• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

On 8/19/2020 at 9:25 AM, Agent 47 said:

Guess not...

FBG is still active. Clan name is "fbgs". Feel free to join. Just mention you're from the forum in the invite message and we'll get you in. Culd is right that not many follow this thread anymore. There is a discord for the clan that @freeannyong owns and can get you into. 

• 5 months later...

Looking for some counsel from my FBG brothers.  My son spends a lot of time on this game.  We're giving him a ton of rope when it comes to media time due to pressure from school and the pandemic stuff.  However, yesterday I learned he has spent over $100 on in-app purchases for this game over the past 6 months or so.  Its all his own money - gift cards he got for his birthday, Christmas, etc.  He earns some money reffing soccer games in the spring/summer. We thought the phone was set so he needed our permission to buy something, but he apparently found a work-around.  He's in a clan with a group of friends.  I'm pissed off, but trying to be reasonable.

I don't know anything about this game, but it strikes me as an incredibly stupid thing to spend real money on.  I'm also worried about the amount of time he spends on this every day. But I don't want to be a Boomer ###hole about this.  Looking for thoughts from those of you who know the game and are parents.

thanks

5 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Looking for some counsel from my FBG brothers.  My son spends a lot of time on this game.  We're giving him a ton of rope when it comes to media time due to pressure from school and the pandemic stuff.  However, yesterday I learned he has spent over $100 on in-app purchases for this game over the past 6 months or so.  Its all his own money - gift cards he got for his birthday, Christmas, etc.  He earns some money reffing soccer games in the spring/summer. We thought the phone was set so he needed our permission to buy something, but he apparently found a work-around.  He's in a clan with a group of friends.  I'm pissed off, but trying to be reasonable.

I don't know anything about this game, but it strikes me as an incredibly stupid thing to spend real money on.  I'm also worried about the amount of time he spends on this every day. But I don't want to be a Boomer ###hole about this.  Looking for thoughts from those of you who know the game and are parents.

thanks

My son spends his money on stupid XBOX madden players packs and stuff like that.

I don't get it, but it's his money that he earned to do with as he wants. So I let it slide. But I think it's dumb. 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

thanks

It's a gigantic timesuck but view it like it's just a video game budget both from time and money.  If he is exceeding what you consider acceptable on either then deal with it in the same way.  They really incenticize you to spend about 30/month to stay relevant.  I mean it's optional and you can be full free but it's hard.  

• Thanks 1