What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Punk/ Hardcore Music Thread (1 Viewer)

Driving into work this morning, I was listening to Faction. I don't usually like new stuff I hear but this song Kick me caught my ear. I take note that Sleeping with Sirens is the name of the band. I say to myself, this sounds like an old school Epitaph band. And sure enough, I look them up and they are on Epitaph.

As much as there was an Epitaph sound, Victory records held the mantle for having a sound market cornered.

Driving into work this morning, I was listening to Faction. I don't usually like new stuff I hear but this song Kick me caught my ear. I take note that Sleeping with Sirens is the name of the band. I say to myself, this sounds like an old school Epitaph band. And sure enough, I look them up and they are on Epitaph.

As much as there was an Epitaph sound, Victory records held the mantle for having a sound market cornered.
I think of Fat Wreck of having a typical "Fat" sound (and it's terrible), although they had/have a lot of outliers. Tilt, etc. Victory is probably #1, you're right.

I think of Fat Wreck of having a typical "Fat" sound (and it's terrible), although they had/have a lot of outliers. Tilt, etc. Victory is probably #1, you're right.
####### love Tilt. There aren't many girl singers that I dig. She kicks ###.

AcerFC said:
16 year anniversary of my CBGB performance. RIP CBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3cImXwWJc
Dude. That's ####### awesome. I only had time for the first track. Stoke to listen to the whole set later.
Just to give you a little info:

The Ramones were celebrating some anniversary of them playing CBs. Maybe 25 years

Anyway, it was a battle of the bands type thing where the top three bands got to play with members of the Ramones

Joey, CJ, Johnny and Dee Dee were there.

However, at some point in the night there was some argument and Johnny and Dee Dee left leaving Joey and CJ to play with three bands

My band was me, my buddy Jimmy and Todd Friend and Adam Blake who were both in a group called H20.

We came in second place and got to play with CJ. Joey only played with the winning band who were a Ramones Cover band. We had no shot.

Anyway, outside of family stuff, the greatest night in my life

And I was being cruised by Danny Fields :unsure: NTTAWWT

I remember you telling us the story of the cover band beating you guys, so when the first track was a Ramones song I thought it might be that set. Good stuff.

Dude. That's ####### awesome. I only had time for the first track. Stoke to listen to the whole set later.

The Ramones were celebrating some anniversary of them playing CBs. Maybe 25 years

Anyway, it was a battle of the bands type thing where the top three bands got to play with members of the Ramones

However, at some point in the night there was some argument and Johnny and Dee Dee left leaving Joey and CJ to play with three bands

My band was me, my buddy Jimmy and Todd Friend and Adam Blake who were both in a group called H20.

We came in second place and got to play with CJ. Joey only played with the winning band who were a Ramones Cover band. We had no shot.

GB H20

GB H20
Saw them many a time at the Troc. Great shows there. H2O go

Not so much punk but I've mentioned Motorhead in this thread. Just gotta say I'm gonna miss the hell out of Lemmy. That was one bad mother####er in the very best sense.

So bummed.

Not so much punk but I've mentioned Motorhead in this thread. Just gotta say I'm gonna miss the hell out of Lemmy. That was one bad mother####er in the very best sense.

So bummed.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. You just broke that news for me. Damn. Punk is a lot of things. Personal more than anything. Lemmy is Punk. Fuck.

I'll be putting on a lot of Moorhead this week. RIP.

Sebowski said:
Herb said:

So bummed.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. You just broke that news for me. Damn. Punk is a lot of things. Personal more than anything. Lemmy is Punk. Fuck.

I'll be putting on a lot of Moorhead this week. RIP.
I always liked that Lemmy would wear Ramones shirts in concert and Ramones would wear Motorhead shirts.

I meant to do this 3 weeks ago, but kept forgetting.

I was listening to Faction around New Years and they had the Faction punk 15 of 2015, a list of the top songs from 2015. Anyone see the same problem I see. Ill make it easier for you

1. ANTI-FLAG "BRANDENBURG GATE"
2. AGAINST ME! "####MYLIFE666" (LIVE VERSION FROM “23 LIVE SEX ACTS”)
3. FAT MIKE “I’M SUICIDE” (FROM “HOME STREET HOME” SOUNDTRACK)
4. TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET “NOTHING ELSE MATTERS WHEN I’M WITH YOU”
5. IGNITE “NOTHING CAN STOP ME”
6. H20 “SKATE”

7. THE INTERRUPTERS - "THE 11TH HOUR" (FROM “HOOLIGANS UNITED” RANCID TRIBUTE ALBUM)
8. OFFSPRING “COMING FOR YOU”
9. THE FLATLINERS “LIFERS”
10. CHAOS DELIVERY MACHINE “UNDERGROUND THOUGHT PATROL” (FLETCHER FROM PENNYWISE)
11. VISION OF DISORDER “HOURS IN CHAOS”
12. CANCER BATS “SATELLITES”
13. LEFTOVER CRACK “VICIOUS CONSTRUCTS”.
14. AGNOSTIC FRONT “ONLY IN AMERICA”
15. PEARS “SNOWFLAKE”

HFS VOD is back together?
To this day, I still think that Still EP is one of the best true hardcore albums I have ever heard. Absolutely love the song suffer also

I have to say though, I did not like the albums they put out as much as that EP. Saw them a ton of times, one awesome show at the PWAC on Long Island. I was just telling my wife the other day how hot Tims girlfriend was. No idea how we got on that topic

Their live show was among my favorites. Saw them with Earth Crisis in the late 90s... Tim wore leather pants :lol:

P.S. Damnation A.D. may have been there too... and either E Town Concrete or Downset... maybe.

Their live show was among my favorites. Saw them with Earth Crisis in the late 90s... Tim wore leather pants :lol:

P.S. Damnation A.D. may have been there too... and either E Town Concrete or Downset... maybe.
E Town Concrete were good. I saw them in Asbury Park. It was a little scary because they had all their hood friends with them and well, Asbury Park is scary itself

Here is the Still EP Spotify link for those interested. Was rereleased in 2014

https://play.spotify.com/album/6HpYqA9m6M8UsXhCTOHKSd

Dunno if this is real but I stumbled across that the rumor that Green Day settled out of court with D4 for American Idiot's riff, which apparently is too close to doublewhiskeycokeonice. For $300k! No clue if it's real, but D4 are great.

Dunno if this is real but I stumbled across that the rumor that Green Day settled out of court with D4 for American Idiot's riff, which apparently is too close to doublewhiskeycokeonice. For $300k! No clue if it's real, but D4 are great.
Noisey/Vice had it, but D4 couldn't comment. For 300K is hilarious, considering Broadway plays were made off of that rip-off album. Going to see D4 in San Diego on the 28th. No lie.  

eta* And D4's riff is way, way too close. The internet won. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a relatively big album, and it'd been out a long time. It's hard to defend.
Yup. Certainly an element of copyright infringement, which is, um, property nonetheless. 

And as usual, Green Day popped it up better than the rest. 

But! D! 4! Was betta...betta you chumps.  

In a nice little tribute, Aesop Rock throws some love to SF and Cali punks loving the Zeros and the Germs. I never liked the Germs, but there's a link below for fairness.

Anyway, listening to this song the past week and loving it. This verse might be the weakest of the first three, but not bad if you're into hip hop more than punk. And really, didn't one become the other in its current form?  I'm not sure that this doesn't belong in the hip hop thread, but I already posted it there. I love the "learned curve" part that ####s, IMO, on algorithmic rock. 

[Verse 3]
Somebody in a cultivated moment of resolve
Composed themselves enough to publicize the Zeros in this stall
They was scoping every dog and pony previously scrawled
With a festering hate for the gum drop edge
‘Disco sucks’ tee, punk‘s not dead
But a transient teen unsung godsend
Via 3 bar chords and a mugshot grin
(Cheese!)
Sign of a runaway tone in the face of authority, thumbing its nose
Cutting its teeth
Pretzled up in special order vinyl, and
Birds that dip their belts in little metal porcupine quills
2 dutch at a show in the front, low-key to the can
For a smoke and a ####, Trixie, fixing her lipstick up
When his mitts got bit by the mischief bug
Snatch
Capital “zed”, terrible “e” in vermillion red
Gimme an “RO” and a slippery “s”
Over a web of the ####tiest bands
That beat your heart out
Never bleeped your favorite parts out from a learned curve
Of bird fingers bursting out of germs burns
Urgently
Offered through the circuits of an earlier plot
I’ll see you at the bottom ZZZ top 

Wild Weekend

Lexicon Devil

I haven't bought it yet but I've heard that NOFX's biography is a great read, I plan to download and read soon.

NOFX: The Hepatitis Bathtub and Other Stories is the first tell-all autobiography from one of the world’s most influential and controversial punk bands. Fans and non-fans alike will be shocked by the stories of murder, suicide, addiction, counterfeiting, riots, bondage, terminal illness, the Yakuza, and drinking pee. Told from the perspective of each of the band's members, this book looks back at more than thirty years of comedy, tragedy, and completely inexplicable success

I'm probably going to see the Dead Kenedys tour in a couple weeks, mostly just because I've never seen the band and I'm hoping it will be cool to hear all those songs live. I assume East Bay Ray is still with them. Local legends from the 80s Die Kreuzen, or what's left of them, are opening by playing their entire first record front to back, which will either be very cool or incredibly depressing. 

I haven't bought it yet but I've heard that NOFX's biography is a great read, I plan to download and read soon.

NOFX: The Hepatitis Bathtub and Other Stories is the first tell-all autobiography from one of the world’s most influential and controversial punk bands. Fans and non-fans alike will be shocked by the stories of murder, suicide, addiction, counterfeiting, riots, bondage, terminal illness, the Yakuza, and drinking pee. Told from the perspective of each of the band's members, this book looks back at more than thirty years of comedy, tragedy, and completely inexplicable success
So, I got this for father's day the other day. Holy ####. What a bunch of degenerates. The only one I feel any sadness for right now is Melvin. I dont love nofx, I dont even own one of their albums, but ive seen them and like many of their songs. I even played with Melvin when he toured with Punk rock karaoke. But holy cow, talk about not knowing what their life was like. 

Add in the fact that the LA scene sounds like literally hell on earth, and im happy I was too young for the 80s stuff. Because NYC wasnt much safer. Glad I didnt have to worry about losing my life when I started going to shows in 94. 

Went to my first show in quite some time on Wednesday; Sick of it All and the Street Dogs. Was the 30th anniversary tour for SOIA. I can't even believe that. Lots of fun.

I recently stumbled across SOIA on Instagram and was shocked at all the recent tour footage. 

So, I got this for father's day the other day. Holy ####. What a bunch of degenerates. The only one I feel any sadness for right now is Melvin. I dont love nofx, I dont even own one of their albums, but ive seen them and like many of their songs. I even played with Melvin when he toured with Punk rock karaoke. But holy cow, talk about not knowing what their life was like. 

Add in the fact that the LA scene sounds like literally hell on earth, and im happy I was too young for the 80s stuff. Because NYC wasnt much safer. Glad I didnt have to worry about losing my life when I started going to shows in 94. 
Yeah, GB the 90's. I don't get the punk/gang thing that started cropping up down there.

Not exactly current but I was at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival back in 2012.

Worked the event as a quasi-photographer. Most of the shots are garbage but quite a few cool ones.

Mrs. Eephus and I went to see the Dickies last night.  They'll never show up on anybody's best punk records list but the band is still great dumb fun after all these years.  Leonard is truly an original frontman and his stage antics in an old man's body add an extra dimension to their show.  Highly recommended if they tour around your neck of the woods.

I'm about 20-some years late to the party, but could I get 5 Refused recommendations beyond New Noise?

I'm about 20-some years late to the party, but could I get 5 Refused recommendations beyond New Noise?
Poetry Written In Gasoline

The Deadly Rhythm

Worms Of The Senses/Faculties of the Skull

The Refused Party Program

Tannhauser/Derive

I would give The Shape Of Punk To Come a full listen. It segues between songs and is really meant to be heard as an entity unto itself.

Users who are viewing this thread