Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marshawn Lynch -- "I'm here so I won't get fined"

Don't you just feel sorry that with his condition he is forced to be in a video game, talk to reporters about his time at the publisher, and be in the horrible circumstance of getting his voice recorded?

Man I wish the NFL would just stop forcing the players to stop doing these things

:sarcasm:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13005815/black-ops-iii

The sarcasm is totally lost on me. What are you trying to say? Mandatory media availability and participating in the making of this game are similar?

He's saying speaking to the media and speaking to the media is the same. Lynch can't have it both ways.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weren't you quitting a few months ago too?

Remember this guy? http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/19895/after-years-out-of-football-saints-rb-tim-hightower-back-in-key-role Hightower was a STUD at the end of last ye

Thought I'd post this in here. Lynch visiting Houston, Scotland for a Skittles promo. I was one of the cameramen on the shoot !   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIjQuxaK4Mw

Don't you just feel sorry that with his condition he is forced to be in a video game, talk to reporters about his time at the publisher, and be in the horrible circumstance of getting his voice recorded?

Man I wish the NFL would just stop forcing the players to stop doing these things

The sarcasm is totally lost on me. What are you trying to say? Mandatory media availability and participating in the making of this game are similar?

He's saying speaking to the media and speaking to the media is the same. Lynch can't have it both ways.

That's like saying rape and consensual sex are the same. Both are sex amirite?

I appreciate the article, but it would seem like creating a consistency category while wiping out an entire year has no bearing on what 2015 will bring. It does have bearing on what 2011-2014 brought, but that's past performance. AP isn't a consistent runner going forward because he got suspended for 2014? That logic makes no sense when trying to predict future performance. Brinson's point about possible future suspensions is valid, but he glosses over Lynch's penchant for getting in trouble, too.

Yes. Oh, except that in Marshawn's case, he already accepted millions of dollars and signed a contract saying the media-sex he's crying rape about would be okay. So really, it's a not very much like you suggested at all.

It would be like that if they dragged him out from behind the McDonald's counter and forced him to do press conferences. But not so much for those who signed up to be professional entertainers.

Edited by Freelove

Yes. Oh, except that in Marshawn's case, he already accepted millions of dollars and signed a contract saying the media-sex he's crying rape about would be okay. So really, it's a not very much like you suggested at all.

It would be like that if they dragged him out from behind the McDonald's counter and forced him to do press conferences. But not so much for those who signed up to be professional entertainers.

I'm guessing you have a link to where he said it was "okay" and where it's written in his contract? I get it that the CBA requires talking to the press. That doesn't mean he likes it. Obviously he doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing you have a link to where he said it was "okay" and where it's written in his contract? I get it that the CBA requires talking to the press. That doesn't mean he likes it. Obviously he doesn't.

:confused:

You're like two laps slow on your own logic, here. Since, you know, you answered your own question.

And he likes talking to the media just fine. In fact, he signed on to do so multiple times entirely of his own volition in the off-season.

What he doesn't like is being perceived as agreeing to do the bidding of rich white men. So he turns every press conference into a ghetto sideshow thinking somehow that makes him more come off more real, and doesn't realize he ends up looking like a clown. :shrug:

Nobody has press-conference specific social anxiety disorder that magically transforms into sunshine and unicorns for late night TV and video game spots. Guy's a racist piece of #### and would earn a lot more respect from the people he actually wants to impress if he stepped on the podium and said, "#### you, massa," and tore up his check instead. But he's too cowardly, so he takes this path. Cuz Uncle Paul's money spends just fine, so long as Marshawn ain't got to look white to get some.

• Like 1

You're like two laps slow on your own logic, here. Since, you know, you answered your own question.

And he likes talking to the media just fine. In fact, he signed on to do so multiple times entirely of his own volition in the off-season.

What he doesn't like is being perceived as agreeing to do the bidding of rich white men. So he turns every press conference into a ghetto sideshow thinking somehow that makes him more come off more real, and doesn't realize he ends up looking like a clown. :shrug:

Nobody has press-conference specific social anxiety disorder that magically transforms into sunshine and unicorns for late night TV and video game spots. Guy's a racist piece of #### and would earn a lot more respect from the people he actually wants to impress if he stepped on the podium and said, "#### you, massa," and tore up his check instead. But he's too cowardly, so he takes this path. Cuz Uncle Paul's money spends just fine, so long as Marshawn ain't got to look white to get some.

This is possibly the dumbest thing I've read on Footballguys this year.

And that's saying something.

Two things which you might want to know:

1. Giving a press conference is a completely different experience than giving an interview. (Have you done both?)
  2. Last I checked, Conan O'Brien is a rich white man.

Yikes. Deep end much?

Boy....even for the Shark Pool, this is off the reservation.

I thought we might talk a little about whether this will be his last year or whether a team might actually give another huge one year deal to him for next year and, if so, what the impact might be. Can we talk about that?

I thought we might talk a little about whether this will be his last year or whether a team might actually give another huge one year deal to him for next year and, if so, what the impact might be. Can we talk about that?

Well, at this very moment he's under contract for $9M for 2016. I wonder if that's enough to keep him interested in playing though. In addition to that, this is the last year Turbin is under contract so the team is going to need to make a decision here at some point.

Pick your poison:

Having Graham on the field -- especially in the red zone -- will draw players out of the box and help create bigger creases for Beast Mode. Bigger creases means Lynch running downhill. Lynch running downhill equates to devastation for a defender.

I can see lots of play action from the one with a fade to Graham... :shock:

It goes without saying but that was truly one of the most ridiculous posts i've read here. I'm not sure if it's real - i mean i guess it is - but either way it was hysterical.

Wow

:unsure:

:lmao:

Church.

Edited by rockaction

I think Lynch is an immature drama queen. Which is unusual for a running back, they are usually pretty blue collar. That's wide receiver behavior. I love having him on my dynasty team though. I couldn't care less about his alleged social anxiety. I think he likes the attention just fine. He's mentioned retirement at least twice now just to get the publicity. If he didn't like the attention, he'd be more like Matt Forte or Frank Gore. Just lunchbox guys who you never read about.

I love Lynch as an RB and also as a human being, from what I know of him (which is little. Let's just say I love him as an RB).

I think the whole social anxiety thing is a complete joke and takes away from the game. That's why I laugh at Freelove's comment.

I think the two can reconcile. Anybody that invested in either side of the debate might put a bit of thought into it all and understand the whole dynamic.

It's pretty clear how Lynch makes his distinctions. His press conferences are mandated or he loses money. He gets paid for the video game stuff. And he plugged at least 4 of his "interests" during the Conan interview. I mean, the dude is totally fine talking if it's lining his pockets. I, for one, don't care either way. But a very clear distinction has been made. To call him a thug or a racist is really unfortunate. Greedy? Self serving? Sure. Wouldn't we all be in his position? Jesus, he'll probably hold out AGAIN this year. I wouldn't be surprised. Money, money, money. There's a pattern here!

EDIT: Twitter handle @MoneyLynch haha....

Edited by PDX_Seahawk

Lynch just doesn't want the media to twist his words and they can't when he all he says is "yeah" or "I'm just here so I won't get fined". When he's on Conan or anything else, he controls the dialogue so he has no problem talking.

People are still taking about this? Lynch is the man. Why should he give these reporters anything when most of them are vultures that would happily twist his words if it got them a story.

• Like 1

That thing won't see the light of day because a film depiction of radical Oakland culture will not fly in an America that isn't ready to see a cartoonishly earnest, non-ironic, and unvarnished depiction of a black athlete coming from abject circumstances and expressing his perception of reality; a reality so far away from the societal requirements of media correctness that it makes everything seem like a joke in dichotomous comparison.

Edited by rockaction

People are still taking about this? Lynch is the man. Why should he give these reporters anything when most of them are vultures that would happily twist his words if it got them a story.

Exactly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:lmao: they just showed this on Sportscenter. They cut back to SC Sportscaster...."What was that?!? A reporter can't get him to say a word about football...but you ask him to talk about Skittles and he turns into Richard Simmons!"
  • 2 weeks later...