What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

OldMilwaukee said:
All passwords worked fine for me except in the Main Site
Main site password is " #2014ibl ".

Did I see want to move your second Bro1ncos?

How about my 1.07f and 4.6f for your 1.02a and 6.11a?
Thanks for the password. That worked fine.

After thinking about it. I want to see how these early drafts start before moving my 1.02. May just get my guy then use other trades to build around him.

Spoke with jeaton6 through IM here and he has volunteered to allow me to take his team over if you guys will have me back.......sorry for the miscommunication

I have set all the FBG passwords in every league to "1footballguy"

Please log in to them and verify you can. If you haven't gotten on to the FFlivewire forums yet, please do so and say hi in the FBG check in thread.

As a suggestion, I would put your picks in a signature there- t makes it easier for folks to work deals with you. A format for this would be: L. McCoy (1.01A), M. Crabtree (2.12A) , 3.04D, 4.1A, 4.12D, 6.1G, , etc........

A couple of guys had trouble getting back into their Livewire accounts- supposedly a rep at livewire is fixing this so let me know if you're still having trouble by late tommorow. Will PM some individuals tommorrow on various specific issues. The first flight of drafts is set to start Monday AM. Now's a good time to buddy up with somebody!
Rene,

Tried to reset, etc., and still cannot get in. I am going to PM you my email, the password I would like, etc. and maybe they can crank it manually?

Chris

Please log in to them and verify you can. If you haven't gotten on to the FFlivewire forums yet, please do so and say hi in the FBG check in thread.

As a suggestion, I would put your picks in a signature there- t makes it easier for folks to work deals with you. A format for this would be: L. McCoy (1.01A), M. Crabtree (2.12A) , 3.04D, 4.1A, 4.12D, 6.1G, , etc........

A couple of guys had trouble getting back into their Livewire accounts- supposedly a rep at livewire is fixing this so let me know if you're still having trouble by late tommorow. Will PM some individuals tommorrow on various specific issues. The first flight of drafts is set to start Monday AM. Now's a good time to buddy up with somebody!
Password worked fine. What's link to main site again?

OldMilwaukee said:

Password worked fine. What's link to main site again?
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=708104&p=17030164
Ok that shows me the password to the main site, but not the link to the main site.

Hey guys,

I will never drop/be out of the loop, but I am still not able to get in. Old Milaukee, thanks for sending the contact info for the admin at FFlivewire (Chad). I sent him an email, and hopefully I can get on in the next 24 hours. I will be checking this board throughout the weekend for any team updates...

Rene: Can/should I log into the MFL sites? I think I would need the links posted here (not sure), as I can't get into FFLW. Let me know your thoughts. I think if it comes down to no resolution by Sunday eve, I will just create a new username, email, etc. Oddest thing is I already have a trade offer that came into my email, but I can't log in (lol).

Hey guys,

I will never drop/be out of the loop, but I am still not able to get in. Old Milaukee, thanks for sending the contact info for the admin at FFlivewire (Chad). I sent him an email, and hopefully I can get on in the next 24 hours. I will be checking this board throughout the weekend for any team updates...

Rene: Can/should I log into the MFL sites? I think I would need the links posted here (not sure), as I can't get into FFLW. Let me know your thoughts. I think if it comes down to no resolution by Sunday eve, I will just create a new username, email, etc. Oddest thing is I already have a trade offer that came into my email, but I can't log in (lol).
Here's a link to draft A. There's links on each draft to all the others

http://www5.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/72928

I updated the draft sites changing evobelievo to clash and By the Seas name to BTSW to match his livewire name..

Drafts AB and C kick off Monday. That's me, Ref, Sweet Love, and sinrman, but keep in mind that anyone can trade into these drafts.

For the new guys- you need to utilize the FFLIVewire forums for trading. Trades aren't supposed to be executed on the draft sites until posted and confirmed in the forums. Trades within the board (between ourselves) need approval from an IBL commish. There's about 12-13 commissioners who can do this (one or two from each board), and it doesn't usually take long to get a commish.

Opinions on the 1.02 slot

Looking at these 4:

Calvin Johnson

Jamal Charles

LeSean McCoy

Jimmy Graham

Any thoughts/opinions? I am leaning towards Shady or Graham. I love Calvin, but WR is so deep that it can be covered later. I like having a stud RB to lead the stable, but I also like the choice of Graham and then can concentrate on RB/WR/QB in the middle of draft.

Looking at these 4:

Calvin Johnson

Jamal Charles

LeSean McCoy

Jimmy Graham

Any thoughts/opinions? I am leaning towards Shady or Graham. I love Calvin, but WR is so deep that it can be covered later. I like having a stud RB to lead the stable, but I also like the choice of Graham and then can concentrate on RB/WR/QB in the middle of draft.
I just went with D. Thomas at 3. Only other player I considered was McCoy (Calvin and Charles went 1-2). IN this league currently, you only have to start 1 RB and can only start 2, while you can start up to 4 WR. WRs are just much more valuable and if in doubt, you're generally better off going WR (IMO).

That will change a little next year.

Looking at these 4:

Calvin Johnson

Jamal Charles

LeSean McCoy

Jimmy Graham

WR can't be covered later. They'll get chewed up in no time as you can start 4 of them. Guys like Murray will be available for your 4th/5th pick.

Looking at these 4:

Calvin Johnson

Jamal Charles

LeSean McCoy

Jimmy Graham

WR can't be covered later. They'll get chewed up in no time as you can start 4 of them. Guys like Murray will be available for your 4th/5th pick.
Got you. I forget the lineups are tweaked in IBL. Rethinking now.

Looking at these 4:

Calvin Johnson

Jamal Charles

LeSean McCoy

Jimmy Graham

Couldn't agree more. My first year, I did not account for the WR run and was mediocre. Last year, even after losing Julio I was in good shape because I addressed WR early and often.

Had a few offers, but all were slightly in their favor and anytime I'd counter that would make it even or slightly in my favor, they'd balk at it. So screw 'em!

I was at 1.06A, and seriously considered AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Jimmy Graham. Decided to go with Green who has been very consistent for three years straight.

What am I going to be left with at 1.11...not loving that position.

First draft to hit "11" went with Julio in that slot. I may do the same, but it seems pretty odd that I drafted him in the 2nd last year in the IBL, he breaks his foot and is out for the year, and then I have to spend a 1st on him the following year? Seems like his value is going in the wrong direction...

Last edited by a moderator:

First draft to hit "11" went with Julio in that slot. I may do the same, but it seems pretty odd that I drafted him in the 2nd last year in the IBL, he breaks his foot and is out for the year, and then I have to spend a 1st on him the following year? Seems like his value is going in the wrong direction...
Ref and I would have taken him at 1.8 if we hadn't be able to move the pick.

As an fyi - we are looking for Gronk in the early 2nd. We may have to move up in draft A or B to do that. If any of you guys are liking the board in draft C around our pick, let us know.

Julio went 1.10 in A. I very nearly pulled the trigger on him at 1.6, that's how good I think he will be. I think what made me ultimately choose Green over Jones was Julio rebounding from a big injury and no Tony G to take

pressure off. Teams won't be fooled by him now. He started last season off with a BANG before he got hurt. They will be better prepared.

OldMilwaukee said:
Yes! :hifive:

Traded up from the 8th spot to the 2nd to make certain I got one of my top three (at no cost on the dodds).

Got my top guy!!!!!!

Welcome to team Old Milwaukee Calvin!
How did both you and Ref get an 8 slot?

Alshon was available, so I went with him. Two top 10 WRs in this league is hard to pass up. Not sure I will keep them both though.

Made my first move of the draft (I normally make a dozen or so):

got 2.03H/3.10B/Rd 18 pick for my 2.10/3.03B and Rd 16 pick

Ignoring the 16 and 18, that's 5% my way on Dodds to move up. Will likely put that 2.3H pick OTB looking to move back again and find more value in an earlier draft. If I can't, there's some quality players available around there (Jeffery, Nelson, Cobb, Murray)

A couple of rookie mistakes made in draft b.

The owners who just took manning and JT at 3.2 and 3.3 could have moved to 3.8 in draft c and improved their draft position else where.

Rene and Sweet Love - I may want to talk trade when you guys come up. Ref and I are sitting on three targets with five picks before us. We have 4.5c upcoming and 4.1e in the next set of drafts. Keep an eye on our board and see if there's anything you like.

BnB...sorry, work has been crazy and I did not see this message before I picked (though I was happy to get Fitz as my WR3). I am on the clock at 4.02, and would trade for that 4.05 c. Let me know asap

ETA: Sorry I missed you guys...my bad.

BnB...sorry, work has been crazy and I did not see this message before I picked (though I was happy to get Fitz as my WR3). I am on the clock at 4.02, and would trade for that 4.05 c. Let me know asap

ETA: Sorry I missed you guys...my bad.
no worries.....Bass doin work as my GM and President of Football Operations

going to end up with

Julio

Gronk

Welker

Harvin

the Julio pick is 1.07 TBD coming up in another draft

Yup - Happy with that start. I see Harvin as the 2014 version of DJax 2013.

It's so hard to avoid drafting the QBs in these leagues. Everytime I think Rodgers or someone looks like a smoking deal, I look at last years stats where Rivers off the wire or a poopy RG3 basically matched them.

As a reminder - 4 pts TDs and 1/25 yd for QBs. Running QBs really do well in this format.

BassNBrew said:

It's so hard to avoid drafting the QBs in these leagues. Everytime I think Rodgers or someone looks like a smoking deal, I look at last years stats where Rivers off the wire or a poopy RG3 basically matched them.

As a reminder - 4 pts TDs and 1/25 yd for QBs. Running QBs really do well in this format.
Nice start, guys. I like where you are going. Ton of WR value, so I traded back a tad (and may even go back again).

I started with:

Brandon Marshall

Alshon Jeffrey

Larry Fitzgerald

Tempted to get another WR (TY Hilton-type), but that may be pushing it. Also would not mind moving Jeffrey (really wanted Antonio Brown). I moved back from 4.02B to 4.09A, and don't think I will lose much in value on RB (not even sure who I will select at that spot who I could not take in the 5th).

BassNBrew said:

Nice start, guys. I like where you are going. Ton of WR value, so I traded back a tad (and may even go back again).

I started with:

Brandon Marshall

Alshon Jeffrey

Larry Fitzgerald

Tempted to get another WR (TY Hilton-type), but that may be pushing it. Also would not mind moving Jeffrey (really wanted Antonio Brown). I moved back from 4.02B to 4.09A, and don't think I will lose much in value on RB (not even sure who I will select at that spot who I could not take in the 5th).
Yeah, we thought the board kind of dried up around the early 4th.

I really like Marshall/Jeffrey playoff schedule if the weather holds in Chicago.

Reggie Bush??? Maybe could handcuff Bell later and hope one gets hurt?

LOL...got painted into a corner...almost went Spiller, but warning to folks drafting after me that there will be a RB run in Round 4. If I have to be the "sorry story", so be it. Had a guy who was going to swap 4.09s, but he went dark on me.

ETA: I did not love the Bell not being ready early in the preseason, and think I can get points out of Bush, but truthfully, not where I wanted to be at that pick. Thought when I traded out of 4.02 in B, I would get Ellington or Gerhart, just did not work out that way and my trade offers were "not great".

Team Skinkin Ref / BassNBrew - Other than 6.10B, Ref and I have moved into later drafts for the next few rounds.. Plan is to move back into these drafts where we see value.

1.7e
2.5c Gronkowski
3.11b Harvin
4.5c Welker
5.7e
6.10b
7.10h
8.6e
9.8c
10.5c
10.6c
12.5c
13.7e
14.5c
15.8c
16.5c
17.8c
18.5c

LOL...got painted into a corner...almost went Spiller, but warning to folks drafting after me that there will be a RB run in Round 4. If I have to be the "sorry story", so be it. Had a guy who was going to swap 4.09s, but he went dark on me.

ETA: I did not love the Bell not being ready early in the preseason, and think I can get points out of Bush, but truthfully, not where I wanted to be at that pick. Thought when I traded out of 4.02 in B, I would get Ellington or Gerhart, just did not work out that way and my trade offers were "not great".
You could do worse than that. Dodds has him at 29 overall excluding QBs. We're into the 40s now.

You could do worse than that. Dodds has him at 29 overall excluding QBs. We're into the 40s now.
...and I hate to say it, but I found myself leaning heavily on that. Not that I don't trust Dodds, I don't like I had to lean heavily on that in round 4...maybe it was me, but for guys picking after me at least consider there could be a "hole" in Round 4.

...and I hate to say it, but I found myself leaning heavily on that. Not that I don't trust Dodds, I don't like I had to lean heavily on that in round 4...maybe it was me, but for guys picking after me at least consider there could be a "hole" in Round 4.
Sanders and Torry Smith now gone in C. QBs and RBs will likely slip further in the later drafts if this continues.

I hope you guys get a kick out of this as much as I did...

Offered a guy who wanted to do some trading my 10.6C and 13.8C for his 10.7F and 13.6F. The premise being he might want some earlier picks and I wanted a couple of later picks. Here's the reply...

In the case of your proposal, while it looks fair on the surface, I incorporate how historically players picked at those positions perform, and the gap between 13.06 and 13.08 is surprisingly large... something Dodds doesn't reflect. So I have to pass for now, but I'll keep poking around the numbers to see if anything else appears possible.
I guess Dodds and Drinen need to re-work the DD/pick value algorithm to incorporate that massive drop off between picks 13.6 and 13.8.

I hope you guys get a kick out of this as much as I did...

Offered a guy who wanted to do some trading my 10.6C and 13.8C for his 10.7F and 13.6F. The premise being he might want some earlier picks and I wanted a couple of later picks. Here's the reply...

In the case of your proposal, while it looks fair on the surface, I incorporate how historically players picked at those positions perform, and the gap between 13.06 and 13.08 is surprisingly large... something Dodds doesn't reflect. So I have to pass for now, but I'll keep poking around the numbers to see if anything else appears possible.
I guess Dodds and Drinen need to re-work the DD/pick value algorithm to incorporate that massive drop off between picks 13.6 and 13.8.
you gotta be kidding me.....he has to be pulling your chain

D. Thomas (1.03B), Mike Wallace (4.10B), Torrey Smith (5.03B),
2.03H, 4.01E, 6.05C, 7.03B, 8.10B, 9.03B, 10.10B, 11.03B, 12.10B, 13.03B, 14.10B, 15.03B, 17.03B, 18.03B, 18.10B

Like, but don't love, this start. Had a predraft list at 5.03 that was headed up by Jordan Cameron and also had Foles on it. Still, it's a solid trio of WRs with two earlier picks (2.03 and 4.01) still to come. I haven't taken a RB yet and it's going to be difficult to pass on one if a stud is there at 2.03.

My 6.05 pick will be OTC soon, and not sure which direction to go in. All the QBs I covet are gone, but could take Newton there, but leaning towards waiting a bit and nabbing Wilson or Cutler cheaper- in this format I'm not sure the scoring drop-off warrents a marginal QB at this point. Vereen, L. Miller, and R. Mathews are all possibilities at RB. I prefer Mathews though and can't help but wonder how late he can be had. Considering Olsen but that feels like a safe pick with little upside. At WR, Bowe or Wayne would look good at WR4/5, but I feel like that might well paint me into a corner at 2.3 and 4.1, forcing me to take at least 1 RB and likely a TE. I'd rather have the flexibility to go BPA at the 4.1 slot especially- never know what might slip to there (another shot at Harvin maybe?)

Anyone else have thoughts to share?

ETA: Also got a trade offer I might well take:

I give: 7.07E (79) & 7.08C (80)

for 6.05C (65) & 9.03B (99)

2% in your favor
(I didn't double check this yet)

Users who are viewing this thread