What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

I am parked in a clan with a friend of my wife's. Cool people, but they are horrible and have no improved in the months I've been there, but I don't really mind. I barely farm anymore, I just check in once a week to war on my TH9.

Anyway, that's my story. What FBG clans are still around and who wars?

I am parked in a clan with a friend of my wife's. Cool people, but they are horrible and have no improved in the months I've been there, but I don't really mind. I barely farm anymore, I just check in once a week to war on my TH9.

FBGS still warring. Most wars are either 25vs25 or 30vs30. We've got a pretty good balance, won 40 out of the last 50 wars. Had some real good matchups over the past few months as well. Not too many modders that we've seen, and taking down highly engineered clans has been pretty fun. Our heroes are monsters, so the de struggle has been worth it.

You still looking for a clan to join?  I have a great group with some FBGers in it. Let me know if you're interested. It's called LIVING THE LIFE.  Irish Assassins is the leader, about 38 members. 

I'm still in my work clan, and they are not terrible but not great either.  In our 40 on 40 wars we top out around 96 stars

Statorama said:
I'm still in my work clan, and they are not terrible but not great either.  In our 40 on 40 wars we top out around 96 stars
40 v 40 you say, interesting. I'm in a clan with 48 members and we regularly struggle to make a 20 man roster for war.

So I'm just checking in every so often on my account.  Been joint farming it out with someone to try and re-max heroes for season 2 of CWL.  I doubt I'll actively war or anything ever again.  I haven't even put it back on my phone just an ancient Ipad at the house.  I still keep in touch with most of the old peeps through gme and discord and all that. 

The majority of the CWL clans have gone to the 5/10/20-25 breakdown, and they usually all search at the same time so nearly every single war is a CWL calibur clan which is interesting.  

Two times in a row they have done a friendly arranged war for the weekend, then the very next search hit the same clan on a regular war.  

10v10 hit rates are still alarmingly low.  Talking like 15-20% at best.  So TH11 just dip on TH10.  Not a ton of fun which is why I've steered away from really actually participating with any regularity.  

Some amount of speculation that the next major update will be a complete new "land" to start from scratch, rather than TH12 there will be a completely new game more or less baked into the game.  Not sure how reliable that speculation is.  

Question for you guys.  The glass on my son's Ipad cracked and he has not been able to play Clash of Clans for the past month.   We have another Ipad and he had already set up a different COC account on that one last year.  Can he transfer his COC account from his Ipad to a new device.  He probably put over $700 in gems on his account and he does not want to waste them.  Thanks

Question for you guys.  The glass on my son's Ipad cracked and he has not been able to play Clash of Clans for the past month.   We have another Ipad and he had already set up a different COC account on that one last year.  Can he transfer his COC account from his Ipad to a new device.  He probably put over $700 in gems on his account and he does not want to waste them.  Thanks
Yep. Very simple to move to a different device. He should just be able to sign in with his game center account. If not, follow:

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Device_Linking_Guide

Thanks, my son was able to play his other base on the new Ipad yesterday via the instructions here.  However, he couldn't figure out how to play his old base from the new Ipad again.

Log out of the new base's Gamecenter account and into the old base's account. When he launches Clash of Clans again, the old base will be back.

You have a link on how to do this on android?
On android it's in the game environment itself.  You just link/unlink the account from the settings button.  On IOS you have to dump out to the settings in the actual ipad to swap accounts. 

You also have to IIRC put your password in IOS where you don't in android.  

Android process to change accounts is maybe a 5 second deal.  IOS it's like 2 minutes or so.  If you are someone that manages like a dozen accounts then android is clearly easier :shrug:

I can't figure out how to link to a stream video on twitch but if you go to Koopa's old videos and fast forward up to the 3:36 point to the end of the war things get absolutely insane.  

War Whales handed DL their first loss in CWL play on a last second 11v11 triple to answer a 11v11 triple just moments earlier and won by 0.16%.  

