What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Leafing through the Pokemon Go thread, the theory that many Clash players have migrated to it makes sense.  A lot of what makes Clash fun is available in that app.

Gonna be a good finish vs a 351 win clan :popcorn:
And FBGs officially take down a 351 win clan that included a few engineered th11's disguised as th9's. This is right up there with one of our best wins ever. Great execution by all and we had a little luck on our side with 2 improbable 3* stars at the 3:00 mark that looked for sure like they would time out. MVP = tamshuke

Time for us to start using a shorter clock on calls? 2 hours maybe? Call a base, build, hit it. No more calling at war start and waiting 8 hours to attack when others are sitting waiting. Mostly a problem at TH9 where most of the bases are crushed on first hit.

90% of us use pretty much the same build for each base (HGHB at 9 and 18-20 valks at 10).

Cliff Clavin said:
Time for us to start using a shorter clock on calls? 2 hours maybe? Call a base, build, hit it. No more calling at war start and waiting 8 hours to attack when others are sitting waiting. Mostly a problem at TH9 where most of the bases are crushed on first hit.

90% of us use pretty much the same build for each base (HGHB at 9 and 18-20 valks at 10).
I've been thinking the same

I've been thinking the same
I'm in for the shorter call time, but can we maybe start but cutting down to 4 hours? Granted, I agree that most builds are similar at each th level. But there are times in the a.m. That calls can be made, builds started prior to work, but time to attack isn't available til lunch time. Just a thought, but may not be too much of a difference. I'm in for shorter call times in general.

/SML

You almost need a different clock for th9 and th10/11.  Agree that for the vast majority of 9s they all die the same way these days.  

It's a little annoying for a 10/11 if perhaps they are doing an attack in which they only have one barrack to build the required troops. 

You almost need a different clock for th9 and th10/11.  Agree that for the vast majority of 9s they all die the same way these days.  

It's a little annoying for a 10/11 if perhaps they are doing an attack in which they only have one barrack to build the required troops. 
TH10/11 kind of know their roles so the clock doesn't matter too much. The problem is at TH9 where pretty much every base is max (tower wise) that hitting 30 or 20 is pretty much the same thing. Also, so many clean hits off that start there may be 5-6 bases left with 15+ attacks. If those are all called, you're stuck waiting for a few hours not knowing when something will open up. It also makes the bully crew have to wait even longer after that.

2-3 guys calling bases down low and waiting 8+ hours delays everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
MindCrime said:
I'm in for the shorter call time, but can we maybe start but cutting down to 4 hours? Granted, I agree that most builds are similar at each th level. But there are times in the a.m. That calls can be made, builds started prior to work, but time to attack isn't available til lunch time. Just a thought, but may not be too much of a difference. I'm in for shorter call times in general.

/SML
In that case you would just build then call something when you are ready to hit. You are going to build 4 healers 3r2j bunch of valks and filler. Can hop on put the filler in and be ready to hit in 10. 

Heros are maxed tomorrow. Main labs are done (except miners). Any reason I shouldn't push to TH11 just to do Warden and Bowlers while I continue to do TH10 D?

Last edited by a moderator:
Farming is worse at th11 but I don't think you will have too much of an issue. Put them up if you want to. Have 21 days until lab is ready so you can fit miners in

Got my fingers crossed that this break is for an Air Buff.  With Valk and Bowler based attacks doing so well, I can't remember the last time my primary attack units were air troops.

Got my fingers crossed that this break is for an Air Buff.  With Valk and Bowler based attacks doing so well, I can't remember the last time my primary attack units were air troops.
 Don't think any major changes are coming until September from what I've seen posted. This break kills boost, but probably not much else.

MindCrime said:
 Don't think any major changes are coming until September from what I've seen posted. This break kills boost, but probably not much else.
Cool.  If you guys do happen to notice anything, please post.  I've been killing with mass valk jump heal, and I'm riding that until it stops being effective.

How many of you guys are still playing this out of curiosity?
I was right on the verge of hanging it up when they dropped the bowler/miner/loon update.  TH10 had gotten pretty dull, was mostly just hitting up on th11s for 2 stars in big wars and let th11 dip down on strong th10s.  

They gave nothing really to th10 so I jumped to th11 thinking air would be strong (it isn't).  

I have no real interest in dedicating the heavy time I did to it.  I'd say I spend 15% of the time I did earlier this year.  Maybe 10%.  The current game it's just not worth it.  Probably going to quit farming for the most part soon.  Got two more warden levels then just gonna war, it's still a great timekill on work calls and on the ####ter.  I still stay in touch with the hardcore guys but have lost the desire to really be a part of that scene until they make some balance changes.

I think they've milked this thing as far as they can go.  No real ideas I've seen really do the job of fixing the core issues of th11 balance.  They can reduce miner and bowler hp/dps, then what? It's a 2 star game again?  Great.  Everyone moved to th11 to escape the balance issues at th10.  

There's just really nothing else out there that's worth a damn or I'd have left awhile ago.  PokeGo was great for about 10 days, then went to ####.  None of the other games in this genre are close at all. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread