What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

So now you can heal thru infernos and heroes go to 50?  Plus X-Bow DPS went way down?

Seems a lot of changes at once.  

How are things going in general?  I only hear from my old buddies like once every couple months.  
At this point I keep playing due to habit. Wars (usually 10v10) are either 21-20 or won on percent. ####ville still sucks. This is the first real change in main base in a long time. With the changes you mentioned, and another camp level (x4, so 20 extra troops) it may make attacking fun again, for a bit, but at this point, everything is a cash grab.

Been picking this up randomly and running a few attacks. Does anyone still war but also not care if someone sucks at it? I have a TH11 and TH9 but only play on the 9, really.

Builder base is great.  I maxed my roaster, giant cannon, multi mortar and and finishing up the guard post.  Will be working on the tesla towers next.  What's everyone's trophy level in builder?  Attack army?  I'm currently rolling with Giants/Cannon Cart.

Been picking this up randomly and running a few attacks. Does anyone still war but also not care if someone sucks at it? I have a TH11 and TH9 but only play on the 9, really.
You sound like a perfect fit for Honda, we war constant but also suck at it :thumbup: Let me know if you want in, we can drop trophies.

FBG:*Honda*  #8YLLCPPQ

Don't know if anyone is still playing, but we're at 48 hours and still no war match.  We had gone 48 hours last week with no war match as well, but figured it was due to the Super Bowl.

Anyone else having an issue with long match up times?

Honda:

Sorry I haven't been attacking in wars consistently. This is usually because of two reasons 1) I'm not immediately sure what range I should be attacking in and 2) I'm in Australia and sometimes I wake up and you guys have cleaned everything out.

Regarding #1, I've been in a dormant, #### clan for a long time, this whole new "engineering" war dynamic is new to me. When I did wars in the past, the thing was to aim at or very near your rank. But now, even though I'm ranked around #9-#10 or so, I'm probably one of the lower ranked attackers because we (and everyone) has so many offensive-only builds.

So basically - should I just be clearing out the trash (i.e. TH8's on the other team)? Very happy to do that if it helps, I think I have been hesitating because I'm worried that'll be "a waste", but I end up being a waste anyway.

If I take out a TH8 is that preserving an engineered TH11's attack to do some higher damage?

Also happy to do only scout attacks, I really don't care about war loot that much.

ETA: The time zone thing isn't a big issue if I know what I should do. I'm almost always awake when the war starts, it's just if I don't attack in the first 2-3 hours, then I go to sleep, and yeah, everything I can remotely touch is already in ruins when I wake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda:

Sorry I haven't been attacking in wars consistently. This is usually because of two reasons 1) I'm not immediately sure what range I should be attacking in and 2) I'm in Australia and sometimes I wake up and you guys have cleaned everything out.

Regarding #1, I've been in a dormant, #### clan for a long time, this whole new "engineering" war dynamic is new to me. When I did wars in the past, the thing was to aim at or very near your rank. But now, even though I'm ranked around #9-#10 or so, I'm probably one of the lower ranked attackers because we (and everyone) has so many offensive-only builds.

So basically - should I just be clearing out the trash (i.e. TH8's on the other team)? Very happy to do that if it helps, I think I have been hesitating because I'm worried that'll be "a waste", but I end up being a waste anyway.

If I take out a TH8 is that preserving an engineered TH11's attack to do some higher damage?

Also happy to do only scout attacks, I really don't care about war loot that much.

ETA: The time zone thing isn't a big issue if I know what I should do. I'm almost always awake when the war starts, it's just if I don't attack in the first 2-3 hours, then I go to sleep, and yeah, everything I can remotely touch is already in ruins when I wake up.
Good to know about you being in Australia Pats, I’m not sure I or the other guys were aware. No worries as we have a couple in Germany as well and their schedules are about opposite of those of us in the states.

As far as attacks go, I don’t know that I’d dip down into th8’s but the lower ranked th9’s are fine. My th9 acct is still more like an 8.5 than a 9 so I tend to hover around that th8 - low th9 range as well for attacks. In this last war I’d say 15 & 16 would have been solid targets. Cland is our th7 killer, toast (who is jester) is our th8 guy and the rest are up for grabs. At the end of the day, get your swings in as early as you can. Better to get attacks in than to wait. We’d much rather clear the bottom as early as possible so higher level folks don’t have to worry about holding attacks back to cover lower bases. Make sense? 

Always feel free to ask, happy to offer opinions even if kev doesn’t like them ?

Just when I was getting the hang of 2-starring diamond shaped builder hall bases... they drop BH8 on us.
My walls are never going to catch up at this rate.

Anyone still active in this?

I got bored during a long illness and fired up a few newbie accounts in FBG4 SeriousBus.  The SuperCell ID makes it so much easier.

Anyone still active in this?

I got bored during a long illness and fired up a few newbie accounts in FBG4 SeriousBus.  The SuperCell ID makes it so much easier.
I logged in for the first time in about a week. So... not active.

40 goblins descending on a high level BK at the end of a battle and wiping him out.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

I imagine that's what it would be like fighting 30 6-year olds.

FBG can you lower your trophy lvl you like 3500?
I am hoping to join Honda but have the same question. Am at 3600 trophies and might prefer fbg1 if that is a better fit. Honda is closed so I cannot join. Any help appreciated. TIA. 

I may check it out as soon as these clan games end. Thx. 
I have two bases.  2 weeks ago one was in Honda one in Shi.  I just went to shi with both.  I would go to fbg1 but I don't think I could help them though they asked many times, well black box requests me.

I have two bases.  2 weeks ago one was in Honda one in Shi.  I just went to shi with both.  I would go to fbg1 but I don't think I could help them though they asked many times, well black box requests me.
We ALL request you Cav, it's all about time management.

Honda is dead if you want to war, I'd recommend Shi.

We ALL request you Cav, it's all about time management.

Honda is dead if you want to war, I'd recommend Shi.
When I was running the wars, then got people into the "big wars" after that I got pretty darn insulted.  That why I stopped after that.

I still get notifications from time to time that my account is still somewhere doing something.  It's been passed around like a cheap ho.  

If someone here actually wants it let me know and I'll see if I can get it back in the fold here somehow.

You doing okay there?  You seem to fit in well.  Plus your base is an asset there.
I'm still getting to know the place. I like how active it is - that's something I was really looking for. Some of the discussion topics aren't really my thing but that's ok - I can handle it. lol

Thanks for the recommendation. I would say I'm not yet 100% in for the long haul but probably getting closer every day. I want it to stick.

I'm still getting to know the place. I like how active it is - that's something I was really looking for. Some of the discussion topics aren't really my thing but that's ok - I can handle it. lol

Thanks for the recommendation. I would say I'm not yet 100% in for the long haul but probably getting closer every day. I want it to stick.
Yeah, I'm not there for the chat either.  Don't read most of it.

I've just reinstalled after taking a break. Any clans still going that are active enough to complete the Clan Games? I might be up for a war here or there, but probably won't consistently opt in.

PatsWillWin said:
I've just reinstalled after taking a break. Any clans still going that are active enough to complete the Clan Games? I might be up for a war here or there, but probably won't consistently opt in.
FBGs can take you in. We've completed every clan games since they started doing them. You could gravy train it for the rewards if you like. Same with the CWL medals for team wins. No issue with not wanting to war. We have 15-20 for regular wars with mostly TH12's and a few TH11's. CWL's we do TH12's only. No issue with TH11 fails in war as the TH12's clean them up. Just opt out for war if you don't want in. We have about 30 do clan games and max out the rewards with 1-2 days to spare each time.

What is mine doing.  From time to time I get notifications from it to email.  If it's not active I can try to figure out how to get it moved.  
No idea where your main is, but I lost the phone I had shuke on and it requires 2 step to get back access (which I don't have). Plus he's so far behind I gave up anyway.

Those 3 above are pretty close to max and should have a good number of banked CWL medals for some instant hero upgrades. 

Just dropping in- in case anyone missed it, one of the OG FBGs clashers SoCalBroncoFan (GaryX23) has apparently passed away. (Thread on main page) I know a bunch of us interacted with him quite a bit. He was always running in at the last minute for early clan wars to try and save the day.

/sml 

MindCrime said:
Just dropping in- in case anyone missed it, one of the OG FBGs clashers SoCalBroncoFan (GaryX23) has apparently passed away. (Thread on main page) I know a bunch of us interacted with him quite a bit. He was always running in at the last minute for early clan wars to try and save the day.

/sml 
AQ now goes to 65

You have some work to do slacker.

Users who are viewing this thread