What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (10 Viewers)

If Dike can manage it, it would be the second time in Championship history an American scored a goal to win promotion.

his fans are watching in bars in Chicago and Milwaukee
we will probably never see a rags to riches guy like this ever again.

imagine not even being drafted by an MLS team (and this is when MLS was in pure survival mode and had stopped spending any money on foreigners) to eventually being a captain on an EPL team?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really thought there was no way he'd start after going 90 minutes on Saturday and with Chelsea's need to protect a 2-0 cumulative lead giving them reason to play a more defensive lineup.
No way he goes more than 60 today with Man City looming in the FA semifinal on Saturday.

I think this is an indoor stadium.

==========

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

Concacaf officially announces Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas will stage the Gold Cup final Aug. 1. Other tournament venues likely to be announced in next few weeks

I think this is an indoor stadium.

==========

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

Concacaf officially announces Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas will stage the Gold Cup final Aug. 1. Other tournament venues likely to be announced in next few weeks
It's indoor, but it's still real grass.  Like Phoenix, they have a retractable grass surface that is moved outside between uses so it can grow.

He was the best player on the pitch again and Porto clearly had instructions to hack the #### out of him.  No idea how Porto finished the game with 11 men.  Any competent ref would've sent off multiple Porto players for the repeated fouling.

Kinda hope he gets a rest Saturday, but I doubt it with Man City looming.

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

-Christian Pulisic was fouled 11x by Porto today

-Daryl Dike was fouled 0x by Middlesbrough over the weekend and has only been "fouled" 11 times over his past 5 games.

NewlyRetired said:
He certainly paid for it in black and blue. Did so well relieving pressure by taking guys on and attacking the space.

Just watched the game. Not sure who voted for that, but Jorginho was far and away motm for me. Guy was operating in jedi mode on both sides of the ball. Never seen him this good, especially when the pressure was so high, steady and fast. After him Kante who was a bit sloppy but all over the place, w CP right behind him.

Music to our ears.  I hope that means, at worst, a prominent sub role against City.

================

Absolute Chelsea

@AbsoluteChelsea

· 7m

Christian Pulisic: "It felt like I took a lot of fouls out there. But all in all, I'm pretty healthy so I'm happy about that and I should be ready to go [for the next game]."

:popcorn:

==============

Barnsley CEO Dane Murphy on Daryl Dike: "The Dike transfer fee is an organism that grows on it's own. It's been fun to watch from a far when you actually know what that fee is. It's achievable for Barnsley but we have to see where we are at the end of the season."

:popcorn:

==============

Barnsley CEO Dane Murphy on Daryl Dike: "The Dike transfer fee is an organism that grows on it's own. It's been fun to watch from a far when you actually know what that fee is. It's achievable for Barnsley but we have to see where we are at the end of the season."
Tldr...."If we make the PL, we'll be able to afford him"

Music to our ears.  I hope that means, at worst, a prominent sub role against City.

================

Absolute Chelsea

@AbsoluteChelsea

· 7m

Christian Pulisic: "It felt like I took a lot of fouls out there. But all in all, I'm pretty healthy so I'm happy about that and I should be ready to go [for the next game]."
He seems like a target now.   I think he's better off playing in a less physical league.  EPL is a meat grinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels like good times even though nothing tangible has happened, yet.

Our Euro based players, for the most part, are doing very well.

Our US National team appears strong and deep, while still young and admittedly inexperienced. 

The coach/gm/federation has erased the stench of the past regarding dual nats, and while we won't get every dual nat player going forward, it feels so much better.

From a coaching stand point, GGG has been solid.  Sure no one will ever agree with a coach entirely but from a high level he appears to be making good choices in both rosters and formations.

Our domestic league looks to be coming out of Covid better than most financially and investments into the youth will continue while the first teams slowly get stronger across the board.  They also appear to be willing to sell young players more readily.

This has to translate to tangible results eventually right?

I was chuckling when reading reddit this morning.

The common theme is "I hope GGG was not watching the TFC game last night"

For those that missed it.  TFC fielded a bunch of misfits.  It had to have broken the record for highest uniform numbers combined on the field.  One guy was on a 4 day contract.  They were playing the second leg of their series against Club Leon, the Liga MX champions.

Michael Bradley, of all people, turned back the clock at least 10 years and put in a performance we have not see in for ever from him.  He was every where, tackling, dribbling, controlling and directing the misfits.  It was really really impressive.

And no, I do not think he can replicate it, but for one night, it was pretty cool to see, especially when resulting in the most unexpected of upsets to advance in the CCL.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
One other item that the CCL appears to have highlighted for many viewers is that Kreis may have made numerous poor choices when creating his Olympic roster.

To be fair to Kreis even though I thought he did a poor job, when you get this far down the talent pool, it is a lot harder to make choices where as your top side often just picks itself.

Feels like good times even though nothing tangible has happened, yet.

Our Euro based players, for the most part, are doing very well.

Our US National team appears strong and deep, while still young and admittedly inexperienced. 

The coach/gm/federation has erased the stench of the past regarding dual nats, and while we won't get every dual nat player going forward, it feels so much better.

From a coaching stand point, GGG has been solid.  Sure no one will ever agree with a coach entirely but from a high level he appears to be making good choices in both rosters and formations.

Our domestic league looks to be coming out of Covid better than most financially and investments into the youth will continue while the first teams slowly get stronger across the board.  They also appear to be willing to sell young players more readily.

This has to translate to tangible results eventually right?
You left out the concacaf variable.

CBS continues to gobble up soccer properties

======

CBS SPORTS AND PARAMOUNT+ ACQUIRE EXCLUSIVE ENGLISH-LANGUAGE U.S. RIGHTS TO CONCACAF NATIONAL TEAM SOCCER PROPERTIES

COVERAGE STARTS WITH CONCACAF MEN’S NATIONS LEAGUE FINALS IN JUNE

AGREEMENT INCLUDES CONCACAF QUALIFIERS FOR FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2023, CONCACAF MEN’S NATIONS LEAGUE AND CONCACAF WOMEN’S NATIONS LEAGUE

RIGHTS COMPLEMENT CBS SPORTS COVERAGE OF CONCACAF MEN’S WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS

CBS Sports and Concacaf today announced the details of a multi-platform agreement for exclusive U.S. English-language rights to Concacaf national team properties including Concacaf Qualifiers for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023, the Concacaf Men’s Nations League and the Concacaf Women’s Nations League.

Paramount+, ViacomCBS’ subscription streaming service, will deliver more than 200 Concacaf national team matches live, including at least 80 Concacaf Women’s World Cup Qualifying matches and more than 100 Concacaf Women’s Nations League contests. Select matches will be available to air on CBS Sports linear platforms.

The addition of these properties bolsters the extensive lineup of live soccer on Paramount+ including coverage of nearly 80 Concacaf Men’s World Cup Qualifiers for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ previously announced last month.

“We are excited to continue the expansion of CBS Sports’ soccer portfolio across both the men’s and women’s game, and look forward to delivering competitive Concacaf national team action on Paramount+ and CBS Sports platforms,” said Jeffrey Gerttula, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Sports Digital. “Paramount+ has truly become a year-round soccer destination, attracting a growing fanbase that’s hungry to watch the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams along with a variety of international soccer competitions.”

“We are extremely pleased to begin this new partnership with CBS Sports which starts with our first ever Concacaf Nations League Finals and includes our game changing new women’s national team competitions,” said Concacaf General Secretary Philippe Moggio. “CBS Sports has an excellent track record of delivering outstanding live sports coverage, and their new Paramount+ platform is increasingly popular with fans. We look forward to working together to elevate men’s and women’s national team football in the Concacaf region.”

CBS Sports begins coverage in June with the Concacaf Men’s Nations League Finals in Denver. Additional coverage specifics around the June 3 Semifinal matches of United States vs. Honduras and Mexico vs. Costa Rica, along with details of the Final and Third-Place matches on June 6 will be announced in the coming weeks.

Following June’s Finals, CBS Sports will continue coverage in future years with the 2022-2023 Concacaf Men’s Nations League. CBS Sports will also showcase the inaugural Concacaf Women’s Nations League beginning in 2023.

Details of CBS Sports’ coverage of the Concacaf Women’s World Cup Qualifiers will be announced ahead of competition beginning in Fall 2021.

CBS Sports Digital will deliver additional coverage and original programming and feature highlights across social channels and CBS Sports HQ, the 24/7 streaming sports news network.

Paramount+, a leading destination for U.S. soccer fans, features more than 1,400 live matches each year across an extensive portfolio of soccer properties, including UEFA club competitions, NWSL, Concacaf national team competitions including Men’s World Cup Qualifiers, Women’s World Cup Qualifiers, Men’s Nations League, and Women’s Nations League, Liga Profesional de Fútbol, and Serie A.

Users who are viewing this thread