hit a non-dead base in masters right now. Last hit took me 40 next's, which is probably the most I've had to next all day, but I passed a dead th10 in the process that just didn't have enough loot. I've never seen anything like this in 3 years of playing.

The amount of dead bases right now is amazing. I've hit 6 dead th11s today, and a th10 that was so loaded I still got over 500k each and 4500 de. 

My my only theory is that 1/2 of the coc players are out looking for Pokemon. There is no reason to hit a non-dead base in masters right now. Last hit took me 40 next's, which is probably the most I've had to next all day, but I passed a dead th10 in the process that just didn't have enough loot. I've never seen anything like this in 3 years of playing.
Game is dead.

Yeah I think the pokemon go theory is solid.  Half the chats I'm in are talking it. They launched basically worldwide today.

Create one.
Yeah, with a baby on the way any day now, a 2 year old, high schooler and middle schooler, I'll pass for now and take the easy road of - if any of you have a good one, share the damn thing. I'd appreciate it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, with a baby on the way any day now, a 2 year old, high schooler and middle schooler, I'll pass for now and take the easy road of - if any of you have a good one, share the damn thing. I'd appreciate it. 

Then find one from a past war that was really difficult and use it.

Anyone hearing anything as far as a next update or clash-a-versary? 
I dunno, the forums are pretty dead.  My chat groups have nothing.  One mod on the SC forums said something to the effect of something big was coming, but who knows. 

8/4 is the 4 year anniversary.  

As much as it's been laughed off in the past th9 needs a lot of help now.  Even fbgs low hero guys are walking over th9s like they are nothing.  Major wars usually have at least one scout per 10/11 base and often times th9 are able to get 2 stars on every th10, and some of the 11s.  

The th9 game to me was always the most beautiful balanced element to the whole thing.  It's sad to see it basically turn into TH8.  I guess it's time has come and gone, but it's a part of the game that is supposed to take a year and a half to complete.  I realize for 75 to 100 bucks you can just skip th9 now, however.    

Then you have the issues of the spam attacks at th11.  I think air raids are just not strong enough even with the max air.  The heyday of air was pre xbow/wiz buff and with 3:30.  This gave you enough time to get inferno and two air d dead with aq/cc and get the air off in time.  Now at best you can work that type of thing on down xbow bases even with max air.  

Next update will be telling if they are wanting to make this a forever type game, or just get in harvesting mode.  

I do think they need to get a handle on the account buying and selling.  It's really changing the dynamics.  If I had a spare 100 bucks I'd probably buy a reasonably rushed th10 right now with 50-55 hero levels and just gigob it up slowly.  Lots of these accounts with 50-55 have nearly max walls or completely maxed walls which is way harder than doing heroes.  (Well, harder in the sense that you turn your bot on and walk away)

I don't really know if it's hurting their bottom line, but people realize how stupid it is that th9 is basically a dead th and th10 is such a long slog now that by trading their 9 for a 10 and maybe 30 bucks they can be most of the way there in a heartbeat.  It's sort of got me a bit pissed off that I didn't think of this myself really.  I'd like to have a th10 again, just to get back to not having to rely on spam so much.  I am keeping my eye out for the time being and if anyone wants to dump theirs let me know.

I do think they need to get a handle on the account buying and selling.  It's really changing the dynamics.  If I had a spare 100 bucks I'd probably buy a reasonably rushed th10 right now with 50-55 hero levels and just gigob it up slowly.  Lots of these accounts with 50-55 have nearly max walls or completely maxed walls which is way harder than doing heroes.  (Well, harder in the sense that you turn your bot on and walk away)

I don't really know if it's hurting their bottom line, but people realize how stupid it is that th9 is basically a dead th and th10 is such a long slog now that by trading their 9 for a 10 and maybe 30 bucks they can be most of the way there in a heartbeat.  It's sort of got me a bit pissed off that I didn't think of this myself really.  I'd like to have a th10 again, just to get back to not having to rely on spam so much.  I am keeping my eye out for the time being and if anyone wants to dump theirs let me know.
I may be interested.  

I may be interested.  
I'll see what the update looks like.  If they make some changes to the way the th11 scene works that isn't just "Add another level of archer tower" and a couple of barch troop levels I might consider sticking with what I have. If they look to be throwing up their hands then I might try to get a th10 and get back in the mix.

As much as it's been laughed off in the past th9 needs a lot of help now.  Even fbgs low hero guys are walking over th9s like they are nothing.  Major wars usually have at least one scout per 10/11 base and often times th9 are able to get 2 stars on every th10, and some of the 11s.  

The th9 game to me was always the most beautiful balanced element to the whole thing.  It's sad to see it basically turn into TH8.  I guess it's time has come and gone, but it's a part of the game that is supposed to take a year and a half to complete.  I realize for 75 to 100 bucks you can just skip th9 now, however.    

I don't really know if it's hurting their bottom line, but people realize how stupid it is that th9 is basically a dead th and th10 is such a long slog now that by trading their 9 for a 10 and maybe 30 bucks they can be most of the way there in a heartbeat. 
I'll probably get blasted for this but one solution to return TH9 to non-auto 3* with HGHB is to allow players to receive cc troops of only troops they have unlocked. You could still get the leveled up donated troops so long as you have L1 of that troop unlocked. So TH11 and TH10 would get access to everything still, TH9 couldn't touch miners and bowlers, TH8 couldn't touch witches, hounds, baby drag, miners, and bowlers. 

I hear ya on the TH10 slog. 345 days to complete TH10 lab at this time. GiGob piles up DE so quickly that TH9's can jump to TH10 as soon as their lab finishes and still have no problem maxing their heroes while at TH10. I'm not recommending TH9 jump to TH10 early that's just the power of gigob.

Yeah, the lab time at th10 is stupid.  This is why anyone with a max 9 is just selling or keeping it at 9 forever and buying a 10. This is the central issue the game has right now.  The more content they add the more they add to the insane time to actually carry someone thru it.  It's a feedback loop that will prevent new people from coming into the fold.  

And if you are done farming there's not a real incentive to stay active farming. You can build an army and practice in FC for a bit, attack in war, go away.  This was a huge issue in onehive genesis where I was for a bit.  The th9s are all basically done.  There's no reason for them to do anything but show up for the first 6 hours of a war, collect their two 3 star raids and check back for the last hour of the war to see if it was won.  None of them have any interest at all in moving their accounts up.  They realize how stupid a 9 to 10 move is right now.  That has to change, but I feel like it won't.

And not everyone wants to go thru the hassle of buying accounts either, I mean it's not like you paypal someone some cash and boom.  There's alot to it. I don't want to make it seem that simple, but trading with a known person it is quite easy.  Especially on android. 

Wow stealth update. Not sure why the Giants new level. Mailing it in or just taking some time off after the big update? 

No game play changes that we were told about. Bowlers seem safe for now. 

Reading through this, it is unbelievable to me that anyone would buy a base from someone else.  It makes the idiocy of Pokemon seem somewhat sane.

Reading through this, it is unbelievable to me that anyone would buy a base from someone else.  It makes the idiocy of Pokemon seem somewhat sane.
Why?  If you war seriously and farm seriously. You can easily drop a hundred in gems to keep heroes awake at th10.

With serious wars being what they are nobody wants to be out of the game for 3 or 4 months waiting on stupid heroes and labs.

And you can buy pokemon go accts also. 

Why?  If you war seriously and farm seriously. You can easily drop a hundred in gems to keep heroes awake at th10.

With serious wars being what they are nobody wants to be out of the game for 3 or 4 months waiting on stupid heroes and labs.

And you can buy pokemon go accts also. 
Because you're paying to have someone play a game for you. Kind of defeats the purpose of a game.

It's also about opportunity cost.  From start to finish it would take hundreds of hours of play to get to a solid TH10.  If you accelerate that, it conceivably gives you the ability to do something else with those hours.  In the end you're paying someone pennies an hour to go through the slog so you can reap the benefits.

Honda guys, need everyone's attacks in. We can win this with the low level cleanups. A few people with two attacks left, just over an hour left. TIA.

But if you ARE farming, there's absolutely no reason to attack anything that isn't a dead base right now.  I can't go 10 clicks without seeing a 300/300/1.5k+ out there.  It's bonkers.

Users who are viewing this thread