Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • NewlyRetired

    17720

  • El Floppo

    7736

  • Ramsay Hunt Experience

    2533

  • Ned

    2097

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been meaning to put this together for some time. For our newer US soccer fans, here is a little primer of things to know about the history of your team and some of the background of internationa

not a soccer fan here, how does this work?  Argentina gets ball for the first 45 minutes then the US gets it in the 2nd half?

I didn't get to see a lot of the match because I had a fussy infant and a toddler to get to bed.  I saw the last 30 minutes or so.  I guess that was a blessing.  Even in the last 30 minutes, I found m

I think the CBS studio team for CL this past week - Kate Abdo, Carra, Micah Richards and Peter Schmeicel - were excellent. I was also happily surprised by Jens Lehman. Always thought he was a total %^&*@! but he was actually really good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will definitely need to review my premium channel selection once the 2020/21 season ends.

Not sure I can drop NBCSN and save any money on YoutubeTV, but will need to add Peacock and Paramount I guess?

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know the channel lineup from, say, June forward?  Might be good to keep in one place.

  • World Cup
  • USMNT Qualifiers
  • USMNT Gold Cup
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
  • EPL
  • Bundesliga
  • La Liga
  • Serie A
  • Ligue 1
  • Eredivisie
  • FA Cup
  • Championship
  • Other?
Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Please remind me again - is it correct we’re expecting the men’s A team to play Nations League and more of a B team to play the Gold Cup or other way around ? 

Full team for Switzerland friendly, and the two Nations League games (which are scheduled in a way to simulate the three game WCQing windows).

Best of the rest for Gold Cup.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Does anybody know the channel lineup from, say, June forward?  Might be good to keep in one place.

  • World Cup
  • USMNT Qualifiers
  • USMNT Gold Cup
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
  • EPL
  • Bundesliga
  • La Liga
  • Serie A
  • Ligue 1
  • Eredivisie
  • FA Cup
  • Championship
  • Other?

This is the best site to keep up to date with accurate information.  Look on the right side bar for the items you are interested in to see who covers them at this moment in time

https://worldsoccertalk.com/

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

MLS/US Soccer tv rights negotiations are about to start. 

Fox and ESPN have an exclusive window to negotiate until the summer but with CBS throwing money all over the place, the process might extend longer to let the other interested parties bid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moe. said:

Seems like CBS is going to make a push for MLS rights in a couple years. It would be nice to see a bidding war bust out. Might as well cash in before that bubble pops.

Any chance we get a USMNT game on CBS?

From what I can find out, US Soccer and MLS will continue to bundle their rights together.    They still seem to think a combined package will have a larger total value than a split package.

And yes, if CBS wins, I think we would see an occasional game on CBS, similar to what we have seen with Fox.

Edited by NewlyRetired
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing ruins my day more than a promising young player getting hurt :(  I have loved what I have seen of him in limited action so far

================

 

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Columbus Crew 1-0 Real Esteli FT. (5-0 ag). #Crew96 advance to likely face Monterrey in the CCL quarterfinal. Boring game that was marred by what looks like a serious injury to Aidan Morris - slated to be one of the top young American players to watch in the league in 2021

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

Nothing ruins my day more than a promising young player getting hurt :(  I have loved what I have seen of him in limited action so far

================

 

Brian Sciaretta

@BrianSciaretta

Columbus Crew 1-0 Real Esteli FT. (5-0 ag). #Crew96 advance to likely face Monterrey in the CCL quarterfinal. Boring game that was marred by what looks like a serious injury to Aidan Morris - slated to be one of the top young American players to watch in the league in 2021

:wall:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzDulj7WgAAeXzJ?format=jpg&name=large

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mother ####er

======

Porter on Aidan Morris: “I’m just sad for him because he was playing so well. He’s really starting to blossom right under neath our eyes. Looks pretty bad. Looks like it’s going to be pretty bad.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of Dike information here.  The tidbits about Orlando having the chance to call him back before the Championship playoffs is interesting...

 

=====================

Barnsley have ‘first right’ on Daryl Dike and being able to afford his agreed fee does not depend on promotion to the Premier League, says chief executive Dane Murphy.

Murphy insists the Reds have a clause in the deal which means they can buy Dike ahead of anyone else, as long as they can agree personal terms.

Murphy told the Chronicle: “We have first right and we can sign him if we pay the fee that was agreed.

“The right to buy him is ours until we choose to use it or not.”

Murphy says missing out on promotion and the money that brings would not exclude the Reds from signing Dike permanently. He also rubbished reports that the fee was around £15million, after previously saying it was closer to fees the Reds have paid in the past.

He said: “We need to see where we are at the end of the season but it’s not at all contingent on us going to the Premier League at all.”

Some reports have claimed that Dike’s loan will expire on April 21, so after Barnsley’s trip to Huddersfield Town on Wednesday, as the MLS season is re-starting. Murphy said: “It is not true. He will stay until the end of the season, including the play-offs if we get there. Orlando have a call-back option on May 2 which was in place because, when we did the deal, May 5 was the end of the window for MLS but it’s now been pushed into June.

“The call-back option is there but we will have him all season.

“I would be very surprised if they took that option the way things have gone for Daryl, us and Orlando.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Mother ####er

======

Porter on Aidan Morris: “I’m just sad for him because he was playing so well. He’s really starting to blossom right under neath our eyes. Looks pretty bad. Looks like it’s going to be pretty bad.”

I had literally just heard of this kid yesterday watching 11 Yanks Gold Cup Prediction Video. He had him pegged to start as the 6. Total bummer.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

I had literally just heard of this kid yesterday watching 11 Yanks Gold Cup Prediction Video. He had him pegged to start as the 6. Total bummer.

He was the kid that seemingly came out of no where to have an emergency start in MLS Cup last year and just crushed it and people were like "where has he been hiding?"

He looked excellent in CCL this year until he got hurt.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Ok...that goal is insane- by any player. By a USMNT GK? Flabbergatable.

Campos was a USMNT nemesis -- Messican GK for a pretty good stretch.

ETA: he kind of played like that when he was actually in goal too.  Took crazy risks leaving his goal open.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Campos was a USMNT nemesis -- Messican GK for a pretty good stretch.

Exactly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WRONG THREAD

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Campos was a USMNT nemesis -- Messican GK for a pretty good stretch.

ETA: he kind of played like that when he was actually in goal too.  Took crazy risks leaving his goal open.

One of my favorites of all time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moe. said:

We need one soccer thread to rule them all 

No way. We need MORE soccer threads. Ideas:

1. Football vs Soccer: What Should We Call It

2. Favorite Soccer Uniforms

3. Your Best Soccer Moment In Your Own Playing Career

4. Hot Soccer Moms

5. Show Us Your Soccer Scarf Collection

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

No way. We need MORE soccer threads. Ideas:

1. Football vs Soccer: What Should We Call It

2. Favorite Soccer Uniforms

3. Your Best Soccer Moment In Your Own Playing Career

4. Hot Soccer Moms

5. Show Us Your Soccer Scarf Collection

These are all great and I would spend an inordinate amount of time in #4, but come on...  this is JesusGuys.  No way Joe lets us "objectify" Soccer Moms like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

No way. We need MORE soccer threads. Ideas:

1. Football vs Soccer: What Should We Call It

2. Favorite Soccer Uniforms

3. Your Best Soccer Moment In Your Own Playing Career

4. Hot Soccer Moms

5. Show Us Your Soccer Scarf Collection

6. Kits or Uniforms? Let’s talk clothing nomenclature.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, encaitar said:

These are all great and I would spend an inordinate amount of time in #4, but come on...  this is JesusGuys.  No way Joe lets us "objectify" Soccer Moms like that.

But there'll be orange slices and everything!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

I'm an American dammit. It's a uniform for goodness sakes. 

Please take this to the “Kits or Uniforms? Let’s talk clothing nomenclature” thread.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

Lots of Dike information here.  The tidbits about Orlando having the chance to call him back before the Championship playoffs is interesting...

 

=====================

Barnsley have ‘first right’ on Daryl Dike and being able to afford his agreed fee does not depend on promotion to the Premier League, says chief executive Dane Murphy.

Murphy insists the Reds have a clause in the deal which means they can buy Dike ahead of anyone else, as long as they can agree personal terms.

Murphy told the Chronicle: “We have first right and we can sign him if we pay the fee that was agreed.

“The right to buy him is ours until we choose to use it or not.”

Murphy says missing out on promotion and the money that brings would not exclude the Reds from signing Dike permanently. He also rubbished reports that the fee was around £15million, after previously saying it was closer to fees the Reds have paid in the past.

He said: “We need to see where we are at the end of the season but it’s not at all contingent on us going to the Premier League at all.”

Some reports have claimed that Dike’s loan will expire on April 21, so after Barnsley’s trip to Huddersfield Town on Wednesday, as the MLS season is re-starting. Murphy said: “It is not true. He will stay until the end of the season, including the play-offs if we get there. Orlando have a call-back option on May 2 which was in place because, when we did the deal, May 5 was the end of the window for MLS but it’s now been pushed into June.

“The call-back option is there but we will have him all season.

“I would be very surprised if they took that option the way things have gone for Daryl, us and Orlando.”

There's a lot of moving parts in there with the most important part being agreeing to wages (i.e he's not going back to Orlando unless he wants to).  It'll be interesting to see if there is a bigger club that pay him more than Barnsley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Adams and Richards both starting today against each other.

If RBL can win, Brooks and Wolfsburg can do them a favor tomorrow morning by knocking off Bayern. Would be one point behind if those things happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Seeing the US score against Mex...always happy.

It also reminds me about how far we've come tactically.  Going Route 1 is no more for the USA.  Took ~35 years, but the USA can finally compete technically with modern tactics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

I'm an American dammit. It's a uniform for goodness sakes. 

Kit is a name for a car that talks.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Weah starting for Lille again.

Can't be undersold how great this is. Starting for the team that's ahead of PSG. Love seeing the trust they have in his game...which shows his game has improved and become more consistent to go along with all that obvious upside.

 

What a time to be alive

-us fans everywhere.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are in a bad patch of serious knee injuries.  I think this is 3 now in the last year or so..

===============

Columbus Crew SC

@ColumbusCrewSC

Aidan Morris will undergo ACL reconstruction on his left knee, expected to be sidelined for approx. 9-12 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

We are in a bad patch of serious knee injuries.  I think this is 3 now in the last year or so..

===============

Columbus Crew SC

@ColumbusCrewSC

Aidan Morris will undergo ACL reconstruction on his left knee, expected to be sidelined for approx. 9-12 months.

Especially if your name is Morris :(

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Steffen starting as expected. Pulisic on the bench today. 
 

It looks like Abraham has been the biggest casualty of the coaching change at Chelsea.  I don't even see him the squad today unless I missed him (or he got hurt yesterday in training).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if there was a sudden turnover or something else going on since I only saw the highlight, but Steffan looks miles out of position on the Chelsea goal.  Like "WTF was he thinking" bad.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...