For the moment I'm parked in Midwinters and seeing how it goes.  TH11 life is pretty easy.  Just dip twice early if you want and get some :coffee:   the real pressure is on the TH10s right now. Plan is to start making the actual war hits this weekend. :shrug:

I can't figure out how to link to a stream video on twitch but if you go to Koopa's old videos and fast forward up to the 3:36 point to the end of the war things get absolutely insane.  

War Whales handed DL their first loss in CWL play on a last second 11v11 triple to answer a 11v11 triple just moments earlier and won by 0.16%.  

For the moment I'm parked in Midwinters and seeing how it goes.  TH11 life is pretty easy.  Just dip twice early if you want and get some :coffee:   the real pressure is on the TH10s right now. Plan is to start making the actual war hits this weekend. :shrug:
I watched some of that war but it was in the middle of the afternoon and was kinda slow. I did see a cool witch slap from a TH11 on a TH10 and few solid TH10 lavaloon's.

I watched some of that war but it was in the middle of the afternoon and was kinda slow. I did see a cool witch slap from a TH11 on a TH10 and few solid TH10 lavaloon's.
Right now TH11 can have the most fun since most of the stuff is dips and you can just get creative vs a lower TH level.  The easier dips are just "air miners" so people have changed their bases up to throw all 4 air d on one side of the map at th10 level.  This makes air miners a bit more tricky for 11s.  

10s haven't found a successful attack for that style of base.  I keep thinking hogs might make a bit of a comeback, but they haven't had any success at all 10v10.  You pretty much have to use either a suicide hero laloon with like 4 hounds 24+ loons or a heavy kill squad laloon right now with like 2 and 14.  

What are "air miners"?
Just code for spamming a #### ton of loons like miners were done where you just pick a side and let them out from one end of base to other while heroes funnel a bit down the parallel sides. 

Heroes either clean up or suicide to get a few edge air d. 

Skele spell usually for aq. 

Works fine for dips on bases with deeper air d. Take 1 or 2 hounds usually.

Newer bases are better about defending this.  

Right now TH11 can have the most fun since most of the stuff is dips and you can just get creative vs a lower TH level.  The easier dips are just "air miners" so people have changed their bases up to throw all 4 air d on one side of the map at th10 level.  This makes air miners a bit more tricky for 11s.  

10s haven't found a successful attack for that style of base.  I keep thinking hogs might make a bit of a comeback, but they haven't had any success at all 10v10.  You pretty much have to use either a suicide hero laloon with like 4 hounds 24+ loons or a heavy kill squad laloon right now with like 2 and 14.  
Hey now, I took down a TH11 this morning in our war and I'm a TH10.

So what if it was a TH9 in sheep's clothing, it still shows as a TH11 on the map!

Nice to see you back in!

I think the TH11 game is about to change.

As elite TH10s improve attack strategies, we will increasingly see TH10s getting cleared. This means wars will come down to TH11 defensive results. If your opponent has used TH10s to 2-star your 11s and has 50-60% results on all of them, it would be advantageous for you to send a couple of 11s to get 75% or higher 2-star (or even 3-star) results. This would also free up more 10v10 attacks since clans usually need multiple attempts to get an 11 2-starred.

So of course, this will lead to a different defensive meta at TH11 as they can no longer focus on defending against TH10 2-stars.

I believe the first clans to make this move will separate from the pack in CWL. To have a chance at this year's title, clans must have a handful of 10s who can clear 10s.

Nice to see you back in!

I think the TH11 game is about to change.

As elite TH10s improve attack strategies, we will increasingly see TH10s getting cleared. This means wars will come down to TH11 defensive results. If your opponent has used TH10s to 2-star your 11s and has 50-60% results on all of them, it would be advantageous for you to send a couple of 11s to get 75% or higher 2-star (or even 3-star) results. This would also free up more 10v10 attacks since clans usually need multiple attempts to get an 11 2-starred.

So of course, this will lead to a different defensive meta at TH11 as they can no longer focus on defending against TH10 2-stars.

