Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weren't you quitting a few months ago too?

Remember this guy? http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/19895/after-years-out-of-football-saints-rb-tim-hightower-back-in-key-role Hightower was a STUD at the end of last ye

Thought I'd post this in here. Lynch visiting Houston, Scotland for a Skittles promo. I was one of the cameramen on the shoot !   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIjQuxaK4Mw

He's under contract for next season, and he's at the age where every year counts. His leverage is that he might not play. Now, he might not play, for sure, but no matter if he wants to play or not, were I his agent, I'd suggest that he was considering retirement.

don't agents get paid off signing contracts?

Lynch has compressed cartilage in his back, a condition that will not heal and can get worse as a result of Lynch's punishing running style.

I haven't been paying attention, but this is the first I've heard of it.

Lynch has compressed cartilage in his back, a condition that will not heal and can get worse as a result of Lynch's punishing running style.

I haven't been paying attention, but this is the first I've heard of it.

I heard about the back issues but first i'm hearing it's chronic and could get worse with playing - especially with his running style. This considerably increases the chance of retirement.

Edited by Tool

He's under contract for next season, and he's at the age where every year counts. His leverage is that he might not play. Now, he might not play, for sure, but no matter if he wants to play or not, were I his agent, I'd suggest that he was considering retirement.

don't agents get paid off signing contracts?

I think you're missing the point that there an an element of bluffing at play....

Lynch is a different beast, sure - but he will be in a Seahawk uniform if there is $10 million on the line.

Money isn't the issue. He knows that if he wants to play another season, they will be upping the amount a great deal. They want/need him that bad.

It's the chronic back issues that will likely be the deciding factor. That, and whether Lynch is just tired of the NFL fining him for every little thing he does/doesn't say. Of course, he is an odd

guy, and may actually find the whole situation amusing and does his schtick just to get a rise out of the NFL. Who knows really?

There were whispers of him retiring before last season, too. But I think the constant pounding, and the fact that he's about to turn 29 and will start regressing likely soon (he has a LOT of miles).......

I would love to play poker with some on here because some bite the bluff easy. I remember last year when people bought the hype and thought he was retiring or have bias in an irrelevent talent like Michael a guy who cant beat out turbin on the depth chart. Lynch is playing for 10 million if offerd and is hoping for more with a great bargaining chip of retirement. The back issue the talks of retirement show people are still naive to how agents work. He is 1305 yards away from 10000 yards a great milestone any rb would want even weird ones like lynch.

I would love to play poker with some on here because some bite the bluff easy. I remember last year when people bought the hype and thought he was retiring or have bias in an irrelevent talent like Michael a guy who cant beat out turbin on the depth chart. Lynch is playing for 10 million if offerd and is hoping for more with a great bargaining chip of retirement. The back issue the talks of retirement show people are still naive to how agents work. He is 1305 yards away from 10000 yards a great milestone any rb would want even weird ones like lynch.

Well that settles it.

I wouldn't bet on Lynch retiring, just allowing for the possibility.

I doubt he'd be pushing the news of a chronic back injury, as that detracts from his value.

Rotoworld:

Coach Pete Carroll said Friday that Seahawks are negotiating "in earnest" to keep Marshawn Lynch out of retirement.

The Seahawks want to keep Lynch and give him a raise. "We've had big offers out there," Carroll said. It's believed the Seahawks have offered as much as $10 million for Lynch to play in 2015. He's currently owed $7 million.
Feb 20 - 3:13 PM

Rotoworld:

Coach Pete Carroll said Friday that Seahawks are negotiating "in earnest" to keep Marshawn Lynch out of retirement.

The Seahawks want to keep Lynch and give him a raise. "We've had big offers out there," Carroll said. It's believed the Seahawks have offered as much as $10 million for Lynch to play in 2015. He's currently owed $7 million.

Last year the consensus was that he'd get cut because his salary is too high. Now he looks like he's getting a raise.

Rotoworld:

Last year the consensus was that he'd get cut because his salary is too high. Now he looks like he's getting a raise.

He earned it. I'm a huge Lynch fan, love the guy. He should now help the team out and let them know what's up. Would be shocked if he actually retired but he wouldn't be the first guy to walk away.

Luke Easterling ‏@LukeEasterling 2h2 hours ago

Marshawn Lynch's agent, @DHendrickson41, is refuting @JasonLaCanfora's report of a new deal between his client & the #Seahawks.

LaCanfora is not a reliable news source IMO

Is anybody?

And I mean that in a very sad way.

Marshawn Lynch's agent, @DHendrickson41, is refuting @JasonLaCanfora's report of a new deal between his client & the #Seahawks.

Is anybody?

Some a lot more than others but other than Jason Cole I've not seen anyone consistently get as much wrong as LaCanfora.

Is anybody?

I am still miffed at LaCanfora for reporting that the Vikings were in trade talks for Sam Bradford last year. He tweeted "there are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings" - you could tell that he was grasping at straws. The Rams later denied talking to anyone about Bradford.
  • 2 weeks later...

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks have reached a revised contract with Marshawn Lynch, ensuring Lynch stays with the team for 2015.

Lynch was rumored to be considering retirement for the second straight offseason. He's putting it off again. Although Lynch turns 29 next month, his 2014 performance showed zero signs of slippage. Lynch established a career high with 17 all-purpose touchdowns, and his 4.66 YPC average was the second best of his career. Lynch's breakdown risk will grow as he gets older, but otherwise there would be no reason to leave him out of 2015's top-five projected fantasy backs. Robert Turbin will return as Seattle's third-down back, while talented-but-enigmatic Christine Michael's Dynasty stock will continue to twist in the wind.
Mar 6 - 4:32 PM

ESPN's John Clayton reports Marshawn Lynch's new contract is a one-year, $11 million deal.

Lynch was scheduled to make $8.5 million, so it's a $2.5M raise with more upfront money. He's now owed $1 million in base salary, with a $9 million signing bonus and $1M roster bonus

...and christine michael owners cry.

:shrug:

I own Michael in something like nine leagues, and have bought Lynch in three or four of them at a pretty good price during each of the last two offseasons. I expect to take a shot at it again this year too in the three leagues where I've got CM but don't have Lynch.

ummmm...wat?

Seahawks signed RB Marshawn Lynch to a new three-year, $31 million contract.

Lynch's 2015 earnings will be $12 million -- a $7.5 million signing bonus and $4.5 million base salary.

My money's on him playing one more year and he'll either retire or he gets cut. Then again i said that last year too.

ummmm...wat?

Seahawks signed RB Marshawn Lynch to a new three-year, $31 million contract.

Lynch's 2015 earnings will be $12 million -- a $7.5 million signing bonus and $4.5 million base salary.

My money's on him playing one more year and he'll either retire or he gets cut. Then again i said that last year too.
He'll be 29 in April, so the end is near. He could easily play another 2 years and probably be effective, though. This deal gives him that option. There's no telling if he wants to play past this season of course.

And throw a couple punches. What a thug.

come on, don't be a pansy. Use the word you really want to.

What word is that? Look at I get it, you like him because he's on your favorite team but the guy is and always has been a POS.

What word is that? Look at I get it, you like him because he's on your favorite team but the guy is and always has been a POS.

The guy has done more good for the world than you and I will ever do combined. Why judge him solely on his worst moments and ignore his best?

:lmao:

The guy has done more good for the world than you and I will ever do combined. Why judge him solely on his worst moments and ignore his best?

:lmao:

:lmao::lmao:

That's a sad brawl, looked like a couple of guys wrestling.

The worst part of that fight is when they realized they rolled around in a bunch of dog #### and garbage, place looked like it was in real nice part of town.

Al Sharpton, is that you??

• 1 month later...

Pick your poison:

Having Graham on the field -- especially in the red zone -- will draw players out of the box and help create bigger creases for Beast Mode. Bigger creases means Lynch running downhill. Lynch running downhill equates to devastation for a defender.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't you just feel sorry that with his condition he is forced to be in a video game, talk to reporters about his time at the publisher, and be in the horrible circumstance of getting his voice recorded?

Man I wish the NFL would just stop forcing the players to stop doing these things

:sarcasm:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13005815/black-ops-iii

Don't you just feel sorry that with his condition he is forced to be in a video game, talk to reporters about his time at the publisher, and be in the horrible circumstance of getting his voice recorded?

Man I wish the NFL would just stop forcing the players to stop doing these things

:sarcasm:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13005815/black-ops-iii

The sarcasm is totally lost on me. What are you trying to say? Mandatory media availability and participating in the making of this game are similar?