What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

I enjoy chatting with you guys.  I see we are about to lose another long time poster in @TLEF316

Is there any where online you guys would ever go to chat about US Soccer (or any soccer) or is this it until the forums die or Floppo is the last one left screaming Wrong Thread?

I have always wondered about starting a sub reddit just for us but I fear no one will bother posting.
Agreed.  Do we want to make it US specific or Soccer in general?  What do we want to call it?  We can make a private one and only invite the soccer nerds from here.

Agreed.  Do we want to make it US specific or Soccer in general?  What do we want to call it?  We can make a private one and only invite the soccer nerds from here.
I would make it soccer in general.  In the reddit we could then simply replicate our soccer threads from here and just keep those running as the main threads.

The big problem is how to let people know who no longer post here.  My big fear is that we are too small now and it will too soon look like an echo chamber of only a couple of people posting.

So you guys are really considering moving on from here because someone is upset about getting a timeout about a joke insensitive to lesbians while you complain about an anti-gay Mexican chant?

All this talk of moving to reddit and leaving FBG behind feels weirdly familiar somehow. Maybe it reminds me of the origin of the Premier League.

Makes me feel kind of like Coventry City must have felt back then.

So you guys are really considering moving on from here because someone is upset about getting a timeout about a joke insensitive to lesbians while you complain about an anti-gay Mexican chant?
You misunderstand.

I did not propose moving because of a protest of an off color joke.  I proposed moving ( or at least having a plan in place), because we are dropping lots of posters who have been banned or have quit FFA for various reasons.   I enjoyed reading and talking to Scooby, Sebowski, TLEF's and many others who have left.

My fear is that we are going to dwindle down to nothing here (it is already kind of a ghost town when we don't have a cataclysmic event like Super League to follow)

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
You know me better than that.  I was agreeing with NR's sentiment that we're slowly dwindling to just floppo talking to his phone's auto-correct.
Maybe I should have phrased that better. You guys are stand up folks. I just find it ironic that losing a poster for 3 months over a gay joke was the catalyst for moving the another board. The day will come when Mexican fans are ejected from games for using the P word and are shaking their heads at how the environment changed where their chant meant to be fun and not a slur on gays is no longer allowed. 

we are dwindling because we are aging and the younger generation doesn’t messageboard. We are dwindling because we haven’t played a meaningful national team game since Brady was young. Lastly we are dwindling because J wants this to be a place your kids and family can surf, not you and me cracking jokes over a beer that we wouldn’t crack in our office

Maybe I should have phrased that better. You guys are stand up folks. I just find it ironic that losing a poster for 3 months over a gay joke was the catalyst for moving the another board
It is not the catalyst.  It is just another reminder that we are losing people constantly from here for many reasons.

I just thought it might be nice to have a back up plan in case the people who have left still would like to chat.

I in no way intended this to have the political bent you are trying to make it out to be.

The reason TLEF (and others) are leaving is relatively meaningless to me.  I am only interested in the actual leaving part, not the reason why per say.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dike magic continues.  That was the only goal in the game and puts Barnsley another 3 points closer to securing the playoffs.

I believe this puts them 8 points clear of 7th.

Shame they didn't win last weekend...they would be in 4th level on games played.
true but in reality there is very little difference between 3rd and 6th in this format.    And they are too far away from 2nd to gain automatic promotion.

The only advantage you get from finishing 3rd and 4th instead of 5th and 6th is that you host the second leg of the playoffs.

The Dike magic continues.  That was the only goal in the game and puts Barnsley another 3 points closer to securing the playoffs.

I believe this puts them 8 points clear of 7th.
Six points clear with 3 games to play.  Four points guarantees promotion, but 2 or 3 would probably be enough.

Oddsmakers have them 95%+ to make the playoff and right around one in four to gain promotion.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
true but in reality there is very little difference between 3rd and 6th in this format.    And they are too far away from 2nd to gain automatic promotion.

The only advantage you get from finishing 3rd and 4th instead of 5th and 6th is that you host the second leg of the playoffs.
Maybe it's just me, but 3rd of 20-22 teams sounds like an upper level team, 6th is starting to border on midd of the pack.  I realize it means little to nothing in terms of the playoffs.

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

The attention has been on Daryl Dike in the Championship -- but let's show some love to Cameron-Carter Vickers. Bournemouth have won 7 consecutive league matches and are currently 3rd in the table.

Martin

@BlondeOrigi

Daryl Dike at Barnsley (so far):

- 9 goals in 16 matches

- Highest goals per shots on target in Championship (.67)

- 2nd highest goals per shots (.31)

- 2nd highest goals per 90 (.75)

And he's just 20 years old

Read yesterday that Dike has 9 goals off 12 shots on goal.  Which is... not sustainable.  He'll either need to up his shot totals or the goals rate will come back to earth.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Read yesterday that Dike has 9 goals off 12 shots on goal.  Which is... not sustainable.  He'll either need to up his shot totals or the goals rate will come back to earth.
Out of interest I looked up his MLS stats.

He scored on 8 of 12 in MLS.

So that means in under a full season of play between MLS and the Championship, he has scored on 17 out of 24 shots on target.  I agree that appears to be unsustainable.  

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sporting Kansas City rejected offers from two Serie A clubs this winter for Gianluca Busio, sources tell MLSsoccer. Other clubs from Italy, Germany and the Netherlands have reached out as well. Busio, 18, is a rising star with SKC and the US youth national teams

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sporting Kansas City rejected offers from two Serie A clubs this winter for Gianluca Busio, sources tell MLSsoccer. Other clubs from Italy, Germany and the Netherlands have reached out as well. Busio, 18, is a rising star with SKC and the US youth national teams
Interesting.

Sporting KC needs to let him go. His growth is going to be stunted with them. Hopefully the reasons are because they were low-balled on money.

Interesting.

Sporting KC needs to let him go. His growth is going to be stunted with them. Hopefully the reasons are because they were low-balled on money.
I thought he made a nice step forward last year in his transitioning to a deep lying midfielder.  Hopefully he can show more progress this season and maybe look to move in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread