Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined"

Looking at a lot of comments and I cant help but say sorry to all the people who are upset at a football player not answering questions like it matters. Jon Stewart pegged the nfl and the people upset about lynch last night. The nfl and its fans are worrying about stuff that doesnt matter. 500k for not talking thats the bigger issue for me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weren't you quitting a few months ago too?

Remember this guy? http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/19895/after-years-out-of-football-saints-rb-tim-hightower-back-in-key-role Hightower was a STUD at the end of last ye

Thought I'd post this in here. Lynch visiting Houston, Scotland for a Skittles promo. I was one of the cameramen on the shoot !   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIjQuxaK4Mw

Looking at a lot of comments and I cant help but say sorry to all the people who are upset at a football player not answering questions like it matters. Jon Stewart pegged the nfl and the people upset about lynch last night. The nfl and its fans are worrying about stuff that doesnt matter. 500k for not talking thats the bigger issue for me.

Stewie nailed it!

I wish Lynch would turn the tables and ask reporters questions:

• Do you think the NFL plays too many commercials?
  • Does Goodell show favoritism towards certain NFL owners?
  • Do the refs train hard enough?
  • Does the NFL actually pay an ad agency for the crap they come up with?

etc.

I wish the next time you're at a meeting at your job you'd answer every question with "I'm just here so I don't get fired"

post results

I will, if it's a meeting asking me what kind of tree I would be, if I were a tree.

I always say "shoe tree" because they're far more useful than those lazy good for nothing pines and oaks.

Did I just read that right. Did someone compare an everday job to a player who is being asked dumb questions by people who hope you say or do something in response to that question being asked that will cause them to maybe lose their job of playing football? Last I checked my job does not force me to speak to the media or fine me half a million.

Stewie nailed it!

He often does.

This thread is priceless. The amount of entitlement on the Seahawks is pretty remarkable. Almost as remarkable as you idiot trolls in here who defend a guy who refuses to do his job, makes a mockery of a legitimate mental disorder and is about as smart as a bucket of hair. Keep it up, though, Seahawk fans; you wear it well.

He's a selfish knucklehead. He wants attention, he thinks he's being funny. If he truly felt uncomfortable in front of the media or shy, he'd just answer his questions with as little fanfare as possible. this is a guy who the second his physical skills erode even a little he's out of the league. Teams don't deal with knuckleheads anymore. Not worth it. Seattle's plan was to move on after this season thinking Lynch wouldn't be able to maintain his production on the field. He hasn't regressed and at times has looked even more dominant so now they placate him with the "he's unique" nonsense and look for a way to bring him back fro another year. My least favorite player maybe of all-time. Makes it all about him, acts like a 12 year old but says he's just misunderstood. Do high school players even grab their crotch after scoring? This is a 30 year old man doing this. Screw the team, don't care about the 15 yard penalty. I don't want to be sitting here in front of the media but I'll get all the attention anyway. Great example he sets for the kids. Don't forget to buy a Beastmode hat.

If he had a choice he wouldn't be out there. That's kind of the antithesis of wanting attention or thinking it's entertaining, don't you think?

I don't think NFL players would do a lot of things if they had a choice. There's a reason they ask players to be available to the media. And I disagree what he's doing is the opposite of wanting attention. He's like the kid who refuses to stand in front of the class for a book report and when threatened with an F, he gets up in front of the class and stands with his back to the class and gives his report that way. When he gets an F he protests and says "this is bull####, i did exactly what was required". He's a clown who gets off on the spotlight by pretending to refuse it. It's a game for him. It's all about his ego. Much like the starlet who parades in front of the paparazzi wearing a low cut dress and then complains that her picture is being taken.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about him.

He's a selfish knucklehead. He wants attention, he thinks he's being funny. If he truly felt uncomfortable in front of the media or shy, he'd just answer his questions with as little fanfare as possible. this is a guy who the second his physical skills erode even a little he's out of the league. Teams don't deal with knuckleheads anymore. Not worth it. Seattle's plan was to move on after this season thinking Lynch wouldn't be able to maintain his production on the field. He hasn't regressed and at times has looked even more dominant so now they placate him with the "he's unique" nonsense and look for a way to bring him back fro another year. My least favorite player maybe of all-time. Makes it all about him, acts like a 12 year old but says he's just misunderstood. Do high school players even grab their crotch after scoring? This is a 30 year old man doing this. Screw the team, don't care about the 15 yard penalty. I don't want to be sitting here in front of the media but I'll get all the attention anyway. Great example he sets for the kids. Don't forget to buy a Beastmode hat.

If he had a choice he wouldn't be out there. That's kind of the antithesis of wanting attention or thinking it's entertaining, don't you think?

I don't think NFL players would do a lot of things if they had a choice. There's a reason they ask players to be available to the media. And I disagree what he's doing is the opposite of wanting attention. He's like the kid who refuses to stand in front of the class for a book report and when threatened with an F, he gets up in front of the class and stands with his back to the class and gives his report that way. When he gets an F he protests and says "this is bull####, i did exactly what was required". He's a clown who gets off on the spotlight by pretending to refuse it. It's a game for him. It's all about his ego. Much like the starlet who parades in front of the paparazzi wearing a low cut dress and then complains that her picture is being taken.

Thats a long thought out opinion and a bit dramatic. Why do people here think the worst of everyone or feel they have to care and have a strong point of view one side or another. Is it possible he dont like talking to people and just dont want to deal with it he did what the league asked and people are still bickering and talking about it. The problem is not lynch its that people are upset lynch wont conform. I see why he just wants to stay away from the media look how a message board treats him.

He wants attention? That's ridiculous. If had his druthers he wouldn't even show up to these things. We know this, because that's what he did before he started getting fined. Do you think him skipping interviews, and getting fined were just ploys to get to this point where he's getting a ton of attention?

Thats a long thought out opinion and a bit dramatic. Why do people here think the worst of everyone or feel they have to care and have a strong point of view one side or another. Is it possible he dont like talking to people and just dont want to deal with it he did what the league asked and people are still bickering and talking about it. The problem is not lynch its that people are upset lynch wont conform. I see why he just wants to stay away from the media look how a message board treats him.

conform to what -- acting like a grown adult?

• Like 2

I love...LOOOOVE how angry this makes some of you.

which are the angry ones?

The middle-aged white people.

Would I characterize it as anger? Not anger but a sense of frustration and disrespect. Is it 'middle-aged white people'? Probably just people who see someone who is lucky to have the talent to play professional football and kind of snubs his nose at the rest of us who know how truly lucky he is as we get up every morning and drive to work to support our families. We absolutely don't begrudge him his success and his right to do things his way but bristle a little at his seemingly entitlement attitude. There probably is a generational gap but it's not anger nor a race issue.

Personally I think he is being childish and silly but it's his life and he can choose to act however he likes. It is getting way overblown but just about everything gets overblown and over analyzed nowadays. Back when I was a kid, and I had to walk 10 miles to school, uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow with no shoes,,,hey you kids get off my lawn...did I ever tell you the time I met George Blanda...I'm tired, I need a nap...

Gronk and Marshawn with Conan. Clueless gamer. HFS. Google it. Would share a link but I'm on my phone.

long but worth every second https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpkSyryQz4

Lynch is just shy, he doesn't like talking to the media. he just wants to play. he only cares about what his family thinks and talks to them. He doesn't like the way the media portrays him. Oh wait, Conan is on the phone?

Gronk and Marshawn with Conan. Clueless gamer. HFS. Google it. Would share a link but I'm on my phone.

Lynch is just shy, he doesn't like talking to the media. he just wants to play. he only cares about what his family thinks and talks to them. He doesn't like the way the media portrays him. Oh wait, Conan is on the phone?

yeah, I think the whole he's shy or has social disorder is coming from the late arriving 'not a football fan but a Seahawks fan' segment of the fan base - they want to protect their guy. Personally, I just think he's got some bitterness towards the NFL and the NFL media, I don't know what it is or where it came from but I'm sure he's got his reasons. The local media here just accepts it and it's really only a big deal come playoff time when the national media starts showing up.

But to try to infer that he's some kind of hypocrite because he's doing Conan I think is wrong. just my .02...

Personally, I just think he's got some bitterness towards the NFL and the NFL media, I don't know what it is or where it came from but I'm sure he's got his reasons.

I think it dates back to when he was in Buffalo. He felt like some reporter hammered him unfairly. I have nothing to confirm this other than a vague memory of someone else bringing it up a couple of years ago before the team started to have some consistent success.

I apologize and take back everything negative I have said about Marshawn....I love this guy!

Lick the gun, lick the gun, lick the gun, lick the gun....

If you're not watching this and laughing so hard your crying you're totally missing out.

• Like 2

I apologize and take back everything negative I have said about Marshawn....I love this guy!

If you're not watching this and laughing so hard your crying you're totally missing out.

His facial expressions when the video game characters are getting messed up are priceless as well.

:goodposting::lmao: I suddenly love both Gronk (well I always loved him) and Marshawn.

His facial expressions when the video game characters are getting messed up are priceless as well.

Especially when the girl fight ended.......

it's pretty hilarious that you get all these kind of responses after people see a clip of the guy, but all these same people are defending him when he shuts the media down, and are ripping the nfl for requiring media sessions to promote their sport.

it's pretty hilarious that you get all these kind of responses after people see a clip of the guy, but all these same people are defending him when he shuts the media down, and are ripping the nfl for requiring media sessions to promote their sport.

I was ripping him earlier because he came across as an idiot with his tiring shtick. In this video, he's very entertaining. I'm just looking for some creativity. :shrug:

Edited by fred_1_15301

No comprende your thoughts except for the part where you hold Lynch to a higher standard than Goodell.

Edited by Mister CIA

long but worth every second

yeah, I think the whole he's shy or has social disorder is coming from the late arriving 'not a football fan but a Seahawks fan' segment of the fan base - they want to protect their guy. Personally, I just think he's got some bitterness towards the NFL and the NFL media, I don't know what it is or where it came from but I'm sure he's got his reasons. The local media here just accepts it and it's really only a big deal come playoff time when the national media starts showing up.

But to try to infer that he's some kind of hypocrite because he's doing Conan I think is wrong. just my .02...

No I think he is pointing out that whatever story Lynch has for not talking to the media goes out the window when he seeks out going on national tv with a talk show host.

Last time I checked a lot of NFL reporters are fine just talking football where Conan is a lot more likely to go outside the lines and have Lynch talk about things more personal to him. In the end I would have no issue with Lynch even if he answered one question about football and shutdown any question about his personal life or crotch grabbing and other things.

I find it funny that anyone thinks not requiring players to talk to the media would be a horrible idea. If players were not required to talk to the media I would put money down on Bill Bellichek forbidding any of his players partaking in media day. You know other coaches would likely follow or try as well.

No I think he is pointing out that whatever story Lynch has for not talking to the media goes out the window when he seeks out going on national tv with a talk show host.

The Conan piece has no resemblance to a team press conference. If the team asked him to play Nintendo and talk about his favorite Super Mario Kart character he'd probably be fine.

Many players dislike being mandated to talk to the press; yet all of them bend over and take it without a complaint. If my employer made me give interviews to the media against my will, I would consider that arrogant and disrespectful. Of course, considering the fact how much my employer paid me, I would still suck it up, but use every opportunity to express my view. That's exactly what Marshawn does - and kudos to him for it.

I share Lynch's disdain for the sports media, but years from now, when he can't get into the Hall of Fame because he pissed the media off and they refuse to vote for him, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

Sadly this is most likely true. The one thing he might have going for him (aside from the obvious ability and durability) is that a guy like John Clayton-though he doesn't like Beast Mode's act-would likely go to bat for him.
Many players dislike being mandated to talk to the press; yet all of them bend over and take it without a complaint. If my employer made me give interviews to the media against my will, I would consider that arrogant and disrespectful. Of course, considering the fact how much my employer paid me, I would still suck it up, but use every opportunity to express my view. That's exactly what Marshawn does - and kudos to him for it.

Your employer doesn't make you give interviews to the media because it's not part of your job. But if you were the CEO or an executive or part of the PR team, it would be part of your job. I share Marshawn's disdain for the sports media, but it's part of his job and he is contractually obligated to do it.

I think it's kind of silly looking, but if he wants to pay the fine, knock yourself out. It's hard to figure out what point he is trying to make.

He's not trying to make a point. He just doesn't like talking to people who are trying to dissect his words. I really don't get it.... There are plenty of personalities in the NFL that will talk to the media until they are blue in the face. Why does it matter that one guy doesn't want to?

I think it's kind of silly looking, but if he wants to pay the fine, knock yourself out. It's hard to figure out what point he is trying to make.

He's not trying to make a point. He just doesn't like talking to people who are trying to dissect his words. I really don't get it.... There are plenty of personalities in the NFL that will talk to the media until they are blue in the face. Why does it matter that one guy doesn't want to?

I guess it depends on who you're talking to whether it matters or not. It doesn't to me but it still looks odd.

To be clear, I think this is the last thing the team is worried about tonight, but this is probably a good guess. I'd expect them to just pay him next year though.

Interesting to note that the Danny Kelly article at Fieldgulls mentions $10 million for next season. Edited by Neofight

I guess it depends on who you're talking to whether it matters or not. It doesn't to me but it still looks odd.

Only thing odd about it is the media still trys to ask him questions. Watched the e60 with him I dont think its social he just doesnt like the media even willing to pay fines to avoid them. If he is willing to pay money to not to the media I can respect it media is not good.

Only thing odd about it is the media still trys to ask him questions. Watched the e60 with him I dont think its social he just doesnt like the media even willing to pay fines to avoid them. If he is willing to pay money to not to the media I can respect it media is not good.
Yes, it is strictly the repetitive banality of the pressers that he can't stand. The odd thing is that you can read or listen to media members describe Media Day and the pre Super Bowl circus in much less flattering terms than Lynch... and then hear/read those very same people condemn him for feeling the same way they do. This will happen literally within a few sentences. There's a word for that. Edited by Neofight