I believe the first clans to make this move will separate from the pack in CWL. To have a chance at this year's title, clans must have a handful of 10s who can clear 10s.

We took OneHive 2.0 behind the woodshed yesterday in a random spin.

9/13/X vs 9/11/X

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/130717035

Some really nice hits got captured on stream.  Including one I did which ran off the rails, but I managed to save it.  4 11v11 caught on stream and a few 10v10 including a miner 10v10.  

It's not super easy to watch a stream replay like this and not waste a ton of time.  The miner hit is at like 45 minutes to go.  I think I went in about 1hr5 to go right after someone failed a dip on the same base.  Had he gotten that I was going to go for a 11.  

My queen didn't go in and I had to flip the loon deployment around just to keep her alive for cleanup, still worked out because there is a lot of bandwidth to #### up on a 11v10 with max everything.  My first hit wasn't on stream and ####### ruined another 10 with a qw lalo. 

We have PWC this weekend.  My account was in the war last weekend but I didn't make the hits.  I think I'll be making the hits this weekend, but not sure yet.

Clans are getting better and it will be a challenge to just stay in invite for us.  

I think meta wise at the CWL level you basically have this:

• TH9 is basically a dead TH level.  Hit rate isn't 100% but it was I think in the 71-79% range.  What is hurting TH9 right now is that in a 35/35 war if there is only like 12 TH9 bases your total margin is low, but in a 40 person war TH9 is for all intents useless.  Th9 is being asked to hit up for 2 and % now similar to TH10 on TH10 just in case #### goes bad.
  • TH10 hit rates were below 20%. 25% would be epic at this point.  10 on 11 hit rate to 2 stars is at about 70% and that tends to be where they go early.
  • Th11 dip rates and TH10 up hit rates are roughly equal and they tend to roughly equal the th9 hit rate.  
So if you take all this out depending on the breakdown you are looking at most 2-3 free Th11 hits late in the war.   Over time I hope that number goes up, but not counting on it anytime soon.  I'm mainly happy you can get fair breakdowns and relatively equal skills coming together like this.  It's also less stressful for me since I really only have to give it half the attention by sharing my account, and everyone else drives the bus.  

Honestly, if TH10 got easier and things came down to th11 it's going to be much more an investment in time.  As it is I can just pick and choose when to be active, do a dip and get off.  Not a huge timesuck.  The Th10 have to put in hours and hours in to wars, it's a drag and burns people out.

Soooo much :confused: in here lol. This has totally passed me by and the amount of time spent on a iOS game is crazy. Give me a great RPG to be my time suck all day every day.

Soooo much :confused: in here lol. This has totally passed me by and the amount of time spent on a iOS game is crazy. Give me a great RPG to be my time suck all day every day.
Meh, it isn't that much time.  Show up for a couple war hits 3x a week.  Maybe farm a bit or do some practice if bored.  If you want to max an account at this point from scratch at this point then, yeah looking at literally years or dropping 100-300 bucks on a developed account.

I would note there is a new type of mod out that might actually be a game killer.  There are some cloned private servers now that run off cloud apps on desktop.   Can basically mod anything you want and there's no real way to detect it since it isn't actually on the device itself.  

Only hope is that the clash lawyers get them all shut down.  There are 3 or 4 now and they are popping up alot.  

I would note there is a new type of mod out that might actually be a game killer.  There are some cloned private servers now that run off cloud apps on desktop.   Can basically mod anything you want and there's no real way to detect it since it isn't actually on the device itself.  

Only hope is that the clash lawyers get them all shut down.  There are 3 or 4 now and they are popping up alot.  

Cheaters gonna cheat.

Usually have a couple of rushed TH11s, one TH10 with infernos, three to six new TH10s, four to eight TH9s, six or so TH8s, and TH3s to get to the next multiple of five.

So, I'm 4 years in. Just hit defense number 2200, still 2800 away from the "Unbreakable" achievement. How did they think anyone would ever hit this???

oh, and I forgot how long I've been playing this damn game. Had to look back, I replied to the original thread in January 2014, stating I was level 81 at the time and been playing for 8 months. Ahh, things were simpler back then. But I still blame @Smack Down for continuing my addiction because of this post:

Posted January 29, 2014 (edited) · 

Anybody else hooked on this game?

Send Archers !!! And I need more dark elixer.
:wall:

I'm looking for some help. As a fairly advanced th10 (max heroes), I can very consistently 3 star, or high-percentage 2 star just about every th10. EXCEPT the freaking ring bases. I suck horribly at them. Most of the time I'm just shooting for 2 stars, and I whiff completely, usually for 1 star (can't get to the town hall), occasionally no stars when it goes horribly wrong.

What I've been trying to do is a queen walk on one side and a bowler walk on the other, to create a funnel towards the TH for valks. But it never seems to go completely right. I feel like I generally am decent at funneling, but I just can't get it together for these ring th10s

We're mid war right now and I have to hit their #1, which is one of those bases. Really want to beat these guys, as they sent a "spy" in and one of our co-leaders accepted them, dude talked some **** on the way out. 

Any help here? The base I need to hit is below. I'm looking both for general help with these ring bases, and ideally some specific ideas for this one. Thanks much in advance. It's absolutely driving me crazy.

The base: http://i66.tinypic.com/f1fqeq.png

I'm looking for some help. As a fairly advanced th10 (max heroes), I can very consistently 3 star, or high-percentage 2 star just about every th10. EXCEPT the freaking ring bases. I suck horribly at them. Most of the time I'm just shooting for 2 stars, and I whiff completely, usually for 1 star (can't get to the town hall), occasionally no stars when it goes horribly wrong.

What I've been trying to do is a queen walk on one side and a bowler walk on the other, to create a funnel towards the TH for valks. But it never seems to go completely right. I feel like I generally am decent at funneling, but I just can't get it together for these ring th10s

We're mid war right now and I have to hit their #1, which is one of those bases. Really want to beat these guys, as they sent a "spy" in and one of our co-leaders accepted them, dude talked some **** on the way out. 

Any help here? The base I need to hit is below. I'm looking both for general help with these ring bases, and ideally some specific ideas for this one. Thanks much in advance. It's absolutely driving me crazy.

The base: http://i66.tinypic.com/f1fqeq.png
Start a walk at 12, kill CC. When AQ picks which side she goes down, meet her with bowlers, BK and jump everything in around the cannon/mortar.  If you're playing for 2, have 8-10 valks and jump them to the TH behind your other troops once they've cleared a side. Otherwise, for 3 stars, funnel valks in with bowlers/BK and let them run the circle. Completely ignore the TH until the end. 

Or, air smash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start a walk at 12, kill CC. When AQ picks which side she goes down, meet her with bowlers, BK and jump everything in around the cannon/mortar.  If you're playing for 2, have 8-10 valks and jump them to the TH behind your other troops once they've cleared a side. Otherwise, for 3 stars, funnel valks in with bowlers/BK and let them run the circle. Completely ignore the TH until the end. 

Or, air smash.
Prett much this. I'm an 11, but love hitting rings. (Granted, it's my only good attack) my comp: 

12 bowlers

10 valks

4 healers,

10 wbs

2 Giants 

2 archers

4 rage, 1 jump

cc - rage, Giants 

i like to pop cc with a giant at noon. Drop aq and healers at 3, let cc come to me. Walk towards 6. Break in just on the 5 side of 6 by dropping 1 giant jut to the 7 side of 6, with a few (2) bowlers behind it, and wbs just to the 5 side of 6 while defenses focus on giant and bowlers. Cc in at the break in with bowlers behind as aq meets up. Wbs behind main troops to hit those inner walls. Valks jump in. If you can't get walls broken- wait till main troops are at 9. Drop 1 valk to check if it targets a core wall, then drop the rest. They will break in one wall, then jump to core.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread