What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Yeah I think the code has been cracked for dominating farm wars

• Step 1 get massive heroes
  • Step 2 Make sure you can cover all the TH10 with dips by maintaining a warden/eagle ratio of roughly 2:1
  • Step 3 Have TH9 that can handle their ####
  • Step 4 Have TH10 that can hit up on TH11 when required
  • Step 5 see Step 1 again, it's important
I think it will be interesting to issue challenges to our other friendly clans.  Between our little network I don't think we will have any issue getting and accepting challenges from some of the very best FPC out there on the side.  Will be fun, and won't impact the streak.

I think for TH10 on TH10 high level bases the queen charge into miners is more viable than a boner. The real difference in min to max miners is the health difference.  Having healers on the field solves some of those issues. Even if they hit sams if one or two manage to live it's ok, and if the queen walk fails it's still ok because the healers will still be able to provide some help.  You just have to target the deployment that's close enough that healers can get there.  

I've still got about 2 weeks before being able to mess with this on the Jason account, on my main vs. th11 I'm not having a great go of it.  So who knows.

Some bases still fall old school valk blasts and some fall to bowlers.  Air just isn't viable unless the base is complete ###.  

I think for TH10 on TH10 high level bases the queen charge into miners is more viable than a boner. The real difference in min to max miners is the health difference.  Having healers on the field solves some of those issues. Even if they hit sams if one or two manage to live it's ok, and if the queen walk fails it's still ok because the healers will still be able to provide some help.  You just have to target the deployment that's close enough that healers can get there.  

I've still got about 2 weeks before being able to mess with this on the Jason account, on my main vs. th11 I'm not having a great go of it.  So who knows.

Some bases still fall old school valk blasts and some fall to bowlers.  Air just isn't viable unless the base is complete ###.  
Miners are too slow and have zero range. AD will shred healers. If you're going to walk with miners, the goal would be to keep AQ alive so she can clean up at the end IMO.

Miners are too slow and have zero range. AD will shred healers. If you're going to walk with miners, the goal would be to keep AQ alive so she can clean up at the end IMO.
The difference between th11 boner and th10 boner is that the warden allots 5 seconds to let bowlers just wreck under rage and the aura.  That's a massive difference that is overlooked as people try to scale that down.  The total DPS between TH10 and 11 is actually quite small, but the 11s have that 5 seconds to really get some work done that 10s don't have.  That's worth a lot of health.  Even 2 healers living to work on miners with a dead queen has some value at th10 over taking a bowler led KS.  Same concepts hold on the entry points for this, need to find paths that can get air defenses dead quickly.  

These ideas mostly apply to moated inferno bases, old meta dragonflower stuff are harder to deploy healers to as they tend to have air defenses still setup to stop aq walks.

Umm...got a new phone and downloaded everything from the icloud. All my apps showed up and I signed in using the Game Center, but it seems like it reset my village to 0. Any ideas??? If I can't get it back, I'm just going to quit. 
Play for like 5 minutes.  It will ask you roughly at the time the helper stops asking you to do stuff whether to swap to your saved village.

I don't really get how we matched.  They have 5 anchors and are much heavier on the top end.  

This is something that they specifically said wasn't going to happen, and in recent history hasn't.  

Having 5 anchors in a 30/30 just gives them the CC on our TH11s. Need to think through what CC we should use if we know for sure they won't hit any of those bases fresh.

I don't really get how we matched.  They have 5 anchors and are much heavier on the top end.  

This is something that they specifically said wasn't going to happen, and in recent history hasn't.  

Having 5 anchors in a 30/30 just gives them the CC on our TH11s. Need to think through what CC we should use if we know for sure they won't hit any of those bases fresh.

Is have CCs popped that much of an advantage to lose 10 attacks? Cripples their margin of error.

Is have CCs popped that much of an advantage to lose 10 attacks? Cripples their margin of error.
It's a game theory decision, whatever we have they will get it shown.  Is it better for them to see golems and have to deal with that, or better to show not golems and let them just spam 52 miners and pray?

My guess is other factors (like our matching war win streaks) matched which outweighed the anchor/heavy top end.

I would setup as if you are going to run a meta AQ Walk into Miners

4 Healers

4 or 5 WBS

1 or 2 baby drags 

A #### ton of miners with CC max miners

3 heal 1 rage 1 jump

This might change a tad depending on the base, but that's the basic build out.  Goal will be to find an entry point into the CC/AQ/BK that makes sense.  

If you imagine a base as a square we will ultimately let miners take out a L and the queen walk will grab a piece of the base.  If the walk isn't practical we will brute force it later.  If the walk works, and you triple I'll make sure to fedex you a bottle of bourbon.

2 golem, 6 bowlers, 4 wiz, 4 wb, 24 miners. 3 heal, 1 rage, 1 jump, 2 poison. CC miners. Tweak as necessary to funnel (ie maybe a baby drag instead of wiz)
This works also, especially if they run infernos in their own solo compartment.  I don't think they will and instead will have old meta bases that this type of approach won't work as well on.

How awesome would it be if this maintenance break broke these guys mod attacks and drop the ban hammer on some? I guess we can hope. 

Got the build. What do I do with it?
Pick off the surrounding buildings all over the base with the baby drags then smash in and get the TH with the valks. Babies are you to get you the % for the 2*.

Check in chat for which one to hit. I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty grim right now, the other side has modded us pretty hardcore.  Sucks to lose a big win streak like that.

I think it's pretty clear what is going on.  The major mod which hasn't got really hit hard is imod.  This is an IOS only mod that can run without a jailbreak.  From what I understand supercell is having a hard time isolating imod accounts on IOS versions 8 and lower.  

Late last week imod lost the support for "extracts" this means you have to actually have the burner in the war to do the hits.  These guys had 25 real accounts and 5 burners, could have easily run as 25 and hit like that, but didn't.  

So from what I get as long as they all have the account details for the TH3 and the TH3s have the mods installed they can get on those accounts and sandbox as much as they want.  They can also mod on their main if they simply don't give a ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's pretty clear what is going on.  The major mod which hasn't got really hit hard is imod.  This is an IOS only mod that can run without a jailbreak.  From what I understand supercell is having a hard time isolating imod accounts on IOS versions 8 and lower.  

Late last week imod lost the support for "extracts" this means you have to actually have the burner in the war to do the hits.  These guys had 25 real accounts and 5 burners, could have easily run as 25 and hit like that, but didn't.  

So from what I get as long as they all have the account details for the TH3 and the TH3s have the mods installed they can get on those accounts and sandbox as much as they want.  They can also mod on their main if they simply don't give a ####.
After all that's gone on I'm still amazed at the lengths people go to mod this game. I still don't see the payoff but I'm looking at it through the eyes of a more-than-casual player but not somebody who wants to go pro. What's the end game? I just don't get it.

Sorry to see the streak come to an end like this, it's bull#### and SC should be laser focused on this clan to shut them down. Have no idea how you would do that though :kicksrock:

After all that's gone on I'm still amazed at the lengths people go to mod this game. I still don't see the payoff but I'm looking at it through the eyes of a more-than-casual player but not somebody who wants to go pro. What's the end game? I just don't get it.

Sorry to see the streak come to an end like this, it's bull#### and SC should be laser focused on this clan to shut them down. Have no idea how you would do that though :kicksrock:
I've emailed and spammed the in game support chat. Nothing more than generic messages back. This clan openly brags about modding on their twitter account which is in their clan description. 100% blatantly obvious. Zero attempts to hide it. Yet nothing is done about it.

Look, not to make this all about me, but we were hunted by an open mod clan in Legacy before the bannings started.  We had started to get some real momentum and they hunted with an advantage and steamrolled us.  

For whatever reason people never really got over it. It stayed with us for awhile, people pointed fingers about all sorts of stupid #### and said dumb stuff they shouldn't.  

People will cheat they will always cheat even with penalties as severe as they have it set now.  You do your best, you move on, don't let this change the approach because I've certainly seen how it can.  

It's sad to see the win streak of 28 coming to an end but we should all be mighty proud of it. There's roughly 3 million clans in clash of clans and only 8400 clans have ever put together a win streak of 28+. That's a top 0.3% win streak ever in clash of clans. Factor in how many of those higher win streaks came from modding, severe engineering, etc. and it makes our streak that much more impressive. 

Here's hoping tomorrow we start building another long win streak  :thumbsup: 

In the end I think it comes down to winning feels better than losing regardless of the cost for some people

The best feeling I've ever had in this game was a war where we were 2 stars down at the end and I came up with a last second 3* FTW.  I have to say, it probably wouldn't have felt quite as good if I had to cheat to get it

Post above is all screwed up from my phone, sorry bucky for the mention. Anyway AZ you can come back, just opt yourself out for wars if you could. What cups do you need it to be? 

Users who are viewing this thread